Please make Fossilised Insects tradeable.

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

There are a lot of people wanting to craft the weapons who can’t find them because of RNG… and there are people like myself who got lucky and had one (or, in may case, 3) as drops but don’t intend to use them.

These items should be tradeable on the TP, that way anyone can either craft what they want or get a little proffit out of an otherwise useless-to-them rare drop. And more money goes into the money sink through the TP fees. Everybody wins!

I understand that ANet has responded to the many requests to add more items that are obtained through gameplay rather than cash (which is great, thank you for this!), but don’t spoil it at the end and hide them behind such RNG! The costs to craft these weapons in account bound geodes are already high enough to require some farming…

in Living World

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

+1 here for this. More items should be available for the TP versus less, this item seemed like a good fit with its drop rate.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in Living World

Posted by: Silencer.7614

Silencer.7614

Completely agree. There are far to many items that are account bound and it’s just sad. If a Legendary weapon can be sold on the trading post then so should everything else that is not used by a character. I still don’t understand why Ascended crafted gear can’t be sold on TP. Arenanet can’t use the excuse that it’s cause of the karma used to make it since so much more karma goes into making a legendary.

in Living World

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I agree it should be tradeable. I got one, I’m not particularly interested in the weapons so I wish I could sell it.

I do disagree it should be tradeable simply because that’s how legendaries are. Just because Legendaries are the highest end equipment in the game doesn’t mean everything else should be acquired and available similarly. I like the idea of account bound items that you can’t buy, that you must accomplish something for.

RNG to me is not an accomplishment. Things that are RNG should be tradeable. Honestly Legendaries are more RNG to me at this point, but that’s off topic. If it requires an actual accomplishment though (Liadri Mini as an example) I think it should not be tradeable.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Living World

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

YES pls.
i don’t like the skins (but oddly enough, some people seem to love them) and thus don’t want to make one. hate to have to discard my “RNG win” for nothing. right now, it wastes a space in my inventory.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: Meehael.8240

Meehael.8240

Yes, please! Make them tradable!

Intel i7-3770, MSI GTX1070 8GB, Asus P8H61 Pro, 16GB DDR3 @1600 MHz,
Corsair CX500 PSU, Kingston V300 60GB SSD

in Living World

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

If it’s RNG it should be on the TP. Then people who have a surplus can trade with people who have a shortfall.

If somebody at the new Anet wants them restricted to people who got them personally at Dry Top, they should not be RNG.

The trading post would make RNG acceptable.

in Living World

Posted by: kyojin.8129

kyojin.8129

Wanted one for dagger, got one fossil happiness, while i was gathering geode enough to buy the recipe i got another, that put me in a downward spiral that made me find a total of 5…. After i got enough geode the get all the recipes i run away from Dry Top and still never returned.
Yeah make them tradable!

in Living World

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Well, I guess I’ll be the one who disagrees. By making them untradeable, I’m forced to play for my weapon skin, if I want it. We have already had plenty of skins that you can acquire immediately as long as you have 50-100g. I’ve seen quite a few posts asking for ANet to add some skins that need to be acquired by playing. It would be nice if it was a skill gate instead of an RNG gate, but I still prefer this to gemstore/TP only skins.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Living World

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Wanted one for dagger, got one fossil happiness, while i was gathering geode enough to buy the recipe i got another, that put me in a downward spiral that made me find a total of 5…. After i got enough geode the get all the recipes i run away from Dry Top and still never returned.
Yeah make them tradable!

I’m with you on this. I’ve only gotten one fossil, but I’m a somewhat casual player, as I play maybe 2 hours per night, and sometimes less. Since I got the fossil, I’ve been doing nothing else but farming for geodes to get the recipe…. for ONE weapon… that I don’t even really want. The only reason I’m attempting to make it is because I hate to waste the lucky drop and I can’t sell the fossil.

I would like to have fun in my game, not feel compelled to farm for stuff I don’t need or want. Please do make these tradeable. Thank you.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Living World

Posted by: Sumashu.4168

Sumashu.4168

RNG to me is not an accomplishment. Things that are RNG should be tradeable. Honestly Legendaries are more RNG to me at this point, but that’s off topic. If it requires an actual accomplishment though (Liadri Mini as an example) I think it should not be tradeable.

100% Agree.
RNG = Tradeable
Accomplishment = Bounded

in Living World

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

Nope.

Make them a tier 5 award only. 1000 geodes each.

That will give you something to do.

in Living World

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I would be happy if we could trade them. I like the ambrite skins and eventually hope to make them all. However, I have a friend who would like to build a look based on those skins. If I could I would give a couple of the ones I have to him. He hasn’t gotten one yet.

in Living World

ozmaniandevil.6805

Nope.

Make them a tier 5 award only. 1000 geodes each.

That will give you something to do.

That would be fine to me too, since then at least if you want one, you can work for it. If you don’t, you can do something else or use your geodes for something else.

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

At least this thread is asking for a solution and not just moaning about how unfair RNG is. I agree some other alternative needs to be introduced (eventually).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Living World

Posted by: Nyx.1256

Nyx.1256

I did not want to make an ambrite weapon to begin with but since I got one of these as a drop I now feel like I have to, like many people said before me. However, since then I got 2 more drops whereas people in my guild have been farming for these without luck.
I would love to either give them these or sell it on trading post. But if we can’t do either, can anet at least put an option into the fossilized merchant to exchange extra unidentified fossiziled insects for some geodes so I don’t have to grind these events so tediously to make even one weapon…

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Its been said before, but bears repeating… yes, please for the love of everything make them tradeable. People who want them are getting nothing, people who don’t want them are swimming in them (someone linked a stack of 14 yesterday, didn’t mention if he wanted them or not but I assume not if he isn’t using them). And neither group wins, the people who want them and get none are obviously not happy, and the people who get them and have nothing to do with them but delete them are getting “worthless” loot for their time.

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

RNG = Tradeable
Accomplishment = Bounded

I think this sums it up really, and I full agree with this idea.

| Lithia |

in Living World

Posted by: Beraphim.3476

Beraphim.3476

I think the entire point of the ambrite set is to keep Dry Top a relevant zone. You have to trade geodes for lockpicks and the only way to get geodes is by completing events in Dry Top only. I imagine there are better solutions than just making the fossils tradeable.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Then they need to make a way that players who get Fossils, but don’t want them, feel like they’ve been rewarded, and a way for the unlucky players who want an Ambrite weapon, but just can’t get one, to be able to work towards it. If Fossils aren’t going to be tradable, then we need the following:

1. The ability to trade Unid Fossils to Gentt for Ambrite/Geodes/Lockpicks, so players in Group A at least have something to do with the Fossils than just destroy them.

2. The ability for players in Group B to earn Fossils by trading a high amount of Geodes (I’ll leave it up to ANet to decide what would be a reasonable amount) to the vendor. Fossils might only become available at T4 or T5, giving incentive for players to cooperate in the map.

Alternatively, since the Giant is now starting to be killed very rarely (players have worked out it’s much more profitable to just farm Geodes in other events than waste time at the Giant), killing the Giant has a chance to drop Unid Fossils.

in Living World

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I agree, but they’d be so expensive I wouldn’t be able to afford it.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Not insects. Fully crafted weapons

And open it up after month or two.

That way, actual crafters could finally earn some money on their craft, not just selling specific components and have fun with that.

We need that.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

All of the launch dungeons have a token system because, as anet said at the time, having to repeat content over and over praying to the RNG gods to get the drop you want isn’t fun. But they also wanted to have rewards tied specifically to content, obtainable no other way. The token system is therefore the perfect compromise. They also made it so you could trade in tokens for generic rares, giving value to tokens even if you didn’t want the skins. Win-win.

That’s why I like the previously suggested idea of fossil fragments. Each chest would drop at least one fragment. The bug merchant would trade these fragments for skin-recipes, but also perhaps cactus fruit or.. something matching the theme of drytop but trade-able on the tp. That way if you have no interest in skins you are still getting something out of it.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

(edited by rfdarko.4639)

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

To my mind, these weapons have a consistent style that would lead people to want none or lots of them. One odd weapon isn’t a great cosmetic. The random account bound drops do not suit people who want none or people who want many, so it serves nobody it fact.

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Then they need to make a way that players who get Fossils, but don’t want them, feel like they’ve been rewarded, and a way for the unlucky players who want an Ambrite weapon, but just can’t get one, to be able to work towards it. If Fossils aren’t going to be tradable, then we need the following:

1. The ability to trade Unid Fossils to Gentt for Ambrite/Geodes/Lockpicks, so players in Group A at least have something to do with the Fossils than just destroy them.

2. The ability for players in Group B to earn Fossils by trading a high amount of Geodes (I’ll leave it up to ANet to decide what would be a reasonable amount) to the vendor. Fossils might only become available at T4 or T5, giving incentive for players to cooperate in the map.

-snip-

These are some great suggestions and I could really get behind the ideea of getting lockpicks or geodes for the unidentified fossils. My love of opening chests makes me think more fossils will come my way and I would hate to have them go to waste.

At the moment I am considering making one of these weapons just to support ANet’s initiative to add more weapons to the game to be obtained by gameplay and not cash (I hope there is someone monitoring how many of these are made to see if the ideea was popular, so I would like to add my contribution to that!).

To me it seems best not to hide part of the components behind RNG, but to rather tie them to achievements or even farming. Stuff that requires actual gameplay. And, yes, technically the current system does require actual gameplay, but the RNG can be very broken at times, thus leaving many people with either a lack of- or an overabundance of the account bound component…

in Living World

ozmaniandevil.6805

I agree SkyFalls. I love the fact that these weapons are 1) area specific, 2) not tied to the gem shop and 3) need you to do something to obtain them. However, it’s #3 that needs work. Some people get them for literally showing up and opening one chest while others slog away for nothing. I really think some great suggestions have been put forth in this thread and I really hope ANet implements something from them.

in Living World

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

This. I have an insect and I would like to be able to sell it since the theme goes with none of my chars.

in Living World

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

I support this! I have no problem with RNG, but only if i can actually sell what i dont need..

in Living World

Posted by: AntiBodies.8342

AntiBodies.8342

Would be totally against selling them on TP. The prices would plummet to current exotic prices approx 2G probably even less as you cant salvage them for Dark Matter.. There would be no need to open chests to get the skins anymore and the whole system would be trivial.

As others have said I think it is great that you have to do something in a specific area to get these skins. If skins like this were acquired for every area in the game how cool would that be? Its a good system going forward.

I suggested this in other threads but the best thing would be to be able to buy the Insect at the Top Tier (T5 or when last area is revealed possibly T6) for geodes (500-1000). This gives a non-random guarantied reward for players that are unlucky.

You could potentially have a purpose for unneeded insects. As the rarity is about that of an exotic drop just let players salvage them for Glob of Dark Matter but don’t let it be sold on TP.

in Living World

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

What accountbound really hurts are the people who are selfless enough to just give away extras to friends/guildies/random players. I love giving stuff away to people who could use it. Accountbound shoots that right in the foot, however. That’s something I’d really like to see Anet change.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

in Living World

Posted by: Shadowzerk.4715

Shadowzerk.4715

agreed. i farmed with my main account, after almost 2 weeks, i got 0 (nothing)
one of my friend left GW2 for a year, came back last night, after LW E2 story, he found 2 with his free lockpicks…… and he doesnt even want it!
come on ANet, this is GW2, not WoW……
stop making everything Account bound pls

this is sad and stupid

Sanctum of Rall – Frontier Commander of DNS