Drooburt

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Is there any way to help that poor quaggan in Town of Prosperity? I already gave him all my gold, but he did not react. Well, obviously I did not, but does giving him money actually accomplish anything substantial?

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

I think he’s a drunk and this is just a lesson in giving alcoholics your money. I gave him 1g1s1c.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Yes I would also say that this walking punching bag is a freeloading drunkard. Gave him 1g and he still isnt satisfied (a drink costs less than 1 silver).

Drooburt

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

Yes I would also say that this walking punching bag is a freeloading drunkard. Gave him 1g and he still isnt satisfied (a drink costs less than 1 silver).

Blood Whiskey, no less. He must have ten livers.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

Or he’s thirsty because he’s in a desert area with the closest water on the other side of a quickstand river… and he’s of an aquatic race.

Drooburt

in Living World

Boneheart.3561

Or he’s thirsty because he’s in a desert area with the closest water on the other side of a quickstand river… and he’s of an aquatic race.

That was my first thought when speaking with him, terrible place for a quaggan. Then he had no thanks for my gold. That’s when I walked inside the building and noticed it’s a bar..

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Gave him 4g, nothing happend.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

That was my first thought when speaking with him, terrible place for a quaggan. Then he had no thanks for my gold. That’s when I walked inside the building and noticed it’s a bar..

Most bars serve water :P.

I mean, sure for all we know he could be a drunkard, or he simply could be hanging out at the one place which WILL give out drinks/water.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

So for all we know, he’s a clever goldsink. I guess we’ll never find out if there is a hidden achievement for giving him 2000g (or is it 3000g?). Maybe it comes with a title “Greatest Moron Ever”.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

At the end of LS2 he strikes it rich in the mine and repays you with interest.

Then he stages a hostile takeover of the BLTC, rebrands it as a low-interest mortgage shell corporation, and plunges us all in to massive housing debt for the new player housing feature. LS3’s plot is all about solving the tyrian mortgage collapse.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

[snip]

For some reason I legitimately feel like this would be pretty interesting and fun. I think there is probably something wrong with me.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Rasern.3562

Rasern.3562

At the end of LS2 he strikes it rich in the mine and repays you with interest.

Then he stages a hostile takeover of the BLTC, rebrands it as a low-interest mortgage shell corporation, and plunges us all in to massive housing debt for the new player housing feature. LS3’s plot is all about solving the tyrian mortgage collapse.

Too funny. Well done sir. Well done.

AKA “Koopa”
Proud member of [coVn] on Fort Aspenwood.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Why is that quaggan even in Dry Top to begin with?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I’ve given him over 5g…I couldn’t believe that he doesn’t actually do anything so I kept giving him money. lol I’ve come to the same conclusion as everyone else, he likes to drink. Would probably make for a really funny story as to how he even got out there in the middle of nowhere.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I like ensuring that he’s thoroughly moistened.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

I gave him 25g in the hopes he would get drunk and go around insulting the people in town. Sadly, my wishes did not come true..

JQ- [VG]

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I’m getting quite fed-up with the ‘unload your gold here in large quantities’ npcs. It made sense with collect-o-tron, but now it’s getting insulting. As if stuff doesn’t cost enough already.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I gave him a few kicks in the liver. I do that to all Quaggans I encounter. I don’t want any of them to think I am their friend.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

He is relatively close to a well with water in it. Hmm … you can take the bucket near the well and go to the bottom to fill it but there does not seem to be a way to get it back up. Maybe there is a way and you can pour some water on him.

He admits to being guilty of poor decision making.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: rcs.4120

rcs.4120

You can get out of the well. There are ledges on the side that you can jump on. Not that it helps.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Gold sink ftw lol

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d prefer not to know what you want to do with a moist quaggan. :P

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

yeh i gave him 1g
did the stuff in the bar, realized.. oh, he’s a dunk . . . .
they actually got half a laugh out of me
it was better content than a donate 2-6 gold and then have people miserably fail it
donate to do event

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I’m assuming he lives in the well from the town lol

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

hes evil dont give him money hes saving for a device he going to use to take over the world thats after you kill of all the elder dragons for him. hell attack you right after the last fight to take you out along with your litle friends. hes stewy in quaggon desguise

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

Just curious, is it possible that donating slightly adds to the favor bar? I haven’t donated in large quantities, so I guess it would be hard to tell.

Prob just a drunk…

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

So just so I’m clear on something, some stupid npc, that does nothing, and contributes to nothing except taking your money in the game, probably has earned more gold than me the entire time I’ve played the game from the start. Got it. Thanks Arenanet.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

So just so I’m clear on something, some stupid npc, that does nothing, and contributes to nothing except taking your money in the game, probably has earned more gold than me the entire time I’ve played the game from the start. Got it. Thanks Arenanet.

Time to get drunk and ask for handouts all day!

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I gave him a few kicks in the liver. I do that to all Quaggans I encounter. I don’t want any of them to think I am their friend.

Mostly this. I also gave him a silver to satisfy my curiosity and help towards his medical expenses (I kicked/shot at him a lot; kitten free-loader/badly disguised ArenaNet gold-sink™!)

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

You seem Incredulous with his presence.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

Drooburt should start his own kickstarter. Seems like the common way to make a ton of money for doing nothing these days.

Drooburt

in Living World

pessimist.7294

Until now he probably collected enough money to build his own booze factory

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

The hyleck explains why there is no water at dry top. That a monster drank it all and we have to cut open its belly probably turns quicksand river into one with water.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Does anyone have luck luring parasitic devourers to that drunk?

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I’d prefer not to know what you want to do with a moist quaggan. :P

sings

What do we do with a moistened quaggan,
Early in the morrrrrr-ning?

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It’s a good thing it’s not possible to buy alcohol from other vendors and give it to him. For all we know he is an underaged Quaggan and players doing this could be brought up on charges of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Just think how that would look on your resume, a morals charge involving you and a drunk, young Quaggan not wearing much in the way of clothing.

Either way, giving alcohol to a Quaggan and having him drunk and in a Quaggan rage should delete karma from your account, not add it.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

Anet should most definitely add an alternate animation for every emote in the game that plays when you’re drunk. Then we could all have a drunken dance party with Drooburt and break some furniture, and he’d be able to foot the whole bill.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

Anet should most definitely add an alternate animation for every emote in the game that plays when you’re drunk.

Oh my gods. This needs to happen!

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Drooburt

in Living World

ThiBash.5634

So let me get this straight…he literally doesn’t do anything except taking your gold? What a rip-off…typical ArenaNet. They add 1 thing I like, then immediately follow up with something that makes me loathe them like this.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Perhaps you can fill a bucket of water in the well, then give the bucket to the quaggan

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

Drooburt is not meant as a gold-sink, he is probably just meant as a joke. You should laugh at the idea of a quaggan in a desert, and the option to give him money is there to express pity for this useless character.

It was never intended for masses of players to remove thousands of gold from the economy. The absence of an event bar should be a clue. (And I do find the suggestion interesting that donations to Drooburt could have a tiny effect on the Zephyrite Merchant tier. I wish I had an answer there.)

Not everything in this game has to be functional, or dedicated to “making loot”. Some things are just meant to be entertaining.

Drooburt

in Living World

ThiBash.5634

You’re flagged for being an ArenaNet sock puppet account because no player in their right mind would try to justify this.

There are beggars in Divinity’s Reach that have the same ‘entertainment purpose’ except when you ‘give them a coin’, you don’t actually spend your hard earned cash.

If it were meant for entertainment, he’d have dialogue only. This is just a gold sink, and an offensive one at that.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’m getting quite fed-up with the ‘unload your gold here in large quantities’ npcs. It made sense with collect-o-tron, but now it’s getting insulting. As if stuff doesn’t cost enough already.

It really doesn’t.

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

http://oi60.tinypic.com/1iiv6t.jpg

Is this the quaggan you are talking about? :P

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Perhaps you can fill a bucket of water in the well, then give the bucket to the quaggan

I tried filling that bucket before finding the quaggan. The bucket seems to disappear as soon as you fill it. o_O

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. They killed Drooburt! Prepare to be kittenned Mordremoth!!

(The big question is, where did all that money he collected go?)

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Drooburt

in Living World

pessimist.7294

Didnt you hear? There is a Skrittkingdom in the area, we should search there for our money

Drooburt

in Living World

Posted by: Mafetix.9857

Mafetix.9857

This was cruel and traumatic and I think I might need a hug.

The Legion of Honour [XIII] & OPERATION: UNION - bringing players together
http://is.gd/operationunion