Living World makes me sad

in Living World

Posted by: Axiom.6137

Axiom.6137

I can empathize with having a busy life and not always being able to fit my gaming schedule in between work, home life, and social commitments. Your comments are not lost on us.

We’re exploring some ideas for the future, including a system that would allow certain bits of Living World content to be accessed independent of the release. Plans and designs have not been solidified yet, so I want to temper your expectations. But if you have any opinions on the matter feel free to let us know. We’re already looking at ways to leave some LW content behind to evolve Tyria and improve the game. This would be one element of it, should we decide to build such a feature.

I would love to see Living World. Living Story is not a Living World. It’s mostly temporary content that does nothing to make the greater game world feel alive. A few months ago I might have conceded it makes Lion’s Arch alive, but, to be honest, Living Story has just become an overload of linear hoops to jump through, so I can’t even give it credit for achieving it’s goals on even the scale of a single Tyrian city.

Living World would be the evolution of every game zone by updating, evolving or replacing existing Dynamic Events in a way that allowed each zone to tell a story over time via what occurs there.

The type of stuff we get in the living story is the kind of stuff that’s fun as part of an occasional holiday event. Monthly or now twice monthly is just an overload of sweets, with a complete lack of meat.

At this point, many of us would be happy if Living Story would be completely phased out and real, long term or naturally evolving Dynamic Events across the game world would take it’s place.

in Living World

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

The Living Story concept was never a particularly good one, frankly, at least not the way it’s been been implemented.

The “Living Story” should have just been permanent expansions to the personal story that were gated by instanced story advancement. They should leave marks on the world in the form of phasing after steps were completed, etc, and should have ended with replayable story dungeons (i.e. Molten Weapons Facility and Aetherblade Retreat).

Nobody wants temporary content that, after a year of heavy focus on it, leaves the game with very little to show for it, especially when the game is so young and there are so many better things to spend development time on like PS expansion, new zones, events, skills, skins, ally mechanics, housing, etc. etc. etc.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

in Living World

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

I can empathize with having a busy life and not always being able to fit my gaming schedule in between work, home life, and social commitments. Your comments are not lost on us.

We’re exploring some ideas for the future, including a system that would allow certain bits of Living World content to be accessed independent of the release. Plans and designs have not been solidified yet, so I want to temper your expectations. But if you have any opinions on the matter feel free to let us know. We’re already looking at ways to leave some LW content behind to evolve Tyria and improve the game. This would be one element of it, should we decide to build such a feature.

What about adding a mechanic like the Guild Wars bonus mission pack? Some type of historians that allow you to ‘re-live’ epic moments in Guild Wars 2 “history”.

in Living World

Posted by: Simon De Borovsk.7460

Simon De Borovsk.7460

In My Opinion it would be an interesting idea for Arenanet to consider to release an Annual Expansion pack which includes all the Living Story events as Permanent Content. Playable in a similar way as the Guild Wars Bonus Mission Pack…
though the Titles and Rewards should be achievable for those who will chose to purchase such Content Pack/Expansion.

such solution would be financially good for Arenanet, as well will solve almost all the issues being raised by so many players, who just can’t schedule their life with the Living Story Schedule.

in Living World

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

We should make a form letter for people to fill out, because these posts always follow the same format.

Please check all that apply.

You are Currently Threatening to:

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[ ] Tell the Internet That You are Upset
[x] cry at night in my sleep
[x] dream of perm content
[x] cry of happiness in my dream
[x] wake up in panic of LS ending
[x] thinking of life of free temp living story
[x] kick the dog

Thank you!

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in Living World

Posted by: Aerial.4380

Aerial.4380

I would love to see Living World. Living Story is not a Living World. It’s mostly temporary content that does nothing to make the greater game world feel alive. A few months ago I might have conceded it makes Lion’s Arch alive, but, to be honest, Living Story has just become an overload of linear hoops to jump through, so I can’t even give it credit for achieving it’s goals on even the scale of a single Tyrian city.

Living World would be the evolution of every game zone by updating, evolving or replacing existing Dynamic Events in a way that allowed each zone to tell a story over time via what occurs there.

The type of stuff we get in the living story is the kind of stuff that’s fun as part of an occasional holiday event. Monthly or now twice monthly is just an overload of sweets, with a complete lack of meat.

At this point, many of us would be happy if Living Story would be completely phased out and real, long term or naturally evolving Dynamic Events across the game world would take it’s place.

This. I’m tired of festivals and mini games. I want to go out into the larger world and enjoy the game content.

Honestly, the end game of GW2 has been a disappointment. I freely admit to being a casual player (married, children, job, life, etc). Orr is a terrible place to go by yourself, and these days there are only a few places that have any regular dynamic events going on. At least if there were hearts there (or living story quests of some sort) there would be something to do beyond trying to get to that last point of interest despite the [Group Event] champion wandering around nearby.

I was hoping that the living story would infuse the larger game world with reasons for people to get back out into the zones, and with new things to do and accomplish in familiar and out of the way places.

in Living World

Posted by: Comicus.4036

Comicus.4036

We should make a form letter for people to fill out, because these posts always follow the same format.

You are:

[x] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[x ] Employed
[x] Have Pets
[x] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[ ] Have a Life
[ ] Have no Manual Dexterity

You Think Living World is too:

[ ] Hard
[x] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary
[ ] Full of Jumping Puzzles

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[x] Fill in silly form letters because it is more fun than playing for 2 minutes
———————————

Thank you!

Had to laugh. Had to do it. Have to say well done to you.

in Living World

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I was going to fill out the checklist but there is are no check boxes for:

[ ] Retired
[ ] Significant Other Games with me

If there was ….

You are:
[x] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[ ] Employed
[x] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life
[x] Retired
[x] Significant Other Games with Me

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ ] Temporary
[x] Full of Jumping Puzzles

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[x] Fill in silly form letters because it is more fun than playing for 2 minutes

Theftwind (HoD)

in Living World

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

Your team is still exploring ideas? Isn’t it time to stop exploring and actually deliver something with substance besides a biweekly rotation of achievements? Isn’t it time to actually have a solid idea of what the game’s direction will be?

Here’s an idea. Go look at some other MMOs. I know people will say, “Well this isn’t that game”. My point is that many, if not most, of us have played other MMOs. Those MMOs release regular content which stays in the flipping game. This set our expectations for new content to be delivered.This living story thing has great potential, but at this point it’s fluff. Some awesome dungeons have been made in the LS and they’ve vanished with wind. The argument that those were time sensitive is just rubbish – the very dungeons that establish the core of the game are time sensitive because they represent a point in the story’s timeline. Yet, we still have them.

I love this game, but I don’t feel like there are enough activities to keep me involved long term. I play an MMO because I want a long term activity. I realize you’re not making the decisions there, but it’s tiring seeing another round of achievements to chase instead of something to actually explore.

I want to spend money on this game, I want to support your team, and I want to play the game. But I’m not spending any more money on it until I see something of substance. I’d buy an expansion, for a reasonable price, just so I could have new things to dig my characters’ teeth into.

in Living World

Posted by: Destai.9603

Destai.9603

This. I’m tired of festivals and mini games. I want to go out into the larger world and enjoy the game content.

Honestly, the end game of GW2 has been a disappointment. I freely admit to being a casual player (married, children, job, life, etc). Orr is a terrible place to go by yourself, and these days there are only a few places that have any regular dynamic events going on. At least if there were hearts there (or living story quests of some sort) there would be something to do beyond trying to get to that last point of interest despite the [Group Event] champion wandering around nearby.

I was hoping that the living story would infuse the larger game world with reasons for people to get back out into the zones, and with new things to do and accomplish in familiar and out of the way places.

Heck, I’m a casual player. I’m still under 600 hours into the game. I’d still love to see some real end-game. It doesn’t even have to be a gear treadmill. I’d just love to see new lands, instances for more than 8 players, and more lands for WvW.

If they’re out of ideas, then I certainly supply them. Heck, go look at GW1. Let’s do some UW or FoW. Let’s get more instances to play through – follow ups to stories already completed, like Orr. I’d love to see world bosses in every zone.

in Living World

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

You are:

[x ] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[x ] Employed
[x ] Have Pets
[x ] Have Children
[x ] Are an Adult
[x ] Have a Life
[+/- ] Have no Manual Dexterity – debatable

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ x] Temporary
[ x] Full of Jumping Puzzles

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[ x] Tell the Internet That You are Upset

Thank you!

:P

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Living World

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Oh this is handy!
Every thread should have it.

You are:

[ ] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[ ] Employed
[ ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[x] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary FLUFF

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[x] Feed Colins’ Dog Zhaitaffy so he farts up his place
[x] Never really do the above
[x] Tell the Internet That You are Upset

Thank you!

DONE!
That was easy.

EDIT: update

Polish > hype

(edited by HawkMeister.4758)

in Living World

Posted by: Midnattsol.4503

Midnattsol.4503

You are:

[ ] Married
[-] Have Girlfriend (Complicated)
[ ] Employed
[X] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[X] Are an Adult (Totally questionable)
[X] Have a Life (I have many lives)

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[X] Temporary (Needs more PERMANENT)

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[X] Tell the Internet That You are Upset
[X] Sing in Lion’s Arch about tentacles
———————————

in Living World

Posted by: Midnattsol.4503

Midnattsol.4503

I love this game, but I don’t feel like there are enough activities to keep me involved long term. I play an MMO because I want a long term activity. I realize you’re not making the decisions there, but it’s tiring seeing another round of achievements to chase instead of something to actually explore.

I want to spend money on this game, I want to support your team, and I want to play the game. But I’m not spending any more money on it until I see something of substance. I’d buy an expansion, for a reasonable price, just so I could have new things to dig my characters’ teeth into.

That last paragraph is exactly how I feel. I WANT to support ArenaNet, and Guild Wars 2. I, however do NOT want to support NCSoft and their other games like WildStar, and therefore I do not buy Gems.

I want to buy an Expansion Pack that offers a ton of permanent content, and also improves existing content. I wanna see more areas, more things to do and explore, more dungeons to run, more dynamic events that are actually dynamic, and more dragons and world bosses that do more then just stand in one spot the entire fight. I also wanna see more karma rewards, more weapons that are actually designed well, and more armour sets and especially more armour variety.

There is a lot of “I want” but isn’t what majority of us want?

in Living World

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

You are:

[ ] Married
[x ] Have Girlfriend
[ x] Employed
[x ] Have Pets
[ x] Have Children
[x ] Are an Adult
[ x] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ x] Temporary
[ x] Full of Jumping Puzzles

[ x] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog

in Living World

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Just stop with the two week releases, its too much for players and imo the developers, focus on quality a bit more and give the players some space to chill out -.-
Once per month would be great…tho just after announcing the 2 week thing I imagine it is not going to get changed :o

in Living World

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

How about we’re no longer working on the Living Boredom Stories because we added the 4 teams to the other devs to create new explorable regions for the game and make Tyria’s main story evolve forward instead of backwards. Sarcasm aside what the community needs is a definite plan of action, we need good news, not the vague, clouded in mystery news we are used to getting. Example;

Kralkatorrik Summer 2014
Primordius Winter 2014
Jormag Summer 2014
DSD Spring 2015
You see were I am going with this, this would be encouraging not the, well the next dragon we encounter might be Kralkatorrik or the Jungle Dragon in the year of our Lord 2014 or 2016 we can’t talk more about it yet. That last statement makes it sound like a company that’s making a lot of money out of the Living Story so therefore there is no hurry.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Kralkatorrik Summer 2014
Primordius Winter 2014
Jormag Summer 2014
DSD Spring 2015

Too quick a cycle for those. Seriously, in both development time and play time I’d rather see:

Dragon #1 – Begins November 2013, final chapter added June 2014
Dragon #2 – August 2014 to January 2015
. . .

Or heck, even if it didn’t have the dragons so regimented and it was story #1 and then dragon #1 . . . the potential strength of a Living Story schedule like it is now is being able to slowly ramp up rather than drop it in wholesale. I’d like to keep that.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

I hope this will be implemented in the future

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Living World

Posted by: Desova.5821

Desova.5821

You are:
[ ] Married
[x] Have Boyfriend
[x] Employed
[x] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life (questionable)

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary
[x] Full of Minigames
[x] Full of Pressing the F Key

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[x] Tell the Internet That You are Upset (because nearly the entire server ditched WvW for PvE temp content)

tasija trickshot | [LZZ] les zélateurs de zaun | arborstone

in Living World

Posted by: Winterhound.1942

Winterhound.1942

You are:
[X] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[X] Employed
[X] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[X] Are an Adult
[?] Have a Life
[?] Have no Manual Dexterity

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[X] Temporary

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[X] Silently Cry

(edited by Winterhound.1942)

in Living World

Posted by: Varielle.9074

Varielle.9074

I much prefer to have more permanent content. If making full expansion pack is not Anet/NCSOFT idea on how to go forward. Perhaps they can let us pay for additional content through the gemstore.

I.e, new classes, new maps, housing, mounts etc etc…

I’m sick of just having cosmetic items & fluff, they are nice but they don’t add to the game a whole great deal.

in Living World

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

[ x] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog

Nuuu don’t quit. Loot palace is here!! (might be called Crown Pavilion).

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Living World

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

You are:
[ ] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[ ] Employed
[X ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[ ] Are an Adult
[ ] Have a Life
[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ ] Temporary
[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog

Oh. Well never mind this post.

in Living World

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

You are:

[ ] Married
[x] Have Girlfriend
[x] Employed
[ ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[x] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[x] Tell the Internet That You are Upset (frowny face smilies will soon ensue)

in Living World

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

Why cant we have missions or side quests with our warband since we never see them again after ending the personal story,the same with the human sister,also theres an empty useless home instance,no guild control features as of yet and we are almost 1 year old in game,no ships sailing and the same events over and over in a so called living world,what about the Orders?,no importance whatsoever to guilds in a game called guild wars..theres so much potential but so little delivery,bring more lore into the game,not on books outside of it,more diverse events,long term even,i dream of what gw2 can aspire,but shudder of what it might become if done wrong..this said..

You are:

[x] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[x] Employed
[x] Have Pets
[x] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[x] Tell the Internet That You are Upset (frowny face smilies will soon ensue)

in Living World

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

You are:
[ ] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[x] Employed
[ ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life
[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary
[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog

in Living World

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

You are:

[ x] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[ x] Employed
[ x] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[ x] Are an Adult
[ ] Have a Life (debatable)

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[x ] Temporary
[ ] Full of Jumping Puzzles (Needs more jumping puzzles. Actually, the whole game needs more jumping puzzles!)

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[ ] Tell the Internet That You are Upset (shake my fist at the ’net because I crash a lot)

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

Three of us want to kick Colin’s dog. Myself and two others should be ashamed of ourselves.

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

We’re already looking at ways to leave some LW content behind to evolve Tyria and improve the game.

Yes. Yes yes yes. Yes. Please do.

Btw, You are:

[ ] Married
[ ] Have Boyfriend
[x] Employed
[ ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[x] Kick Colins’ Dog

Dear Intrawebz and Colin’s pet, I am upset and saddened by the Living World!

Wow, that really made me feel better…

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

You are:

[ ] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[ ] Employed
[ ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[x ] Are an Adult
[ ] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ x] Temporary
[x ] Full of Jumping Puzzles (but I like this so, w/e)

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[x ] Invent my own check box down here like everyone else because I think it’s clever.

in Living World

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

Hah, I went away for a while and come back and people are still filling out the form.

Unfortunately, the form will only be around for two weeks. Fill it out while you can!

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Living World

Xenon.4537

I can empathize with having a busy life and not always being able to fit my gaming schedule in between work, home life, and social commitments.

But for you guys, gaming and work are practically the same thing! At least that’s what I like to think. :P

I like to imagine the Anet work environment to be like everyone has a bean bag chair and nerf guns at their desk. They have two computers: one for developing, and one for being logged in to the game. Every day right after lunch is Office PvP Hour. The break room is stocked with a years supply of soda and hot pockets. working there would be like the worlds longest lan party. At least that’s how I would want it. :P

in Living World

Xenon.4537

Hah, I went away for a while and come back and people are still filling out the form.

Unfortunately, the form will only be around for two weeks. Fill it out while you can!

That form is the best part of any thread I’ve seen in a while, lol. I might fill it out twice!

in Living World

Posted by: SlaYer.2138

SlaYer.2138

You are:

[ ] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[ ] Employed
[x] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[x] Time Consuming
[ ] Temporary

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[x] Kick Colins’ Dog

Thank you!

in Living World

Sirendor.1394

[x ] Invent my own check box down here like everyone else because I think it’s clever.

in Living World

Sirendor.1394

That form is the best part of any thread I’ve seen in a while, lol. I might fill it out twice!

It’s part of the living story = temporary = … = KITTEN

in Living World

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Could have story recaps in the form of the cutscenes after character creation, those are absolutely amazing… then some playable bits in there to vary things up, how you would shoehorn the playable parts in the lore beats me.

For recaps though, I have the perfect medium, we just need our fantastic Ministrel from halloween to put his bardsmanship to good use and make a triumphant return.

in Living World

Posted by: Astasia.1459

Astasia.1459

I usually have a lot of free time but for the past few months I haven’t been able to play GW2 at all. I had been hearing a bit about all the new content being “added” over the months but did not expect it to be temporary. Coming back to play this week I found out I had missed all of it, which is such a frustrating feeling that I’m honestly not sure I even want to put more time into the game. I can’t really comprehend the decision to spend development time on so much temporary content, the reason a lot of people want new content added all the time is to have diversity. This “living world” stuff is not adding any diversity to the content, it’s giving you one thing to do at a time then taking it away and replacing it with something else. I just don’t understand it at all. Reading through some of the past updates it sounds like if all that content was left in the game there would be so much more fun stuff for me to do right now, and thinking about that makes me sad.

So far the dev responses to this issue have not really left me feeling optimistic. It sounds like they might bring back some of the dungeons and instanced content as some sort of flashback, but I want to see it all. Not as another temporary repeat, but as a permanent addition to the game.

in Living World

Posted by: RusieQ.8569

RusieQ.8569

Oooh look at that fun!

You are:

[ ] Married
[ ] Have Boyfriend
[X] Single
[X ] College
[X] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[X] Love Video-Games
[X] Enjoy Hard-Core MMO’s and Challenges
[ X] Can also play less hard-core/casual games if they are fun

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[X] Temporary
[X] Goody-Two Shoes

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[X] Study over 9,000 Kanji words

If only arena.net would allow us to be evil! I would like to join the villain’s side, for once :P

(edited by RusieQ.8569)

in Living World

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

In my opinion the LS is giving sort of an neverending event Feeling. It lacks strong lore and obviously replayability. Also its too heavily focused on getting endless achievements and fluffy loot instead of adventuring and exploring the beautiful lands of Tyria (It pulls the people away). I personaly like the permanent content of the game and hope that this is expanded in the future. If no expansions maybe something like bonus mission packs in the store (Like in gw1) to fuel the main game content in the future (instead of ingame items).

Cheers :-)

You are:

[ ] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[x] Employed
[x] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[x] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary Fluff

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[ x] Further enjoy the main content and hope to have more of this (and a pack of good lore with it , like in the gw 1 campains ;-) .

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)

in Living World

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

You are:

[ ] Married
[x] Have Girlfriend
[x] Employed
[ ] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[ ] Are an Adult
[ ] Have a Life
[x] Have no Manual Dexterity

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[x] offer free bags to BG and SoR in WvWvW
Thank you!

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

in Living World

Posted by: Chris.6105

Chris.6105

I cannot play everything, but too sum it up, I see 4 problems and have a pretty obvious suggestion for each.

1. The story. Even if not much content, to miss the story annoys me the most.
  2. Confusing. There are small mails and some actions like special foes and signs on the map. You have to read into the matter in your blogs and especially for new players new in the world are these too much to understand.
  3. Rewards. There are rewards like Minis, Backitems and more. I like the feeling of having something unique, but what if the unique item you cannot obtain anymore is the one skin you love the most and cannot obtain anymore.
  4. The unique minigames and dungeons, I wanna play them at least once.

suggestions.

1. A storyteller. Even if it is only a NPC who gives the blogpost to read them ingame, this would help a lot. Also a treasure hunt with the purpose to explain the story could be really fun.
  2. Reduce it more to a specific area. Remove the textbox and reduce the info to a mail and some NPCs. If the content is playable later, let them first enjoy the normal game and let them ignore the living world event.
  3. Somewhere during such a treasure hunt. This is charakter-specific and each item can only obtained once per Charakter. Could also be through minigames and more.
  4. Again with NPCs. For example a fan of Braham is placed, where the storydungeon was and is part of the treasure hunt.

(edited by Chris.6105)

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Close this topic. The people filling out checklist aren’t being truthful. No one checked off both being married and having a girlfriend. With that many people filling out checklist there is there are bound to be a few cheaters. Cheaters are fine, but I won’t tolerate those filthy ‘Liars.’ kitten it, this is the internet.! Where users are held to the highest standards of their own righteous dignity.

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

You are:
[x] Married engaged, about a month until the big day
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[x] Employed. 40 hour work weeks are the exception
[ ] Have Pets
0 Have Children (working on it)
[x] Are an Adult
[x] Have a Life
[x] Do endurance sports (triathlon in my case)
[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[x] Temporary
[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[x] Kick Colins’ Dog (but only because I hate dogs)
[x] Fall behind on everything

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

You are:
[ ] Married
[ ] Have Girlfriend
[ ] Employed
[ X] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[ X] Are an Adult
[ ] Have a Life
[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ X] Temporary
[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog

in Living World

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

My proposition for the Living World would be this:

Add an asura gate that leads to a place in the mists known as “The Glimmer of Memories” or something elaborate, its function? Allowing you to do the living story quest lines and fractal specific dungeons without having to miss out.

It only adds the quests themselves and the area maps they were associated with however, and thus, it does not feature the world or pvp features of living story updates such as achievements.

What I’m saying there is, you miss out on the achievement side, but you can still go to this fractal specific area that allows you to redo the bits you missed out on the story side.

in Living World

Posted by: keichi.5107

keichi.5107

[ ] Married
[X ] Have Girlfriend
[X ] Employed
[ X] Have Pets
[ ] Have Children
[X ] Are an Adult
[X ] Have a Life

[ ] Hard
[ ] Time Consuming
[ X] Temporary
[ X] Full of Jumping Puzzles

[ ] Quit
[ ] Uninstall
[ ] Kick Colins’ Dog
[X ] Tell the Internet That You are Upset

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

My proposition for the Living World would be this:

Add an asura gate that leads to a place in the mists known as “The Glimmer of Memories” or something elaborate, its function? Allowing you to do the living story quest lines and fractal specific dungeons without having to miss out.

It only adds the quests themselves and the area maps they were associated with however, and thus, it does not feature the world or pvp features of living story updates such as achievements.

What I’m saying there is, you miss out on the achievement side, but you can still go to this fractal specific area that allows you to redo the bits you missed out on the story side.

If there are no achievements, there’s no point in running it. It would be yet another waste of development time and resources.

There is no story in-game. If you want story, you have to go to 3rd party websites.

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

It’s not that it’s hard, jumping puzzles or time consuming … the problem is simply the temporary component. For someone who loves the lore, it’s usually gone before I can experience it properly.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto