I think I figured out who "E" is.

in Living World

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I think Glimmer is a great theory.

To you and all those who think that Glint’s child is E, explain to me this:

How can a dragon cover Marjory’s mouth and bring a knife to her throat, in the middle of Divinity’s Reach?[/quote]

How could a dragon NOT cover Marjory’s mouth and bring a knife to her throat, in the middle of Divitnity’s Reach? Explain to me that

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

How could a dragon NOT cover Marjory’s mouth and bring a knife to her throat, in the middle of Divitnity’s Reach? Explain to me that

Given the size, a single nail would cover the entire head; good luck holding a dagger used by standard races in such a hand. Effectively, at least. And good luck using a full hand to cover just the mouth.

And it’d be quite the squeeze to go into the streets, I imagine.

And yes, I know you’re sarcastic there, but I’m answering seriously.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

But it would be Glimmer (the baby dragon) using his connections, those who are bound to protect glint and as a result her offspring, to do this for him. We know that the Zephyrites took over that position and that tehy are mainly humans, so they wouldn’t stick out in DR. Ofc a dragon can’t jsut walk in DR hold a knife over her throat, don’t be silly :p

Still hits two roadblocks:

1. E is the person Marjory met. So if the person Marjory met is not ‘Glimmer’ then Glimmer is not E.
  2. Why would E focus solely/mostly on Krytan politics (everything has been LA or DR politics, or related to the Krytan nation) if he/she was a Zephyrite?

Well did the person who held a knife to her throat tell her he was E?

Anyhow, ofc there are roadblocks, there are roadblocks with every theory out there ^^ so much mystery.

Anyhow, i know very well that of all possibilities this is the one thats most farfetched. But its also the most interesting :p

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

Evon Gnashblade:
Evon founded the BLTC back when Charr/Human hostilities were still brewing, as an agent for the Ash Legion.
It gave the charr an invaluable legitimate reason to be in Kryta, while he could use his thief abilities to move stealthily in human towns and even Divinity’s Reach.
When peace broke out he was mostly a free agent, but it’s almost impossible to believe that the Order of Whispers was ignorant of this, so he’s probably in an intelligence sharing operation with them. With Trading Posts everywhere, information throws freely into his office and if anyone ever questioned that he could explain it was all for smart investing. That would explain why Delaqua Investigations isn’t hurting for money and most importantly why he could not deal with the situation at the Dragon Bash himself.

The problem with this theory is where’s the profit? Evon Gnashblade only cares about the shiny coins, and I don’t see him making one copper over deaths in Divinity’s Reach when he’s based in Lion’s Arch. Even ignoring the charr/human politics, I just can’t see the things E has done leading to him becoming richer.

On the “Glimmer” theory, I’d only accept the theory if he somehow polymorphed himself into a humanoid form. I find this doubtful, since Glint spent her entire life as a dragon, and if she could’ve turned herself human, I bet she would’ve.

I’ll restate the Ela Makkay theory, now that I know she’s been around for all of the Living Story. The only problem with it is that most of the Living Story Season 1 was lost, and that is never a factor where the story is involved. Now, I suppose it might be strange, since Marjory seems to know her, and it makes us wonder why a pseudonym would even need to be used. In any case, it’s the most plausible candidate I’ve heard to date.

in Living World

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Ela Makkay is the new Master of Whispers and is just using the resources of the Priory to learn more about the Dragons.

Did I do the thing? I think I did the thing.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Anyhow, ofc there are roadblocks, there are roadblocks with every theory out there ^^ so much mystery.

Anyhow, i know very well that of all possibilities this is the one thats most farfetched. But its also the most interesting :p

Yes, he did.

I stood slowly, and as I reached my full height, a body came up gently behind me. Arms wrapped so intimately around me that my fight or flight instincts never kicked in. Then, a knife appeared at my throat.

I froze. When you’ve been had, there’s not much you can do but listen.

A deep voice whispered next to my ear, “Calm.” I sensed no necromantic power radiating from my captor. This was someone different. “The man you’re chasing is Kraig the Bleak. Magic for hire. You’ll probably never see him again.”

I asked, “Who are you?”

“Listen closely,” the deep voice said. “There are forces at work in this city, in this world, that will take us all down if we let them. Together, you and I can make a difference.”

My body was relaxing, senses expanding, and I’d finally caught my breath. “And what a positive start to our relationship.” My sense of humor was even returning.

“One you won’t forget. I’ll be in touch. You can call me E.”

Before I knew it, I was released, throat intact. I spun around, but no one was there. My captor—E—had left me standing, alone, on a moonless night, at the edge of a cobblestone street that smelled of rotting vegetables and dog droppings, and all I could think was, I need a new job.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Lonami.2987

Lonami.2987

I think Mr. E is Demmi Beetlestone. No one else knows so much about those working in the shadows of humanity.

Another option is Mr. E being a villain manipulating us to make sure we notice the things he orchestrates, and move in their way so we are distracted while the real threat keeps advancing. Mordremoth, for example, was awakened on purpose. Mr. E could be the leader of the Sinister Alliance, as well as Scarlet’s Alliance’s boss.

Elonian elite specialization ideas: El: Dervish
M: Bladedancer – N: Scourge – En: Occultist – Ra: Swampstalker
T: Sharpshooter – G: Sunspear – Re: Hierophant – W: Corsair

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Can’t E be an illusion created by a powerful mesmer (aka most NPC mesmers) to confuse Jory?

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Yes, he did.

I stood slowly, and as I reached my full height, a body came up gently behind me. Arms wrapped so intimately around me that my fight or flight instincts never kicked in. Then, a knife appeared at my throat.

I froze. When you’ve been had, there’s not much you can do but listen.

A deep voice whispered next to my ear, “Calm.” I sensed no necromantic power radiating from my captor. This was someone different. “The man you’re chasing is Kraig the Bleak. Magic for hire. You’ll probably never see him again.”

I asked, “Who are you?”

“Listen closely,” the deep voice said. “There are forces at work in this city, in this world, that will take us all down if we let them. Together, you and I can make a difference.”

My body was relaxing, senses expanding, and I’d finally caught my breath. “And what a positive start to our relationship.” My sense of humor was even returning.

“One you won’t forget. I’ll be in touch. You can call me E.”

Before I knew it, I was released, throat intact. I spun around, but no one was there. My captor—E—had left me standing, alone, on a moonless night, at the edge of a cobblestone street that smelled of rotting vegetables and dog droppings, and all I could think was, I need a new job.

Well, that settles it. E is Batman. Or the Tyrian equivalent. What did she not do? Look up. If she had, she’d have seen E peering down from a rooftop and recoiling his E-grappling hook.

It’s Lord Faren.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Konig Des Todes.2086

Can’t E be an illusion created by a powerful mesmer (aka most NPC mesmers) to confuse Jory?

Clearly, E is Kasmeer.

Kasmeer keeps close to Marjory, suggests her for Dragon Bash (and Kasmeer wanted to go to Dragon Bash herself – perfect excuse), is in the Mesmer Collective with ties to the Shining Blade, was a noble in DR so has some motivations there. And she’s been intentionally misleading E as being a male (“Mister E” is Kasmeer’s nickname – Marjory points out that they don’t know whether E is male or female, despite the deep voice and being grabbed by E).

Dear ANet writers,

in Living World

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Who is interested in krytan politics and have secrets about his/her identy?

1. Livia
2. Anise

And some people think they are the same person.

Logan is not the type of sneaking around. I think from destiny’s edge is eir the only person, who can be Mr. E. She hasn’t the best reputation from her past, but enough brain for tactics, strategy and information gathering. But I don’t think that Mr. E is a destiny’s edge member.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

It took me this long to realize that Mr. E is a pun? Jesus Christ.

Mr. E
Mister E
Mystery

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

My new theory is it will be a long lost descendant of the founder of the White Mantle – Saul E’Alessio

in Living World

Posted by: The Arctic Fox.6720

The Arctic Fox.6720

3 quaggans standing ontop each others shoulders, in a trench coat, most likely the one that shouts “There’s something in the water! Halp !” or not

in Living World

Posted by: Alma.1769

Alma.1769

I stood slowly, and as I reached my full height, a body came up gently behind me. Arms wrapped so intimately around me that my fight or flight instincts never kicked in. Then, a knife appeared at my throat. -Marjory’s Story: The Last Straw

In some ways I almost buy into the Kasmeer is E. Perfect Superman disguise as well, dumb blonde bimbo with a hiccup by day, sultry deep voiced dude by night. The key words to me are, intimately and knife. Perhaps Caithe? At that point Destiny’s Edge was still in tatters yes? So perhaps she started what became DE v2.

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

I have to be honest, I think E has been with us before we even met Marjory.

The thing is, what do we know about E:

- We supposedly know they have a deep voice, deep can be masculine but also feminine.

- They seem to take an interest in the affairs of most if not all situations transpiring.

- They have a habit of being in the right place when we need them to give us information or tip offs about certain events.

- Jory implied she has contacts in the Durmond Priory.

- Someone in the Priory recently showed us the key to its deepest archives.

- That person has also been with us as early as the Molten Alliance storyline.

Who then, is E?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magister_Ela_Makkay

That, is my bet.

Magister Ela Makkay

Magister

Mister

Ela

E

To be fair, she was recently promoted to Magister, but even then I have had my suspicions that this character being present as early as Molten Alliance and being around to inspect the Zephyrites in Season 2’s start is intentional.

She was in escape from Lions Arch around the Durmond Priory, asking questions about the survivors.

She’s a very inquisitive individual that to me, implies shes alot smarter than her matter-of-fact behavior suggests.

(edited by CaptainVanguard.4925)

in Living World

Posted by: Onza.7165

Onza.7165

I had some thoughts today, with some thing relating to Scarlett, the mists, asura personal story line as well as the Mysterious Figure.

Might Mr. E be us from the future? Giving us hints to try to steer our paths to prevent something happening in the future.

Wild guess, but i thought i’d share it.

More violence, less violets.

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

It’s a good idea, but if it as us from the future wouldn’t it be easier to tell us about everything that’s gonna happen so we can prevent it before it happens? It seems like Mr. E is just guiding us towards things that need to be done or looked into but not really telling us to change anything.

I still think that Mr. E is actually a group of people and not one person.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief