LS5-Announcement speculations

in Living World

Posted by: Zaraki.5784

Zaraki.5784

It’s almost 2 months since previous LS4 (8th february), it’s time for the announcement of LS5. It’ll be today or next week (or even later) in your opinion?

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

SAB is running until 20 april, and I very much doubt they’ll overlap it with the new episode. That means I bet S3E5 to come at the earliest 25 april. Announcements have been one week ahead lately, so probably not before 18 of april.

in Living World

Zaraki.5784

I am really hoping it’ll come out before the end of SAB.

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I am really hoping it’ll come out before the end of SAB.

I hoped that LS3Ch5 would just come when it was finished, but it is my fear they will wait for SABane-of-my-existence to finish

in Living World

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

There’s a major holiday coming up around the 15th/16th of this month in large parts of the world, which might be a reason for ANet to not release a new update at that time. The 25th sounds like a much more likely release date for the next episode.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

There’s a major holiday coming up around the 15th/16th of this month in large parts of the world, which might be a reason for ANet to not release a new update at that time. The 25th sounds like a much more likely release date for the next episode.

Do you mean Easter (Ishtar, Påsen)? Sunday isn’t a working day regardless, monday maybe, but that’s just 1 day delay

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

S5 wont release during a festival. I suspect it’ll be a couple of weeks after or after the pvp season ends, whichever comes first.

in Living World

Zaraki.5784

I would be inclined to exclude the end of pvp season (1st may), it’s way too late!

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

I wouldn’t expect a release until May. We might get a statement on a content release by late April.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Do you mean Easter (Ishtar, Påsen)? Sunday isn’t a working day regardless, monday maybe, but that’s just 1 day delay

It’s worth considering that while some folks do observe the religious holiday, a non-trivial part of the playerbase probably have what amounts to a “free day” on which they have nothing to do other than play games — thanks to religiously driven days off in an increasingly secular set of societies…

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

It’s worth considering that while some folks do observe the religious holiday, a non-trivial part of the playerbase probably have what amounts to a “free day” on which they have nothing to do other than play games — thanks to religiously driven days off in an increasingly secular set of societies…

Yes, but that propably won’t affect anet having a day of on Monday (if they do that)

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I wouldn’t expect it until after the PvP season.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

why? since when do either team wait for the other to finish? they’re two different game modes, bud

in Living World

Randulf.7614

why? since when do either team wait for the other to finish? they’re two different game modes, bud

Pvp and pve seasons have not clashed during ls3 at all yet iirc, i assume to spread content evenly so players arent conflicted between game modes too much.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

Pvp and pve seasons have not clashed during ls3 at all yet iirc, i assume to spread content evenly so players arent conflicted between game modes too much.

I feel like this discussion has been had on the forums before, and I think the general consensus at the time was that there was corrolation between content releases in PvE and PvP. It’s not a fact of course, but I think it’s safe to assume if LS3ch5 is done, we’ll get a trailer in the week SAB ends, and the content the week later (IF)

in Living World

Posted by: Susy.7529

Susy.7529

Am I the only one who hope that it’ll be released before the end of SAB?

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

There’s “hope,” and there’s pragmatism.
Festival content is there to pad out things while the dev teams get their stuff together. It’s reasonable to assume that SAB will “give us something to do” until the next Current Events segment is ready. Though, that might be something that comes up in a week or two to precede the next Living Story episode.
I wouldn’t expect it less than 3 months from the previous release, though, which is why I would predict a May release.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

There’s “hope,” and there’s pragmatism.
Festival content is there to pad out things while the dev teams get their stuff together. It’s reasonable to assume that SAB will “give us something to do” until the next Current Events segment is ready. Though, that might be something that comes up in a week or two to precede the next Living Story episode.
I wouldn’t expect it less than 3 months from the previous release, though, which is why I would predict a May release.

Also usually easier to maintain things if you don’t make too many changes to the server at the same time. It makes sense that they would wait from a pragmatic standpoint.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Personally, I think they absolutely want to launch it within the stated 2-3 month interval, so I’d guess 2nd may as the absolute latest target date, with the 25th april as slightly more likely.

Edit: Actually, I’ve changed my mind. With the PvP season ending 1st of may, that does bump thr likelyhood of 2nd may for E5 a bit in my eyes…

(edited by Tanner Blackfeather.6509)

in Living World

Randulf.7614

2nd May makes the most sense to me too.

in Living World

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Yes, but that propably won’t affect anet having a day of on Monday (if they do that)

I doubt it’s about whether or not the players have a day off, but from what I’ve seen ANet seems to be a little light on staff during the major holidays (understandably, they’ve got family, too), and it’s not a good idea to put a release into a time slot where you know you’ll have several people take days off just before or after the release. They’ll need all hands on deck both to polish the release and in case anything goes wrong (which for software of this size is pretty much unavoidable).

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s not usual in the US to have days off before or after Easter. Thus, not sure if any upcoming holidays would affect the studio.

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I am tired, the first thing I thought of when I read that was ‘Other countries have their taxes due on the 15th too? And, why in the world would they consider it a holiday?’

SBI

in Living World

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

My first thought when reading this line was “when was the last day to file your taxes considered a holiday?”

In the US, most companies do not give a day off for Easter, before or after the fact. The last holiday we had at my workplace was President’s Day in mid-February. The next holiday? Memorial Day at the very end of May.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

I’m not your bud.

I’m not your guy, buddy

in Living World

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s almost 2 months since previous LS4 (8th february), it’s time for the announcement of LS5. It’ll be today or next week (or even later) in your opinion?

The 2nd of May?

That’s my guess after the information that’s come to light.

in Living World

Zaraki.5784

The 2nd of May?

That’s my guess after the information that’s come to light.

2nd or 9th, 99% sure now.

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Maybe not….read this post :https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ep5-update/first#post6551541

But, Peter Fries was tweeting yesterday about how much he enjoyed hearing John DiMaggio read dialogue he wrote, so at least we know one character we’ll be seeing. :-)

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Maybe not….read this post :https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Ep5-update/first#post6551541

But, Peter Fries was tweeting yesterday about how much he enjoyed hearing John DiMaggio read dialogue he wrote, so at least we know one character we’ll be seeing. :-)

You think Gonza is making an appearance in Episode 5?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

That guy voices random male norn and we have Jormag so…

Not guaranteed that our favorite salad will make an appearance – though he is a major character so it’s a high probability.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Even if it is only random male norns, that then tells us we might be headed north. But I hope it’s the prickly snark master; I find him very entertaining.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I suspect what Konig was suggesting was that many of the voice actors do lots of voices, so the fact that a specific actor is still recording doesn’t mean that we have any information at all about what comes next.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Pretty much.

/15charr

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Living World

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

I’ve just saw the update post… And I speculate that I won’t be able to play ep5 before giving birth, Mordykitten. I should somehow make my guildies wait for me, so I’m not alone when I get to play it. And to avoid spoilers.

in Living World

Amaimon.7823

I’ve just saw the update post… And I speculate that I won’t be able to play ep5 before giving birth, Mordykitten. I should somehow make my guildies wait for me, so I’m not alone when I get to play it. And to avoid spoilers.

No worries. Just log in for 5 seconds when you pass your computer by, and the content will be free and really 8 waiting for you when you come back later.
Congratulations and best of luck.

in Living World

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

No worries. Just log in for 5 seconds when you pass your computer by, and the content will be free and really 8 waiting for you when you come back later.
Congratulations and best of luck.

No prob there, I should be able to unlock it in time (or can let my husband take care of it). I just selfishly hoped I’d be able to play some more before the baby’s born

And thank you

in Living World

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

Huuummmm… If we did not get a trailer this week, does this means that the next ep will be released in may? (considering that the 3rd month is in may 8 )

in Living World

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Huuummmm… If we did not get a trailer this week, does this means that the next ep will be released in may? (considering that the 3rd month is in may 8 )

This week was patch week, so the trailer should be next week and release the week after (May 2).