Frozen out, cant use shortcut

in Living World

Posted by: Anapxist.5314

Anapxist.5314

Hello, i finished A Crack in ice story part and press replay it for achivements. I done all achi except Frozen Cut one while i did story first time, so i go directly to Frozen cut part. And i found i cant use shortcut to boss its not active, so i did it normal way and tryed again and it still not active. What should i do? I need to replay all episode from begining to use it or what? Can someone help me?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Well, from your screenshot, you seem to be in the final instance. I’m not entirely sure I understand what your problem is, though. If you’ve finished the instance once, then of course you need to replay it to get to the final boss. If you had gotten partway through, disconnected and wanted to get back to where you were, I’m not sure what to tell you. If you had reached a checkpoint, you apparently restart the instance from that point even if you had quit the game in the interim. Now, if you had finished the chapter and were replaying just for a certain instance, then you can skip straight to that instance, which should be marked as a purple star.

I hope that solves whatever problem you’re having. If it doesn’t, could you be clearer in what you’re actually looking for?

in Living World

Posted by: godfat.2604

godfat.2604

I have the same issue. I cannot use the brazier to skip to the boss. It’s extremely painful to go through the whole story again and again only for the last boss fight.

@Rognik, the problem is that the brazier is supposed to be used for skipping the fights before the boss. This should be active for characters who have done the story at least once. However this doesn’t work.

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Yeah, this is so frustrating, I just did the WvW reward track for the gloves to get the Aurora stuff. Of course I wasted first time to get all the other achievements…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: godfat.2604

godfat.2604

I actually realized that this was a very long standing bug, and apparently ANet is not going to fix it soon (hey they really had and have a ton of bugs for the story instances and achievements, they’re so painful to retry), so I would probably also just run WvW reward track. Unfortunately I also only realized this after I’ve completed all the other achievements. I only missed two from this story instance.

A couple of other threads:

There could have more. I stopped searching. Of course, I started to care about this because of Aurora.

in Living World

Posted by: Ixnay.2073

Ixnay.2073

This works for me.
Start another chapter.
Then again start ‘A crack in the ice’.
Change map to Frostgorge Sound.
Enter Bitterfrost Frontier
Use purple star.

in Living World

Posted by: Durganprime.9153

Durganprime.9153

This works for me.
Start another chapter.
Then again start ‘A crack in the ice’.
Change map to Frostgorge Sound.
Enter Bitterfrost Frontier
Use purple star.

You rock! I did just that and was able to use it again.

in Living World

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

I had the same problem, this is what I did…

- I made sure that I had not only fully completed A Crack in the Ice story but had also moved on to the next LS3 story (in fact, I also fully completed that before trying the Frozen Out achievements again).

- Then I abandoned my current story.

- Then I went back to Bitterfrost.

- Then I reactivated A Crack in the Ice.

- Then I entered the Frozen Out episode.

- Then I saw that the brazier was still not working. Gah!

- But I decided to just log out to the character select screen and log straight back in.

- When I re-entered the episode again, lo and behold, the brazier was WORKING! :-)

I managed the <5min achievement solo, but the avoid getting frozen one is still doing my head in. I tried it a couple of times, and have decided to give it a rest for a while. The extra times I tried, I discovered that the ‘brazier-not-working’ bug is intermittent but that simply logging out and logging back in (no other changes) would eventually get it working again.

So, tldr:
just keep re-logging… log out from the instance (that’s what I did), and eventually (like once in every 2-3 tries) I would log back in to discover the brazier was working.

~TG