More Serious Content

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Orlando.8192

Orlando.8192

When I am talking about this, I am not referring to the fact that we have had multiple festival style living world events, but instead that we have yet to get anywhere with the primary premise of the game;

When we were presented with GW2 at the outset, there were an abundance of dragons, Zhaitan, Kralkatorrik, Jormag, The Deep Sea Dragon, Primordius, and there was also quite a bit of tantalizing information set out that would allow us to actually deal with these dragons eventually; the Tengu are reclusive in their Dominion of the Winds, with the potential that one day they might come out and seek their homelands in Cantha, necessitating the battle with the deep sea dragon. It is known that The Order of Whispers has secret ways past Kralkatorrik into Elona, yet if the Pact wants to truly get there in any numbers, we are going to probably have to defeat that dragon as well. Similar reasons can be made for all the dragons, yet after Zhaitan, we have basically been doing nothing to combat them.

What I would like to see are more events that focus on addressing these huge objectives, allowing us to work towards long term objectives with these known foes. Dragons are the primary premise of the game really, and it would be nice to see some progression in those areas. If not in the realm of dragons, there are still other loose ends that would be nice to tie up; the outbreak of underworld minions is most likely another return of Dhuum, there are the Sylvari from another tree who have their own whole culture elsewhere, and so many other things around in the world to be cleaned up before we start trying to move on and add new random enemies like the Aetherblades or the Watchknights, and random content like the Bazaar of the Four Winds (though I have no problem with the content of these things, they were fun enough, just off-topic).

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Deluvian.1068

Deluvian.1068

+1
/15 characters

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

The Zephyrites actually connected directly to the dragons (through Glint) and infact kind of hinted at a real issue we may face in fighting them.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Well another dragon is not planned for this year, so we have a good number of festivals to go..
I’m honestly disappointed in the living story team, instead of anything serious we get lighthearted events with some goofy enemies (aetherblades have been here for what, 3 months or so?) and no good conclusions.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Yata.8932

Yata.8932

Actually in an interview, i forget where, they said that now that they have all of the seasonal content done they can now focus on pumping out more meaningful content per release.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Actually in an interview, i forget where, they said that now that they have all of the seasonal content done they can now focus on pumping out more meaningful content per release.

Yet meaningful is another vague word it says nothing about confronting other dragons.
The big issue some of us have is that nothing at all that was added since August 28, 2012 has anything to do with the other 5 dragons. I observed the map fully trust me when I say at least 3 of those dragons are at most 2 to 3 explorable regions away from any map borders. Kralkatorrik 2 to 3 regions from Ebonhawke, Primordius 2 to 3 regions once into the Maguma Waste, Jormag 2 to 3 regions more to the north. Deep Sea Dragon closer to Cantha so very far away finally the Jungle dragon perhaps even 1 region away but we haven’t heard a thing about this one since he was the last one added to the lore.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

This has been my opinion since about the 2nd Living Story update.

Enough with this stupid, insignificant side story crap.

Give us Elder Dragon content or GTFO Anet. I bought this game to kill dragons. Not to play politics and help emo norns/anime charr.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

At least they are cutting back on the ‘F’ Wars (press F to win).

In all seriousness LW content feels like a gimmick that’s a carrot on a stick. All the chat in guild is about how you can get your AP up a lot with this round of LW and it’s a good farm for mats…..

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Drakenvold.9761

Drakenvold.9761

i concur,you never see your sister again if your a human,never go on missions with your warband or your Order..theres so much potencial just let there..

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Not even dragons. We have an abundance of unasnwerd questions and foes from Gw1 that can still be used in gw2. Yet they created what so far seems like an entire new story line, and enemies.

Palwa Joko, Menzies, Dhuum, The dragons, and White Mantle are some that come to mind that could birth some amazing stories. While they touched on the zephyrites and glint and teased some awesome possible story lines, we are now back to the all new stuff with Scarlet and Aetherblade pirates. Hopefully when they conclude this they make it meaningful to some existing lore instead of creating and solving a problem within a year.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Frozencore.5017

Frozencore.5017

Give us Elder Dragon content or GTFO Anet. I bought this game to kill dragons. Not to play politics and help emo norns/anime charr.

I can see you 2 weeks later after all dragons are released, whining about there’s nothing else to do in the game except to kill dragons.

Maybe not, i can be wrong,that’s just what i think don’t blame me.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

When it comes to dragons… remember all the build up and preparation that went into killing Zhaitan? Assuming that the other dragons are equally or more difficult to destroy, facing down all the Elder Dragons would take a significant length of time even if we got started on it right away.

Not that I want the story to focus exclusively on the Elder Dragons, of course. It’s nice to have other things to do in between, and to have other stories taking place in Tyria.

I’d just like to have a balance. Not exclusively dragons. But not never dragons, either – and with almost a year of no clear movement on the dragon plotline, it feels kind of stalled.

(edited by Anakita Snakecharm.4360)

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Amanda Whitemoon.6173

Amanda Whitemoon.6173

i think serious contect is comming, the LS we got now is just a bit of backstory

LS sofar is starting to connect alot of stuff together

asura personal story, inguest, thaumanova, steam creatures, aetherblades, ellen kiel,
i think the story of the next 5 months will get interesting:P

we may get a battle of divinity’s reach soon:P

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

asura personal story, inguest, thaumanova, steam creatures, aetherblades, ellen kiel,

Asuran failed experiment, asuran failed experiments, asuran epic failed experiment, asuran timey-wimey experiment, asuran+human not yet failed experiment and a hoe.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Too much asura sci-fi if you put it that way.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

i think ANet’s logic goes like this:

personal story (aka main story) deals with dragons. living story deals with everything else that’s happening in the world meanwhile. the world didn’t just freeze in time because of dragons, other things still happen.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

More Serious Content

in Living World

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

personal story (aka main story) deals with dragons. living story deals with everything else that’s happening in the world meanwhile. the world didn’t just freeze in time because of dragons, other things still happen.

Since the main method of future content delivery appears to be living story, though, even if ANet thought that at one point, the evolution of their vision would have led to the main plotline getting stalled if they continued that line of thinking.

If so, they need to do some rethinking in my opinion. Freezing the main plot in time isn’t really preferable either.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Since the main method of future content delivery appears to be living story, though, even if ANet thought that at one point, the evolution of their vision would have led to the main plotline getting stalled if they continued that line of thinking.

If so, they need to do some rethinking in my opinion. Freezing the main plot in time isn’t really preferable either.

It’s currently frozen because they are unsure of how they wish to bring the future content to us. I wouldn’t mind a chapterised ’’expansion’’ as long as it’s done in the right way. I reckon this would actually keep people occupied for a longer time.
Instead of seeing people rush through the new game within a day (like in gw1).

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Akechi Hotaru.7129

Akechi Hotaru.7129

dont forget to leave space for halloween and wintersday those are both month long events on their own. so really we have this months queens jubilee, next months whatever, halloween, maybe a continuation in november, before wintersday taking up all of december and part of january. with all these interruptions A-net really doesnt have much time to build a cohesive story.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

COLIN JOHANSSON HAS STATED THAT FUTURE CONTENT WILL CONTINUE BOTH THE LS AND THE PERSONAL STORY.

The LS team is only a part of the whole dev team. There goal is to have a living world with major story plots built into it. They have also stated that they plan for major updates in the future but havent yet decided on if they will use some form of the LS system to deliver the update or weither they will use a more traditional expansion model. The LS system is still young and they are still learning what they can do with it.

We will see the dragons. No they arent two zones away since we dont infact have the location of any of the other dragons apart from a vague ‘off that way somewhere’ idea. Kralkatorik isnt at the end of the Brand. Thats Glint’s Lair and we know for a fact he isnt there. Primodus probably isnt even on the surface. Jormag is somewhere north of Frostsound Gorge. Thats all we know.

The LS has also touched on the EDs. The Zephyrites taught us a suprising amount of tidbits about the EDs. They, after all, served the former champion of one. The Aspect Crystals we used were powered by magic from Glints remains.

I agree that the current LS has felt too festive for my tastes. Lets see what the big turning point in the story we will be seeing soon actually is though. We might be suprised.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

COLIN JOHANSSON HAS STATED THAT FUTURE CONTENT WILL CONTINUE BOTH THE LS AND THE PERSONAL STORY.

I think you may be relying on outdated information here. While ANet hasn’t ruled out other forms of story continuation in the future, at the moment their main focus is on living story.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-Expansion-targeted-for-2013/first#post1391159

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-expansion-1Q-Ncsoft-Conference-Call-merged/page/3#post2024859

While I haven’t read anything that rules out additions to the personal story someday, my point is that if they’re going to be focusing primarily on the living story for the foreseeable future, the living story needs to somehow integrate with the overarching plot. I think there are signs that is in the works, which I hope is indeed the case.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

I think you may be relying on outdated information here. While ANet hasn’t ruled out other forms of story continuation in the future, at the moment their main focus is on living story.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-Expansion-targeted-for-2013/first#post1391159

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/GW2-expansion-1Q-Ncsoft-Conference-Call-merged/page/3#post2024859

While I haven’t read anything that rules out additions to the personal story someday, my point is that if they’re going to be focusing primarily on the living story for the foreseeable future, the living story needs to somehow integrate with the overarching plot. I think there are signs that is in the works, which I hope is indeed the case.

you’re the one relying on outdated information. it’s been less than a month since colin stated what’s in bold.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

i concur,you never see your sister again if your a human,never go on missions with your warband or your Order..theres so much potencial just let there..

I would see her again . . . if I had chosen to go with a different story line, since “Crusader Deborah” would be the sister I lost. But since I thought the Vigil was portrayed to the humans as a bunch of blunt instruments who lacked finesse?

Nope, didn’t get to see her again. Or hear from her again.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

This has been my opinion since about the 2nd Living Story update.

Enough with this stupid, insignificant side story crap.

It’s too soon for any more Elder Dragons. It needs at least another year. IF you pulled out a dragon per year, then in five years you would have nothing left.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

What if an Elder Dragon is behind the Aetherblades?

We don’t know how sentient the Elder Dragons really are. But we know at least some of their minions can actually think – the Risen Priests talk to us, as do the Eye of Zhaitan; the Jormag Shamans are shown making plans; and so on.

The races of Tyria have proved they can defeat an Elder Dragon – it would be logical for minions from the other dragons to have noticed this, and worry. If Modregoth, for example, is really themed around corruption, it would make perfect sense for his minions to take the very thing that defeated Zhaitan – the union between the races – and corrupt it into a weapon against Tyria – the Aetherblades.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

More Serious Content

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

+1 and due to the amount of threads about this I’m sure Anet is finally aware that another festival is not what we want.

All the living stories outside of the frost and flame were open and shut cases. F&F hinted at the end that someone else was involved from the city. Why they don’t do this more often is beyond me.

They need to work on how this story is delivered, and no more festival+festival is attacked. That is getting a bit weak now, tbh it wasn’t a very gripping story to begin with.

More Serious Content

in Living World

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

you’re the one relying on outdated information. it’s been less than a month since colin stated what’s in bold.

Cool, thanks for letting me know! Could you provide a link so I can read what he said?

It’s too soon for any more Elder Dragons. It needs at least another year. IF you pulled out a dragon per year, then in five years you would have nothing left.

I’m actually okay with that. Five years from now, I’m pretty sure I’ll be ready to have moved past the Elder Dragon plotline. That’s a pretty long time to extend one story.

Presumably if/when that plotline reaches a conclusion, the story will progress in other directions. I’d rather see a resolution in a relatively natural period of time than have ANet eternally keep this plot on life support because they’re afraid to finish it.

(edited by Anakita Snakecharm.4360)