Ls3 P2 ending (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

in Living World

Posted by: Krinstin.6287

Krinstin.6287

Anyone else feeling utter adoration for glints egg? how the dwarf saw you having a faraway gaze.. How glints egg called you at the end to see it and protect it was such a great touch! Well done anet!
I was afraid the story would end with the vision, but luckily no!
Sad thing was that, once again, the commander showed no attachment to the hatchling, which was sort of a let down, would be great to see them just a little bit more caring for it, instead of just “lazarus stay away” and “duh, caithe protect it, now bb”.
At least some text dialogue at the end with Aurene, in similar fashion with the rabbit in raid w3 would be enough.
The fight itself and plottwist with Lazarus was brilliant! Cant wait for the next living story!
Hope for more Aurene champion quests later!

What do you guys think?

(edited by Krinstin.6287)

in Living World

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I loved the fight. The moment I entered the instance and saw one of the achievements was basically “Don’t Die”, I knew I was in for some fun. A bit hectic solo, but very doable. I messed up and allowed one bomb to go off so I’ll have to go back in for that achievement.

The dragon was cute and I did feel there was some attachment to the commander given the vision and the fact the commander just knew her name.

in Living World

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Honestly, I was far less interested in our new dragon, and far more interested in the new friend we made! Sort of. Except my character decided to be a jerk to him.

in Living World

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

The Dragon was definitely very cute… and I found the connection that the commander and the dragon have was a nice touch.

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

My reaction to the cutscene in the last instance: “cuuuuuuuuuute”(a brief pause) (dragon starts making “scary” noises toward destroyers) “hoooooow cuuuuuute” (makes crapload of screenshots)

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Living World

Posted by: RDarken.2495

RDarken.2495

I had MAJOR deja vu in this fight. Went only slightly better than last time
The dragons gaining powers is awesome. Never expected that.

The one thing that bugs me is my characters reactions. I wasn’t mad at Caithe in HoT. I trust Marjory and wouldn’t tell her not to follow Lazarus. I just don’t like those reactions.

in Living World

Posted by: Ranulf.9285

Ranulf.9285

I… found Glint’s spawn ugly. In that “We decided that the child of an ancient dragon should be SOOO CUTESY AWW” kind of way. Like, they tried to make it cutesy to pander to easily awed people but wound up making this weird abomination instead, like some Female Humans with the grossly babylike faces.

I also felt the story – as it has been – was pretty weak and the Lazarus twist was poorly done. Guess that’s a minority opinion, though. :B

in Living World

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I tried to throw a pokeball at it

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in Living World

Posted by: Erylian.8405

Erylian.8405

My reaction to the cutscene in the last instance: “cuuuuuuuuuute”(a brief pause) (dragon starts making “scary” noises toward destroyers) “hoooooow cuuuuuute” (makes crapload of screenshots)

After staring in disbelief for a few seconds (because of all things, I did NOT expect two giant, yellow, adorable, baby dragon eyes) I found myself praying for ANet to license an official plushie. Or at LEAST a minipet.

But I really want a plushie……cough cough for my daughter of course. cough

in Living World

Posted by: FrigginPaco.4178

FrigginPaco.4178

It’s just… Such a good lil’ dragon babe Q.Q

We must make it grow into a good big ol’ dragon now!

in Living World

Krinstin.6287

After staring in disbelief for a few seconds (because of all things, I did NOT expect two giant, yellow, adorable, baby dragon eyes) I found myself praying for ANet to license an official plushie. Or at LEAST a minipet.

But I really want a plushie……cough cough for my daughter of course. cough

Id buy that minipet withnout a blink of an eye even as a 2000 gem bundle, but sadly it would be a walking spoiler :/
We need moore missions with that dragon! I will champion on her side even if she decides to be evil in the end!

in Living World

Krinstin.6287

The one thing that bugs me is my characters reactions. I wasn’t mad at Caithe in HoT. I trust Marjory and wouldn’t tell her not to follow Lazarus. I just don’t like those reactions.

The reactions bug me too :/ id trust lazarus, Because lore! Soo much lore!
id be also interested in when would he betray us, or maybye anet played us with showing us how much we shouldnt trust him and then proving us wrong.
I still hate caithe :v wishTrahearane survived.. I generaly have unpopular oppinion on that one.
Also the pc reaction to Aurene was so dull.. While the moment of the vision was just perfectly done i was honestlx terrifid for the egg and felt love in that moment, the “i just knew” Made me squee.. i was so sad about there beigh no other things done :/ hopefully the next chapter will bring us a more protective commander and more scenes with the hatchling <3

And the dragon herself, i hope people wont just accept it once one day the word spreads.
Would be amazing if the so well known commander who everybody looks up to became distrusted as a dragon minion and we had to regain the trust (not with just a questbut like a part in some ls or expansion! How cool would that be?

in Living World

Posted by: themillwater.5846

themillwater.5846

I just loved the whole story! As far as the attachment thing could just really be a thing that the commander is exhausted and has a lot to deal with. I am super curious where the whole story going to go next. And yes I agree, THERE NEEDS TO BE A PLUSHIE! ANET YOU MUST GIVE US A PLUSHIE!!!! THE PEOPLE DEMAND A PLUSHIE!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Iant Aman.4390

Iant Aman.4390

One thought during the cutscene in the last instance kind of sums it all up:
I want a mini baby dragon… pretty pleeeease ^^

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

So a part of me, the part that loved the Mursaat in Guild Wars 1, really hopes my character is wrong.

Have to admit, as cliche as Lazarus’ intro was, it made my mouth drop and left me going, “Wh-what just happened?”

Though I feel ultimately it is a ruse but we’ll see. Hoping it’s not and all this Marjory espionage will be for nothing.

What I found most interesting, even though it’s simple, are the lore books scattered around the Mursaat’s stronghold in Ember Bay. One piece actually spoke of how the Mursaat (along with the Forgotten) went to the Jotun and Dwarves for help against the initial fight against the Elder Dragons only to be refused and felt outraged. Another spoke of wanting to keep their magic, hence leaving – because when they returned, they found the Jotun barbaric and practically “power”-powerless.

The dragon was cute and I did feel there was some attachment to the commander given the vision and the fact the commander just knew her name.

Also consider the fact that this is only Episode 2. So there’s a bit more room for the player character to warm up to the little tike. I’m personally indifferent, yeah it was cute and I was honestly expecting it to latch onto Caithe given the fact that she even for a while betrayed us and putting her life on the line to see it safe. Shotty writing sure but that’s the simple version. The tease at the end, “Yes, go get Taimi.” Was a good touch.

I too just didn’t like the fact that our character told Lazarus to bugger off. Which is funny considering how powerful he is. What actually made me smile was how reassured the player character is at the start, “You better help or you’ll be living a short second life.” You know, given the fact he effortlessly wiped out a bunch of White Mantle in Episode 1’s conclusion with ease as well as stunning us in the process.

(edited by Ronin.7381)

in Living World

Ronin.7381

The whole realization that the Dragons adapt (taking in some of the skillsets of the last) makes me wonder. This probably means Kralk will be the last which is a bummer because I’d have liked to see Primo be the one (he’s the one with the most lore centeralized with him – Alpha and Omega per se’) to last out of all of them. Guess it’ll all depend on how we end up encountering Jormag.

Perhaps Episode 3 will feature Braham breaking the tooth, signaling the end of the Ice Dragon.

Lets also not forget that that earlier Taimi let the name of the Deep Sea Dragon slip (I assume anyways) with the letter “S”.

So it seems at the end of this all, that little baby dragon Aurene is going to turn into an Elder Dragon comprised of all the Elder Dragons. Turning into Guild Wars 2’s very own Veeshan (EverQuest nod there). But it also means whatever Dragon is left standing before that, will be composed of all the other facets. This also hints at looking back at Subject Alpha in Crucible of Eternity to some capacity.

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Anyone remember that challenge mission off Central Transfer Chamber? With the other dragon as we protected it from waves of… oh yeah, destroyers?
Yep, we just replayed that. Except with a bit less help… at least at first. Then a bit more, right as it was getting too… hot… to handle.

Speaking of, didn’t somebody mention a “second scion”? Is the dragon hatchling from EotN perhaps still alive, then?

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

in Living World

Posted by: ArcanistSeven.8720

ArcanistSeven.8720

The whole realization that the Dragons adapt (taking in some of the skillsets of the last) makes me wonder. This probably means Kralk will be the last which is a bummer because I’d have liked to see Primo be the one (he’s the one with the most lore centeralized with him – Alpha and Omega per se’) to last out of all of them. Guess it’ll all depend on how we end up encountering Jormag.

Perhaps Episode 3 will feature Braham breaking the tooth, signaling the end of the Ice Dragon.

Lets also not forget that that earlier Taimi let the name of the Deep Sea Dragon slip (I assume anyways) with the letter “S”.

So it seems at the end of this all, that little baby dragon Aurene is going to turn into an Elder Dragon comprised of all the Elder Dragons. Turning into Guild Wars 2’s very own Veeshan (EverQuest nod there). But it also means whatever Dragon is left standing before that, will be composed of all the other facets. This also hints at looking back at Subject Alpha in Crucible of Eternity to some capacity.

Kral still could be next cause now the glints child is hatched its existence alone could anger Kral enough to start some kitten forcing us to kill him next to save glints baby because thats the child of his lieutenant that betrayed him. i could see it happening too considering the first thing kral did when he first woke up was go kill glint right away.

in Living World

Lord Trejgon.2809

Kral still could be next cause now the glints child is hatched its existence alone could anger Kral enough to start some kitten forcing us to kill him next to save glints baby because thats the child of his lieutenant that betrayed him. i could see it happening too considering the first thing kral did when he first woke up was go kill glint right away.

unless he is still trying to deal with what one asura have done to him….. then it will take him a while to be able to get anywhere….

I’d shoot we are going to combo-double-kill primordus and jormag then face the overbeefed krallk and I always forget about deep sea dragon…..

in Living World

Posted by: WannaFeel.7082

WannaFeel.7082

unless he is still trying to deal with what one asura have done to him….. then it will take him a while to be able to get anywhere….

I’d shoot we are going to combo-double-kill primordus and jormag then face the overbeefed krallk and I always forget about deep sea dragon…..

I rather believe that Elder Dragons are enemies to each others, and we will take advantage from it, than combo-double-kill’em … :- )

I didn’t like the model of baby dragon, it was too cute. When you put it side by side to Teq/Jormag and other dragons/elders it doesn’t look like dragon from GW :- (
Had hope it will be like Shatterer as they are from same (Glint’s child) ‘familly’, aint they ?

in Living World

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I think the dragonling was cute until I saw its eyes. Overly large eyes just creep me out.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Living World

WannaFeel.7082

I rather believe that Elder Dragons are enemies to each others, and we will take advantage from it, than combo-double-kill’em … :- )

I didn’t like the model of baby dragon, it was too cute. When you put it side by side to Teq/Jormag and other dragons/elders it doesn’t look like dragon from GW :- (
Had hope it will be like Shatterer as they are from same (Glint’s child) ‘familly’, aint they ?

Ah…! One more thing. I feel disappointed as I had hope to learn something about those

https://puu.sh/qzM0j/2cc155f591.jpg

Maybe some1 know anything about those creations?
Or this is blindplot? … oooooooor this might be plot to help us wifh both dragons :- D

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I… found Glint’s spawn ugly. In that “We decided that the child of an ancient dragon should be SOOO CUTESY AWW” kind of way. Like, they tried to make it cutesy to pander to easily awed people but wound up making this weird abomination instead, like some Female Humans with the grossly babylike faces.

I also felt the story – as it has been – was pretty weak and the Lazarus twist was poorly done. Guess that’s a minority opinion, though. :B

Um… …wow! So instead of just telling us that you didn’t like the episode, you have to insult those who did. I’m curious. Do you kick puppies for fun?

in Living World

Posted by: Ranulf.9285

Ranulf.9285

Um… …wow! So instead of just telling us that you didn’t like the episode, you have to insult those who did. I’m curious. Do you kick puppies for fun?

Oh, no, I’m just extremely jaded towards this game now. Sorry, s’pose it was kind of a low blow to aim at the people who enjoyed the dragon’s aesthetic.

That said, I still can’t shake this feeling like Anet deliberately made the dragon ‘adorable’ to distract people from the declining quality of the game and its storytelling. Just seems like a cheap tactic to me, s’all.

in Living World

Posted by: medusashadow.3567

medusashadow.3567

Oh, no, I’m just extremely jaded towards this game now. Sorry, s’pose it was kind of a low blow to aim at the people who enjoyed the dragon’s aesthetic.

That said, I still can’t shake this feeling like Anet deliberately made the dragon ‘adorable’ to distract people from the declining quality of the game and its storytelling. Just seems like a cheap tactic to me, s’all.

I couldn’t agree with you more I think there storyline and the way they tell it is very vanilla.

in Living World

Lord Trejgon.2809

jormag goign against primordus does not exclude us to exp[loit it and then kill them both with one combo-ed strike :P

as for comparisions – neither tequatl, nor claw of jormag should be taken into comparision here because they are both totally different things [even when you compare these two between themselves]

but if you take a look at glint in GW1, Glint’s puppy from challenge mission in GW! and then shatterer you will notice similarities

when this one grows up I expect her to be somewhat similar to shatterer with obvious change of colour… and of course there has to be resemblance to her mother

[you can’t expect freshly hatched dragon to look the same as fully grown adult >.>]

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I definitely felt that there was something missing in terms of interaction between the player and the dragon hatchling. Yeah, your character clearly tries to protect it from the Destroyers and Lazerus, but you never really acknowledge the hatchling directly. No dialogue towards the dragon itself, just to the other characters ABOUT Aurene. You practically ignore her as you’re talking about her to the others.

I would have liked to see something along those lines at least. Nothing overly involved or anything, but something at least. An “I got your message”, a vow to protect her, anything involving a direct interaction.

in Living World

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

Agreed, Electro. I liked the naming, and the vision, and despite my dislike for the tryhard cutesy face (*) I was definitely all “GET AWAY FROM MY LITTLE DRAGON!” when the destroyers attacked. Overall it was a good finale for an enjoyable episode — but there was a distinct lack of Aurene and the PC actually acknowledging each other directly and that is a shame. Please Anet, give us a touching personal moment or three in the next episode!

(*) Tryhard cutesiness feels manipulative and can flip over into creepy territory, IMO, especially with bits of Mordremoth’s face incorporated into hers. That will take some getting used to for my sylvari characters. :p

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

That last mission was epic. The fight, nomygod, I’m think that’s it, I’m dead. Looks like I’m restarting this fight, then boom Lazarus turns up. And I felt like a boss kicking Destroyer butt. The fight felt truly heroic. After it was all finished I felt like I had been a hero. I had made a difference. And was left with the feeling of “that’s how you do a story boss fight”.

I personally feel ANet out did them self’s with this. I really can’t wait to see where the story goes. I’m also wondering if Ogden will meet the “stone face”. That will be an interesting meeting to watch. It also left me with images of tunnel’s full of broken dwarfs complaining about only being heads.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

As far as story boss fights go, it was definitely among the best, yes. Seeing a boss called the Destroyer of Hope pop up and charge at our new little dragon added an extra kick of “Oh no you don’t!” urgency. A bit in-your-face, but it worked for me.

Lazarus’ arrival also worked quite well because I was in a serious spot of bother just when he popped in and saved my hide. From “This is BS, how am I supposed to beat this?!” to “Holy cow, that was … kinda kitten!” in a heartbeat. While I haven’t played GW1, he’s definitely caught my attention as a character whose further actions and development will hopefully be as interesting as this sets him up to be.

in Living World

Posted by: dodgerrule.8739

dodgerrule.8739

I think the dragons modeled after toothless in how to train your dragon

Dodger Rule Ranger – Fort Aspenwood

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I think the dragons modeled after toothless in how to train your dragon

Yeah, now you said it I can totally see it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It would be very nice to be able to shape our characters reactions at key points in cutscenes like this one I agree with you, I am not mad at Caithe, never have been, so its very jarring when my character is forced to be angry at her. Likewise, the way my character reacted to Lazarus was very jarring. I know it would be a lot of work, so I’m not holding out hope, but I would absolutely love to be able to determine how our characters react to situations like that in the future. Or hell it could even be dynamic based on our character’s Charisma/Ferocity/Diplomacy score. Whichever one is highest determines which one of 3 reactions your character will have.

in Living World

Posted by: Zephic.3075

Zephic.3075

My first thought when I saw Aurene was it is time to throw my master pokeball at it.

Lazarus coming to help us was surprising and I thought it was funny how our character told him to get lost when he first appeared. I am hoping to see Anet take his character away from the expected I am going to use you and then backstab/betray you later.

Caithe was a bit weird to see her at the egg chamber. Still no Kasmeer or Braham? I wonder what is happening to them.

The story was amazing and I can’t wait to see more. I love the fact that we’re finally tying up loose ends from GW1 with Lazarus.

in Living World

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Baby crystal head is too cute, I want one.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I had the same experience some others described. Just as the destroyers overwhelmed me Lazarus showed up. It was epic.

I was actually slightly annoyed when my PC was so rude to him because at that moment I wanted all the help I could get. I understand why he/she did it but still, even if he is just manipulating us it can’t hurt to just play along, let him think he got us fooled.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m not altogether comfortable with how ridiculously adorable Aurene is. Can’t a newborn dragon be creepy looking? Does it really have to have giant cutesy eyes?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Living World

Posted by: Smoaking.6125

Smoaking.6125

I definitely felt that there was something missing in terms of interaction between the player and the dragon hatchling. Yeah, your character clearly tries to protect it from the Destroyers and Lazerus, but you never really acknowledge the hatchling directly. No dialogue towards the dragon itself, just to the other characters ABOUT Aurene. You practically ignore her as you’re talking about her to the others.

I would have liked to see something along those lines at least. Nothing overly involved or anything, but something at least. An “I got your message”, a vow to protect her, anything involving a direct interaction.

Pretty much how I feel. No one tried to address Aurene at all, not even a “nice to meet you.” Caithe kneeled before vowing to protect her (and said to PC, not the dragon) but that’s it.

in Living World

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

I also agree that there should have been some dialogue towards Aurene. I wonder how fast dragons grow and how long before they can speak.

Also, as a herald, I got some real goosebumps channeling Glint herself to defend her baby. Fact of Chaos had a very “get off my baby!” feel. I’m curious to know how “present” a revenant’s legend is. That is: if I’m channeling Glint is she, in the mists, aware of what’s going on around me? Does she know that her child was born? I wonder if a revenant and their legend can have a direct conversation.

in Living World

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

I think not directly interacting with the dragon was a safe move. It starts with a cute comment. “Welcome to the world little guy” kinda thing. Then you’d want to pet it. You’d get attached. One thing leads to another and you’re trying to smuggle it under your shirt to your home instance. I’ve seen it happen before with my friend’s cats.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

in Living World

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

I also agree that there should have been some dialogue towards Aurene. I wonder how fast dragons grow and how long before they can speak.

Also, as a herald, I got some real goosebumps channeling Glint herself to defend her baby. Fact of Chaos had a very “get off my baby!” feel. I’m curious to know how “present” a revenant’s legend is. That is: if I’m channeling Glint is she, in the mists, aware of what’s going on around me? Does she know that her child was born? I wonder if a revenant and their legend can have a direct conversation.

It has been stated by a dev someplace that revenants do in fact ‘commune’ with the legend in a way, which is how they can borrow said powers. so it’s likely that, yes, through revenants channeling her she knows her daughter is born.

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Another poster mentioned the split between the Forgotten and Mursaat and the other elder races when it came to fighting the dragons. I thought that was interesting. I wonder what caused the fallout.

Based on one of the lore pages you find in Ember Bay, it’s because the other races refused to get involved when they fought the Elder Dragons. The Mursaat in question said something along the lines how infuriating it was to be denied aid when they needed it and so they fled to preserve themselves. When they came back, the Jotun were rendered into barbaric brutes and yet the Jotun were proclaimed a very powerful magic wielding race at one point, implying that in taking in magic the Elder Dragons sap it away from the races as well.

in Living World

Krinstin.6287

That vow idea is accualy brilliant for any type of commander.
It would make sence, given that the character is slightly mind affected by her as her champion, even the most ruthless commander would say it, for one reason, beight mind control, or because they accualy mean it.
Somebody might say that there is no mind control or bigger connection and its just visions.. but given that we are not just chosen, like with glint in gw1, but ultimately her main champion, (like Shatterer is to Kralka or Teq to Zhaitan)
we are bound to be affected far, far more.
I assume, and hope that it will go much further in the story itself:

-it could give interesting plotwists and depth to the story (distrust by others for the pcs connection to a dragon once people find out- i really hope for this!)

-could give sense of belonging, which you cant just give from the Personal Story since each race and order has a different one- but we all have the dragon hatchling.

-the pc could use someone to connect to and warm up to ( mentors died immediately, the pc didnt care about trahearanes death at all- which was sad imo, didnt seem to be as affected by eir eighter)

-would make the cold disconnected commander at least show something for someone and fiercely protect like a true hero withnout triggering players (its like caring for a lost child, anybody can understand)
(most, including me, would get triggered by romance, but pc caring for a hatchling that most like, completely adore or at least not mind can work wonders)

in Living World

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

I’ll be honest, I was disappointed when Lazarus wanted to join us. I thought he was going to be one of the major villains.

Meh, I don’t like making big judgements until the story is complete. We’re only on chapter 2.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I’ve never found human babies to be particularly cute, but don’t they say that offspring naturally look cute so that you want to take care of them? I’m sure Aurene will grow out of it as she grows up and look more spiky and vicious like her mother outwardly did.

Unfortunately “Aurene” sounds a lot like “Maureen”.

My wife now calls her “Maureen”.

but you never really acknowledge the hatchling directly. No dialogue towards the dragon itself, just to the other characters ABOUT Aurene. You practically ignore her as you’re talking about her to the others.

One of my biggest annoyances about this patch was the lack of ability to talk to… ANYTHING going through the story missions. Oh no wait, I lie, you can talk to that first Asura Researcher in Taimi’s Game who is still grumbling about you destroying his Golem.

I really wanted the Luminate or Ruka to tell me something, ANYTHING new at the end of the final mission installment but noone would speak. Some of them even made the mouse curser change to a speech bubble like it normally does when an NPC can be interacted with… but none of them have anything else to say.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

in Living World

WannaFeel.7082

[you can’t expect freshly hatched dragon to look the same as fully grown adult >.>]

I don’t, but as for GW2 dragons I would expect a lil bit kitten baby dragon, not a pokemon :- )

Caithe was a bit weird to see her at the egg chamber. Still no Kasmeer or Braham? I wonder what is happening to them.

As Jormag is active too, Braham might be quite busy now in Hoelbrak/Shiverpeaks

Maybe Majory wanted so much to go wifh Lazarus as she is affected by him, somehow corrupted? Lazarus is known puppet master, isn’t he? :- )
Weakening Tyrias main force – commander and his friends – from inside.

in Living World

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

I tried to throw a pokeball at it

I had the same thought. I said, “Oh a it’s Pokemon!”

in Living World

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

When they came back, the Jotun were rendered into barbaric brutes and yet the Jotun were proclaimed a very powerful magic wielding race at one point, implying that in taking in magic the Elder Dragons sap it away from the races as well.

According to those same lore tablets, the Jotun were reduced to brutes not because the dragons stole their magic away, but because they vowed never to use magic again. Thus their society – built on magic before – regressed into tribalism.

I’ll be honest, I was disappointed when Lazarus wanted to join us. I thought he was going to be one of the major villains.

Meh, I don’t like making big judgements until the story is complete. We’re only on chapter 2.

Don’t count him as an ally yet. I don’t trust that guy any farther than I could throw him.

in Living World

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

Don’t count him as an ally yet. I don’t trust that guy any farther than I could throw him.

Heh of course! I was just thrown off by the sudden switch.

(edited by JTGuevara.9018)

in Living World

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I thought that it was just a joke with S. Devs read the forum, and the dragon is know here and there as Steve because no clue is mentioned about it´s name.^^

If Lazarus wanted to betray us, whay not just do it? He is obviously more powerful than we are, and we cannot except any help. The only reason for me would be that maybe he is innately afraid of the dragon and dares not to attack it, depite logic and common sense saying it. Primal fears are very strong, and the wipeout of a whole race should dig deep into that. Maybe he actually is sorry and has learned from the mistakes of the mursaat as a whole.

That a significant minority of dwarfs could be betrayers does not really surprise me. They betrayed their own kind and weakened an already weakend and dying folk even more with an uprising. They enslaved the dredge. I never had much sympathy for them until they went underground to fight Primordus.

The Jotun are a surprise for me however. I rather pictured them as a race that had been King of the mountain for a long time in a time where the others were weak and then fell from grace because of degeneration or something, but I would not have expected them to be head to head with muesaat, seers and dwarfs.

On the other hand he tells us that the white mantle is basically done. Caudecus commands a force of white mantle that is now divided and was too weak to attack Kryta from the get go while Lazarus holds the rest of the white mantle in his hands and wants to make them the honorable warriors many thought they were before the first betrayal. Lazarus obviously has no interest in the throne of Kryta and seems to be unable to find and kill or somehow dispose of Caudecus, so either his strength is vastly overestimated or Caudecus strength is vastly underrated.

I hope that Jormag somehow survives. He is my favorite dragon and his approach to get power is the most logical for me. If Lazarus can turn around, a dragon can maybe too.^^