Ending Cinematic

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Just wanted to say that final cutscene is fantastic! Probably my favorite in GW2 so far. Overall, Season 2 has been much better imo and in the opinion of my guildies. Nice work!

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

OH MY GOD! that final cutscene was A..maaa…zingly cool

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Ya it was a Mass Effect moment where we saw….

EVERYTHING!!!

From what we saw it may appear that each Orb represented a Elder Dragon.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I was like….duuuuude….
and then I was like….duuuuude….

Duuuuude……

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

Was epic. Am currently running story again.

Magummadweller

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I want a way to rewatch the cutscene!
It doesn’t seem like you can do that through the journal?

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Serophous.9085

I was recording, so I can rewatch all I want. And you can watch it on youtube :P

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

It was really beautiful and pretty symbolic as well. From all the cinematics I’ve watched in gw it’s the best hands down.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

I did it on a charr and there were horrible clipping issues; like I could see the inside of it’s head clipping issues.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Strali Astralis.4570

Strali Astralis.4570

Mind. F******. Blown. ArenaNet I love you.

And yes, if you read the story journal, each orb represents an Elder Dragon.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

I haven’t played yet and you guys caused me to spoil myself and find out what all the fuss is about

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Wubdor.5190

Wubdor.5190

I recorded it and upoaded it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-dgaR-k7vo
You’re welcome.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I was recording, so I can rewatch all I want. And you can watch it on youtube :P

Yeah but I want to watch it as me of course >.>
pout

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Mickey Frogeater.1470

Mickey Frogeater.1470

What does the central orb represent?…… Is it the Pale Tree?…..

We know that Mordremoth targeted it while the other Elder Dragons ignored it…..

Is….. this the birth of the Nightmare?…..

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Yeah it was really good.
Actually looked like a movie opposed to a cutscene.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

So what Scarlet saw was how Modremoth’s mind barged in and corrupted the Pale Tree it would seem……

Now we know where the Nightmare came from…..

And yet we don’t know for certain that the Elder Dragon was the entity that assailed Scarlet’s mind upon her leaving the machine…..

What we do know is that Mordremoth created the Nightmare….

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

That cutscene was epic! In my opinion, this episode in general has been the best story episode yet, and the landscapes are beautiful!

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If we assume the 6 orbs are dragons, then that means there are a confirmed 6 dragons.

Zhaitan, Kralkatorrik, Jormag, Primordus, Mordremoth, and Bubbles. If the Pale Tree is the center, and thus the dragons are rotating around her, it’s quite possible that she is in fact Tyria’s will incarnate, the equivalent of Hydaelyn from FFXIV (Hydaelyn is the planet’s will, and often speaks to the player).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

Yeah, very nice hallucinogenic mushrooms experience

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

a theory:
did anyone else notice the theme with Yggdrasil and the six/seven worlds? Therefore the six orbs circling the middle one would stand for the six dragons and also the six worlds (Asgard, Midgard, Jotunheim, Vanaheim, Alfheim and Hel). I find the middle orb particular interesting, because it should be Svartalfheim(?). So it could accutually stand for both the destructive power of dragons (if you count the seventh world as the world of “black elves” i.e. evil/destruction) and the world of gw since the black elves are considered synonymous with dwarves (and well, the dwarves are the oldest race in the gw universe I belive).

(edited by Ashamir.9574)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Scarlet only saw that orb and the Elder Dragon orbs after diving into the Pale Tree…..

In other words the Pale Tree knows of 6 Elder Dragons and that one of them invaded her to create the Nightmare…..

Any other Elder Dragons are likely not known to the Pale Tree…..

What Scarlet saw was the Pale Tree’s knowledge of Tyria not the whole Eternal Alchemy……

If there are Elder Dragons in Cantha she wouldn’t know it….

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

If this doesn’t confirm the fact that super saiyan charrs exists, then idk what does

Attachments:

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

So we’re the ones diving into the Pale Tree’s mind in this episode?….. Fascinating……

We follow Scarlet’s footsteps and don’t attempt to avoid the Pale Tree which would have given us actual data on the Eternal Alchemy…..

It didn’t drive us insane like it did Scarlet….. Probably because we’re not dumb enough to get a closer look at the Mordremoth corrupted Pale Tree in her mind…..

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

RyuDragnier.9476

So we’re the ones diving into the Pale Tree’s mind in this episode?….. Fascinating……

We follow Scarlet’s footsteps and don’t attempt to avoid the Pale Tree which would have given us actual data on the Eternal Alchemy…..

It didn’t drive us insane like it did Scarlet….. Probably because we’re not dumb enough to get a closer look at the Mordremoth corrupted Pale Tree in her mind…..

Nahh, we got pulled out before that could happen. I hope we at least can understand what the dragons say now as a side effect. Maybe even start hearing their voices like they’re trying to corrupt us.

[hS]

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

Now we know that Modremoth can corrupt anyone who looks into the Pale Tree’s mind(the most easily findable target within the Eternal Alchemy when inside the Maguuma Jungle).

If one were to open their mind to the Eternal Alchemy while in Cantha who knows what we would run into……

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I quit the instance and reentered to watch it again. It was completely worth it. Best cutscene ever, awesome job!

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Awesome work. 10/10.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Nahh, we got pulled out before that could happen. I hope we at least can understand what the dragons say now as a side effect. Maybe even start hearing their voices like they’re trying to corrupt us.

Though as much as I would be acting the same way as my character after being shocked by who knows how many voltage of electricity and seeing the Eternal Alchemy I would be a bit concerned if my mind was still intact or Mordremoth may have gotten into my head just enough that we may start hearing his voice as we progress farther into the storyline.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Serophous.9085

Though as much as I would be acting the same way as my character after being shocked by who knows how many voltage of electricity and seeing the Eternal Alchemy I would be a bit concerned if my mind was still intact or Mordremoth may have gotten into my head just enough that we may start hearing his voice as we progress farther into the storyline.

This would be cool in the fact as we are playing, a whisper can play in the background during story mode.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

This would be cool in the fact as we are playing, a whisper can play in the background during story mode.

That would actually be very very cool.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Evillix.7395

Evillix.7395

I’ve kindly recorded and uploaded the Final Cutscene.

Obviously it contains Spoilers, so please do not watch if you haven’t completed the Story yet!

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Obviously it contains Spoilers, so please do not watch if you haven’t completed the Story yet!

Thanks, was hoping for this

~Sincerely, Scissors

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The line that came to mind was …

MY GOD. IT’S FULL OF STARS.

I have to do this all again on all my alts to see that (curses at the Ft. Salma part, ’twill be a stumbling block).

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Evillix.7395

Thanks, was hoping for this

No problem.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

RyuDragnier.9476

Add in our characters getting a dazed status when it occurs, along with some instances where we can’t tell who is friend and who is foe. You know, make it so we’re not even sure if we’re going to be able to take on the dragon without going insane in the process.

Even have a dungeon ending with a real fight worthy of a final fight, where we get to the point where we have to do the final blow to Mordremoth ourselves, only for him to try to take complete control of us. Being up close, we end up in our own mind, where we have to fight and defeat him there in order to allow us to pull the finishing blow on him.

[hS]

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Add in our characters getting a dazed status when it occurs, along with some instances where we can’t tell who is friend and who is foe. You know, make it so we’re not even sure if we’re going to be able to take on the dragon without going insane in the process.

Even have a dungeon ending with a real fight worthy of a final fight, where we get to the point where we have to do the final blow to Mordremoth ourselves, only for him to try to take complete control of us. Being up close, we end up in our own mind, where we have to fight and defeat him there in order to allow us to pull the finishing blow on him.

I made a topic on this, I would love your input

~Sincerely, Scissors

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Serophous.9085

Kinda like in skyrim where you drink that potion, and slaughter all these goblins, only to find out they were villagers.

I was actually half expecting this when I got out and would fight everyone round me till I was subdued.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Kinda like in skyrim where you drink that potion, and slaughter all these goblins, only to find out they were villagers.

Le wut? What quest is that?

I was actually half expecting this when I got out and would fight everyone round me till I was subdued.

Same here, I was expecting this would have some repercussions on my PC. But it still might, lets hope so

~Sincerely, Scissors

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Wubdor.5190

Wubdor.5190

You’re two hours late. I posted it up above in the thread. :p

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

Can anyone fully make out ALL of the voices? Or did no one notice them? :P
I saw it, a single mind! (couldnt catch what was said after), do not question the dream we must all plan our paths. There was also talking in the very beginning but i cant make it out

(edited by onemantankwall.3641)

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

RyuDragnier.9476

It sounded like the Pale Tree. At one point saying “Don’t do this to me, it’s not time.”

[hS]

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Visual artists did awesome in that final cinematic.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Evillix.7395

You’re two hours late. I posted it up above in the thread. :p

Oh well. There’s already 2 other uploads of the cinematic as well, and probably will be more.

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Yeah it was pretty cool. So wait does those 7 orbs repersent the elder dragons since the green orb that entered the center is Mordremoth?

Also does the funny dialogue part after the scene differ from race to race? I was playing as my Charr guardian and Braham mention the magic coming out of my ear and someone mention about my fur (or was it hair) standing up?

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Zero.7345

Zero.7345

I had pretty much one expression during that whole cinematic, cookies to those who get the reference lol.

Attachments:

Leo Brutus

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Mickey Frogeater.1470

What would happen if one traversed the Eternal Alchemy around the Pale Tree all the way to the part embodying Cantha and looked into Kuunavang’s mind?……

Would that be safe?…..

If people keep breaching the Pale Tree’s mind she is likely to fall to the Nightmare completely!

Our minds may be safe yet the Pale Tree’s mind most certainly isn’t!

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: onemantankwall.3641

onemantankwall.3641

One mind…. One mind…. Im stuck on one mind….. Could the dragons all be of one???

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Asukai.4507

Asukai.4507

Make me wish we was corrupted how fun that would be but the cinematic looks good

Ending Cinematic

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I had pretty much one expression during that whole cinematic, cookies to those who get the reference lol.

See my post above. I can has cookie?