First mission problem. Justiciar Araya - OPE

in Living World

Posted by: adiosro.8125

adiosro.8125

The first mission in the new LW. How to release Justicar Araya? I do not understand this riddle. I’m throwing Bloodstone stones and nothing. What is the combination? It’s a mission just before the release of the eye.

in Living World

Posted by: WTFLIN.6801

WTFLIN.6801

Try to activate all the little glyphs surrounding her.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s the same puzzle as earlier in the instance, so it should be fairly straightforward if you were able to work it out first time around

in Living World

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I don’t understand these puzzles, either. I’m always stuck with just 1 glyph being activated, and when i try to neutralize it, the two on the side respawn, and the cycle goes on forever. I’m really, really horrible at puzzles.

in Living World

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

This is exactly the reason why I wont be buying anything else from Anet.

I hate this sort of garbage. Kill stuff, I get it. Puzzles? Nope. Not interested.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Living World

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

wait till the second mission.. omg this has to be worst story yet.. thanks for making me realize this game is STILL going down the wrong path of NO FUN FACTOR. FUN IS GONE.

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in Living World

Shanna.4762

I don’t play MMO’s or RPG’s to have to do puzzles. That’s what puzzle games are for.

in Living World

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I don’t know if there’s a quick solution but you need to end up with 3 in a row so putting one in the middle of them ends it. Just keep messing around until you get it, unfortunately.

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I wasn’t a fan of this either, but one tip – u can fire the bloodstone at an inactive glyph.

Finally reached the map after 2 shaky instances. Hoping we get on track at some point. We’re veering off again and it still doesn’t feel like we’re starting a finale episode yet.

in Living World

Shanna.4762

I don’t know if there’s a quick solution but you need to end up with 3 in a row so putting one in the middle of them ends it. Just keep messing around until you get it, unfortunately.

Yeah, I’ve been doing that, but when I hit the one in the middle, it re-lights the two on the side, and vice-versa forever and ever.

in Living World

Posted by: Tranc.6780

Tranc.6780

Tip: throwing a bloodstone fragment not only flips the glyph you target but the two beside it. Watch how they bounce. You need to turn all remaining glyphs off at once, so you need 3 in a row on.

in Living World

Posted by: Tranc.6780

Tranc.6780

Hint: symmetry can help!

in Living World

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

I wasn’t a fan of this either, but one tip – u can fire the bloodstone at an inactive glyph.

Finally reached the map after 2 shaky instances. Hoping we get on track at some point. We’re veering off again and it still doesn’t feel like we’re starting a finale episode yet.

What? We have to go through 2 bloody instances before we get to the map?

in Living World

Posted by: Widowmaker Z.4802

Widowmaker Z.4802

I don’t play MMO’s or RPG’s to have to do puzzles. That’s what puzzle games are for.

I couldn’t agree more, if I wanted to play puzzle games, I’d break out my NES system.

in Living World

Posted by: Xantalas.1732

Xantalas.1732

If i wanted to puzzle idd do a crossword. what bull…..

in Living World

Posted by: Jasst.7049

Jasst.7049

Even worse, I’ve sorted the puzzle, but the shield isn’t going down on Justicar Araya? Is it a glitch or is there something I’m supposed to do?

Yeah i’m having the same issue ,all 9 are down and the shields still up

in Living World

Posted by: Lucinda.4958

Lucinda.4958

Turns out you’re supposed to put them all up, instead of putting them down. (I misread the above comments lol)

Even worse, I’ve sorted the puzzle, but the shield isn’t going down on Justicar Araya? Is it a glitch or is there something I’m supposed to do?

Yeah i’m having the same issue ,all 9 are down and the shields still up

in Living World

Posted by: Swarf.3240

Swarf.3240

the puzzle not so bad once you understand how it works the problem arises from the first encounter with it i had no idea how i solved it i was just spamming firing the unstable bloodstones from the barrel and did it. A bit of dialogue in here to hint at the mechanics of the puzzle would have helped

in Living World

Posted by: Mazdan.2071

Mazdan.2071

Can someone please post a youtube video of how to do this. I’m an idiot. I can’t figure out puzzles due to my autism. I enjoy killing stuff. Please help. Don’t explain it, I can see the mechanics I just can’t do it. I do need my hand held so please help. We’re not all IT programmer puzzle experts. Some of us are just casual games and this game used to be friendly to us. Not anymore.

Leave puzzles to the fractals. Make LS fun and friendly like it used to be.

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Can someone please post a youtube video of how to do this. I’m an idiot.

You grab bloodstone fragments and throw them at the things on the floor. The first one has them in a barrel, whereas the second one comes from the enemies. When you throw them, they’ll invert the state of the one you threw it at as well as the ones directly next to it.

To simply solve it, throw the bloodstone like this, following the numbers:

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I just brute-forced it. It was utterly tedious. If I’d done it the way it’s supposed to be done it would have been shorter but no less tedious.

Who is this supposed to entertain?

in Living World

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

Unfortunately, the 2nd puzzle isn’t solved like the first one. I had to turn on the stones to get through, rather than turn them all off like the first one. Unless something isn’t working right.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: mygirlparadise.7583

mygirlparadise.7583

I’ll be honest I had my Autistic 16 year old, who is a genius with puzzles and anything computer, do that part for me. He was like, “Easy peasy, mom” . :/ LOL

Xhexania Sivad – [TK] Tactical Killers
Devonas Rest
Ranger, Ele, Mesmer, and Necro

in Living World

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I found the second puzzle frustrating, but it was nice to be forced to think. Justiciar Araya was, if anything, under powered.

I think it was fairly well done. the particle balls flying out when you hit a glyph were a big hint of how to work the puzzle.

Mesmerising Girl

in Living World

Healix.5819

Unfortunately, the 2nd puzzle isn’t solved like the first one.

Both can be solved by turning them all on, which overloads the shield and causes damage, hence why the second one required it. You get an achievement for doing it on the first one.

in Living World

Posted by: jonG.8369

jonG.8369

Stuck on this for 45 minutes. How do you turn them all on?

in Living World

Healix.5819

Stuck on this for 45 minutes. How do you turn them all on?

Reset it (leave the instance), then scroll up and follow the pictures.

in Living World

Posted by: jonG.8369

jonG.8369

Thanks Healix that worked. I wasn’t sure about resetting the instance and having to re-do everything leading up to that over again.

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You grab bloodstone fragments and throw them at the things on the floor. The first one has them in a barrel, whereas the second one comes from the enemies. When you throw them, they’ll invert the state of the one you threw it at as well as the ones directly next to it.

Thanks for the pictures. I didn’t feel like thinking this through so I brute forced each one. First one took only about a minute, but the second one took me closer to 10, guess I made a lot of bad decisions on it

in Living World

Posted by: vipyr.5397

vipyr.5397

This sequence does not work. I have tried it for over a week now, even exiting the instance, when there is no exit button to exit the instance. I had to go to edge of the mists to actually exit this lame instance. But the sequence does not work.

in Living World

Healix.5819

This sequence does not work.

Maybe this step by step of the first puzzle will help you figure it out:

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

in Living World

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

I dont find this even remotely amusing. Just a boring job to get through these puzzles because I dont like unfinished things.

“The puzzle’s pattern is the same as the Exemplar’s but upside down as viewed from the door to her chamber, with the player facing North.”

kitten I just want to kil things.

Endless conversations that cannot be ended, followed by missions like "get 3 infractions and subtract them to the deletions by killing 4 distractions.
Woooot?

(edited by Magnuzone.8395)

in Living World

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I just got to this puzzle and after 45 min I had to quit. I hope the person who designed this puzzle never gets to design anything else in his/her life.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Living World

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

Summary for pretty much this entire thread: Give us an option to bash it until it breaks.

sometimes being that dumb adventurer who only knows how to break things makes the adventure more lively and fun.

in Living World

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

This puzzle is present in more games than I probably know of. I don’t understand why people are unable to wrap their brains around it. I was a bit surprised to see it pop up in GW2, but ultimately, it’s the same tired old puzzle.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690