Getting Tendoms instead of Fangs REALLY?

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

All this current RnG madness is causing is people to not even bother trying for the fangs and just make them wait for the Fang extractor in the next update.

At this point, I’ve all but resigned myself to it. Just doing the dailies again and maybe one breach. I bought a number of the newest extractors . . . and now I have one or two left.

And not one fang . . . all tendons and the like.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

All this current RnG madness is causing is people to not even bother trying for the fangs and just make them wait for the Fang extractor in the next update.

At this point, I’ve all but resigned myself to it. Just doing the dailies again and maybe one breach. I bought a number of the newest extractors . . . and now I have one or two left.

And not one fang . . . all tendons and the like.

Newest ones don’t work. Those are for tendons only as the item name suggests. You have to use the green ones.

in Living World

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hi
a lot of you are complaining about inconsistency with the cryptobotanist:

he appears randomly in 1 of approximately 6 (hint hint) locations. currently, at each location he wants either tendons or fangs for 25, and “anything else” (which is just fangs or tendons respectively this patch) for 15.

he always accepts hearts for 100 and toxin glands for 50, and always wants to take those off your hands before offering you anything for your green/masterwork mordrem parts.

i havent figured out his movement timing yet, because i try to hop maps often to get more breaches (cuz that, like sandstorm, is the most profitable time to be in a map… definitely a design issue).

if youre having trouble getting fangs, keep an eye on lfg for breaches as people will often post there “90% BREACH!!” this collection is easy to complete and can be done in several hours without previously having tons of crests. (please dont spam lfg with lf breach, please taxi in others if you happen to be on a close map). make sure you tag multiple sarlacc pits and always use your extractors. keep in mind amber is usually first to die, and red and blue shortly after, and purple rarely dies.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Living World

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

16 tries and nothing but Tendons. RNG is not this lopsided. I have good luck, FIrst three fangs from red purple and blue in first day. 5 days since then, 16 attempts, no fang from Gold.
I understand they like the RNG and they think there is nothing wrong with it, but sometimes the extreme outliers are so blatant, yet they do not seem to believe that there may be a problem.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

16 tries and nothing but Tendons. RNG is not this lopsided. I have good luck, FIrst three fangs from red purple and blue in first day. 5 days since then, 16 attempts, no fang from Gold.
I understand they like the RNG and they think there is nothing wrong with it, but sometimes the extreme outliers are so blatant, yet they do not seem to believe that there may be a problem.

Which extractor are you using?

in Living World

Sligh.2789

Not a tendon extractor.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Not a tendon extractor.

Have you tried silver? Is anyone else having issues getting fangs from the teragriffs?

The one person from the first page had the same issue and took 32 attempts. Perhaps the drop rate for those two bosses is incorrect?

I created a report in the bug forum. I’d send an email but I’d likely get the standard “we’ll forward this on” response and I’d prefer any response to be available for everyone to see.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Sligh.2789

Not a tendon extractor.

Have you tried silver? Is anyone else having issues getting fangs from the teragriffs?

The one person from the first page had the same issue and took 32 attempts. Perhaps the drop rate for those two bosses is incorrect?

I created a report in the bug forum. I’d send an email but I’d likely get the standard “we’ll forward this on” response and I’d prefer any response to be available for everyone to see.

I was trying to get the Fang from the Yellow under boss Troll. Attempt 18 was a success. If the next iteration keeps adding to the drop tables, I doubt it will interest me, as that will take months when we get to the last armor piece. I find having to repeat the instanced content to be counter to a living world, but that is for a different forum.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, the RNG is annoying. Some people will get lucky early, while others will just get Tendons over and over. (Or back in the first week, I got all the Tendons on my first go while some players kept on getting the Toxic Glands.)

I’m trying my luck anyway since the cost of an Experimental Extractor is less than the Crests it costs me to buy, but if this system is going to be maintained going forward as more body parts become available, then I’ll just wait and buy the guaranteed Extractors two weeks later. (I do think that the guaranteed versions should be available immediately, to be honest. It’s obviously a ploy to keep us playing longer, but it feels manipulative. :P)

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

This is a non-issue unless you WANT the items NAO! The new Extractor items (for 30 crests) give you the previous LS key item with 100% chance (so, basically, it’s not random) . We now have the tendons one available, I gather in the next 2 weeks we’ll have the fangs one too, and so on.

Are you sure another LS update will come in 2 weeks? Isn’t that when Wintersday stuff begins? In which case we will only get new LS in January…

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

On the plus side, I finally got two fangs in a row during the same Breach event. Gotta love RNG. Of course, that was after five or six tendon drops in a row. But, hey, it’s a start.

Two more to go.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

I don’t get why so many tendons drop with the extractor when there is a guaranteed tendon extractor. At least take the tendons out of the loot table for the experimental extractor.

They don’t need to worry about this zone being empty as people will have to grind for another two weeks to have enough crests to buy all the armour pieces.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I don’t get why so many tendons drop with the extractor when there is a guaranteed tendon extractor. At least take the tendons out of the loot table for the experimental extractor.

They don’t need to worry about this zone being empty as people will have to grind for another two weeks to have enough crests to buy all the armour pieces.

Yes, because it will be so much better, if the zone dies feew weeks later.[/sarcasm]

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

One fang to go! And, on an odd note, got something called a Mordrem Toxic Gland. Saving it just in case for the next release.

Edit: And now a heart.

Edit #2: And four tendons later, I finally got the last fang. Now to grind 200 or so more crests.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

in Living World

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Mordrem Toxic Gland. Saving it just in case for the next release.

Glands are the “rare drop” from the satchel and worth 50 crests. They exist since the beginning of the Echoes chapter. Turn them in right now.

I really would like to know if the loot table from green extraction item will be modified in terms of addling all items to the pool or if older items will be deleted?

e.g.
“Echoes” – collection item shoulders – tendon – gland
“Paths” – collection item shoulders – collection item gloves – tendon – gland

“chapter 7” – collection item legs – collection item boots – collection item shoulders – collection item gloves – tendon – gland

or

“chapter 7” – collection item legs – collection item boots – collection item gloves – tendon – gland

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

Not sure about that, since I got a Mordrem Heart (gold), as well. Still, I’ll keep ‘em just in case. Worst case scenario? I’ll lose 50 crests.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

well i guess i got lucky yesterday, got all the fangs i needed in 6 attempts.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

If the point was to keep us in the new zone longer, it definitely worked on me. But, finally, I got my last glove and completed the achievement. So I’m taking a break from the mindless repetition until the next update.

In my final two runs, I got another fang and tendon. Very random. But the zerg beat all the bosses twice, and I got two keys.

The maze chest loot was meh, but I’ll take it. Now back to just doing dailies again.

On a side note, I bought Guild Wars Factions to get the Hall of Momuments done over time. Must say it’s way better than Prophecies. The ritualist is amazing.

Really hope they add this class (Rylock) to Guild Wars 2. I’ll definitely play ritualist if they add it as a new class.

Definitely.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

1. “Ugh, theres nothing to do in this game!”
2. Anet sets a goal for players that would take a while to do
3. “OMG RNGnet, stop making things time consuming to obtain!! 1!”

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

This is a non-issue unless you WANT the items NAO! The new Extractor items (for 30 crests) give you the previous LS key item with 100% chance (so, basically, it’s not random) . We now have the tendons one available, I gather in the next 2 weeks we’ll have the fangs one too, and so on.

Are you sure another LS update will come in 2 weeks? Isn’t that when Wintersday stuff begins? In which case we will only get new LS in January…

There will be another LS Chapter together with the PvP update.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Living World

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

Not sure about that, since I got a Mordrem Heart (gold), as well. Still, I’ll keep ‘em just in case. Worst case scenario? I’ll lose 50 crests.

It would all be so much easier, if Anet would have been more precise with their wording
e.g.
“I have this Mordrem troll spleen.” but you turn in a “Mordrem Troll tendon”
This makes no sense

Better would haven been:
all things with a “toxic” prefix are bonus items, so not only call it a “toxic gland” (rare for 50 crests) but also “toxic heart” (exotic for100 crests).

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Living World

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

It took me no more then 5 hours in SilverWastes to get my luminescent gloves. Simply did the content. Got 2 armor chests from the Labyrinth runs so I’m saving my badges for the next armor piece. In case people didn’t know, you get a key for beating 5/5 bosses during the breach. All together I opened less then 10 chests. And I had a blast doing the events.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

It took me no more then 5 hours in SilverWastes to get my luminescent gloves. Simply did the content. Got 2 armor chests from the Labyrinth runs so I’m saving my badges for the next armor piece. In case people didn’t know, you get a key for beating 5/5 bosses during the breach. All together I opened less then 10 chests. And I had a blast doing the events.

That’s RNG though and for all we know, it’s nowhere near the average.

in Living World

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

ok, just to add my info;

5-7 tries at Yellow/amber/troll, zero fangs, experimental extractor.

jumped around servers a bit doing Blue and red and got the fangs for each in only a further 3-4 attempts.

Back to amber/yellow /troll and got a fang on 4th retry so a total of 9-11 tries on amber for the first troll fang.

As a side note, 5-6 more breeches have yielded a fang from blue and one more from amber/troll, the RNG is a little odd.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in Living World

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

1 more fang to go after 5 tries. i think its ok

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

After finally getting all my Fangs, this is my success ratio:

- Copper Husk took 6 attempts before I finally got a Fang. (Rest were all Tendons)
- Iron Troll dropped his Fang on the first go.
- Platinum Thrasher dropped his Fang on the third go.
- I got the Silver/Gold Fang from the 3 bags given for the Teragriff achievement in “Tangled Paths”. 1 was a Fang, the other 2 were Tendons.

Given that Toxin Glands and Hearts can still drop from the remains, I think the % breakdown is probably as follows:

Tendon – 50%
Fang – 40%
Toxin – 9%
Heart – 1%

in Living World

Astralporing.1957

1. “Ugh, theres nothing to do in this game!”
2. Anet sets a goal for players that would take a while to do
3. “OMG RNGnet, stop making things time consuming to obtain!! 1!”

1. ‘Ugh, it’s cold"
2. Someone sets you on fire.
3. “OMFG, Why would you even think this is a solution?”

Some “solutions” can be as bad as the problems they aim to combat, you know.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Living World

Posted by: SimBilly.8047

SimBilly.8047

With this update you can by Caithe’s Blossom for crests…

Oh wow, I had not even noticed that. That’s good to know

in Living World

Astralporing.1957

With this update you can by Caithe’s Blossom for crests…

Oh wow, I had not even noticed that. That’s good to know

Because you can’t. It shows on vendor only after you have unlocked it through achievements.

Actions, not words.

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

- I got the Silver/Gold Fang from the 3 bags given for the Teragriff achievement in “Tangled Paths”.

I’m going to save this achievement until all parts are in the drop table in hopes of minimizing the number of times I have to kill those things. I haven’t done much in silverwastes tbh, but I only saw them die once (I got the tendon), and have seen 0 successful breaches with all bosses killed. I’m not crazy about the new zone, maybe it will be like Dry Top which I really only liked once it was a complete zone with all events available, and not just part of one with a handful of events like we (presumably) have now. Without the full design it isn’t that compelling.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

REALLY?
Same problem?

What’s the problem, I needed these organs so I was very happy to find these it finished my achievement

in Living World

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

you could always wait until next update and get the expiremental extractor (it will probably still have fangs in the loot table). then you could aim for the new part(s) and maybe get the fangs you need as well.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

in Living World

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

Took me 12 or 13 tried to get the fangs.
OTOH, I got once a heart. Got 100 crests for it.