How will any future villain counter Scarlet?

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Well Elona has a villain who is far superior to Scarlet – Palawa Joko.
But as for Villains in Tyria, I don’t think they have to top Scarlet. Something can still pose a threat and not be quite as dangerous as her – a threat is still a threat. It’s not like we’ll go – oh well Scarlet was harder to beat than them so lets just not bother.

Isn’t that the explanation for why almost all of Tyria ignored Scarlet for a year until she destroyed Lion’s Arch? People defended the story by saying she’s not an Elder Dragon, the Orders, the different races, the Pact, Destiny’s Edge – they all have more important things to do than deal with Scarlet. It was a very small cast of characters (that became most obvious during Marionette) that bothered to pay attention to Scarlet. The Orders and other forces in Tyria had a token presence, but for the most part people were ignoring her.

I agree Palawa Joko is a superior villain to Scarlet, but in terms of effectiveness (I don’t believe Scarlet’s list of accomplishments are believable in the scope of Tyria, they relied on convenience and stupidity) Scarlet has everyone beat. It’s a real problem that exists in Tyria now.

We have to move forward knowing that Scarlet did what a primordial force tried and failed to do and we have not one alliance, but three with superior technology that outclasses what came before it.

in Living World

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

But as for Villains in Tyria, I don’t think they have to top Scarlet. Something can still pose a threat and not be quite as dangerous as her – a threat is still a threat. It’s not like we’ll go – oh well Scarlet was harder to beat than them so lets just not bother.

Isn’t that the explanation for why almost all of Tyria ignored Scarlet for a year until she destroyed Lion’s Arch? People defended the story by saying she’s not an Elder Dragon, the Orders, the different races, the Pact, Destiny’s Edge – they all have more important things to do than deal with Scarlet. It was a very small cast of characters (that became most obvious during Marionette) that bothered to pay attention to Scarlet. The Orders and other forces in Tyria had a token presence, but for the most part people were ignoring her.

I agree Palawa Joko is a superior villain to Scarlet, but in terms of effectiveness (I don’t believe Scarlet’s list of accomplishments are believable in the scope of Tyria, they relied on convenience and stupidity) Scarlet has everyone beat. It’s a real problem that exists in Tyria now.

We have to move forward knowing that Scarlet did what a primordial force tried and failed to do and we have not one alliance, but three with superior technology that outclasses what came before it.

Do you have this list handy? I am curious to see how she stacks up against other GW villains.

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

The RNG becomes self aware?

I’d buy gems to see that. xD

Why do you want a precursor, Dave?

Jenna… who is an elder Dragon… because of Abbadon… and of course Scarlett planned this all along…

OMG! This totally explains why she’s always barefoot!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Posted by: Xarius.6120

Xarius.6120

Mursaat, Dhuum, Menzies, titans, margonites, and others can make hard time in Tyria

in Living World

Posted by: Yaos.4528

Yaos.4528

The next villain is Bane.

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

She forged a large alliance, but who is to say that alliance is the most powerful force of evil that could be raised or that this is the most diabolical plan that could be hatched?

It’s not that the Alliances might be powerful, but SHE MANAGED to bring enemies together to form an Alliance. Enemies that would be hard to bring together.

Yes. And to make it even weirder, she then proceeded to bring the alliances together as well. Suddenly, you have krait fighting side by side with the dredge and no explanation for it whatsoever.

Oh, and then there’s the fact that she’s been throwing away her troops against us for months and still she has enough left to takeover Lion’s Arch. Even without the ‘players need numbers’ explanation it doesn’t make sense. I mean, the ones that joined her were splintr groups. How many dredge are there in the world if even a small fraction of them is enough to take over Lion’s Arch after months of suffering losses?!

Krait is indeed the most lore breaking part of this whole story. I don’t think Anet or anyone can fix this breach. Its probably better to forget about this part of the story.

As for LA, it was the poison gas that’s prevent the Pact from entering the city. I doubt Scarlet’s forces can take on the Pact head on.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Oh yes. The idiot ball is strong with the Pact and allies. This whole story can be sum up by:

Our allies are unbelievably stupid, our enemies are unbelievably strong and high tech, and Scarlet is unbelievably charismatic.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Living World

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

An angry Quaggan that has had enough. His kind have been kicked around for too long so he and his army of P-ed off Quaggans begin killing Krait and Inquest Asura. Soon, people will be all, “You guys are going too far. Let’s just drive them off from your waters.”

Then he, or she, will be all, “Quaggans’ will have our revenge and anyone who gets in Quaggans’ way will die.” There would be a ton of adorable enemies to fight, like Quaggans riding on subjugated Krait, sharks and a water chariot pulled by jelly fish.

But I guess a lot of the battles would take place underwater…

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

(edited by insaneshadow.1654)

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Oh yes. The idiot ball is strong with the Pact and allies. This whole story can be sum up by:

Our allies are unbelievably stupid, our enemies are unbelievably strong and high tech, and Scarlet is unbelievably charismatic.

And the quaggans are unbelievably cute.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.