Better keep your expectations low.
Really low.

Underwater map?

20 level 80s and counting.

LS2 teaser! (Trailer Link Incl) [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Dorian Ordenda.1398

Dorian Ordenda.1398

I’m not listening to all the forum naysayers.! Anet has never let us down. At least not me-looks amazing, awesome and I just don’t know what I’ll do with myself till next Tuesday. The music is so powerful and touching, the artwork incredible. They totally know how to put things together. Ahhh yes, I’m a fangirl, to be sure. Not one bit ashamed to admit it! I may have even got a tad choked up too. Yes, there’s a tear!

in Living World

Posted by: AudioCG.2674

AudioCG.2674

So how long do we get to have access to the magumma map. Because who knows if this will be permanent. Nothing good has been permanent.

If you were slightly updated, you’d known that ArenaNet said that Living Story S2 will consist of Permanent content.

It even says “permanent” in the trailer kitten …..

in Living World

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

meh. compared to the ffxiv trailer for their new patch,
which was also released today, this looks rather underwhelming.

in Living World

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

That’s it, all Arenanet employees should from now on be banned from watching Game of Thrones because as soon as we love something, they destroy/kill it

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

in Living World

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Really low.

Underwater map?

New underwater skills and weapons

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So how long do we get to have access to the magumma map. Because who knows if this will be permanent. Nothing good has been permanent.

If you were slightly updated, you’d known that ArenaNet said that Living Story S2 will consist of Permanent content.

They have announced that the STORY parts will be re-playable via the new journal. Assuming that means ALL the content used in LS2 is permanent is YOUR (incorrect) perception of what they actually stated.

Even assuming the title of this means a new zone to explore is also a kittenumption (tho I do hope it is).

Also, the assumption that the Zephs only have one ship is pretty far fetched.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Maguuma wastes looked like that in GW, devours and all.

This is most likely the area called Dry Top

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dry_Top

Makes sense.

Although I was expecting more of something like The Falls.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Falls

We have way too many brown dust maps already.

Stop. Linking. Guild Wars 1. Stuff.

Feels. And. Nostalgia. Too. Stronk.

in Living World

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

My totally crazy idea is that Zepherites survive the attack and are forced to build some sort of settlement in maguuma with heavy Cantha influences. Sort of a way to reintroduce a Asian type culture without all the baggage of Cantha. Wouldn’t that be cool.

in Living World

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Really low.

Underwater map?

Even lower.

Here’s my speculation:
Zepherites get kittened off at Tyria for blowing up their ship, and go back to Cantha.
Shiro flies to Tyria riding Kuunavang and kills everyone.
Cantha Empire Navy arrives and takes us to Guild Wars 1.

in Living World

Posted by: chronus.1326

chronus.1326

Maguuma wastes looked like that in GW, devours and all.

This is most likely the area called Dry Top

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dry_Top

Makes sense.

Although I was expecting more of something like The Falls.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Falls

We have way too many brown dust maps already.

Stop. Linking. Guild Wars 1. Stuff.

Feels. And. Nostalgia. Too. Stronk.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vabbi

Attachments:

(edited by chronus.1326)

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

They have announced that the STORY parts will be re-playable via the new journal. Assuming that means ALL the content used in LS2 is permanent is YOUR (incorrect) perception of what they actually stated.

Even assuming the title of this means a new zone to explore is also a kittenumption (tho I do hope it is).

Also, the assumption that the Zephs only have one ship is pretty far fetched.

I can see how one would feel that Living Story/World Season Two content would all be permanent from this statement by Colin:

Open world content additions to Living World updates will permanently expand or change the world of Tyria and will tie to the theme and story of the episode. This means you can play the open world content and the story content (if you’ve unlocked that episode) anytime you want, on every character you ever make on your account! You’re no longer limited to completing the episode during its two-week release window. This means that going forward, all of the content and all of the rewards for Living World will be permanent.

I’m sure some things will be of a more temporary nature, but it’s easy to think at least most of it will be permanent after reading the News Blog article.

in Living World

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

I was expecting a “Directed by Michael Bay” after the trailer.

Seems like everything in Tyria will eventually be blown up.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Looks like we will be getting new skills (mace jump?), a new map (desert place) and a new story.

I just hope there are new legendaries soon.

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Everyone in game right now (at least in my DR shard) is saying the Zephrytes being blown up is more anti-Cantha from NCSOFT and forcing Anet’s hand and squashing any sort of chance we will ever see our beloved continent. I don’t think that is true and people are just making up conspiracy theories just cause they can.

They also are saying all the Asian faces we have at creation and makeover kits, Majory and other Canthan descent popular-figures in the game and all our Canthan artifact items (ascended stuff and our jade weapons) will all be removed this update too.

They do that you know for sure I’ll never play this again. And never but a product form either company ever again.

So honest to god we better hope its just conspiracy theories.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Living World

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Really low.

Underwater map?

Even lower.

Here’s my speculation:
Zepherites get kittened off at Tyria for blowing up their ship, and go back to Cantha.
Shiro flies to Tyria riding Kuunavang and kills everyone.
Cantha Empire Navy arrives and takes us to Guild Wars 1.

That escalated quickly

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Everyone in game right now (at least in my DR shard) is saying the Zephrytes being blown up is more anti-Cantha from NCSOFT and forcing Anet’s hand and squashing any sort of chance we will ever see our beloved continent. I don’t think that is true and people are just making up conspiracy theories just cause they can.

They also are saying all the Asian faces we have at creation and makeover kits, Majory and other Canthan descent popular-figures in the game and all our Canthan artifact items (ascended stuff and our jade weapons) will all be removed this update too.

They do that you know for sure I’ll never play this again. And never but a product form either company ever again.

I doubt they will remove things, but they certainly won’t ever add any more.

The game is now synced up with china. They are developing for both games. It is illegal for them to include asian things that aren’t specifically Chinese in the Chinese version of the game. Thus it will never be developed for our version.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I don’t know who’s gonna blow up the zephyrites, but those dudes are in trouble.

THIS is becoming personnal.

I’m already sharpening the blades as we speak.
We hunt on July 1st, we hunt them down good.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Looks like we are going for a terrorist hunt in the Maguuma jungle…..

in Living World

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

A-Net really outdone themselves, the music synced perfectly with the trailer.

in Living World

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You’re surrounded by idiots.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

in Living World

Posted by: Ice of Dragons.1637

Ice of Dragons.1637

I like the idea of the ship being destroyed. Now i have a cause to hate the shooter or bomber. Its had to lose/destory important characters and structures but it makes for a good story.

in Living World

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Scratch that off the list of things to complain about!

Come on, there’s always “Just 1 map? RLY? What about ‘expansion size of content’?!” thing left :P

chuckle

As I said in another thread:

Honestly, even if they gave us 6 zones out in Wastes, a dozen new story missions, a new JP per map, a new in game armor skin per tier, and 60 new DEs per zone, people would still kitten. It still wouldn’t be ‘good enough.’ Nothing ever is any more. Its all “me me me, more more more!”

I think you’ve lost touch with reality — wipe the koolaid off your chin, you dribbled.

If ANet actually delivered a pile of content then maybe you’d have a more solid foundation to criticize those currently asking for content. If your expectation is the same fare as in LS1, then you must enjoy mediocre games.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

If I did the trailer, I would have showed Marjory’s sister, Belinda, walking in a group with other Seraphs into the Maguuma Jungle, just to give Belinda more spotlight after her appeareance in the Season 1 ending.

I would then have done a bird point of view over Maguuma Wastes, seeing Rox and Braham walking, and giving some other views on the surroundings, on how it looks like, and then, instant black screen with a soft drum sound, following up with a harsh sandstorm, with the siluette of new enemies, walking towards the camera.

At the end, you would see Marjory and Kasmeer standing somwhere in Maguuma Jungle, as they hear a dragon growl very far away, and you would see their eyes panicly look around, everwyehre around them. Black Screen. The End.

(edited by Moderator)

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So it looks like whatever secret cargo the Zephyrites were carrying was important enough to warrant them being attacked by someone. (I wonder if this will impact on future Bazaar festivals too…) And now the Biconics Co. gets called into action to go save them. Judging by the giant golem, the Inquest is somehow involved, and I wouldn’t put it past the Aetherblades to make a showing too.

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I did NOT expected that in the trailer! I was like ’’Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Not destroying the beautiful Winds of Zephyrite ships
Ohhh whyy.. WHYY?!?

Although I am very exciting about the new ZONE, FINALLY!!! MAGUUMAAA!!
White mantle, please, do something bad.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

The game is now synced up with china. They are developing for both games. It is illegal for them to include asian things that aren’t specifically Chinese in the Chinese version of the game. Thus it will never be developed for our version.

What, like the Tengu?

in Living World

Posted by: Jorvych.3064

Jorvych.3064

What, like the Tengu?

It’s not illegal, what? Huh?
Also, I highly doubt they’ll take away ascended armor.

in Living World

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Very cool teaser!

And well done ArenaNet writers. You bring the Sanctum back to show the Zephyrites as peaceful, helpful allies (and to introduce them to players who hadn’t seen them) who freely give aid in a time of need then turn things around and require the players to help them in turn.

We don’t know who attacked them, but as long as it doesn’t take half a year to find out, this is giving me hope for the next chapter of the Living Story.

Whoever they are, I already want to make them pay for hurting those poor Zephyrites Although a bit of armor plating might help when they rebuild the Sanctum.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

in Living World

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

my personal bets and analiss of the trailer:

- The trailer shows clearly a new area. But i think it is just the west-south corner of the brisban map. Hopefully im wrong and they add a new entire map, but i thing that on 1st july, we’ll just see a small corner of a present map (I mean, the patch it is called the door of Maguuma, right? the door is before entering the place…)

Judging by the video description of the trailer, you might be right about it being Brisban – at least for now:

“The Zephyrites have met with trouble, and there are rumors of a disturbance in the tangled western reaches of Brisban Wildlands. Work together with your friends and Marjory, Kasmeer, Rox, Braham, and Taimi to discover what’s going on! Log in on July 1 to experience the start of Living World Season 2 and unlock the story content permanently in your Journal!”

I still hope for Dry Top though…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

in Living World

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

It does make me wonder more about the things Taimi says in her log entry, something among the lines of the Zephyrites taking on a lot of cargo and being very eager to go wherever they are going. I’m now curious about what their cargo is, and where they were going (I’m guessing not Cantha because that’s South of where they currently are and Maguuma is all the way to the West)

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

in Living World

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Once again, anet misses the boat entirely…

With the intro of the journal, why didn’t they post the window of opportunity where players can access (unlock) this content for free? If i understand this new system correctly, we would have to purchase it off the gem store to get access to any new map (assuming there is one) if we don’t/can’t show up for any LS2 releases. If that’s the case, why isn’t that part of this teaser release?

I’m at a loss as to why information like this is so vague.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Come on, there’s always “Just 1 map? RLY? What about ‘expansion size of content’?!” thing left :P

chuckle

Honestly, even if they gave us 6 zones out in Wastes, a dozen new story missions, a new JP per map, a new in game armor skin per tier, and 60 new DEs per zone, people would still kitten. It still wouldn’t be ‘good enough.’ Nothing ever is any more. Its all “me me me, more more more!”

I think you’ve lost touch with reality — wipe the koolaid off your chin, you dribbled.

If ANet actually delivered a pile of content then maybe you’d have a more solid foundation to criticize those currently asking for content. If your expectation is the same fare as in LS1, then you must enjoy mediocre games.

I’ve lost touch with reality huh? Open your eyes and take a good look around you…

It’s not just in games that we see this “me me me” mentality, it’s a disease spreading around the world in real life. We’ve raised a generation of self entitled brats that have little to no discipline or respect. But sure, I’m the one that’s “lost touch with reality.” Ha.

No, I don’t expect the same as we got in LS1; however there’s a difference between those of us that realized LS1 was a testing ground (which did get better as it progressed) and the people that were calling for full blow expansion six months after the game released. With the exception of GW1, other games don’t get their first expansions until a year and half to two years after launch (SWOTR 1.5, Tera 1.5, WoW 2, etc). They might get a smallish update that adds a dungeon or two, but in those regards LS1 puts GW2 on par.

Beyond that ANet has spent the last several months spending significant time revamping the game and releasing in China, which (as has been explained) is essentially like launching the game all over again. No minor piece of work, and something completely new for them (keep in mind that GW1 never “officially” released in China). So yeah, realistically, I did not expect an expansion due to that. Anet isn’t as big as certain other companies in order to field that amount of development. It’s not like they didn’t do anything in that time frame.

We have no idea what, or even how much, content LS2 will provide. What we do know is that no matter how much it does (or does not) there will always be someone that will kitten. As already seen by the ‘what do you really expect type’ threads that have already started.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

in Living World

Posted by: Golden Monkey.6137

Golden Monkey.6137

Yay more of the same!

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

With the intro of the journal, why didn’t they post the window of opportunity where players can access (unlock) this content for free? If i understand this new system correctly, we would have to purchase it off the gem store to get access to any new map (assuming there is one) if we don’t/can’t show up for any LS2 releases. If that’s the case, why isn’t that part of this teaser release?

Um you realize you realize that’s what a “tease” is, right? Have you never seen a teaser movie trailer? It gives you some quick clips, a glimpse here and there, but no actual information. Just enough to make you go ‘hm, that might be interesting.’ (There is a distinct different between a ‘teaser’ trailer, and a ‘theatrical’ trailer)

The dates it’s accessible, along with all other relevant information that doesn’t ruin any of the ’discovery aspect, will be available on the first.

in Living World

munkiman.3068

Um you realize you realize that’s what a “tease” is, right? Have you never seen a teaser movie trailer? It gives you some quick clips, a glimpse here and there, but no actual information. Just enough to make you go ‘hm, that might be interesting.’ (There is a distinct different between a ‘teaser’ trailer, and a ‘theatrical’ trailer)

The dates it’s accessible, along with all other relevant information that doesn’t ruin any of the ’discovery aspect, will be available on the first.

Completely missing the point, but ok.

We already know the date it’s going to be accessible… My question was about unlocking the event in the journal and whether a new zone would be available to everyone or if you’d have to buy the unlock on the gem store if you miss out. We know there is at least one new map, given the portal indicator image, which is a dead give-away.

in Living World

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

We already know the date it’s going to be accessible… My question was about unlocking the event in the journal and whether a new zone would be available to everyone or if you’d have to buy the unlock on the gem store if you miss out. We know there is at least one new map, given the portal indicator image, which is a dead give-away.

I’m not sure if this is the information you are looking for, but here you go:

“To unlock an episode and have it added to your story Journal, you simply need to log in to the game during the two-week period that the release is live to be given permanent, free access to the storyline of that episode. Once you’ve unlocked it by simply logging in, you can replay that episode’s storyline on any character on your account as many times as you like from your story Journal forever. Past episodes will be available for purchase for 200 gems. (Don’t forget you can earn gold and purchase gems to unlock the episode for your account).”

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-story-journal/

So as far as I understand it, you can unlock a journal entry and the living story content attached to it by simply logging in once duing the 2-week time frame the living story is active – just logging in, nothing else required. Only if you totally miss out on that login by not being online during that whole time period, you can purchase the journal entry for 200 gems afterwards.

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well, that would fall under ‘all relevant information,’ would it not?

However, we already have some of that info you’re asking about.

In regard to unlocking it in the journal, all you have to do is log in during the time period the release is active. If you don’t log in during the active period, then yes you have to pay for the instanced content that goes into the journal if you desire the story progression and achievements associated with it. If you just want to experience the story content and don’t care about the rest, you can simply tag along with someone that has it in their journal. Could do that as a means of previewing it too, I suppose, to determine if you want to buy it.

We were told during the twitch stream that all the open world stuff would be available to everyone. A new map, technically speaking, would be ‘open world’ content, would it not? I suppose it could be locked if you don’t log in, but I didn’t get that impression from the twitch stream. Not if you can tag along for the story instances with someone that has it if you don’t, since you’d need to be in the zone the instance is in, and (at this point) other people can’t zone you into another map.

Edit: And here’s the twitch stream we all keep mentioning: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4412034

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

According to the Devs, any Open World content (such as maps, etc.) won’t be locked behind the Story Journal and it’s mode of access. If they release a new map or maps, it will be available to everyone (of course, depending on Level) whether they have logged into the game during the release window, or not.

You can hear more about it on the relevant Twitch Livestream.

in Living World

munkiman.3068

Well, that would fall under ‘all relevant information,’ would it not?

However, we already have some of that info you’re asking about.

In regard to unlocking it in the journal, all you have to do is log in during the time period the release is active. If you don’t log in during the active period, then yes you have to pay for the instanced content that goes into the journal if you desire the story progression and achievements associated with it. If you just want to experience the story content and don’t care about the rest, you can simply tag along with someone that has it in their journal. Could do that as a means of previewing it too, I suppose, to determine if you want to buy it.

We were told during the twitch stream that all the open world stuff would be available to everyone. A new map, technically speaking, would be ‘open world’ content, would it not? I suppose it could be locked if you don’t log in, but I didn’t get that impression from the twitch stream. Not if you can tag along for the story instances with someone that has it if you don’t, since you’d need to be in the zone the instance is in, and (at this point) other people can’t zone you into another map.

Edit: And here’s the twitch stream we all keep mentioning: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/4412034

Ahh thanks. I still find it odd that the post on the journal info page there isn’t more about new maps and the like being part of the unlocking process (i get the story and achievement bit). Curious too that you could do it with someone that has it unlocked, yet you don’t. I figured this was more of a way to get money for expansion type content.

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Ahh thanks. I still find it odd that the post on the journal info page there isn’t more about new maps and the like being part of the unlocking process (i get the story and achievement bit). Curious too that you could do it with someone that has it unlocked, yet you don’t. I figured this was more of a way to get money for expansion type content.

Just rewatched the twitch, and yes maps (which are open world) will be available for all. (Incase you hadn’t watched it yet)

I think a lot of people saw this as just another money grab, but I very much like that you can get it for free, and can still experience it even if you don’t buy it (by tagging along). Having the achievements and such are the enticement to buy it, and since they’ve mentioned that the achievements will give material rewards, depending on what they are and how hard they are, that might be sufficient draw for some people.

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

chuckle

Maybe… if they did that over the past 2 years, I would be satisfied. Right now… even this announcement is pretty much ‘oh is that it?’ for me. This game needed content the past 2 years, we didn’t get it, now it’s too late.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Living World

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

Maybe… if they did that over the past 2 years, I would be satisfied. Right now… even this announcement is pretty much ‘oh is that it?’ for me. This game needed content the past 2 years, we didn’t get it, now it’s too late.

yes to the first

nope to the second, when anet makes great content, people will play it. there is no subscription fee, most hard discs are large enough to just keep gw2 and you can do most of the lS content with rare gear.

people were let down and left, playing other games but they’ll come check it out since it is very convenient to do so. No gear, experience, money or “other” barriers in place at the moment, just one’s ego

I left but I will check out the new content, then probably leave again or, if the content lasts long enough, stay.

(edited by Michael Walker.8150)

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I didn’t mean people won’t check it out, because I will. I did mean, it won’t be enough to keep people playing right now. Maybe they’ll enjoy the new content (of which we don’t know what it will be yet), but it’s probable that after the first week most will have done all there is to do, and go right back to other games.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Living World

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

it’s just possible not necessarily probable, chances are anet learned enough to make better and more extensive content, it probably will be better than ls1 based on how mediocre it was.

gw2’s business model doesn’t require players who play for several hours every day to make their subscription fee worth the cost.

the permanent content also helps spreading the active players from “all within the first 3 days” to more of a trickle and with megaservers density will still be given at any time.

in theory.

the temporary content for a year basically meant that 1/10 of one year worth of work was availlable for a brief period of time at a time while you couldn’t access the other episodes which was insane from a series point of view, less content in less time, just makes no sense.

now, yes, the first release might not be enough to cover those months but as soon as the second release hits people can still play everything from the first which is already double the content we were used from LS1_availlable_to us, not necessarily relevant.

in Living World

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

chuckle

I’ve lost touch with reality huh? Open your eyes and take a good look around you…

It’s not just in games that we see this “me me me” mentality, it’s a disease spreading around the world in real life. We’ve raised a generation of self entitled brats that have little to no discipline or respect. But sure, I’m the one that’s “lost touch with reality.” Ha.

No, I don’t expect the same as we got in LS1; however there’s a difference between those of us that realized LS1 was a testing ground (which did get better as it progressed) and the people that were calling for full blow expansion six months after the game released. With the exception of GW1, other games don’t get their first expansions until a year and half to two years after launch (SWOTR 1.5, Tera 1.5, WoW 2, etc). They might get a smallish update that adds a dungeon or two, but in those regards LS1 puts GW2 on par.

Beyond that ANet has spent the last several months spending significant time revamping the game and releasing in China, which (as has been explained) is essentially like launching the game all over again. No minor piece of work, and something completely new for them (keep in mind that GW1 never “officially” released in China). So yeah, realistically, I did not expect an expansion due to that. Anet isn’t as big as certain other companies in order to field that amount of development. It’s not like they didn’t do anything in that time frame.

We have no idea what, or even how much, content LS2 will provide. What we do know is that no matter how much it does (or does not) there will always be someone that will kitten. As already seen by the ‘what do you really expect type’ threads that have already started.

Yes yes, that sounds nice but…

Your post was really aimed to belittle all critics of GW2. It’s easy to wipe away the flurry of complaints as “entitlement mentality” but that’s a gross simplification and not accurate.

You can play coy about it, but that was really your aim in this post and in the other topic that you also referenced.

I however expect more from GW2 — LS2 better blow my socks off or it’s game over.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Living World

LanfearShadowflame.3189

chuckle

Yes yes, that sounds nice but…

Your post was really aimed to belittle all critics of GW2. It’s easy to wipe away the flurry of complaints as “entitlement mentality” but that’s a gross simplification and not accurate.

You can play coy about it, but that was really your aim in this post and in the other topic that you also referenced.

I however expect more from GW2 — LS2 better blow my socks off or it’s game over.

No, my post was aimed at those that whine no matter what Anet does. Which, you obviously felt offended by. There’s a difference between being ‘critical’ and ‘whining, kittening, and moaning simply because you can.’

We’ve already seen people whining, and we don’t even know what we’ll get, which only proves my point.