I don't care about Living World

in Living World

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

NOTE: THE ORIGINAL TITLE OF THIS POST WAS – No Achievement and I couldn’t care less. – A MOD HAS DECIDED TO CHANGE IT, THINKING THEY KNOW WHAT I WNAT TO SAY BETTER THAN I DO. ON THE CONTRARY I REALLY CARE ABOUT THE LIVING WORLD. THIS EDIT OF MY POST IN NO WAY REPRESENTS WHAT I FEEL, NOR DOES IT MAKE THIS TOPIC MORE CLEAR

Please disregard this stupid edit choice by the mod, and continue to discuss based in my original title, which was to show my frustration at not being able to get the achievement due to the limited nature of the content, and how I finally realized that I was putting too much care into them for what I was getting out of it.

thanks for your understanding. And to the mod that changed this, smarten up.

GW2 finally beat me.

Despite having 100% completion of all Living Story achievements, I was finally faced with so many obstacles that I have no choice but to give up.

Here is the recipie that finally did it. It’s kinda like making cookies, but nowhere near as delicious.

Preheat GPU to 65 degrees

Mix in the following into a large bowl.

10 -20 seconds of pure lag (add during lasers, and multiple times during Mai)
Multiple group wipes due to difficult mechanics
Players rage quitting, and or leaving after missing achievements.
A boss fight that relies on seeing AoE circles, but don’t display them.
A challenging, and time consuming dungeon

Now, once fully mixed, add in 3 cups of temporary content, stirring slowly until well blended.

Repeat dungeon multiple times, and serve cold.

As many have said, I don’t care if the dungeon is mother hardest dungeon ever, but don’t make it temporary. I sat down at 10pm last night with the intention of getting the last achievement. It is now 5:13 am, and I am still missing it.

Think about that. I just about put in a full days work just trying to get one achievement. I missed an entire night of sleep because in less than twelve hours I will never again have the chance to get the achievement. I looked for a group for over 45 minutes, and eventually standing there in LA thinking, I don’t care.

This is a game…why am I making my life worse for a game?

So, I’ve decided from now on, that I will not be putting in effort into the Living Story. It’s just too annoying to be forced to finish content and achievements in such a short timeframe.

Anyway. Rant over….the point. Make content difficult and permanent, or make it easier and temporary…but don’t make it hard, and temporary, that is just annoying.

(edited by Crazylegsmurphy.6430)

in Living World

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I tend to agree, and because of that I really have zero interest in the living story anymore. I’m just not up to having a second job in game. Once I finish levelling my 3rd to 80, I’m done. I hope it works out for Anet, but I’m just tired of hoping things will get better. After reading about the future of the game, it’s just not for me. Truly disappointed.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

in Living World

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Well, im in exactly the same situation. I have done every single achievement in the living story up to Sky Pirates. I am missing 3 achievements on which I’ve spend the last weekend, trying endlessly to get at least 1 of them. Unfortunatelly this dungeon is based more on luck than skill and it gave me more frustration during the past 2 weeks than any other game I’ve played in the past couple of months. My look on the great visuals has been overshadowed by terrible mechanics and ridiculous difficulity. For me it was the worst form of temporary content in this game so far. I did however enjoyed the dragon bash as a whole event.

Making one of the most difficult dungeons so far with least amount of time for completing it was a terrible choice and I just hope it won’t happen again. I don’t even care about these achievements anymore, I just wanted to have fun playing the game.

in Living World

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

Well, it is an achievement, and I’d say the definition suits it pretty well. “A thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill.” I like the way they’ve done things, and I haven’t gotten the achievement myself.

in Living World

Posted by: Unicorn.2307

Unicorn.2307

I got them all, the dungeon was fun and challenging. hopefully there will be more like it

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

As many have said, I don’t care if the dungeon is mother hardest dungeon ever, but don’t make it temporary. I sat down at 10pm last night with the intention of getting the last achievement. It is now 5:13 am, and I am still missing it.

Think about that. I just about put in a full days work just trying to get one achievement. I missed an entire night of sleep because in less than twelve hours I will never again have the chance to get the achievement. I looked for a group for over 45 minutes, and eventually standing there in LA thinking, I don’t care.

I feel your pain.

I was lucky last night, and you weren’t. It shouldn’t be like that.

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Do you want a cookie?

I stopped caring at SAB. I missed a lot of achievements ever since.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

I Like the new dungeon, and I dont care if it’s temporary or not (since there is nothing more to earn there anyways ^^)

It was fun and challenging to complete it.
It felt rewarding to be one of the few who managed to get all the achievments.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Living World

Pixelpumpkin.4608

It felt rewarding to be one of the few who managed to get all the achievments.

So your sense of reward is based on many other players’ failure and frustration?

I’m not sure how that makes me feel.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

no, its based on my own success and the knowledge about how difficult this dungeon is.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Living World

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Ah. I just thought because you said “It felt rewarding to be one of the few”, indicating that it wouldn’t have felt as rewarding if you were one of many who got the achievements.

in Living World

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

The dungeon is easy. You should PvP sometime to increase your skill.
PvE-Content would be much easier for you.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in Living World

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

I find posts like this so difficult to understand. Is your pleasure from the game solely derived from completing 100% of achievements so that as soon as you have 98% it is impossible for you to enjoy?

Please stop turning your hobby into work. There must be some reason you play the game other than to tick arbitrary boxes set by the developers, try to remember this reason and you might find it a lot more fun. If it is the case that the only reason you play is for completions sake than certainly stop playing! Life is short no-one has time to turn there leisure time into work.

I also don’t understand how so many people find this dungeon so hard. I would have the “avoid the lasers” achievement 3 times over by now if I hadn’t had to stand in the lasers to kill myself after the rest of my party died. Maybe I’ve been lucky and avoided these devious golem pulls everyone is talking about.

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Considering I work (hour commute to and from) and have a family, I came to terms a while back that I won’t get every achievement in the game, temporary or otherwise…and I’m ok with that.

I do try to get them all. I did the AR dungeon I don’t know how many times, with how many different people. Never finished it. Came close a couple of times, but we wiped, and people (including myself) ran out of available time. I lagged too badly to manage the Faster than Light Achievement, even though I tried for it every time. I’m at least happy that I tried.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

Meh, I’m jelly that any of you got to do the dungeon at all. Real life had me busy for the entire time of the Aetherblade living story, so I could only finish the cache/killing. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Living World

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Stop whining and wait for fractals

in Living World

Posted by: Xavos.9357

Xavos.9357

the dungeon is easy, as long as you have the skills to beat the mechanics of the game, but I feel you, if like me (didn’t finish the dungeon yet) was unlucky to have party members that sucks at the game, then the feeling of frustration would really kick in, don’t blame the game, blame the people who wouldn’t like to improve and enhance their gameplay

Xavos – Guardian
Rasz Algethi – Hunter
Fort Aspenwood

in Living World

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Please note the poor edit choice by the mod. This was not the original title.

in Living World

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

So you’re saying it went from “No Achievement and I couldn’t care less” to “I don’t care about Living World?”

Interesting.

in Living World

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

So you’re saying it went from “No Achievement and I couldn’t care less” to “I don’t care about Living World?”

Interesting.

Yes, these are two very different things.

in Living World

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

I would have liked to beat NULL, or to beat the pirates dungeon. I agree that it requires skills, L2P, look for a good group, etc. I just didn’t have the time to do it.

In our group we have more or less the same pattern: The first time we do a dungeon we spend more than an hour if it is easy or close to three if it’s difficult. Then we “optimize”.

We’re all “2 hours a day, a lot more when possible” gamers. We rage-quit in frustration the first two times in NULL, we regrouped and some of us got the achievement. We got wiped several times on fritzz untill we decided to call it and come back later… only one of us got the achievement via PUGs after spending the whole sunday on it.

Point is.. if these where permanent content we would keep repeating it until we get it, “master” it, and move along if it’s not rewarding enough.

So I agree: difficult permanent content, and “not-so-difficult-and-frustrating” temporal content should be the norm.

I guess I will wait until/if they are converted to fractals.

in Living World

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

TL;DR:

I waited until the last day to try to do the dungeon.

I don’t know anyone else in game to form a group.

With a full group I couldn’t finish an instance that people have soloed.

This is all ANet’s fault.

Did I do it right?

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Living World

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Sky Pirates was the first Living Story that I didn’t get all the Achievements and I didn’t have an OCD freakout session over it. It’s just a game.

in Living World

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

TL;DR:

I waited until the last day to try to do the dungeon.

I don’t know anyone else in game to form a group.

With a full group I couldn’t finish an instance that people have soloed.

This is all ANet’s fault.

Did I do it right?

Close….

- I was on vacation in Italy for a week.

- I came back and for days, attempted the dungeon with my girlfriend and a group of friends that have been working together since MF

- I worked really hard to get the other achievements, and learn the dungeon

- My group of friends (who have lives beyond Guild Wars 2) were not available to help me get the last achievement, and I was forced to find PUGS

- From 10pm to 5:30am I failed time after time with PUGS, got up at 11am, and attempted with two more PUGS

- I paired up with one last PUG and finished the last achievement literally moments before the update.

Is this ANets fault? YES!

They’re the ones who are making the Living Story content difficult, and temporary. If you’re going to argue I’m an idiot, you better bring something more than dog doo.

in Living World

Posted by: FreakyPriest.8317

FreakyPriest.8317

I couldn’t agree with you more. Up to Southsun Coast I completed all living story achievements. I did that even though I felt like it’s just recycling old stuff for new content. But then there were a few achievements like the karka queen which I just could not force myself to do them. I want to play and have fun but:

- I don’t want to wait until a stupid event occurs, like the karka queen.
- I hate time pressure. Please make new content permanent. I just don’t have the time to complete stuff in about 2 weeks.
- Make real content! Recycling all jumping puzzles again and again sucks. They were fun the first time, but I do not want to repeat them all the time.

in Living World

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I think the Living World temporary content is a massive waste of dev time.