Fun, Fun, Fun...

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

After four months of no new content, I’m really enjoying the FIVE HOURS I’ve spent so far downloading the new client.

Because I’m sure none of this could possibly have been pushed out anytime over those last four months.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Sieg.8439

Sieg.8439

Something may be wrong with your internet connection, I’m not sure why it would take 5 hours :c
I think mine took thirty minutes or so.

Hoopa doopa.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think it took me … five minutes? And that was because the connection errored out at the start. Maybe ten minutes, I was scanning forums and not counting the seconds. GW2 has always had the fastest loads of any game for me (I just got the huge TESO patch last night and that took an hour).

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

took me about 5 minutes. I’m not sure why it take so long for you.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Took me roughly 5-10 minutes also although I haven’t had any time to begin the new patch chapter. Keen as a bean~ Perhaps it is your connection or you’re reaching the download limit like I sometimes do at near the end of the month?

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Same. Mine took two or three minutes if that.

Gone to Reddit.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Took me 1minute :p

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

It’s a really small update. I suspect a lot did get pushed out previously. So yeah, there’s that. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

TIme to upgrade from Dial-up I guess…..

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I think there may be something wrong with your connection if it is taking you 5 hours to download, personally it took me 2 minutes to download and 5 minutes to ‘patch’. From the other replies it seems I’m not the only one, do you live in a region with a generally worse internet infrastructure?

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Take a look at your own connection before you start blaming and flaming.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

I checked your posts and you have been complaining about long downloading before. This is your second thread complaining about slow downloading and on your older thread you never ever responded. People were asking for your specs and internet speed yet you just completely ignored them and here on the next patch you complaing again. Sounds like you just want to blame and flame on something.

(edited by GscGunner.2419)

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Shalloe.4867

Shalloe.4867

I had to re-install not long ago and experienced troubles was getting speeds of 3mb/sec but then dropping down to 0kb/sec then spiking and dropping off again. Tried running the client as admin and got a decent constant download speed maybe you could try that.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Yell at your mom to get off the phone.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Arianhod.3485

Arianhod.3485

’nuff said, close this 3d, thanks.

It’s a-me, Aria!

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Stormy Dragon.9210

Yes, I have bad internet; I’m limited to 1 Mb/s DSL.

But even then, the downloads from ArenaNet are far slower then everything else on the internet, only getting about 30-40 Kb/s, so there’s something more going on than just the fact I have DSL.

And even beyond that, the reason I keep complaining is that Arenanet continues to release patches in a way that maximizes the level of inconvenience for people with poor connections. They could easily release in the early morning (so people could download while they’re at work) or late night (so they could download while they sleep), but no, Arenanet insists on doing it mid afternoon so they have to sit their and watch a progress bar during prime playing time.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: MrPersons.1560

MrPersons.1560

When will people realize that they cant make everyone happy at the time they release a patch? The time that is convenient for you may not be for others, and complaints will still arise.

And it must be something on your end, I get 1mb/s on average too, and mine was done within 10-15 min

Androcles Beartamer:Norn Warrior|Nadul the Mechanist: Charr Engineer|Espergem: Sylvari Elementalist
Sythern the Warlock: Human Necromancer| Lithia the Shadow: Human Theif
Lumata: Asura Mesmer|Arion of HonorHall: Human Guardian |Abigail the Tamer: Norn Hunter

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Stinkehund.3012

Stinkehund.3012

They could easily release in the early morning (so people could download while they’re at work) or late night (so they could download while they sleep), but no, Arenanet insists on doing it mid afternoon so they have to sit their and watch a progress bar during prime playing time.

Not everyone lives in the same timezone as you or has the same “prime playing time” as you and not everyone gets the patch at the same time as you.
Neither the world nor the game revolve around you. Deal with it.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Carighan.6758

Yes, how come you want to focus on your timezone specifically? The patch releases very well-timed for other people. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Arianhod.3485

Moreover, fine, it took 5 hours to d/l… but this is permanent content so is it really that big of a problem to start playing through it a day later?

It’s a-me, Aria!

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I used to play the game with a horrible connection; downloads even for the simplest of updates would take 1-4 hours. My advice is to just let it download and go outside or read a book for a while. I personally find no reason to complain about my own personal connection issues on the GW2 forums. If many people are experience server issues and/or possible havoc from another DDoS attack etc., that would be something worthwhile to bring up on the forums regarding connectivity. My opinion on the matter.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Ayahuaska.3567

Ayahuaska.3567

Mine finished downloading in about five minutes.. you cannot blame ArenaNet for a problem caused by your ISP. If you want things to download faster, get faster internet. It’s so simple.

I mean, sheesh.. you would think people would have a basic understanding of the technology they use on a daily basis.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: BlackGhostz.2483

BlackGhostz.2483

Yes, I have bad internet; I’m limited to 1 Mb/s DSL.

But even then, the downloads from ArenaNet are far slower then everything else on the internet, only getting about 30-40 Kb/s, so there’s something more going on than just the fact I have DSL.

And even beyond that, the reason I keep complaining is that Arenanet continues to release patches in a way that maximizes the level of inconvenience for people with poor connections. They could easily release in the early morning (so people could download while they’re at work) or late night (so they could download while they sleep), but no, Arenanet insists on doing it mid afternoon so they have to sit their and watch a progress bar during prime playing time.

Because your probably one of ten people still trying to play an MMO on DSL. You know I may understand if it were Runescape.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this thread is soo sad how much people jump on him cause he has bad internet – guess what? noone kitten care when you can download it in 5min it just make you looking like an idiot when you post in a thread like this “nadada but Im cool i have fast internet” – seriously

here in germany we have only good internet in big countrys

i have only LTE from Vodafone till next year october and so i have only download 38kb per month (only 15gb with 21mbit but this is used in a hour)

and yeah this patch policy from arenanet kittenes me off too – patches are very big and i cant skip them even when i dont wanna play helloween content or stuff like this and the worse is after a patch they patch everyday again something cause they failed testing this content before – sure with fast internet no problem but i have to sit hours on this

oh and 38kb is more than enough to play this game fine once it is donwloaded

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Arianhod.3485

1) the patch is not really very big as far as patches go (e.g. Swtor, aion have bigger patches, heck even shadow of mordor has bigger patches… last one was 1gb+)
2) patches not very frequent
3) you can’t compare fixes with patches
4) the points is: it’s not Anet’s fault.

what would you suggest they do? Upload a single file every day (even if that’s possible, which I don’t think it is)? So you would have to d/l stuff every day… and with a bad connection I don’t think that would be fun.

I don’t get the “must!play!nao!” mentality: there’s no monthly fee, so just download the * thing and play when you can.

It’s a-me, Aria!

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

You only get 1 mb/s……..
How do you even manage to play this game at all??? I have approximately 7-20 depending on Time Warner’s mood and still experience major lag from time to time.

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Well, it took me about 3 hours to download, but that’s because I live in the sticks and my broadband is practically a piece of string with a cup at each end (I’m lucky it’s not carrier pigeon lol)

It was worth every minute of delicious anticipation though

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Stormy Dragon.9210

You only get 1 mb/s……..
How do you even manage to play this game at all??? I have approximately 7-20 depending on Time Warner’s mood and still experience major lag from time to time.

Lag is more based on ping time than bandwidth. The game isn’t sending all that much data when it’s running.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Took me less then 3 minutes to download the patch if your on the east coast, call up your ISP and yell at them, they provide abysmal uploads and download speeds through most of the east coast ISP’s

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

So… you are blaming Anet because you don’t have a good connection…

Oooookay…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Carighan.6758

Yes, this usually has nothing to do with the game provider, but with the ISP (either yours or theirs or the carrier behind them) doing heavy traffic shaping.

Fun, Fun, Fun...

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

this thread is soo sad how much people jump on him cause he has bad internet – guess what? noone kitten care when you can download it in 5min it just make you looking like an idiot when you post in a thread like this “nadada but Im cool i have fast internet” – seriously

here in germany we have only good internet in big countrys

i have only LTE from Vodafone till next year october and so i have only download 38kb per month (only 15gb with 21mbit but this is used in a hour)

and yeah this patch policy from arenanet kittenes me off too – patches are very big and i cant skip them even when i dont wanna play helloween content or stuff like this and the worse is after a patch they patch everyday again something cause they failed testing this content before – sure with fast internet no problem but i have to sit hours on this

oh and 38kb is more than enough to play this game fine once it is donwloaded

I’m sorry that some people have bad internet, it sucks that it takes that long to download a patch, but you can’t possibly blame Anet for that. Their patches aren’t that big compared to other games, and what kind of solution would you even propose? To cut the patch in pieces and upload a tiny bit every day? surely that would be even more annoying. Time the patch to not fall during primetime? well that’s impossible, it’s always primetime somewhere, it’s not Anets fault, it’s the whole timezone situation.

tl;dr It sucks for patches to take hours to download, but it’s not Anet’s fault and complzining about it to them will yield absolutely no result, it’s not something they can fix for you.