Only 1 More Patch!

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There is only 1 patch left before the end of the year. We are still missing the following that was supposed to be implemented before the end of the year:

1. New traits
2. New skills
3. Crafting to 500 for armor
4. Ascended armor
5. Precursor crafting (announced to be delayed)
6. New legendary weapons (announced to be delayed)
7. New PvP game modes (announced to be in the works after rewards update)
8. Legendary weapons in PvP (announced to be in the works in the next few months)

Congrats, All but 4 things made it in, and the 4 things that aren’t going to make it have been updated or elaborated on. Thank you devs for keeping us up to date as well as managing to get almost everything in. Obviously I was skeptical, but you managed to do it, so thank you.

I look forward to the 2014 roadmap.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

There is no patch for 24th…
https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/408664126752555008

so nope.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Nope, no patch on the 24th. There still could be one left his year but only if they do the 31st, but since the release page says for 6 weeks, I’m not expecting on the 31st (New Years Eve) either.

Response on twitter from Rubi:

@GuildWars2 https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/A-very-Merry-Wintersday-Topic/first#post3318279 … Brings up a good question: Will there still be a patch on Dec 24th? Its Christmas week so I hope not 1/2

Guild Wars 2 ?@GuildWars2 2m

There will not be. Thanks for the wish for a holiday break for us! ~RB2 #GW2

Link

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

1. New traits
2. New skills
4. Ascended armor
8. Legendary weapons in PvP (announced to be in the works in the next few months)

Congrats, All but 4 things made it in, and the 4 things that aren’t going to make it have been updated or elaborated on. Thank you devs for keeping us up to date as well as managing to get almost everything in. Obviously I was skeptical, but you managed to do it, so thank you.

So it’s practically 50% completion. #5 and #6 didn’t make it, so it’s not really elaboration at all, since the only detail we got is “nope, not this year”. You can hardly call that “elaboration”. And #5 been on their “list” second time in a row this year and they didn’t deliver.
Now #1 and #2 are hardly anything close to what they said they would do. #2 (new skills) that’s 2 healing skills and… Nope that’s it. #1 New Traits… Wait… What new traits? They’re the same old traits we had, just rebalanced. And rebalancing hardly counts as “new traits” since it’s being done every few months.
So aside from rewards from dungeons and champs and crafting ascended items, and a whole two new skills, we got the list down to maybe… 35% complete I’d say.
Now I’m not hating on Anet for not delivering. But the things people were the most excited about was omitted once again.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Sadly with all these posts about “buhuh they didn’t give us what promised!!!!” it is quite possible that they will simply stop with those blog-posts entirely.
Since people apparently don’t understand what a plan is.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Sadly with all these posts about “buhuh they didn’t give us what promised!!!!” it is quite possible that they will simply stop with those blog-posts entirely.

I’m not saying they did a bad job. I’m saying that certain things been on their list since way back in January.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Considering the dev team(s) have about 4 months to get their content in a playable state, I’d say 50% is pretty darn impressive. If it was 50% but they had 8 months (essentially at half the current release rate), I’d be disappointed.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

1. New traits
2. New skills
4. Ascended armor

So it’s practically 50% completion. #5 and #6 didn’t make it, so it’s not really elaboration at all, since the only detail we got is “nope, not this year”. You can hardly call that “elaboration”. And #5 been on their “list” second time in a row this year and they didn’t deliver.
Now #1 and #2 are hardly anything close to what they said they would do. #2 (new skills) that’s 2 healing skills and… Nope that’s it. #1 New Traits… Wait… What new traits? They’re the same old traits we had, just rebalanced. And rebalancing hardly counts as “new traits” since it’s being done every few months.
So aside from rewards from dungeons and champs and crafting ascended items, and a whole two new skills, we got the list down to maybe… 35% complete I’d say.
Now I’m not hating on Anet for not delivering. But the things people were the most excited about was omitted once again.

This was really just the updated list since last patch. I have posted similar lists for the past 3-4 updates. The list started a year ago with about 30 items on it. Those have slowly been added until we were down to these final few. There are actually 9 new healing skills, not 2, so it is at least a good start on the new skills, and they seem to be picking up pace there.

Traits I’ll admit isn’t very thrilling, technically they are “new” since they are completely reworked with different functionality. But it is only a small subset, and they never actually added new ones just replaced some.

I will say it is fairly sad that we still don’t have precursor crafting. It’s been almost 13 months since they first said they were going to implement a new system… this better be one heck of a system… If it really takes them 13 months to implement a new MF recipe then I suspect a lot of people will be mad.

The PvP changes are coming, the new blog post details them pretty nicely, we will see how long they take. I would have liked them this year, but at least they provided a real update on it.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: ThFH.6048

ThFH.6048

I agree that whining can make ArenaNet decide not to reveal their future plans. However ArenaNet should not have given a timespan in which they were planning to release these things.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Give ANET a break. They push content every 2 weeks, I think they deserve a break for Wintersday.

At the same time, I think we should applaud the programmers for all their hard work!

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

I wouldn’t consider new traits or new skills. Really they added 2 new healing skills and that’s it. Ill give them credit for trying but that’s not going to cut it. And the new traits were simply balance fixes for getting ride of unused skills. I would uncheck those two.

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Heta.8629

Heta.8629

I wouldn’t consider new traits or new skills. Really they added 2 new healing skills and that’s it. Ill give them credit for trying but that’s not going to cut it. And the new traits were simply balance fixes for getting ride of unused skills. I would uncheck those two.

Counting this upcoming release they will have 1 universal heal and 1 for each profession so that’s a lot more than 2. New traits have been introduced like cleansing ire, dhuumfire, and one with air. Many more traits are getting a total revamp like diamond skin.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I agree that whining can make ArenaNet decide not to reveal their future plans. However ArenaNet should not have given a timespan in which they were planning to release these things.

Indeed, but if they don’t people complain about them not telling us anything other than “we are working on it”.

So I don’t really see what they can do without people complaining.

The main issue is that people don’t seem to understand what a plan is nor what the statement “subject to change” means.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

Give ANET a break. They push content every 2 weeks, I think they deserve a break for Wintersday.

At the same time, I think we should applaud the programmers for all their hard work!

Well, no one really asked them to push new content every two weeks. They put that burden on themselves. In fact, there are threads that call on them to slow the heck down to focus on quality instead. We are not gona die if new content is once per 1 or 2 months There are tons of concerns raised since the release that are not addressed. I think we deserve a break from the rush of new contents and from Scarlet.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Dudes, we got the LFG tool this year and the rarity borders for inventory items. Those alone are like the best things of all time. Thanks ANet!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Master Yi.6129

Master Yi.6129

This is why I never get on board with ANet’s hype trains. They never fail to disappoint.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

That just isn’t reality, sorry to say. You have 3 crafting items that didn’t get in and one pvp.

On the other hand, there are lots of things they did which were not on that list such as this new WvW zone.

It is positively nuts to say they only delivered 50%. You may argue quite passionately and honestly that the things you were looking for from the roadmap got reprioritized. That is fair enough. The worst roadmaps are those that are rigidly followed.

You have to be honest and remember that roadmaps meet reality. Technical reality I would agree they need to be the expert and make their promises work. So they should know what is technically possible and predict effort/difficulty fairly well. On the other hand, the customer/player community often shows that they have interests different than what was expected. It is quite hard to predict the interests and behavior of players in an MMO. Then, you need to adapt.

Remember when the game was released and the thought was players would be most interested in spvp? Well, it turns out WvW has outperformed in player interest relative to expectation while spvp has underperformed. So the roadmap logically changed. Is that because pvp wasn’t good enough? Is that because WvW was better than expected? Debate that all you want. More importantly, if it is that pvp missed is that because of any of the items you listed? So, you adapt a roadmap.

Most of what was missed, I will never miss save new PvP maps but they are making HUGE changes to spvp that are far more impactful (levels, rewards, impact on other parts of the game). That was a greater need for many but certainly not all.

If disappointed, ok. But 50% miss rate, really?

Sorry you were disappointed. I am not. I just feel ANET was flexible.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

pushing out halfbaked content because you set yourself a rushed schedule to do so is rather disappointing compared to taking the time required to create quality, meaningful content. quality over quantity any day. bad content is bad.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Azzer.8137

Azzer.8137

So many of you are total negatives and it’s saddening cause that means people that like the forums are gonna drop and all we are left with is you guys complaining about stuff you get for FREE every 2 weeks,

Go ahead though and make a better game that sells just as well and is as a live as this game, then when you announce something and fail on it you’ll see that not everything can be done easily, Arenanet have made a really great game with loads of free updates constantly, they keep, us as the playerbase, occupied all the time and doing lots of stuff for us, instead of just slinging criticism about everything in the game, either stop playing it a while and come back (again, it’s free to take a break) or give some constructive criticism they can actually work with instead of “OMG HALFBAKED CONTENT LOLOLLOLOLOO YOLO SWAG”.

There is loads of quality in these updates but it seems like most of you guys want the instant gratification you get when player other games, this won’t happen.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

be grateful for what we ARE given already, folk. and i daresay that
s quite a lot. : )) it’s Christmas soon. or holidays for those who are more PC-minded. everyone just take a break, relax in game and out and enjoy the best you can.D

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We’re still missing level 500 jeweller and cook. All crafting professions were supposed to be updated this year.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Still though i was hoping for new weapons to proffesions, something like greatsword on elementalist

but i guess this is long away. we only got 1 new universal heal, and 1 more per class, even if they are actually new skills they are not what i was expecting :/

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

AysonCurrax.3254

give some constructive criticism they can actually work with instead of “OMG HALFBAKED CONTENT LOLOLLOLOLOO YOLO SWAG”.

give some constructive criticism

constructive criticism

OMG HALFBAKED CONTENT LOLOLLOLOLOO YOLO SWAG

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

give some constructive criticism they can actually work with instead of “OMG HALFBAKED CONTENT LOLOLLOLOLOO YOLO SWAG”.

constructive criticism

You missed one part:

instead of

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

AysonCurrax.3254

constructive criticism

You missed one part:

instead of

not really. the point of my post was to point out that he himself isnt exactly being constructive there.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: byjiang.1260

byjiang.1260

be grateful for what we ARE given already, folk.

We, as the paying customer, have every right to voice complaints when the product fails to meet our standards.

It’s a business relationship and ANet’s not a charity. We have no reason whatsoever to be “grateful”.

When the product is of quality, we the customer show support by paying. When the product is a baby cat, we publicly announce how bad it is and finally proceed to leave without a backward glance.

Simple as that.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

We, as the paying customer, have every right to voice complaints when the product fails to meet our standards.

It’s a business relationship and ANet’s not a charity. We have no reason whatsoever to be “grateful”.

When the product is of quality, we the customer show support by paying. When the product is a baby cat, we publicly announce how bad it is and finally proceed to leave without a backward glance.

Simple as that.

Oh, I must have missed that part of the box that said that I would get new updates every second week all year around.

When I bought the game I didn’t see anything at all about any kind of updates after release, but I suppose that might have changed since then.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Simple as that.

Oh, I must have missed that part of the box that said that I would get new updates every second week all year around.

When I bought the game I didn’t see anything at all about any kind of updates after release, but I suppose that might have changed since then.

The only updates I expected were small balancing patches until an Expansion. The Living World came as a pleasant surprise. I think they just need to go back to, say, the Flame and Frost level of content releases. They weren’t bit, they had a month, and they all tied into one another in a very satisfying and reasonable way. I was very happy with how Flame and Frost was handled.

I don’t mind bi-weekly updates for fun things I can ignore or just take my time to enjoy, like the Four Winds Bazaar or the Super Adventure Box. Pity that both of those disappeared though. I’d have loved to have seen both remain. The Super Adventure Box in particular. I don’t much like Jumping Puzzles, but the Box has this amazing old school charm that makes it an amazing mini game.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: byjiang.1260

byjiang.1260

Simple as that.

That is the business model they chose. I care only about the quality, not the frequency of updates.

Video games are not food which you cannot live without. It’s like desserts. One delicate desserts every couple days which cost not too much and I’d be extremely happy. Eating desserts that are free but taste like kitten every 2 min, I’d just puke.

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

You claim you care only about quality but yet you seem annoyed because they won’t release something a day before most of the people won’t be at the office to fix potential issues. That does seem a bit weird.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

Lets get a patch on the 23rd

Only 1 More Patch!

in Living World

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

People like you OP is why we can’t have nice things. You are the type of person that is the reason most game devs become so tight lipped about everything. You shouldn’t expect every plan they divulge to be an end all promise. Plans change. Just because it will be delayed doesn’t mean you should declare them liars. They have reasons to delay development. If something they are doing turns out to flop, they will take a step back to rework it. That takes pieces of time from future content. Be glad they don’t just narrowmindedly stay the course and ignore problems that arise from present and past content. It’s just a game folks. It’s not like they set out to disappoint you. They want to succeed just like any other human would.