*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s likely not available because the bug wiped knowledge of the recipe being unlocked from your account when the story was restarted. The fix prevents this from happening again but it doesn’t retroactively unlock the recipe for those that had it before.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Wander.5780

Wander.5780

I started another thread on this topic before I read this, my bad. Just to add my 2 cents, isn’t it amazing that Anet can create a system that facilitates you having items in your inventory that literally do not exist in the game for 2+ years after they were removed yet they cant find a way to have a LS quest item stay in your inventory longer than 20 hours.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Lol that’s really annoying, reminds me of Zelda Majora’s Mask where you had to repeat all the stuff after the 3-day-reset.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I’m not a fan of this whole mechanic on the map. I wish it was just a general account-wide unlock. Sort of like a mastery. Once done you never have to worry about it again.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Luckily I heard about all this on the forums before I played this Episode. So I made a list of everything to do in the Bitter Cold and did it all when I was there the first time. Done and never going back.

If Anet hadn’t made the process of going there so tedious, that area of the map would get more use…

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Luckily I heard about all this on the forums before I played this Episode. So I made a list of everything to do in the Bitter Cold and did it all when I was there the first time. Done and never going back.

If Anet hadn’t made the process of going there so tedious, that area of the map would get more use…

There’s no reason to go there once you’ve gotten everything from that area. It would likely get as much use as it does now even if it were easier to get cold resistance.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Wander.5780

Wander.5780

After how great the ember bay zone was in episode 2, this zone is a major disappointment.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

The Bitter Cold is a general disappointment. Once you are done with the story and a few single-run account bound achievements, there is no reason to go back there, ever. That the mechanics behind the zone are so broken that they cause this much trouble in spite of this is all the more ludicrous.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I think they could have done more with the tree and bouncing up them higher as almost a jumping puzzle. There is one tree that is leaning over that if they leaned it over more it could act as a platform to gain altitude. The cave is kind of a waste except for the story and there is much on top of it that is blocked off. Still no snow truffle farm.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

The Bitter Cold is a general disappointment. Once you are done with the story and a few single-run account bound achievements, there is no reason to go back there, ever. That the mechanics behind the zone are so broken that they cause this much trouble in spite of this is all the more ludicrous.

There are many other zones that are exactly the same. On the other hand, the zone is a great way to farm ascended accessories.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I think the daily reset has to go. I had to remake my potion cause I made my potion a 6pm. Lucky for my I had most of the mats already. (even had bought my firestone twice during the initial bug) But, seeing a 20 hour buff disapear and then you die a bitter death was surprising to say the least. Leave it for 20 in game hours, that should be it. No need to reset buff on reset.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

So many days in and not fixed. I got to the point where I was going to start the next part of my story at “Chilblains – Hunt Jormag’s Abomination”. I had a 20 hour buff so I logged off. I logged in dead. I’m done with this story.

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

Did the quest to brew the elixir yesterday and logged off, came in today to continue only to find it had worn off. Not even a single warning that this is how it works. This has to be the dumbest idea I’ve seen the devs come up with, locking story / achievement progress behind a repetitive grinding task, aren’t we already doing enough grinding in this game already?

*PLEASE FIX* Bitter cold

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Very bad idea to let players work to get a buff and that buff can wear off LITERALLY RIGHT AFTER THEY GET IT if they happen to get the buff right before reset.

You know why it is this way? Because Anet wanted to make the buff a Daily to make more to do in the map. And since it is a Daily it has to reset with daily reset.

Basically, Anet didn’t make enough to do in the map for whatever reason and so the players get the shaft.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol