Please.. long dialogue sequences

in Living World

Posted by: Fuzzy Pug.8936

Fuzzy Pug.8936

I speak for myself here, but I know plenty of other people who feel the same way.
Anyway, In recent Living Story episodes, there have been so many looooooong boring dialogue sequences between NPC’s.

The new LS achievement and reward system does not help, in order to get all the achievements and rewards for each episode, we’re forced to go through it 3, maybe 4 times.. with the same loooong unskippable dialogues and cutscenes.

Is this a tactical decision to get(force) people to spend more time doing the living story, to justify Arenanets obsession with it? (stats say it’s popular right? not dungeons that hundreds of people do every single day)

I’ve been playing pretty much every day since beta, I’m just getting upset that it’s becoming an entirely different game.

/rant, <3 Fuzzy

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

in Living World

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

We should be able to skip on the first playthrough, too. Some of us really don’t care all that much for the storylines the game offers, and would rather not listen to or watch any of it.

In any events, unskippable cutscenes and unskippable dialog needs to be removed, from everywhere in the game. It’s just annoying, and limits the re-playability of content.

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Well, that may be pushing it, Zui.
Being able to skip during replay is legitimate and a no brainer. 1st time through, may be a different matter(from Anets perspective). But I agree the player should be able to make that decision regardless of 1st or 5th time through LS.

in Living World

Zui.9245

Well, that may be pushing it, Zui.
Being able to skip during replay is legitimate and a no brainer. 1st time through, may be a different matter(from Anets perspective). But I agree the player should be able to make that decision regardless of 1st or 5th time through LS.

Virtually every single game I’ve ever played lets me skip things the first time around. The LS should be no different. Especially since the story part of LS is much lower quality story than many other games provide.

If they don’t want people to skip, they should give us the option to do so, but make the story good enough that we don’t want to.

in Living World

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I disagree. I feel there should be more and longer dialogue! And it should be twice as long, twice as corny, and with three new characters that can steal the credit from the hero. Oh, then bring back Scarlet. We all know she faked her death on the Breachmaker.

in Living World

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

Some people like dialogue and don’t require constant action to be entertained. I’ve really enjoyed all the dialogue in season 2 so far.

Blackgate

in Living World

Zui.9245

Some people like dialogue and don’t require constant action to be entertained. I’ve really enjoyed all the dialogue in season 2 so far.

People are just suggesting we be able to skip the dialog. If you like it, don’t skip it. You liking it shouldn’t force others to sit and listen to it.

I think the problem here is that ANET would rather we listened to it, as it creates the illusion of more content, to the LS, which is short content with very limited replay value in the first place.