On Swift Wings is bugged...

in Living World

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

This achievement is so badly designed…. description says “go save npcs outside camp” … no indication on WHEN or HOW MANY or WHERE to get them to safety.

in Living World

Posted by: Doctor.1905

Doctor.1905

Tried yesterday solo/group, talk to npcs before the final attack/after and had no success.

Got the achievement just now solo.

What I did differently was that I waited for the 10 minutes to expire before going to save the npcs in the cave. After that I talked to the 7 npc and got the achiev after saving the last one, I did not let them die.

Maybe this helps. Anyway this one is a really non-intuitive and badly explained achievement.

I can confirm that this works. What I did was I waited about 5 mins after the 10 min timer ran out before I made the decision to help roxx or braham. I chose roxx. I, then, went to rescue Lindsay without the 10 min timer on my screen. After rescuing Lindsay, I rescued all 7 stragglers without getting them killed and I got the achievement as soon as the last one was rescued. It seems like the timer is causing this bug. I did this solo of course.

Edit: Note that I did this 10 mins before I made this post. This method should work for all of you guys.

in Living World

Yasi.9065

No it doesnt. Just tried it – again – that way and even though I waited 20 minutes after timer ran out before choosing rox… I did NOT get the achievement after saving all 7.

I also tried:
Letting timer run out before even moving from spawn, choosing rox.
Letting timer run out before moving, choosing braham.
Letting timer run out AND 20 minutes more, choosing rox.
Waiting 20 minutes AFTER clearing concordia and choosing rox.
Waiting 20 minutes AFTER clearing concordia and choosing braham.
Not waiting at all, timer runs out before saving lydia.
Not waiting at all, timer runs out AFTER saving all 7.
Not saving anyone and rezzing afterwards.
Waiting for up to one hour after saving all 7.

I wasted kittening forever on this stupid bugged achievement. Will I get any compensation? No. Will they even bother to fix this? Well, doesnt look like it. Bug is known for over 3 days and not a single response.

I was thinking of getting some gems to buy some stuff from gemstore… but after this? Im not gonna spend my hard earned money on a game with zilch support.

in Living World

Posted by: random noob.5173

random noob.5173

For those of you still stuck, I managed to get the achievement by restarting the personal story. (Yes I’m aware that you need to replay it to even do the achieves.) For some reason, the achievement wouldn’t complete for me when I was doing the instance during an out-of-step replay (meaning you enter the instance when it’s a purple star), but it worked when I was on the story step.

in Living World

Posted by: alphamao.4986

alphamao.4986

yeh its bugged now. did everything right. no achievement

in Living World

Posted by: Evrae Altana.1295

Evrae Altana.1295

i just got done doing the achievement after about twenty tries (SOLO)
it seems there’s a certain pattern to be followed of npc’s and mobs since some npc’s have an invulnerability buff that lasts longer than the others
so here’s what i did:

after talking to Magister i left cave and went immediate right to save the three guys at the guard tower, kill the mobs and tell them to retreat

NEXT i went back to concordia for the caravan guard in the water to tell him to retreat

AFTERWARDS i ran up the hill to help the two priory girls with the Mordrem wolf and tell them to retreat, i then followed them a bit past the guard tower since new mobs have spawned, so i distracted them so they wouldn’t get wacked

FINALLY i hurdled over the rock behind the guard tower to the crusader in the water fighting the tendrils and husk, i killed those and told him to retreat and achievement popped

but this is how i did it

i also tried going to guard tower first and then straight into water for crusader but then i would be too late for the caravan guard where a thrasher spawned

hope this helps some people

in Living World

Yasi.9065

Sorry Evrae Altana, but thats exactly how Ive been doing this for… dunno how many tries.

No achievement.

I can add now: playing story again with another character and trying it with concordia step.

No achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

It is just bugged. They need to fix it. However, it is just one achievement so what ever….

in Living World

Posted by: heroic.2367

heroic.2367

I’ve reported the bug in-game with screenshots. Has everyone else done the same? Hopefully if enough people do it, it’ll get resolved soon.

in Living World

Posted by: heroic.2367

heroic.2367

After over 25 tries, I FINALLY just got it, after following everything from the previous posts:
(1) making sure I’m on the correct story step (green star, not purple)
(2) waiting out 10 minutes to run out before talking to Tactician Art to find Lindsay
(3) following the exact order in Evrae’s post

I’m happy I finally got it…but I agree with everyone, this needs a fix!

in Living World

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Typically I wait a few days before completing achievements because I suspect some of them will be bugged, but today I wasted about an hour and a half trying to get this… this really sucks!

Not even Dulfy guides warned that it was bugged

in Living World

Posted by: Cidhappens.4086

Cidhappens.4086

This achievement is so badly designed…. description says “go save npcs outside camp” … no indication on WHEN or HOW MANY or WHERE to get them to safety.

You forgot HOW to save them
and WHERE they are…

“rescue them” could mean “defend them”
when you are not the owner of the instance you will not be able to talk to the NPCs
—> you can not get them to move…
—> took some time to figure out that not all of us are able to “save” them

some of the NPCs have no icon after they are dead —> it’s “hard” to find all of them when you are in a group of 5… e.g. the one in the water close to the bridge or the soldiers at the tower…

I finally got the 7 NPCs you need to save when you are on your own…
and guess what: still no achievement…

Welcome to Guild Wars 2 – semi-open beta?!?

Main: E/G 80
2nd: the other six classes 80
standby: G 80/ M 50 / T 45/ W 35 / …

in Living World

Chase.8415

After over 25 tries, I FINALLY just got it, after following everything from the previous posts:
(2) waiting out 10 minutes to run out before talking to Tactician Art to find Lindsay

I’m happy I finally got it…but I agree with everyone, this needs a fix!

1. Did all the living story instances until this one became a green star.
2. While solo I made sure none of the allies died in the first fight, not sure if it is relevant.
3. Waited until the 10 minutes expired.
4. Selected Braham.
5. Talked to Lindsey
6. Killed the mobs at the guard tower.
7. Talked to the Norn in the Water.
8. Talked to the priory agents.
9. Talked to the crusader passed the rock.
10. Waited until the commander reached the asuran lab.

No Achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

I suppose one must assume that the award of this achievement is completely random and you just have to be lucky to get it awarded, I cannot think of any other explanation for the all the above posts

in Living World

Posted by: ZMAN.2058

ZMAN.2058

Ok. The best I can offer…..
Do it from the story (green) instance. Purple replay had us pulling hair and swearing at all deities. 1 run through green enabled us to get it.
-had 2ppl
-saved 12 npcs
-didn’t worry about timer (actually completed it with 2min left on timer)
-DID it from the GREEN STAR STORY INSTANCE

in Living World

Mortifer.2946

I just Realized that those two priory agents start to run to safety even if you click just on one of them. Maybe you need to spam F on the second one too before he runs away? ? ?

in Living World

godsie.2864

done on green star story instance
solo got all 7 NPC’s
waited for timer to end 10 mins
took Braham
still no achievement

in Living World

Chase.8415

I just Realized that those two priory agents start to run to safety even if you click just on one of them. Maybe you need to spam F on the second one too before he runs away? ? ?

I noticed this too! never attempted to talk to both.

Can anyone test this? Out on the road right now. I never tried it because they both had a chat bubble

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Maybe telling them to retreat while having their buff causes it to fail. I’ve also noticed that the spawns are random. Every time I’ve done a run, at least one of the spawns that are supposed to attack the survivors never spawns the entire instance.

in Living World

godsie.2864

I have just tested the chat bubble and am unable to click on the 2nd priory agent once he starts running to the hollow

in Living World

Posted by: The Art of Killing.8643

The Art of Killing.8643

Reason why the achievement fails. All 7 NPC no matter how much time you wait, 10 minutes for the time achievement to end or just do it while its on, ALL 7 NPC’s Die at the end as they fail to cross the portal and leave the map. What happens:

-If u are delayed to get out of the priory cave and the guard tower npcs die the achievement fails.
-if you go anywhere near the final event circle the event fails
-Having ordered all 7 of them to retreat and careful checked they made it from distance to avoid triggering the final event they stop wlaking right infront of the exit portal in contrast with the priory caravan at the end of the entire instance that walks through the portal and leave the instance.

I have tried all of the above however the reason that we all fail is that they npc;s bug? at the end and dont leave. Maybe some of you were lucky and didnt bug out.

in Living World

Posted by: John Doe.7120

John Doe.7120

I just finished this achievement on two of my chars after reading Evrae Altana.1295 post and wanted to give my 2 cents on it since it’s a pain.
If at anytime the buff thing that tell you that you’re eligible for the achievement disappears it means you’ve lost an NPC and you can restart. It might be a good idea to locate their bodies if you don’t know exactly where they spawn so you can reach them faster next time. They won’t show as skulls on the map and you’ll have to hover your cursor over them to see a name.

If you still have the eligible buff it means you haven’t gotten all NPCs yet. Make sure you don’t head towards the asura lab as it will fail instantly when you get there.
There are 7 NPCs if doing it solo and I could only tell 6 of them to retreat, but it worked. Make sure you talk to all that have a chat bubble.

Here’s the order I did them in:
1) After talking to Magister Lindsey in the cave , I ran straight out to the guard tower where there are 2 NPC down and 1 up in the tower. Here I could only talk to 1 from the ground and the one in the tower. The 2nd on the ground had no chat bubble.
2)I got the unnamed Caravan Guard fighting the thresher in the water near Concodria (there are 2 NPCs in 2 different spots in the water, make sure you get the order right since this one dies faster) and told him to retreat.
3)I went for the named crusader in the water (forgot his name) that was fighting a husk and some tendrils and told him to retreat.
4)I went for the priory girl and asura on the hill near Concordia (same side as the cave where Magister Lindsey was, but more towards Concordia). These two didn’t seem to be fighting anything and I think it’s safe to leave them for last. Make sure you tell BOTH of them to retreat, as soon as you do the achievement should pop up.

Also since I’ve seen a lot of theories around here: I was on a purple start (not the main quest) , I did it before the 10 minute timer ran out with a warrior and after it with a mesmer.

in Living World

godsie.2864

If you still have the eligible buff it means you haven’t gotten all NPCs yet. .

Wrong. I have gotten all the NPCS several times and still the eligibility buff remains it is not in this case due to this, but rather as the previous poster said because there is a bug and the NPC’s for most people are dying at the portal.

in Living World

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

It’s still bugged!

in Living World

Posted by: DougTheSlug.3920

DougTheSlug.3920

I just did this too. Rescued 7 guys (triggered their “retreat” chat and saw them run off) achievement bubble still showed as “possible”. I looked all over for anything beyond the 7 listed in dulfy’s guide, didn’t see anyone else.

As I approached the lab, the achievement bubble just disappeared and the achievement was not awarded…

in Living World

Posted by: Barry Elite.6139

Barry Elite.6139

I just did the instance and as said before by the others I saved 7 guys before they die and achievement did not trigger.

Now after approaching the lab the achievement disappeared and after the lab event I walked back and saw no dead npcs…
this mean i saved them all and achievement did not trigger.

in Living World

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

bugged.

the npcs die at the portal, which is unreachable, when approaching the lab. The achivement also disappears then.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

in Living World

Mortifer.2946

I think you have to be quick enough to save them all before one of them dies at the portal…. So I guess I have to do it with my thief :/

in Living World

Yasi.9065

Actually, I managed to “sneak” to the north of lab and saw no dead bodies on minimap. As soon as I triggered lab event → npcs died.

in Living World

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

When the timer for ‘Time waits for no one’ ends the achievement disapears. Will try to be quicker than the timer next time, was off by 10 seconds.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Living World

Posted by: Limitbreak.4829

Limitbreak.4829

For those of you still stuck, I managed to get the achievement by restarting the personal story. (Yes I’m aware that you need to replay it to even do the achieves.) For some reason, the achievement wouldn’t complete for me when I was doing the instance during an out-of-step replay (meaning you enter the instance when it’s a purple star), but it worked when I was on the story step.

I tried everything, but this! Going to test it right away

in Living World

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Probably best to just wait until they fix it. You know? to avoid more frustration.

in Living World

Posted by: Barry Elite.6139

Barry Elite.6139

Indeed I have attempted it the ‘’Right way’’ still didn’t work. This was what I did.

in Living World

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

TBH the green/purple icons make no difference.. I have done it all ways and all orders and still nothing.. and to be honest if you cant get achievements by using the chapter icons then there is little point in having them imo… simple fact is whatever ANET did to the achievement on Friday has messed it up royally… if it was working as intended they would on be right on the thread to say so.. instead of the usual silence.

in Living World

Posted by: Limitbreak.4829

Limitbreak.4829

TBH the green/purple icons make no difference.. I have done it all ways and all orders and still nothing.. and to be honest if you cant get achievements by using the chapter icons then there is little point in having them imo… simple fact is whatever ANET did to the achievement on Friday has messed it up royally… if it was working as intended they would on be right on the thread to say so.. instead of the usual silence.

Yeah, as i said i tested this out, leaving no doubt its totally bugged!

in Living World

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Honestly, trying to do it now is just a huge waste of time. Just wait for a fix.

in Living World

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

Well for me its bugged… I have run it at least 5 or 6 times, each time rescuing Lindsay, then speaking to all 7 of the Vigil soldiers and getting them to retreat. Each time the buff icon is active detailing the achievement is .. achievable, but every time nothing happens then go finish the story event.. still nowt… done this solo and in alternating group instances… its borked and I wont be wasting anymore time running it till it gets sorted.

Add to that the story often bugs out after clearing Concordia as it wont progress onto to rescuing Lindsay.. imo its a mess.

same for me, its bugged for sure.
defended each of the 7 npcs and told each to retreat. none died. after i had talked to all 7 i still had the achievment buff on the bar.
but the moment i start the next event the buff is gone….

in Living World

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

If you look to the NW – in the hashed out part of the map, there is a dead body (skull). Perhaps that is causing the problem for some of us.

SBI

in Living World

Chase.8415

I save all 7 citizens, and the achievement buff is still on my character. So I figured that if one of them died on the way to the asuran lab, I would lose the buff right? So after waiting about 5 minutes with the buff still on, I head to the lab and no one died. There’s not even a dead NPC in the hashed out area like everyone else is experiencing.

in Living World

Posted by: Wafer.6745

Wafer.6745

i confirmed my theory on this one.. if you noticed, there is a buff on those npc that makes them invulnerable.. what you need to do is to wait for the buff to expire then talk to them.. you need to keep them alive or the achievement will fail.. i talked to 7 npcs since i soloed doing this achievement.. all 7 npcs didnt die.. and i still have 2 mins on the 10 minute countdown.. i hope it helps.. good luck!

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

i confirmed my theory on this one.. if you noticed, there is a buff on those npc that makes them invulnerable.. what you need to do is to wait for the buff to expire then talk to them.. you need to keep them alive or the achievement will fail.. i talked to 7 npcs since i soloed doing this achievement.. all 7 npcs didnt die.. and i still have 2 mins on the 10 minute countdown.. i hope it helps.. good luck!

Nope. I’ve tried this numerous times to the point I can keep everyone alive in the first part without trying. Invulnerability buffs don’t affect it.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaitani.5423

Kaitani.5423

Nope. I’ve tried this numerous times to the point I can keep everyone alive in the first part without trying. Invulnerability buffs don’t affect it.

That’s odd, I tried getting this achievement numerous times the way you’d expect to (talk to the npcs asap), but as I noticed that buff they had I started suspecting that could be the cause of the achievement not triggering. So in I went again and made sure none of the npcs had the buff on when I talked to them. Talking to the last of them triggered the achievement immediately.
Some variable info on what people have attempted with:
- purple star instance
- had ~2 min left on the timer for the other achievement
- picked Rox
- failed to save all npcs at the first defend event

One thing that was weird though on this succesful attempt: no mobs spawned on the caravan guard (near the fort), and no mobs on the npc in the river either until after I had stood next to him ~20 seconds.

in Living World

godsie.2864

nope just tried it too as suggested by waiting for invulnerability buff to wear off managed all 7 still did not trigger

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Pathetic that it takes this long time to send a fix patch for it.

in Living World

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Myself personally, I killed all mobs, talked to all seven NPCs. After the seventh one, they all started walking. Still no achievement.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m going to attempt this achievement in the next few days. (Still completing the story for the first time on my 5 characters.) I’ll keep your information in mind, Kaitani and post my experiences afterwards.

in Living World

Posted by: NiftyNags.7946

NiftyNags.7946

Same problem here. Wasted so much time. Very frustrated. Need to get away from this game for a bit. I don’t think I can take listening to Sux and Broham go through their dialogue again for at least a few days.

To clarify: I do not get the achievement after rescuing the seven NPCs. When I get near the lab at the end, I lose the achievement buff. I think I have tried everything mentioned above, but still no achievement.

in Living World

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

lol, the upside of this bugged/RNG achievement is I become so familiar with this instance that it is easy to help a few fellow players to get “Drop like flies” and “Time waits for no one” on their first attempt, in between my 20+ attempts (I stopped counting after my 20th XD) at getting “On swift wings”.

Based on what I have read so far in this thread, to recap the main points:
1. you can get it either according to story sequence (green star) or repeat play/out of story sequence (purple star);
2. count down timer for “Time waits for no one” does not affect achievement;
3. there is no restriction on sequence/order of NPCs to attend to;
4. achievement is given the moment you have ordered the last NPC (7th for solo attempts, 12th for 2 players’ attempt, etc) to retreat, therefore we can call it a fail if nothing happens after spoken to last NPC;

I will like to ask a few qnes from those who got the achievements:
1) did any of your party member (or yourself during solo) get downed during the whole instance?
2) did Lindsay and her escorts get dizzy animation (when their respective hp reaches zero) during your attempt to rescue her?

Thanks in advance for your help, I getting sick of getting whacked by ooze when I afk’d while scouring the internet for solutions :p

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

in Living World

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

I didn’t let any of the NPCs die, I talked to them and the achievement failed.
It’s still bugged.

in Living World

Posted by: Kaitani.5423

Kaitani.5423

1) did any of your party member (or yourself during solo) get downed during the whole instance?
2) did Lindsay and her escorts get dizzy animation (when their respective hp reaches zero) during your attempt to rescue her?

1) I did it solo, didn’t get downed.
2) I’m not 100% sure about this, but I nuked the enemies in the cave so fast I really doubt they had time to do any damage to the npcs.