If chapter 2 does not deliver.....

in Living World

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Then I am done with this game. I’m simply not gonna go through a replication of season 1, where this drip feed of two week content that can be finished in a few hours which is hyped to enormity yet delivers jack crap! And I say that with a heavy heart because I truly believe this game had enormous potential…But they are simply not delivering.

Anybody could have seen everything there was to see in Dry Top within a few hours. Add in the fact that IF you wanted to bother with the achievements you had to go through the story twice yet you cannot skip it. Anet, let me be clear when I say this “Achievements are NOT CONTENT”!

Imagine they had started season 2 with at leats 3 new FULL maps and a new Dungeon with 3 paths and then said that’s your lot for at least 3 months? Wouldn’t that have been better and more exciting? This drip drip tap feed of "content " is absolutely NO different from LS1 and It’s like they are not listening.

Notice the only dev input on this forum is for people praising the new season…Fair enough..Keep your Ostrich in the sand attitude..there are PLENTY of games out there…

I loved this game…but unless I see PROPER DEEP content then yeh..I’m done and I know for a fact I’m not alone.

(edited by Moderator)

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

“A few yours” every 2 weeks would still be comparatively more content than WoW gets. Not sure how WS compared. I don’t really see the big problem, bite-sized is good if you got a busy life.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Moderator)

in Living World

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

Well, don’t play it bite-wise then. Log in every two weeks and logout again. Some month later there will be enough in your Story-Journal to play through for you. … You do know the Story Journal, don’t you?

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

in Living World

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Imagine they had started season 2 with at leats 3 new FULL maps and a new Dungeon with 3 paths and then said that’s your lot for at least 3 months? Wouldn’t that have been better and more exciting?

No it wouldn’t.
Dry Top as you said takes a few hours, “3 new FULL maps” would take like a couple days to finish, also do all paths of a new dungeon would take another couple days, that is about 1 maybe 2 weeks of content, so … what you would do in the rest of the 2,5 months without any new update?

EDIT: It is your problem that you don’t want to do all the offered content, do all the story and all the achieves from this update would be enough to keep you busy for those 2 weeks, assuming you don’t play 8~10 hours a day.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

(edited by Belzebu.3912)

in Living World

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Imagine they had started season 2 with at leats 3 new FULL maps and a new Dungeon with 3 paths and then said that’s your lot for at least 3 months? Wouldn’t that have been better and more exciting?

No it wouldn’t.
Dry Top as you said takes a few hours, “3 new FULL maps” would take like a couple days to finish, also do all paths of a new dungeon would take another couple days, that is about 1 maybe 2 weeks of content, so … what you would do in the rest of the 2,5 months without any new update?

EDIT: It is your problem that you don’t want to do all the offered content, do all the story and all the achieves from this update would be enough to keep you busy for those 2 weeks, assuming you don’t play 8~10 hours a day.

Well firstly, like I said previously achievements are NOT content…I don’t know why people cannot grasp this fact. Secondly…I did the whole lot in 2 evenings worth of casual play. You’re just being arguementative for the sake of it.

Listen I am on the side of the GAME..I WANT the game to deliver….and frankly it isn’t..sure some of you think whatever dross anet dishes up is awesome, but I can assure you, both ingame and the multitude of gaming forums beg to differ. Can you honestly say after 2 months of waiting and evaluating the tidal wave of criticism that was well acknowledged towards ls1 both here, in game and in the gaming press at large, that this simple dry top map and opening chapter was worth the wait?

If so, then the game at large is on its deathknell.

in Living World

Posted by: twoscoops.6913

twoscoops.6913

I’m with you OP. I can’t for the life of me understand how people are satisfied with this new, easy, go to green star here, go to green star there content.

in Living World

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

I think you need ton take a realistic look at how much time and effort it takes to make these assets. Especially to the quality level that they managed in dry top. Plus the fact that there is considerably evidence that this is only part of a larger area. AN is a big company but they can only manage so much, and if that’s a problem for you then I’m not sure what will make you happy.

BOOM

in Living World

Posted by: Moderator.8539

Moderator.8539

Hi there,

please remain respectful when posting, even if you disagree with the OP and vice versa.

Thank you!

in Living World

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I don’t think this update was amazing, I just think that along the whole LS we’ll get the rest of the maps and a new dungeon, and for just an opening update it was good.

We’ll reach the update were a new dungeon will be released and 2 weeks later another update will be available and many players can even feel “overwhelmed” by content.

People lately are just too impatient, I prefer to get a bit of stuff during a short period of time than tons of stuff at once and then nothing else for months, but that is just my opinion.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

There are a few things that I don’t understand. Like why more currencies when they said they wanted to reduce them. Why those new skins again only unlock for one armour type. Why more chests or collect 10 sand to get something random. Those are the things I shake my head about.

But otherwise, what is the difference between a smaller map and faster interval of updates or a larger map and a longer interval. You’d be done within two days instead of two hours and would have said the same thing?

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Carighan.6758

What I find interesting is that there seems to be an expectation that ANet should pump out content much faster, but it sounds as if this expectations comes from an observation somewhere else.

Where would that be? WoW, which goes months between raid patches which are cut down in size to be a single small raid zone with a handful of bosses, and then a year until the next xpack? A year of nothing, ofc.
Wildstar? Which lacks content right out of the door?
Or are we looking outside of MMOs? Bioware pushing out content faster with DA2 certainly wasn’t well-received either, so there’s a negative precedent there. D3 went 2 years before it got more content, and it was only ~25% more, and the world isn’t large to begin with. PoE is still in it’s death throes so I doubt much will happen there.

No company releases lots of content fast.
For 2 weeks, Dry Top is quite good. Plus let’s be serious, adding new zones should be something done rarely, as it makes an already giant world even larger, each time they need to check whether Megaserver still fills each zone at least once over.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Living World

twoscoops.6913

Truth is, many people don’t care about the “story” part of Living Story. To us Living Story is only the vehicule by which we get new content that we might actually like.

So when a supposedly huge launch comes out (it is the start of season 2 after all) and it ONLY caters to the story-loving crowd, of course we’ll be disappointed.

in Living World

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

Truth is, many people don’t care about the “story” part of Living Story. To us Living Story is only the vehicule by which we get new content that we might actually like.

So when a supposedly huge launch comes out (it is the start of season 2 after all) and it ONLY caters to the story-loving crowd, of course we’ll be disappointed.

This is a fair enough complaint, I love the living story so for me the update was excellent but I can see where you are coming from, I wish most of the OP’s were as clear and non-abusive as you are when making these points.

BOOM

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I’m sure you would like more to do with these releases, but you must take into consideration that many of the current players have full time jobs, children and lives outside the game. These people have barely enough times in their busy lives to log in on the weekends to see what new things there are to offer.

Should they offer less to do for these individuals, because they don’t have time to do it all? As you can see it works both ways.

Edit: removed link to deleted post

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in Living World

Carighan.6758

I would argue it caters to the MMO-loving crowd, but well…
Plus really, “only caters”? Because all you do is listen to Kasmeer and Marjory talk, and then your game closes until July the 15th? Uh huh.

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

praying ANet “does not deliver”

in Living World

twoscoops.6913

Plus really, “only caters”? Because all you do is listen to Kasmeer and Marjory talk, and then your game closes until July the 15th? Uh huh.

Ok, so how would you say that this release caters to the non-story-loving crowd? (And please don’t suggest I should enjoy running around picking up kites and dropping them into a basket.)

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Then I am done with this game. I’m simply not gonna go through a replication of season 1, where this drip feed of two week content that can be finished in a few hours which is hyped to enormity yet delivers jack crap! And I say that with a heavy heart because I truly believe this game had enormous potential…But they are simply not delivering.

Anybody could have seen everything there was to see in Dry Top within a few hours. Add in the fact that IF you wanted to bother with the achievements you had to go through the story twice yet you cannot skip it. Anet, let me be clear when I say this “Achievements are NOT CONTENT”!

Imagine they had started season 2 with at leats 3 new FULL maps and a new Dungeon with 3 paths and then said that’s your lot for at least 3 months? Wouldn’t that have been better and more exciting? This drip drip tap feed of "content " is absolutely NO different from LS1 and It’s like they are not listening.

Notice the only dev input on this forum is for people praising the new season…Fair enough..Keep your Ostrich in the sand attitude..there are PLENTY of games out there…

I loved this game…but unless I see PROPER DEEP content then yeh..I’m done and I know for a fact I’m not alone.

The game might not be delivering for you, but I have to say this is what I want from this game. I don’t get to play all that much so when I do it’s nice I can see everything in a few hours. No achievements are not content, but then you don’t have to do them. They are there if you want to. There is enough to keep you busy. I refuse to believe you have everything from this chapter. Every achievement, item, recipe. There are plenty of things to get. The content is only as deep as you make it. Have you spoken to every NPC? Listened to there conversations?

I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, but when ever I see a thread like this I hope one of two things happen. You get what you want from the next patch or you do leave, then there is one less post like this on the forum. I see the same thing from the same people all the time and they are still here. Again no wanting to sound rude. It just bugs me when people think saying they’ll stop playing the game will do anything. ANet will not change there plans for one person or a handful. If you can prove there is more than a handful of unhappy players then maybe you’ll achieve something.

Just remember games are ment to be fun. If your not having fun stop playing for a bit, just log in to get the chapters, then a few months down the line you might want to give the game another chance, and maybe it will be more to your liking. I did it with Guild Wars 2. After my bug filled exsperiance with the Southsun launch I stayed away from the game till the bazaar. Then I enjoyed the game a lot more. I’m still not a fan of whinters day, but that’s just me. And I’m sure not going to tell ANet to change it just because I don’t like it. The game will go on with out me.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

What I find interesting is that there seems to be an expectation that ANet should pump out content much faster, but it sounds as if this expectations comes from an observation somewhere else.

Well, anet does pump out “content” on a fairly regular basis so, I suppose, people get the expectation from that. They release new stuff every 2 weeks.

What the OP, and many others like him/her, are trying to say is make the content better and/or release it differently so it appeals to more people and isn’t such fluff every time. I think many people are getting sick of the two week schedule that just doesn’t deliver anything quality and re-playable.

I think twoscoops ^^^ summed it up the best and hit the nail on the head.

Also, to those who think that releasing a new map and a new dungeon will make people bored in a week instead of two hours, you are sadly mistaken. I think doing something like that every three months would keep people much happier in the long run. Or how about spending the time to actually fix some of the major bugs in the game or fixing the dungeons that are broken and/or maybe add to them or change them up a bit. How about anything besides what we have now.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

I can see your point. If you don’t care about the story and/or are not an achievement chaser. I can see where you are coming from. I myself enjoyed the events. And the champs have nice little mechanics to make them interesting and not just a face roll auto attack frenzy.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

in Living World

Carighan.6758

I think doing something like that every three months would keep people much happier in the long run.

But independent of what you think, WoW clearly did the long-term experiment and showed a very significant ebb-and-flow based on patch and expansion releases.

in Living World

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

You mean RPG loving crowd, not MMO.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I prefer my content, story or otherwise, delivered bi-weekly. I don’t really care to wait months before getting new content of any kind.

We just had to wait a few months between patches, and I would rather not do that. I couldn’t wait for the new patch, and although it has things that don’t thrill me, it also has things that do.

The best part is that I have less than two weeks to wait until the next patch arrives. As some others have said, if you prefer larger content releases, save up several (or all) content releases until the end of the Season, and play them at that time. You get the big content release and the long wait. Win-win for you.

in Living World

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Ok, so how would you say that this release caters to the non-story-loving crowd? (And please don’t suggest I should enjoy running around picking up kites and dropping them into a basket.)

Fighting

• Defeat Three-Toed Tootsie
  • Challenge and Spar with Nochtli
  • Slay the Colocal Queen
  • Defeat the N4-SR before the Inquest can lock their base down
  • Even if you don’t go picking up the kites, you can stop the Inquest from doing that
  • Clear the Jungle Tendril
  • Cull the dust mites
  • Defeat the Devourer Queen
  • Defeat the dust mite twister

Exploring and Hunting

• Find the Coins
  • Lockbox hunting
  • Find the Llama in the mine
  • Map Completion

Misc

• Crafting items
  • Jump Puzzle
Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Living World

Posted by: Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

I really like the new pve content. Yeah it’s a small map but you have a lot to do. There are new achi, new matirals, new champs, new recipes and a lot more. I am asking myslef what you want more.

I love the new story and I am waiting for the second part of the living story, in the meantime I will play.

in Living World

Carighan.6758

You mean RPG loving crowd, not MMO.

Eh yes, sorry. Of course.

in Living World

Posted by: StevenMah.9854

StevenMah.9854

Definitely rooms for improvements still, but compared to the chaotic jumble of LS1, I prefer this, especially the story-telling.

How is this update ‘small’ for god’s sake, turn off your computer and get a life.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Anet could release content the size of this game and it still would not satisfy people who rush through everything.

in Living World

Posted by: shalldoom.8673

shalldoom.8673

Like the OP , I am not a big fan of the drip feed content……hoping there is an expansion soon….

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Where would that be? WoW, which goes months between raid patches which are cut down in size to be a single small raid zone with a handful of bosses, and then a year until the next xpack? A year of nothing, ofc.
Wildstar? Which lacks content right out of the door?
Or are we looking outside of MMOs? Bioware pushing out content faster with DA2 certainly wasn’t well-received either, so there’s a negative precedent there. D3 went 2 years before it got more content, and it was only ~25% more, and the world isn’t large to begin with. PoE is still in it’s death throes so I doubt much will happen there.

No company releases lots of content fast.
For 2 weeks, Dry Top is quite good. Plus let’s be serious, adding new zones should be something done rarely, as it makes an already giant world even larger, each time they need to check whether Megaserver still fills each zone at least once over.

I kind of blame FF14ARR for that. I mean if you look at the patch content trailer that is released every 2.5 months compared to the GW2 content trailer you’ll notice FF14ARR looks more content meaty….

FF14ARR Patch 2.3 Defender of Eorzea trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYBu4dpZJBo

GW2 Gate of Maguuma Traler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-WUW_hPwcI

but then you get down to the bone of these content you find both game’s new content will only last a week anyways for players who rush through content.

However, GW2 is atleast releasing new areas as part of their content. FF14ARR isn’t going to release a new area until Shiva either in 2.4 or 2.5 which will most likely only be 1 new area.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I think doing something like that every three months would keep people much happier in the long run.

But independent of what you think, WoW clearly did the long-term experiment and showed a very significant ebb-and-flow based on patch and expansion releases.

Why does everyone feel the need to compare everything to what WoW did/does. It’s a totally different game that was P2P. You can’t really compare the two games.

in Living World

Carighan.6758

Why does everyone feel the need to compare everything to what WoW did/does. It’s a totally different game that was P2P. You can’t really compare the two games.

If anything, a game with no barrier to re-entry and no barrier to stopping play (no incentive to keep playing because of an ongoing sub) will have stronger play-tides.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Yeah, sorry but comparatively Season 2 Episode 1 is loads better than Season 1 Episode 1. I’m ok with that and every two weeks… it takes TOR months to come out with two Flashpoints or a small daily area.

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Don’t like drip feed content. Like to watch your TV shows on a binge. You have a choice. You can wait until Season 2 is over and buy all the episodes with gems then play Season 2 there is your expansion. Don’t want to buy that is fine. Just login during the release window but don’t play the episode until the season is done. Then you will get exactly what you would get in any other MMO. Lots of hours of playtime with new content once every 6-12 months or so. The reason why they took a two month break was so they could spend their time getting ahead of the game to deliver better quality polished content. They can not release the amount of content you want in a two week window. Time and budget will not allow it.

The reason why they release on a two week schedule is to keep people logging into the game playing keeping the population up. This is the same reason why they give it out for free instead of charging it during it’s release window. Due to this they will not move to a 6-12 month window for release.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Living World

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Fighting

• Defeat Three-Toed Tootsie
  • Challenge and Spar with Nochtli
  • Slay the Colocal Queen
  • Defeat the N4-SR before the Inquest can lock their base down
  • Even if you don’t go picking up the kites, you can stop the Inquest from doing that
  • Clear the Jungle Tendril
  • Cull the dust mites
  • Defeat the Devourer Queen
  • Defeat the dust mite twister

Exploring and Hunting

• Find the Coins
  • Lockbox hunting
  • Find the Llama in the mine
  • Map Completion

Misc

• Crafting items
  • Jump Puzzle

I like your list good sir! But finding the llama is not much of a feat, I stumbled upon it while searching for coins during the first day. The jumping puzzle is a simple and nice distraction, but it is done in 30seconds flat(60 seconds if we count the run from the prosperity WP.) To craft the new “items” unless you mean the foods ofcourse, you’re going to be ‘lockbox hunting’ as you put it, so surely you shouldn’t separate those 2 entities as the crafting is entirely dependant on you having performed said hunting before to even be viable as an option.

All in all theres not much content in this patch but the one part that bothers me, personally, is the lack of any real rewards from it.

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

All in all theres not much content in this patch but the one part that bothers me, personally, is the lack of any real rewards from it.

How is there no reward from it? You can get ascended weapons recipes. That drop a lot more than the back items did. And they don’t cost karma or Laurels to get. You have the scarf, goggles and mantle. There is plenty of rewards. They are just not handed to you like in the past because you did some tick box list.

in Living World

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

It is not that there is not much content. It is just not much that you either care for or pay attention too.

Those who participate in the wiki have been trying tracking changes to the minute detail in a effort and we have found the following. There may be much more that we have not found yet:

For new:

1 New Feature
7 New effects
5 Story Instances
2 New areas
20 New Events
15 New Items that are logged a lot of those items have new items associated with it that I did not count.
28 New Named NPC – Most with new dialog some with new skills and abilities. Named NPCs also have new skins.
9 Generic NPCs
2 New objects

For updated

14 Updated Named NPCs with new dialogue/location at the minimum.
20 Updated Generic NPCs with new locations and paths at the minimum.

Source:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2_Wiki:Projects/Living_World_changes/Gates_of_Maguuma

So instead of stating that there is not enough content. As there is plenty of content. State what content you would like to see. Keep in mind some people like the content that they are releasing. And despise what you say achievements are “content”.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Living World

Carighan.6758

Ah, I dunno.
In a game like GW2, just the stuff to play and the achievements to challenge is it’s own reward for me. But then I’m often like that in video games, I play for the gameplay itself. And to be fair, the scarf and goggles drop a lot.

in Living World

Posted by: Arleii.5304

Arleii.5304

I just don’t get why people complain about not getting content, when they for example even don’t bother to do the story. They ask for PROPER content. What is content? Apparently some grinding or I really don’t know what you people want. I see content as everything, because this game is about story happening on a planet known as Tyria. And if there is anything that expands the playable world and story, then, for me, it is content. I just can’t understand it, what you mean by content. Probably something long, boring and so-called hardcore. And then you will complain it is too hard. This is my only answer to topics like this and from now on I will ignore them. Just sharing my opinion…and I also think that most of people complaining about these things aren’t very creative…because then you would know that everything needs time.

Iin bhiin lan anath
. . .
ban galla nir

in Living World

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

What is deep content? It isn’t some standard definition. You may think 10 new maps + 3 new dungeons but for me if it is another southsun 2.0 map then it wouldn’t be deep content. I rather have 1 map plus story behind it.

3 full maps + a dungeon for 3 months is silly. People would be bored and complaining after. Honestly, the 2 week release will probably outpace this hypothetical 3 month content release you are proposing. If you don’t like episodic content then just log in and wait 1-2 months and play it. It is like TV if you can’t stand just watching one episode and having to wait to see what happens next then wait for it to be released all together and watch it.

S2 is different from S1. S1 story was temporary where if you didn’t do the story within the two week time period you wouldn’t be able to do it again. S2 you can repeat it even after the 2 week period before the next update. So in fact it is different which I don’t know why you can’t see that it is

in Living World

Posted by: Dragonhero.1852

Dragonhero.1852

How is this post helpful in any way?

in Living World

Carighan.6758

How is this post helpful in any way?

It allows the OP to feel smug about themselves. :P

in Living World

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

1. I like your list good sir! But finding the llama is not much of a feat, I stumbled upon it while searching for coins during the first day. The jumping puzzle is a simple and nice distraction, but it is done in 30seconds flat(60 seconds if we count the run from the prosperity WP.)

2. To craft the new “items” unless you mean the foods ofcourse, you’re going to be ‘lockbox hunting’ as you put it, so surely you shouldn’t separate those 2 entities as the crafting is entirely dependant on you having performed said hunting before to even be viable as an option.

1. I wasn’t really commenting on the difficulty, just what was added. Although, foolishly, I tried doing the jumping puzzle during the sandstorm on a Charr. Go figure.

2. While crafting is dependent on the lock box hunting, they are still two different tasks to themselves. Someone may not be crafting, but hunting lock boxes anyway.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Living World

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Like the OP , I am not a big fan of the drip feed content……hoping there is an expansion soon….

I am pretty sure that Living Story and the 2 week content additions are our expansions. At the end of the story, the total amount of content is supposed to equal an expansion packs worth of content.

I can be wrong about this, but this was my understanding of what their goal was for Living Story content.

in Living World

Posted by: Zelkovan.2630

Zelkovan.2630

See the bolded sentence in this paragraph shows a sort of expectations and reality disconnect with many people like the OP who make these posts.

Three new maps and a dungeon with three paths wouldn’t last 3 months. At tops it would last 1 month for the most hardcore who explore every nook and cranny of every map, dialogue, and dynamic events and 1 week for people who just blaze through everything. It wouldn’t make a difference. We would still get posts saying that the content wasn’t “deep” enough. Sure, I saw most of what Dry Top had to offer in this patch alone in a couple of hours, but that doesn’t mean the novelty has worn off. I’m still exploring and playing in the map, taking my time with it, listening to all the dialogue carefully and playing with other players. OP, if you expect to hop into a map do everything and not actually stick and look around, then it doesn’t matter how much “deep” content Anet makes, the posts will keep coming.

Also, the problem with season 1 wasn’t that there wasn’t enough meaningful content (there were tidbits here and there that were, but it was definitely a valid concern for many releases- though less valid towards the end) but rather that it was so poorly done. The beginning was SO slow and simple content wise (F&F, Southsun, Dragon Bash, Politics) while others had good features but were then promptly removed and caused outrage. The writing and story telling was almost non-existent in the earlier parts too and has since greatly improved since then, especially with this update.

What’s worse is that I see people saying that they could make something like Dry Top in a couple of days. I mean, Really? I used to make oblivion mods and when I went to create a map like Dry Top, filled with dialogue and environments, enemies, and events, it would take weeks. If we get a content update like Dry Top every two weeks or more per update, then season 2 will be amazing.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Now, I don’t mean this with any enmity but . . .

Given “proper deep content” is a personally subjective measurement, I think you might want to skip to the last page and pack up.

It doesn’t seem to be the mark GW2 is aiming for, much like “extravagant rewards” instead of achievements. Heck, GW1 didn’t even have achievements and there was still a lack of interesting things to do outside of UW/DoA and PvP content.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Haters gonna hate.

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

in Living World

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

For 60€ I have gotten almost 4.000 hours of gameplay.
60€ only gets me like 10-14 hours in most games. When I’ve seen what there is to see I don’t go on forums and demand more content, “OR ELSE!”
If you are getting tired of the game then … TAKE A BREAK! There is absolutely no sub fee.
Guild Wars 2 doesn’t have to be the only game you play.

in Living World

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

Too me it’s not about the amount of content (too much, too little), it’s about the replay-ability of the content. Almost all of the GW2 content is the same the 1st time or the 100th time. I

I would rather see caves & mini dungeons on each map with random hidden locations, traps, bosses and loot. Make player’s explore and find loot vs just reward it at the end, would be better, adding more long term play than this living world stuff.

in Living World

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

Too me it’s not about the amount of content (too much, too little), it’s about the replay-ability of the content. Almost all of the GW2 content is the same the 1st time or the 100th time. I

I would rather see caves & mini dungeons on each map with random hidden locations, traps, bosses and loot. Make player’s explore and find loot vs just reward it at the end, would be better, adding more long term play than this living world stuff.

Random generated dungeons would be amazing, no doubt about that.