I No Longer Care - Do You?

in Living World

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Because I want Arena Net make something more qualitative?
I’m pretty sure majority both here on forums and in game really don’t consider living story great.

in Living World

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

We care about the game itself, but we don’t care about the state of the game in regards to LW, achievement points, dailies, and other skinner box tricks that they are utilizing to get people to log back in and check the gem shop.

We actually want real content (think expansion), not a progress bar, kill counters, or F key hunts.

in Living World

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

And I am surprised that some people still seems to prefer getting content once every six months that can be completed in less than a month instead of content every two weeks.

… that will be completed within 24-72 hours and then be deserted is what you forgot to conclude that sentence with. Search L in M, Complete O Events in P, Slay R of S in T, Combine U with V and W to open X. Wait maybe that last thing was a bit to complicated replace one factor with x^x.

Now copy and paste, apply a new shell, a little borderline story with flaws that everyone will just ignore and the AP-Farmers are happy and can log off.

Maybe at some break-even point those also replace game G with game H.

No seriously I dont want content every 6 months that has been thought trought and makes fun. I mean the game was probably developed within 2 weeks as well, right? And books get written within a few days as well and the rest is just publishment …

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

(edited by imaginary.6241)

in Living World

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I really don’t care about the LS updates—at all. I am personally hoping that Anet will get religion out of the feedback (which is pointed and consistently themed) they are getting in the LW thread. If they begin evolving the LW instead of giving us TV episodes that leave the world unchanged, then I will care. I will look forward to updates with anticipation instead of dreading the burnout I feel at the temporary content and achievements.

in Living World

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

YES. That is all.

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Living World

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

I’m pretty sure majority both here on forums and in game really don’t consider living story great.

If you want something done about the content organize a boycott of the game that will make them see were tired of all there kitten but no people just keep hoping and praying that the forum feedback will be acknowledge i think the only dev i see actually take feed back from the forum and implement it is ms perry and her work with the syvari players.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I no longer care about Scarlet’s alliances and plans, assuming she has one.
I still care about the Living Story in the sense that I don’t want to pay for expansions.

I would love to pay for an expansion. Expansions have a massive influx of content instead of a small trickle. You work through their stories at your own pace instead of being forced to return every two weeks or miss out. They sell the expansion so there is no need to leech all the rewards from the content in order to monetise it. You do the Molten Facility? Here is a vendor you can use tokens to buy the dungeon’s weapon and armour set. You don’t permanently miss out on the Sclerite Karka Shell or the Fervid Censer, they are built into the expansion and can be obtained any time you like. Overall the content is more rewarding and would involve less RNG boxes because they sold the expansion instead of breaking it up into micro updates and scavenging it for micro transactions.

I don’t really care about Scarlet any more. That ship has sailed. I’m still interested in the Living Story. Once they move on from Scarlet it will be nice to see what kinds of stories they can tell. I’m sure they learned a lot from this first year, they have been making a lot of improvements already. The best is a ahead of us.

Having said that, I still prefer expansions over micro updates. I like to earn my rewards in the game, not buy them from a cash shop or gamble for them from Pachinko boxes.

in Living World

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

What they really need to do is stop setting it up and give us some major conclusion, or a part of it. Till now they’ve been making alliances, trying to tie them together, setting up for more and more lore. But we get no conclusion at all. Just getting more alliances thrown in the mix. It’s like watching a show that is constantly talking about a big thing going down, but every episode just adds more and more unknown.

in Living World

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I no longer care about the Living Story updates, I really don’t.
I don’t care if I don’t get all achievements or minis.

Honestly, I’d rather wait 1-2 months and get no new content for 3-5 New Crystal Desert maps with new Dungeons and WELL WRITTEN story.

Agreed with this. These updates every 2 weeks hold a few hours worth of achievement zerging, acquiring whatever useless armor skin / back piece / mini pet that they award us for 12-14 achievements worth of zerging, and a laughable at best story.

I’d much rather wait 2-3 months for something substantial like opening up some closed doors, making new zones, expanding Tyria & adding other continents, adding new races, and story lines. I would say new armors and weapons but I’ve honestly had enough with the “New weapon & armor skins added!” via RNG boxes or Gem store purchases.

Don’t expect things like that to happen. Arenanet doesn’t know how to handle a game with so much potential. I’m actually amazed how they screwed it up compared to GW1.

They have it so easy. They could have literally remade GW1 with the new gameplay mechanics and graphics and people would have been happy but they decided to try to reinvent the wheel and it’s coming along more like a block of wood.

So much wasted and lost potential with lore, location, and more. It really is sad to see that this game could have been so much more and there’s still time to change it (It’s only been out 14 months) but I doubt they will. They legitimately think they’re doing what is correct by MMO standards and what their fans want.

They say that they read the forums and listen to feedback but how could that be true if they keep doing things that go against what almost every player wants?

in Living World

Posted by: Proeliator.4158

Proeliator.4158

I don`t play,I don`t care anymore…guild wars 2 is ruined!!!

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I don`t play,I don`t care anymore…guild wars 2 is ruined!!!

And yet here you still are.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Mr Mango.3504

Mr Mango.3504

I still care, but I barely finish each meta/monthly.

I’m Mango. Fight on!

in Living World

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

I care about the main game, not so much the LS stuff. I mostly just do it for Achievement Points now.

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Like the game, like the way balance and collaboration is going now. Shows promise.

Dislike the story, and can’t wiat until Scarlet’s a thing of the past. Still find it funny that Mad King Thorn and his son are better developed lorewise in a single patch than Scarlet over the course of a year.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Like the game, like the way balance and collaboration is going now. Shows promise.

Dislike the story, and can’t wiat until Scarlet’s a thing of the past. Still find it funny that Mad King Thorn and his son are better developed lorewise in a single patch than Scarlet over the course of a year.

Even if it was just barely. A paragraph of dialog and that was it.

in Living World

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I have to agree a story event in Guildwars 2 means NOTHING. everything does back to its perfect self after the events of the last 2 weeks like it never happened only to be lost in our memories. There is no story advancement at all. Its pretty much “oh good job you stopped a mild threat. Here some useless achievement points.”
“Now we can contuine to stand here while the major plot of this game continues to be EXACTLY where it was the day this game got released.

I always hate bring other MMO’s into this but at least when WoW did major patches it left its mark on our hearts and on the world (some more then others) But all guildwars offers us is something to hold our attention for a few extra hours and give us a cheap prize at the end.

If I had to compare Guildwars to anything it would be a game of side quests.

#ELEtism

in Living World

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I no longer care about the Living Story updates, I really don’t.
I don’t care if I don’t get all achievements or minis.

Honestly, I’d rather wait 1-2 months and get no new content for 3-5 New Crystal Desert maps with new Dungeons and WELL WRITTEN story.

You are looking at closer to 1 or 2 years for something like that, but even then…yes I would be willing to wait that long.

in Living World

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

So Arenanet hear’d the Hate. Let’s see the Changes then.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Living World

Posted by: Thomas Kaira.7863

Thomas Kaira.7863

It’s like watching a show that is constantly talking about a big thing going down, but every episode just adds more and more unknown.

Anet are channeling J.J. Abrams now. :P

(I tried watching Lost, but gave up halfway into season 2 for the same reason I stopped playing GW2: all additions, no conclusions).

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

MKT has had 8 years to develop, not just one. I have no idea how you conveniently forgot that MKT has existed for so long. I guess the facts didn’t fit your worldview so you left them out as anomalies. I would hope he’s more developed than Scarlet.

in Living World

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I still care about the actual content but I try to on purposely avoid the plot. I get a genuine sense of nausea whenever I see Scarlet or hear her voice.

in Living World

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I logged in once these past 6 weeks or so. Thinking about this game is too depressing and there are others that at least deliver on what they advertise. It’s hard to care about a game that continues to disappoint over a year later.

A friend of mine is thinking of trying this game for the pvp, so I am planning on leveling one of my lowbies to keep him company. I’m hoping this will revitalize my interest a bit, if nothing else then to see what other professions are like at top level. Other than that I think I’ve only checked the website a few times to see what new content has been released. I’m still waiting for GW1 relevant material to show up, but so far it looks like even more Scarlet nonsense. Maybe a few years down the line we will get a real expansion pack.

Maybe I should just stay away from the Living Story content and play the base content instead. At least it’s somewhat relevant to the original game.

(edited by Zhaneel.9208)

in Living World

Posted by: cdimgcc.1638

cdimgcc.1638

I never cared about the living story in the first place. I was a bit bummed by that southsun part. The settler gear seemed like it could do something cool for my engi, but nobody ever goes there anymore, so it’s impossible to get. This timed content is really bad. Why would you spend money just for content that’s there for one month or so. Do they really think people will panic because there is a time limit and buy gems or something? The living story idea isn’t bad, but the implementation is.

in Living World

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

So Arenanet hear’d the Hate. Let’s see the Changes then.

Meh, the last explanation we got seemed to indicate they haven’t heard the hate at all since it was basically “We’ve heard your feedback and don’t worry there will be lots more Scarlet!”

in Living World

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

The last time I logged in and actually played any content was the Queen Jennah anniversary content and that was after a few months of being fairly inactive. Since then I’ve really lost interest. The short-term updates aren’t doing it for me. Sure, it’s generous that they update so often without a sub, but filling out the achievement log for the sake of it, and having the occasional short cutscene that will disappear in 2 weeks doesn’t compel me to log in.

What would attract me back to play for a few months or so? A full expansion, with new areas and a substantial, cohesive storyline to go with it. Maybe that’s a tall order, but I would gladly pay for an expansion pack.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

here is how the forum interest for the living story is going

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I am like a Charr to LS. I arrive,sniff the air,then move on out of lack of interest.

It just doesn’t grab me like a more solid deeper expansion would.

I said to someone, LS is like picking up a magazine in a waiting room.You skim through it then throw it back on the pile with the others.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in Living World

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I don’t care for it either but I still partake in it.

It gives nice AP lol
I also like it because it usually gives new minis that I like

Also the story WAS interesting until that boring tree girl popped up and ruined lore. She’s way to bland and predictable that Anet needs to press the "DEL"key on her data.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

MKT has had 8 years to develop, not just one. I have no idea how you conveniently forgot that MKT has existed for so long. I guess the facts didn’t fit your worldview so you left them out as anomalies. I would hope he’s more developed than Scarlet.

Scarlet has had as much releases as MKT only during a single year instead of over the course of 8 years. However, I’m specifically referring to the Halloweens in Guild Wars 2. Last year, we learned that MKT wasn’t the goofy happy guy that we assumed him to be. This year, we learned more about his past and his son. There’s a huge amount of lore in there, especially for Guild Wars 2 standards (which is very lean on lore).

In 2 patches, that are one year apart, there is more development on MKT than Scarlet has in the entire Living Story. There’s nothing added to her lore since the short story. With each ‘Scarlet patch’, so little happens that it might as wel be non-existant.

In fact, I think that this year’s Halloween patch had more dialogue in it than any of the Scarlet related LS releases. The discussion between the Mad King and his son probably have more dialogue than Scarlet has since she was created!

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Living World

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I dont care for living story either. The collab discussion thread is nice for us to place our ideas but theres little attention from devs.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Living World

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I care.

I always look forward to the new living story update. I can’t wait for the patch during patch days.
As for doing the content… I am really selective what I want to do in game. I spend time wondering if I start this achievement can I complete it? It can take me couple of days to start since I have to figure out what I have to do…
I have skipped several LS updates on purpose. So I plan things out, and work for the ones that I want to complete. I love the daily achievements that count for them.

Anyway, I find it interesting. The stories are ok, rewards from achievements keep me running. I’m not sure what I would be doing without LS updates, it’s been going on for so long that it is in my normal routine. When I’m skipping an LS update, I seem to be gathering to sell, to buy gems, to buy some shiny from the TP…

let the sky fall

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

here is how the forum interest for the living story is going

That’s probably a really good rough measure of interest.

I’ve noticed that threads are staying longer and longer on the front page in the living world sections

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

…and WELL WRITTEN story.

good luck hoping for that, I wouldn’t hold your breath.

in Living World

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

yea i stopped caring too… i don’t thing we will ever see maguma jungle, ring of fire or crystal desert maps…

Are you Shpongled?

in Living World

Posted by: eds.2081

eds.2081

Everything in the game is awesome… The combat system, the lore, the races, basically everything except the living story… When A-net told we’d get new content every two weeks I was thrilled, so excited, though… Rather disappointed in the end… new content once a month is ENOUGH! If it’s cool new content ofcourse. IMO temporary dungeons aren’t that bad, but please make the lore around it more believable… Why do the krait NEED a kitten like Scarlet to thrive? Makes no sense… What’s wrong with some superkrait witch that tries to lead her race to victory? Scarlet HAS to go… Can’t we make a petition on avaaz.org or something, gather signatures and show A-net that the majority of the players would rather see her leave?

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

A lot of wasted potential. I really don’t understand the designers’ decision to waste personnel and ressources by giving us such shallow updates every two weeks. Open the Crystal Desert/other areas, give us a new race, a new profession, a new dragon with a real story similar to Guild Wars 1. We want real updates, no mumbo jumbo festivity gem-store driven achievement grinding zerg fests.

I know that anet plans this, but why waste time, resources etc. on shallow and boring zerg events? I don’t play that often anymore. 2-3 hours a week. Better to stay offline and wait until they release some real content.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Living World

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Last living story I enjoyed was aetherblade. Because that was essentually a new dungeon. Since then its been pretty dissapointing. I still do the achieves because it takes like 2 days and im a bit of a completionist. But id much rather they slow down the LS and produce higher quality permanent content.

in Living World

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

I sorta care… Sorta. Maybe. Barely.

It’s basically been: excitement at the new stuff —> some of this stuff isn’t that fun but there seems to be some cool items and the story’s still sort of interesting —> getting the cool items is now a grind and the story’s not fulfilling —> getting tired of the temporary, time-limited content; when’s some permanent stuff coming out besides nodes? —> grinding for items and AP is now as desirable as having all my teeth pulled with pliers and no painkillers.

Initially, I was excited. DYNAMIC WORLD! — LIVING STORY! — Viva La Environmental Evolution! I thought, “Yeah! This is like that War in Kryta stuff in Guild Wars!” which, for those who haven’t played it, was introduced as permanent content into the original game where you’d go back through the old familiar places but new stuff was happening and you could play it at your leisure, even repeat some of the quests if you wanted, or repeat the whole thing on another character (the only drawback in my opinion). So, War in Kryta was the first Living Story and it was very cool. The NPC’s had an evolving story and it unfolded every few months with stuff to collect, challenging missions, and no “only available for 2-4 weeks so hurry now!” infomercial nonsense.

I want to care. I want to still love GW2. I want to be drawn back in for reasons other than “If you don’t log in and do this stuff you’ll never see this content again!” Even now that’s lost its allure to me. It’s temporary and you get a “T-shirt” to show for grinding some LS-AP that nobody who buys the game next year will understand or care about.

in Living World

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

LOl, story what story? these “stories” offends my intelligence.

in Living World

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

Hence why they changed it to “Living World”.

The molten alliance/southsun plot was decent, after that…

in Living World

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

so you do care……you just don’t happen to like the LS updates, anymore.
had you simply worded your title to correctly describe your sentiment, this thread may have been more constructive and less of a whine-fest.

as to what would improve the LS for me:
instanced permanent content…..that doesn’t over-write existing content. Love what the New Teq brings to the game (something that requires mass coordinated effort), but it should have been introduced as a completely new threat.
Love the new TA path….but why did it have to replace an existing path?

Also, some of the content that has gone away could have been permanent as it didn’t really have to be tied to the LS.

Queen Gambit’s Colosseum, would have been a nice permanent addition for solo play.

Adding the Aether Retreat dungeon and Molten facility to fractals is a nice start (good content whose story arc has passed, and thus would no longer make sense in open world)….but why not design this “temporary featured content” so that it could be added to fractals as soon as the event is over?

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

in Living World

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

If so many people dont care why are you all still posting on the forums

ATTENTION

Listen

To

Me

in Living World

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Because feedback and constructive criticism is good, well, at least better than just praise.

I dunno, I’ve lost interest on the game as of this point. All content seems to follow the same formula nowadays: AP grind, huge zerg and stupid Scarlet storyline. I’m just so sad since GW2 had such promise and I wanted to like it so bad, but for me, Living story has killed all the momentum the game had.

in Living World

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Because feedback and constructive criticism is good, well, at least better than just praise.

I dunno, I’ve lost interest on the game as of this point. All content seems to follow the same formula nowadays: AP grind, huge zerg and stupid Scarlet storyline. I’m just so sad since GW2 had such promise and I wanted to like it so bad, but for me, Living story has killed all the momentum the game had.

I cant agree more man. What is point of content what isnt fun at all?

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

(edited by Rozbuska.5263)

in Living World

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

It has become a “oh well they might wrap it up next update” mentality for me.

You play through the living world update in the first evening and realize you got nowhere with the story, then wait another week for a teaser for the next update and speculate whats to come, then another week ahead you find yourself doing the exact thing once again.

FSP

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Anet has made the living story in to an achievement hunt, players zerg trough the game and casual players are left with nothing more the a game that turns more and more in a elitism realm where every single objection to improve the game is met with non-sensible flames and bashes because it stops their farming and zerging.
they say allot of bad things about F2P games, make fun of them and even use sub games as defense, yet GW2 is among the worst of the bunch when thinking about having a good time.
worst of all, F2P and freemium games don’t have zergs that ruin it for others, it doesn’t have a story exclusive for one type of player nor is it selfish to the rest.

i have more fun for 15 minutes when playing SW:ToR then playing GW2 for 3 hours, it’s not because of how GW2 is or what SW:ToR has, it’s how the community is and how the devs keep the players happy.
i know SW:ToR has plenty of grinding but one thing is certain, the community help each other, keep the fun in the game and even makes the RP part so alive it gives me goosebumps.
the devs add stuff to make the game more and more fun, changes stuff to keep ppl busy and even add entire parts of the game.

GW2 for now is nothing more then “let’s add another 15 achievements to hunt” with plenty of players thinking “lets zerg and farm them within one day”, that’s not adding content that’s adding useless junk without fixing the problem so many zerg players fail to realize.

in Living World

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

The previous LS content took me less 2hours to finish including the achievements
The latest LS content took me around 2 hours to finish. Who knew you could actualy finish everything by climbing the tower once? Am I satisfied? No afcours not, as a dedicated player LS content is emberassing its like you order a burger and you are promissed a full burger but its only 1 bite and im still hungry. We were promissed that LS would deliver as much content as a expansion would so far the content put out are taken out and the time pressure sinks the quality of the content by alot. Anet gonna have to step it up or they gonna loose players to EQN, TESO, Wildstar and the next gen consoles.

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

could you answer me this, did you zerg and farm while doing the 2 hours?

in Living World

Posted by: Toby.2357

Toby.2357

could you answer me this, did you zerg and farm while doing the 2 hours?

No zerging, no farming. I just explored the tower, did the chambers while climbing, did the events while climbing the tower, ressed few noobs, killed few interesting looking mobs. I stopped mindlessy zerg farming after the Queen jublee and Scarlet Invasion LS. Dont you tell me farming is fun, if anet wants to appeal to players by adding zerg farming content then their doing it wrong, Ive had enough of running to the same place, killing the same mobs, doing the same event over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Surpsingly the chambers were fun, they were short, but they were many. 9 total and all 9 had diffrent halucinations and elements. After my second chamber on the first floor i couldnt wait to see what the third chamber had in surprise for me. And the story instance at the top floor, it was fun, the Toxic hybrid could be a little more challenging and could have a few more ’’Must’’ evade 1kil attacks and the instance would be even better. But that was all it had to show for after all that hyping up. Few achievements, a mini, a mask and a pretty looking tower that has alot of potential but was ruined by the time pressure. Imagen the possibility if anet put a decent amount of time in it instead of 4weeks. Each floor could be as big as the 3 floors combined. Each floor could have even more chambers and each chambers could have been more and more difficult as you progressed.

In one of my previous mmos i remember they added the same type of content like the nightmare tower only it was a tower’ish tomb with 4 floors, but each floor was massive and each floor had its own theme with its own special bosses. Took us 1week to get past the first floor and we were rewarded for progressing. The content became more difficult in each floor and the last floor offered the biggest boss a public raid boss like Tequatl.. Anyway what im tryng to say is that there is alot of potential and good ideas that is going to waste because of time pressure and temporary content.

Level 80 Kudzu Ranger – SFR

(edited by Toby.2357)

in Living World

Posted by: Puma Pompom.5632

Puma Pompom.5632

I care about the living story. I love it!