King Toad Skins are too easy to obtain.

in Living World

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

It literally takes me about 20 – 25 minutes to finish all three zones in world 1 in tribulation mode. Then add another 2 gold… voila, you’ve got a skin.

Compare that to how hard a regular blue skin would be. Even though that should be obtainable from ‘’normal mode’‘. It just seems like there’s a huge discrepancy between them.

So you can get 28 Toad Skins. Good luck getting that many regular skins now. (Given that I missed the first two days, I’ll be getting 26 weapon skins… )

Now, this might be the same issue for World 2.
I personally haven’t tried doing world 2 yet for the simple reason that there were fixes on the way.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They’re “faster” to get than the normal skins. Not easier. You still need to be able to beat TM to begin with, which is not a small feat (at least not in the first place, though you may have mastered it at this point). All you need to do for the regular skins is beat some stages in Normal mode and farm some bauble, or get lucky with drops. Time consuming, but not exceedingly difficult. Or just buy them from the TP alternatively, something that doesn’t apply to TM weapons at all.

I don’t really see the harm in the TM weapons being quick to get once you get good with TM either. The individuals that can quickly beat TM may have dozens of TM skins, sure. It doesn’t mean that every individual suddenly has access to them and they’re meaningless, it just means those who can do TM well can have access to a number of the weapons. And those who struggle through TM probably won’t bother to get multiple skins either, its only the ones who get really good at it.

Besides, the alternatives are much worse. You could make them RNG to make them more time-consuming to get, but that would only serve to kitten people off I think, having to force their way through multiple times just to get a chance at a weapon and possibly still not getting one. You could require multiples of the “parts” (like, maybe, 3 of each) and at least it wouldn’t be luck-based, but I imagine plenty of people still wouldn’t appreciate being forced through multiple times, especially if they struggled the first time. You could make them require Bauble Bubbles like the normal skins do, but by doing that you’re preventing people who want the TM skins from working towards the normal rewards because they need to spend their Bubbles on the TM skins and so can’t save for the normal skins / mini (and it would also be bad for people who need to spend their Bubbles on continue coins just to beat TM and aren’t saving many anyway).

in Living World

eekzie.5640

The issue I have here is not that they are easy to obtain. And yes I do admit the first try at getting through the areas can be a bit time consuming.

The issue I have is that it’s this trivial for me to obtain something that is considered to be hard, and if I want the blue counterpart I have to put a boatload of time in. For one skin.

in Living World

Posted by: imaginary.6241

imaginary.6241

You mean like those legendaries I see everywhere? I see so many (sadly the majority of them) people with names like X ThiefZ X and Xx GuardIaN xX running around with them and wonder what great task they did to obtain them. They should never ever have made them sellable on the TP.

King Toad skins are time limited and can’t be obtained until playing though the Hardmode yourself. I think thats fine. I’m on a T1-Server an I don’t see that many of them. Way more legendary users. After 1 Month you can’t obtain them anymore so I believe thats completely fine. They should increase the difficulty to obtain legendaries though. Time gated and Soulbound.

Klakk Bumm. One of the Leaders of TxS, the European Tequatl Slayer Alliance.
Click to apply for Daily EU Tequatl Kills here
My Guides: xPvP Mighty Stealth Bomber

in Living World

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Hate to break the news to ya, but this is a mmo. You will not be a special unique snowflake, legendary (in this game) or any other attainable skin is not unique one of a kind per server…almost everything can be bought swap of a credit card, or time.

That being said, that’s ok, less worrying about how other players look on your screen & the game will be more enjoyable.

Personally I much rather see more legendary, ascended, time consuming skins….makes the view all that much better when playing.

JQ Druid

in Living World

eekzie.5640

You mean like those legendaries I see everywhere? I see so many (sadly the majority of them) people with names like X ThiefZ X and Xx GuardIaN xX running around with them and wonder what great task they did to obtain them. They should never ever have made them sellable on the TP.

King Toad skins are time limited and can’t be obtained until playing though the Hardmode yourself. I think thats fine. I’m on a T1-Server an I don’t see that many of them. Way more legendary users. After 1 Month you can’t obtain them anymore so I believe thats completely fine. They should increase the difficulty to obtain legendaries though. Time gated and Soulbound.

No, I’m talking about the discrepancy between the tribulation mode weapons and the regular ones.
The tribulation ones are easier to obtain than the regular skins.

Let’s say a legendary was easier to get than an ascended weapon. That wouldn’t make sense. And at this moment, I feel its exactly like that for SAB skins.

in Living World

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I disagree with the OP’s statement. In my case, it probably takes me a whole afternoon to finish a TM zone. On the other hand, with practice, it only takes a couple of hours a day to get approximately 17 bauble bubbles from normal mode. In short, I can get a blue weapon skin easily after 3 days of casual playing. In my opinion, even if you have 28 green or yellow weapon skins, they are still highly valuable to people like me who probably ever get them after wasting a lot of time. Besides, I don’t have any problems with not getting ALL the weapon skin set. Ain’t hoard every shinies with the current limited bank space.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

And even if, despite all previous comments, they are too easy to obtain, so what?
King Toad weapons are literally the easiest tribulation mode weapons. You will not find as many Storm Wizard weapons, I assure you. And you’ll see even less red or purple ones in the future.

It’s just a skin. If anyone wants to get them to feel special, they might feel ripped off.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: Keirion.9105

Keirion.9105

So it takes you 20-25 minutes to complete w1 trib mode.
It takes me 7-10 minutes to complete w1 normal mode.

That means it takes 2-3x as long to do it on trib mode even after you`ve learned how to farm it. For an easy, very short trib mode that`s reasonable.

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I don’t really see the harm in the TM weapons being quick to get once you get good with TM either. The individuals that can quickly beat TM may have dozens of TM skins, sure. It doesn’t mean that every individual suddenly has access to them and they’re meaningless, it just means those who can do TM well can have access to a number of the weapons. And those who struggle through TM probably won’t bother to get multiple skins either, its only the ones who get really good akitten.

Nothing else in the game functions like this. No matter how good you get at CoF or AC you still need to grind to get the skins. I personally don’t really care, I think the SAB rewards are all over the place. For some reason they are priviledged and not tied to the cash shop unlike almost every other weapon set added to the game (as someone who might have used sclerite skins and who thinks the SAB ones don’t belong in the game, it sucks the latter are far easier to obtain than the former and the cash shop option was the only one I was given). Now they are just handing them out for anyone who solves the puzzle (and can do so repeatedly). Then consider the arbitrary decision to remove the original skins from the returning rotation but making green versions available from tribulation… what are they thinking? SAB seems like one of the least consistently designed pieces of content in the game when it comes to rewards. The regular skins require more work to acquire than the prestige ones (grinding either mode of the mini-game is a bad idea in my mind).

in Living World

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Despite the fact that the “prestige” skills are fairly easy to get (at least the King Toad ones), I think you’d be surprised how many people do not want to put in the effort to get them.

Farming world one for baubles is mindless. Doing trib mode requires dedication and concentration. Many won’t bother.

Finally, the skins themselves aren’t all that popular either. You know, they’re kind of out there and complement almost no armor (luckily, it does work with magitech armor).

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Living World

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

You managed to memorize the World 1 trib mode, grats!

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The tribulation ones are easier to obtain than the regular skins.

Many would disagree with you. Secondly, what is easier, doing trib mode for the skin, or going to TP and purchasing the blue skin you want in 3secs? Easier, not cheaper.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….