Golden Badges achievement guide

in Living World

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, here is my interactive guide to the 30 Golden Badges achievement added with this release. I have to say this round of scavenger hunt/jumping puzzle combo is some of the hardest content I have seen so far from a personal point of view. While most of it is fairly simple, about 5-6 are tough to acquire or spot with 2 of them being especially tough from a jumping perspective.

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/04/gw2-go-for-the-gold-golden-badges-achievement-guide/

• The golden badges are numbered with the least amount of backtracking possible. The exception is #30 as I wanted to save one of two hardest badges for last.
  • Badges are rated in terms of difficulty, this should give you a headsup on how much time might be required to acquire each badge.
  • Map is fully interactive, clicking on an icon will lead you to a blurb about the badge with some pictures and a timestamped video for that badge.

Thanks for everyone that helped with the badges. It was an exhausting search and my constantly fail of jumps didn’t help either.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I was wondering how long it would take you to do your guide considering a couple were a pain. Congrats!

For everyone else, I suggest getting the following:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Rifle

It helps a lot with the plank jumping.

in Living World

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

I was wondering how long it would take you to do your guide considering a couple were a pain. Congrats!

For everyone else, I suggest getting the following:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Rifle

It helps a lot with the plank jumping.

Oh ya we spent all night on it. In the end everyone was so exhausted they all passed out lol

in Living World

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

thank you dulfy. good guide. don’t know how new players would survive this game without thorough guide like yours.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Living World

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I lost count of the numbers of times I fell from that f*&(?)ing rope (#30). After having done it, at last, my advice is take your mesmer and use portal to safe guard your progress once on the other side of that infernal rope.

That or do the seagull dance waiting for falling fries (portal) beneath the badge when a mesmer is at the end…

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

in Living World

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Thank you for the guide. Great work! Now I can start looking for the last 3 I’m missing. But before that, I have to claim #18.

Last I tried it was late at night and I wasn’t able to do that last jump – my nerves left me after the 2 “ropes of death” (#7 and #30). The fact that my milestones didn’t reset and therefore the skritt ported me to the end of the JP instead of the milestone before that badge didn’t really help to keep me calm either (I raged a “little”) xD

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Thanks as always Dulfy. The guide saved me from insanity.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

thank you dulfy. good guide. don’t know how new players would survive this game without thorough guide like yours.

It actually makes them more lazy. I would never recommend someone who is new to the game to use a guide.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Living World

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

It actually makes them more lazy. I would never recommend someone who is new to the game to use a guide.

I’m not a new player but his guides is what keeps me in this game. I would never complete most of the achievements without Dulfy, and achievements are my reason to play.
Thanks for the awesome job and thanks to all people helping you.

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

I’m not a new player but his guides is what keeps me in this game. I would never complete most of the achievements without Dulfy, and achievements are my reason to play.

Exactly. Without Dulfy’s guides, there would be a lot more frustrated players. And maybe a lot less players period.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

Hey everyone, here is my interactive guide to the 30 Golden Badges achievement added with this release. I have to say this round of scavenger hunt/jumping puzzle combo is some of the hardest content I have seen so far from a personal point of view. While most of it is fairly simple, about 5-6 are tough to acquire or spot with 2 of them being especially tough from a jumping perspective.

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/04/gw2-go-for-the-gold-golden-badges-achievement-guide/

• The golden badges are numbered with the least amount of backtracking possible. The exception is #30 as I wanted to save one of two hardest badges for last.
  • Badges are rated in terms of difficulty, this should give you a headsup on how much time might be required to acquire each badge.
  • Map is fully interactive, clicking on an icon will lead you to a blurb about the badge with some pictures and a timestamped video for that badge.

Thanks for everyone that helped with the badges. It was an exhausting search and my constantly fail of jumps didn’t help either.

ur the bomb duffeeh, lub u <3

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Exactly. Without Dulfy’s guides, there would be a lot more frustrated players. And maybe a lot less players period.

I don’t think any guide is going to save players from frustration on these. They were useful to find the last 3 that I missed, but all the kittenes are hidden in plain sight. The two hardest are so close to ground level that the path you have to take to reach them seems completely ludicrous… because Josh Foreman is an evil, evil man. (And brilliant.)

[Edit: Hard badges has nothing to do with cracking a fat but the filter did, by pure luck, find an appropriate place to put that.]

in Living World

Ardenwolfe.8590

True, but a little less frustration trying to find them. Loving how mesmers are selling ports to badge 7 and 30 in the LFG channel.

That should tell ANet something.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

True, but a little less frustration trying to find them. Loving how mesmers are selling ports to badge 7 and 30 in the LFG channel.

That should tell ANet something.

It tells me that too many are lazy and looking for the easy way out. BTW, many mesmer offer portals for free. I do.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I got ports to 7, 18 and 30. Those 3 are the absolute worst. >.< There’s plenty of Mesmers doing it for free though (but make sure you at least express your great appreciation!)

in Living World

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

Tnx Dulfy for the guidance that we folllowed as well in the end.

I must say it…Probably the most HORRIBLE achi chain ever of its kind…
Gosh, the 18# was the worst imo, those 5-6 death jumps on ledges with no way to recover if failing, were a total pain in the kitten.
We ended up spending something like 6 hours in there (we did first the jp thinking maybe not all the coins were locate till the very end… -.- ).Then, surprise….
And.. the most rewarding thing I got been an huge headache -.-

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

in Living World

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

The last badge is truly impossible, the width of the rope is wrong on so many levels, they should change it, not making it wider or anything, just show it’s true colors, right now the width is wrong.

And also… Does anyone have any portal to this cursed-kitten-terrible-mind numbind annoying-hateful-ragequitting-badge? When you finally make it over the rope smaller than a piece of paper, you make one wrong move and you have to redo it.

I know this will never happen for me, ever. I made everyone else, but this one is something else. Could use some tips/hints just general help if not a portal, this is truly driving me slowly insain xD

This is me right here, this IS ME after failing to jump on the ledge after i make it on the cursed rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JncgoPKklVE

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The last badge is truly impossible, the width of the rope is wrong on so many levels, they should change it, not making it wider or anything, just show it’s true colors, right now the width is wrong.

And also… Does anyone have any portal to this cursed-kitten-terrible-mind numbind annoying-hateful-ragequitting-badge? When you finally make it over the rope smaller than a piece of paper, you make one wrong move and you have to redo it.

I know this will never happen for me, ever. I made everyone else, but this one is something else. Could use some tips/hints just general help if not a portal, this is truly driving me slowly insain xD

This is me right here, this IS ME after failing to jump on the ledge after i make it on the cursed rope
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JncgoPKklVE

You can get it with leaps or the experimental rifle bypassing having to use the ropes.

in Living World

Posted by: Hydra Namooth.5301

Hydra Namooth.5301

For the life of me…I’m stuck, sigh. The new AP menu is nice and all as it labels all tokens exactly #1, #2, and so on. I seem to be missing #17??? And for the life of me I cant find it and haven’t found anyone with an updated hunt guide via the new numerical order. Ive watched loads of videos with “their” #17 and all of them were different and none of them the one I need. I’m gonna cry…it’s literally the only one I need for this darn Mastery Point.

HELP

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

For the life of me…I’m stuck, sigh. The new AP menu is nice and all as it labels all tokens exactly #1, #2, and so on. I seem to be missing #17??? And for the life of me I cant find it and haven’t found anyone with an updated hunt guide via the new numerical order. Ive watched loads of videos with “their” #17 and all of them were different and none of them the one I need. I’m gonna cry…it’s literally the only one I need for this darn Mastery Point.

HELP

Look in https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Updated-DT-Coin-SW-Badge-Locations#content for a chart showing the comparison of Dulfy’s numbers to the in-game numbers.

Looks like you need Dulfy’s 13.

in Living World

Posted by: Hydra Namooth.5301

Hydra Namooth.5301

thank you kindly! I’ll try that one

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I spent a whole day doing that puzzle and getting all 29 remaining badges and completing it 100% with all chests opened. By 29, I mean, the hardest #30 I was ported to when it was fairly new a year ago.

#5, #7 and #13 were the next hardest.

Here’s a tip: bring a lot of teleportation guns and experimental rifles, and do it as a Dragon Hunter, the F2 skill is invaluable. A mesmer friend or two helps as well.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.