Living World Update - Well done overall!

in Living World

Posted by: alaskasnowgirl.6047

alaskasnowgirl.6047

I see a lot of negativity on here today so I wanted to do a more positive/balanced review of the Living World Update of Flashpoint.

There will be spoilers!

I think the plot was excellent. I loved how they dropped little hints at who Lazarus would be even from the time of the bloodstone exploding like the scorch marks on the ground.
Additionally Primordus actually looked freaking kitten and awesome. I was so happy after the disappointment that was Mordremoth’s mind.
I very much appreciated them finally adding the map items like winterberries etc to material storage it was a really nice touch.
Additionally, although I don’t plan to craft legendary armor it is awesome that you can swap the runes and sigils!

The only negative things to me are the interactions in dragon’s watch (so sick of the dialogue and infighting – can Kas and Marj just break up already and can Braham go back to Holbrak and sulk and never bother the player character again?). I honestly would be content if everyone decided to leave the team except Rytlock and Taimi, as they are the only useful and non-annoying ones.

Legendary Armor design and the last 2 weapons as well have been underwhelming. A lot of people have suggested crowd sourcing design ideas and I think that would be a good idea! Anet could hold a contest and reward the winner with gems or something!

(edited by alaskasnowgirl.6047)

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

My main criticism of this patch had to do with dialogue of the player character. This would have been the PERFECT time to have unique dialogue based on race, given their varying attitudes towards “Lazurus.”

Have the humans be confused! The charr could be outright hostile! Asura could be unimpressed! This should have been a very polarizing moment for the characters and it was wasted.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Living World

Posted by: Akame.8736

Akame.8736

That’s a really good point, Drarnor! It would have been just that little bit more impressive to have some race-based differences.

in Living World

Posted by: alaskasnowgirl.6047

alaskasnowgirl.6047

My main criticism of this patch had to do with dialogue of the player character. This would have been the PERFECT time to have unique dialogue based on race, given their varying attitudes towards “Lazurus.”

Have the humans be confused! The charr could be outright hostile! Asura could be unimpressed! This should have been a very polarizing moment for the characters and it was wasted.

I like that idea! I’ve only played it on a sylvari so I felt my character’s confused reaction wasn’t out of place but it everyone acts the same that IS pretty disappointing.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

Not to mention the return of a Certain GW1 Golem as well. How can so many not mention this loveable Golem’s return!

Hope he joins Dragon’s Watch because it time for him to join the GW2 hero just like his time with the GW1 Hero. Sad he could not bring his pet but I’m certain his little friend will be ok….. maybe.

Now we just need Razah to return and maybe join Dragon’s Watch.

(edited by EdwinLi.1284)

in Living World

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Absolutely. The game is at its best, IMO, when it remembers that it actually features five very different playable races, and offers different dialog options accordingly.