Next LW episode

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Dukotje.4382

Dukotje.4382

Q:

When will the 2nd episode of LW3 come, is it, as it has always been, in 2 weeks, or are they changing the way they are rolling out the episodes?

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

A:

As has been announced multiple times, they are releasing on a 2-3 month schedule. They don’t want to rush buggy, unfinished content to make the 2 week release schedule because they want to emphasize quality.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: eligecos.8429

eligecos.8429

They also said that if things work out with Anet in the future, they plan to make episodes faster, but that might not be for a while for the next couple of episodes.

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

When can we continue the story for LS3 Episode 2?
The first episode was short and I really was hoping for more for how long they made us wait after the release of HoT… =(

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Less than 3 months from the first episode (probably) and (a lot) more than two weeks (definitely). That’s all they’ve said.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

My guess would be after, or close to the end of the next PvP season. ANet wants people playing that, because ESports.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Less than 3 months from the first episode (probably) and (a lot) more than two weeks (definitely). That’s all they’ve said.

As much as I like Anet, and have enjoyed their take on Dynamic Story Telling via the Living World – I can’t help but worry about just how flip-floppy they are and have been since Fractals. Just makes me wonder how they’ll treat this content going forward as I expect one story will take five months because “We’re working really hard on this one and it’s going to be big.” After the whole legendary weapons fiasco with HoT, I find myself skeptical in keeping with their schedule. I’m just not seeing it right now.

Next LW episode

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As much as I like Anet, and have enjoyed their take on Dynamic Story Telling via the Living World – I can’t help but worry about just how flip-floppy they are and have been since Fractals. Just makes me wonder how they’ll treat this content going forward as I expect one story will take five months because “We’re working really hard on this one and it’s going to be big.” After the whole legendary weapons fiasco with HoT, I find myself skeptical in keeping with their schedule. I’m just not seeing it right now.

Hence my use of the word, “probably”.

I don’t really care what they said, about legendaries or the story — if it is delivered in 4 months, I won’t think less of them (and neither will I think more of them for delivering it in 7 weeks). What I care about is whether they find a release rhythm that they can maintain for longer than six months.

The long content drought of 2015-2016 was worse because we were used to the two-week cadence of much of 2013-4. The length of the HoT and LS3 stories would also have been easier to accept if ANet had been doing 6 major updates/year instead of 18+.

tl;dr I try not to worry about what ANet has or hasn’t promised. If they deliver a fun game, great; if not, I’ll get over it (and play something else).

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

If they want to bundle LW§ with Halloween then I would guess middle of October. Otherwise I am estimating beginning of October.

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

If they want to bundle LW§ with Halloween then I would guess middle of October. Otherwise I am estimating beginning of October.

My initial thinking was this too. They like to lump content updates in with festivals where they can, it diverts the player’s attention a bit more!

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: coranax.2897

coranax.2897

After the whole legendary weapons fiasco with HoT.

I’m out of the loop. What fiasco?

~ Cor Ana

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

After the whole legendary weapons fiasco with HoT.

I’m out of the loop. What fiasco?

This one. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-weapons-6/first

Happy reading!

(short form is that after making new legendary weapons a selling point for HoT, ANet had to pull the plug on them due to resource issues. Players reacted with ire, especially those who had tipped over to buying HoT because of the weapons).

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: KronosBaelfire.6289

KronosBaelfire.6289

I’m hoping they’ll give us something for LS3 part 2 by the time the game’s anniversary hits this month but I’m not holding my breath…

https://twitter.com/KronosBaelfire
http://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=9298
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” – Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Darcwolf.6817

Darcwolf.6817

Have played this game nearly every day since beta, but lack of content is really disappointing, anet made a amazing base content game. Then is was like they ran out of ideas or stopped caring (no hearts in orr, most disappointing final boss fight ever) Living world season 1 was ok, but it needed improvement, season 2 was better and seemed pretty consistent with content update. Then there was HoT, which was a mess IMO, now this new content, seriously you can explore the whole map in 5 minutes. I got all the AP in a day or so, and not really trying at all. As much as I hate it, I really wish they would put out more content like ESO or DCUO with like mini expansions.

Next LW episode

in Living World

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m hoping they’ll give us something for LS3 part 2 by the time the game’s anniversary hits this month but I’m not holding my breath…

That doesn’t seem to be in line with ANet’s recent practices: recent updates have been quarterly, the LS3/1 released just last week (26 July), which is in the same quarter as the 4th anniversary.

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Will there be a 2 week window release or do we have to wait longer? 1 month?

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They aren’t going to be doing the 2 week release anymore. They said it’d be more like every couple of months (give or take a week or so, depending on how much they can get sorted out from week to week).

Next LW episode

in Living World

Zoid.2568

Ok that’s disappointing to hear. Not a lot of content for each episode, but however if there are new zones for every episode then that’s pretty good.
The new content update was mostly farming as usual. Not much story even if the story was good quality.

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

What I THINK will happen is, halloween, and right after chapter 2

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Umm well I disagree, I think the new Episode had a lot more actual story content than previous episodes did in just one episode. The way it was presented was better, as well. But ultimately I think the update cadence is what it is because they’re actively developing the 2nd expansion, otherwise we would probably be seeing more episodes, quickly.

Next LW episode

in Living World

Zoid.2568

Umm well I disagree, I think the new Episode had a lot more actual story content than previous episodes did in just one episode. The way it was presented was better, as well. But ultimately I think the update cadence is what it is because they’re actively developing the 2nd expansion, otherwise we would probably be seeing more episodes, quickly.

That’s true.

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

In part yes it is. It also allows them to develop better quality story content, whilst still working on fractals, wvw and pvp.

The problem with ls1 and ls2 is their focus was too narrow. I only really play story and open world and in the first teo years, i can say i was spoiled for content. The same cannot be said for wvwers and pvpers.

If the new cadence allows a fairer spread of resources and content, then that can only be a positive step forward. This was what we proposed during ls1. It has taken time to get there, but I think it is mostly going in the direction which suits it best.

Dont forget, the latter half of the year will also have halloween and wintersday which likely fall independtly to the story. Even recycled, its still extra content and generally good fun

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: LilysHeaven.2543

LilysHeaven.2543

Will there be a 2 week window release or do we have to wait longer? 1 month?

I believe it’s every 2-3 months now

“Maybe he thought the horns in your head will fill the holes in mine.”

Next LW episode

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I think we’ll get halloween first, followed by season 2