Floating castle in kessex hills

in Living World

Posted by: Alphonse.3504

Alphonse.3504

So i was doing my thing on youtube and came across this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xslnnsNAUPA&list=UUYUY9_i44IDNOs_Ja815mlA&index=2
it got me thinking a lot about this mysterious floating castle and the potential for the living story or a future dungeon. Check it out and tell me what you think.

in Living World

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

Uhhhgh again with Wooden Potatoes… to spare you guys some time, this castle has been there (okay in a slightly different position) since GW Prophecies. Back then several villians tried to gain access to it, like Galrath, Verata or Justiciar Marron.

In GW2 the villiage of Garrenhoff is right beneath it, a place where no physical work has to be done by the people, obedient elementals do it for them instead. Sometimes the owner of the tower, Isgarren, who no one so far has seen, invites people from the village into his tower and they never come back. There is a popular speculation that those people are turned into elementals. Some think the tower is now connected to the White Mantle or the Mursaat (as the former tried to gain access to it several times in GW1).

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

in Living World

Posted by: Green Flying Cubic Liquid.6230

Green Flying Cubic Liquid.6230

I guess giving players access to this castle and expanding it’s lore would be a brilliant addition to the GW world. I think so since GW1.

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I need to know what’s the deal!! 9_9

in Living World

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

It’s one of places they will use in one way or another in the future. It might be a part of a living story or it might be a dungeon, or maybe something else, there’s a couple of interesting place in the world at the moment that don’t yet have any function, so I’m really looking forward until they do add to them.

in Living World

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

I’d love to see this turned into a living story.. and then the final part of it would be to add this as a PERMANENT dungeon. First just introduce the story dungeon and then as time progresses add in explorable paths if they can’t do it all in one shot.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

in Living World

Posted by: Vulpis.8063

Vulpis.8063

I’d love to see this turned into a living story.. and then the final part of it would be to add this as a PERMANENT dungeon. First just introduce the story dungeon and then as time progresses add in explorable paths if they can’t do it all in one shot.

Yay, more uncompletable forced-grouping content. :-/

in Living World

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Yay, more uncompletable forced-grouping content. :-/

You know I don’t believe I said that this should be made into “forced-grouping content”… although you might see dungeons as that for the time being, the suggestion to make dungeons scale based on party size has been thrown around for a long time now.. which would allow for smaller parties or larger parties (if they allow parties to be larger someday.. i really hope they do) to both find enjoyment… however just because they don’t have scaling in for dungeons doesn’t mean they should stop making dungeons, making group content for an MMO seems rather appropriate I think.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

in Living World

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

All I can say is that when they release more content regarding the wizard’s tower, it better be brilliant. I’ve been waiting years for access to that castle, and I know many others have as well. It’s really what I’m hoping will be the high point of Guild Wars.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in Living World

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

I’m hoping they do a mini-dungeon, like that big Flame Legion area. Forget what it was called.. but I love that sort of thing, where it’s like a dungeon with tons of puzzles and stuff, but instead of it being an instance it’s a huge dynamic event chain.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Living World

Posted by: Rewiinded.9401

Rewiinded.9401

What about a city in a new area with a new “personal storyline” that runs through it?