I don't feel rewarded

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Is this seriously the end reward of the story!?

Taimi’s gratitude

Attachments:

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

you got scammed, i got at least 10 piles of gloop!

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

This happened last episode too. Do they even have loot databases?

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: SnubdubLuskon.1795

SnubdubLuskon.1795

I got three yellows. I thought that was standard. Yeah, you got the cold shoulder.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

That is seriously hilarious.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Maybe if you are only playing for rewards, doing short and easy STORY missions isn’t the way to go?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Maybe if you are only playing for rewards, doing short and easy STORY missions isn’t the way to go?

Bwaaa haa haaa, was just thinking how “someone” would somehow blame the player for this.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I can understand one key, or a couple of greens

but to give me some greys/whites is insulting honestly

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Bwaaa haa haaa, was just thinking how “someone” would somehow blame the player for this.

I wouldn’t really say I blame the player.
I simply stated a fact that if you want loot, you go to the loot generating areas. The story-line areas have never been the loot generating areas in this game.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well compensated players generally will trade gold to gems, as a business it behooves ANet to make most things unrewarding. Sadly this is why, in a nutshell, the most popular events are those that involve zerging champions and/or eotm.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

I wouldn’t really say I blame the player.
I simply stated a fact that if you want loot, you go to the loot generating areas. The story-line areas have never been the loot generating areas in this game.

someone obviously didnt know to farm the blood prince daily last halloween

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I got an exotic and a rare… I figured they had gotten better at their rewards…. Maybe my magic find obsession is finally paying off lol?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

nexxe.7081

Are you serious? STORY is the main form of content coming from Anet now. There should be meaningful rewards for it, and not junk loot. At least in the original Personal Story, we got somewhat better rewards, but this really shows how amateur this game design really is. Anet can never do wrong in your eyes. It’s laughable.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: graceness.3156

graceness.3156

Don’t blame Anet, blame Taimi! Typical asura…

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

I got around 30 globs of goop and like 2 blues, I think I came out on top

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Sounds like RNGsus didn’t shine his light on you. I got 2 rares outta the deal.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Yea.. because this episodes required soooo much effort, right?
Everything was easy mode. Why should we be rewarded for face rolling our keyboard?

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Do the achievements, each gives a chest.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

From Taimi’s box:

A rare, 3 obsidian shards, 2 blue quality weapons, some spikes and globby goop, and a basic weapon as well. Hm, maybe the seed pouches will have more…

More globs of globby goop, a bunch of Potent Venom Sacs and a few Powerful venom Sacs, with a bunch of other blue quality items and a few masterworks.

Meh?

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

Got 3 rares. Maybe it’s because I’m an asura lol.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Keep in mind that a lot of the loot decisions are structured around account based MF now, as stacking MF is basically the “endgame” stat progression for GW2. Thus, the idea is that you start out on blue/green drops and luck them out until eventually those drops start to poop out better stuff.

It would not at all suprise me if inventory bags were subject to MF.

Also, the “good” rewards are in the secondary mission achievements, wherin the main reward from the primary plotline is unlocking said achievements. Makes sense really, as the story itself, unlike the GW1 story is “designed to be beaten” rather than “Designed to be a challenge” wherin the secondary achievements are the loot generators due to their more nuanced or challenging mechanics in most cases.

Also note that the open world mechanics were overhauled a lot to make it a much better source of rewards as well as much more replayable form a content standpoint. Anet really wants players doing theri farming in the open world, wherin the story instances are purposely designed to not be a “farm” but rather an ongoing narrative. This is why they don’t recycle the rewards, and generally only pay out big at the end of big plot threads.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

nexxe.7081

Keep in mind that a lot of the loot decisions are structured around account based MF now, as stacking MF is basically the “endgame” stat progression for GW2. Thus, the idea is that you start out on blue/green drops and luck them out until eventually those drops start to poop out better stuff.

Also, the “good” rewards are in the secondary mission achievements, wherin the main reward from the primary plotline is unlocking said achievements. Makes sense really, as the story itself, unlike the GW1 story is “designed to be beaten” rather than “Designed to be a challenge” wherin the secondary achievements are the loot generators due to their more nuanced or challenging mechanics in most cases.

Also note that the open world mechanics were overhauled a lot to make it a much better source of rewards as well as much more replayable form a content standpoint. Anet really wants players doing theri farming in the open world, wherin the story instances are purposely designed to not be a “farm” but rather an ongoing narrative. This is why they don’t recycle the rewards, and generally only pay out big at the end of big plot threads.

If that’s true, then it should be changed.

Magic Find should never be used for the Living Story rewards. Even if it’s not true, the Living Story should have it’s own separate database for meaningful loot, specifically tied to the new zones, which could drop geodes, lockpicks, etc.

This is why people are justified when they say GW2 rewards suck, because you get grey-quality junk after spending all that time. It’s very unrewarding, and underwhelming.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Apparently Taimi wanted me to have a big bunch of green slime. What the hell?

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

I actually got some yellow from the box but on that note….

I think the box should have been a special token that could have been traded in for a new type of weapon skin that was made by Taimi.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

I got a yellow, 4 T5 mats, some whites and a bunch of junk.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Apparently Taimi wanted me to have a big bunch of green slime. What the hell?

Her buggers?

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I hate when others are like “well i got this and this and this” as in you should have gotten it too or they are more special- no Anet just likes to screw you over just like the Ambrite weapons skins in the boxes along with the t5 favor that noone cares about

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Wowlock.8176

Wowlock.8176

If anything, I would’ve liked to have somekind of trophy instead of junk I will sell to the vendor. I mean I bought a full Vigil Set and have Exotic items. Only upgrades I am gonna get are ascendant which probably never gonna drop from events or quests…so at least make the quest rewards meaningful with a certain item you can have at your home instance or a small skin …Something that I won’t vendor as soon as I see it.

I still want my Nord story instance Helmet that I won by beating a Son of Svanir leader. Story Book says I have it yet I can’t use it as a skin or even see it in my home, what is the point then ?!

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I still want my Nord story instance

Sorry for being offtopic and unconstructive, but everytime I see this (calling Norn: Nord) I cringe inside.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Are you serious? STORY is the main form of content coming from Anet now. There should be meaningful rewards for it, and not junk loot. At least in the original Personal Story, we got somewhat better rewards, but this really shows how amateur this game design really is. Anet can never do wrong in your eyes. It’s laughable.

Yes, story is the main for of content right now.
But there is still World Bosses, Champions, Dungeons and Fractals if you want rewards.

I might remember incorrectly but I seem to recall the Personal Story rewards being quite bad, they had nice skins and all but the items themselves were easily replaced for something better.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

Why even bother with a packaged reward that reads it contains some things from Dry Top that Taimi wants me to have, if it contains absolute rubbish? It creates a false expectation after a whole first season of getting at least something new or useful every time we get a box like that. It also raises the question of why Taimi wants me to have heaps and heaps of green slime.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Yeah, another thing bugging me about Season 2 is the reliance on RNG to keep people interested. I’m not too big of a fan of it.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

rng is rng.

the end reward for completing the story is pretty lame (i got 2 rares and some t6 mats…so i can’t complain too much), but the overall accumulation of rewards for doing these fairly easy missions is pretty great.

i’d have completion of the story reward a one-time unique item (which would in turn gives incentive for people who missed the episode to buy it with gems)…..in this case, it could have been an item that allows you to rewatch the end cinema (have you watched it while under the effects of a quaggan tonic?…so awesome). a skin specific to the story (like during season1) would also work.

so other than the lame end reward, the overall rewards for LS episodes are fine.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

I had exotic and rares shrugs

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

You completed an easy story mission for that lol, stop qqing. For the record, I got obsidian shards and a lodestone from that sooooo, jokes on you.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Taimi’s gratitude

I got almost exactly the same.

The only real problem with this season is that we no longer have good rewards for completing the story. What happened to great rewards like getting an obilisk shard and candy corn node?

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

(edited by Aedelric.1287)

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Marcus Greythorne.6843

why is it not possible to give everyone a guaranteed exotic once for completing an episode? If the problem is named trading post, then simply make it accountbound. Why not? They did it for the ancient Karka, everyone loved it and the world still worked fine.

(I got about the same as the OP)

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

why is it not possible to give everyone a guaranteed exotic once for completing an episode? If the problem is named trading post, then simply make it accountbound. Why not? They did it for the ancient Karka, everyone loved it and the world still worked fine.

Because getting a guaranteed Exotic for as little “work” required to complete the instances would not be proportional to the time it takes to get them in other ways?

And no, people hated the fact that the Karka event gave away exotics (and precursors) at such a high rate.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

So you got exotics, rares, lodestones and we got grey vendor items?? GG Anet, once again.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Actually, a dev has made it clear that MF only affects mob drops and PvP mob chests.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I think it’s hilarious we don’t actually see the box opening and the chat log to show it’s real. This is exactly what I think I got from my seed pouch boxes which came with one of the story completion bits.

So, if you want me to believe you got this from the big box? Better context and don’t make me look and go "Cropped picture? Easily staged to keep the meme of “two blues and a green” alive."

. . . I mean, really.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

Man i feel your pain.
Sure, we probably don’t deserve exotic loot for facerolling the story,
but giving JUNK as rewards is too much trolling on anet’s part tbh.

Living Story Season 1, rubbish story, good rewards.
Living Story Season 2, good story, rubbish rewards.

Sigh, why can’t both be good?

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

Yeah, because RNG sucks. And this is not just about the end of this chapter, in general Arenanet is making no efforts at all to keep us interested.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Because getting a guaranteed Exotic for as little “work” required to complete the instances would not be proportional to the time it takes to get them in other ways?

And no, people hated the fact that the Karka event gave away exotics (and precursors) at such a high rate.

Let me tell you: you’re wrong. People hated the fact that the Karka event was a one time occurence and they couldn’t get the reward when they’ve missed that event. All the others participating who got the reward… I know no one who gets rewarded with exotics and says: “I hate this, give me greens and blues!!”

About the rewards for completing the story once, I fail to see how this is a problem. They just have to make sure that this is a one-time reward which can’t be farmed and which is account-wide. That’s all.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Let me tell you: you’re wrong. People hated the fact that the Karka event was a one time occurence and they couldn’t get the reward when they’ve missed that event. All the others participating who got the reward… I know no one who gets rewarded with exotics and says: “I hate this, give me greens and blues!!”

About the rewards for completing the story once, I fail to see how this is a problem. They just have to make sure that this is a one-time reward which can’t be farmed and which is account-wide. That’s all.

But not everyone got Precurors, while many others did, which was rather hated. Some didn’t even get useful Exotics (I for one got 2 lvl 76 daggers on my lvl 80 Mesmer).

So you should only get rewards for doing the story on one of your characters then? Do you really think people would accept that? People are already complaining about how bad things are for people with alts and so on. Limiting the rewards in such a way would not be liked.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Taimi’s gratitude

All Gw2 reward systems are broken from top to bottom. There is only one reward system that actually works – fractals. And that’s it. If they don’t figure out how to reward players then all chests are going to continue with disappointing you.

In my opinion they’ve suspended vertical reward system in response to forum rage but didn’t have any plan on how to replace it. And they still don’t.

(edited by HiddenNick.7206)

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Marcus Greythorne.6843

But not everyone got Precurors, while many others did, which was rather hated. Some didn’t even get useful Exotics (I for one got 2 lvl 76 daggers on my lvl 80 Mesmer).

So you should only get rewards for doing the story on one of your characters then? Do you really think people would accept that? People are already complaining about how bad things are for people with alts and so on. Limiting the rewards in such a way would not be liked.

Fair enough, precursors are still a big rng element, I give you that. Maybe you could get one of those ambrite-fossils you need in order to craft the new exotic weapons. This way people could choose which weapon they want and rng gets left behind.

(Ambrite fossils drop rarely from the buried chests (I got one from 7 chests yesterday on day 1), so I’d say it would be a good choice to get a single one guaranteed for completing episode 2).

In this case it would probably be ok to make it repeatable for other characters since the effort to complete the whole episode comes close to buying a few lockpicks and finding the buried chests (which isn’t hard in any way).

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: One Prarie Outpost.4860

One Prarie Outpost.4860

Since this is not the END of the story line your reward – while offensive and rude – is inline with other story completion rewards. They could have done without the white and blue and given us some zeph keys.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

Don’t blame Anet, blame Taimi! Typical asura…

Hee hee, yeah. Taimi’s an Asura. She probably thinks the player is so intellectually inferior that she or he can’t tell the difference between orange and gray. There’s the RP answer.

I don't feel rewarded

in Living World

Manasa Devi.7958

They could have done without the white and blue and given us some zeph keys.

More whites and blues would‘ve been a lot nicer than the many greys I got.