PvP reward tracks

PvP reward tracks

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

When reward tracks were implemented, ANet said that they were going to release new ones as part of the living story chapters. Am I the only one who was actually looking forward to those?

We are now 3 (4 as of tomorrow) chapters into season 2 – many think that the mid-season break marks “half-time” – and I don’t see a PvP reward track implemented.

It would have been easy to add a reward track that rewards a small number of geodes, a foxfire on completed tiers, and a fossilized insect upon completion. This would have fixed the issue that some players, thanks to RNG, just can’t get a fossil, no matter how hard they try.

I am not saying this because I want “free stuff” (in fact, I have the ambrite skins I wanted, and I’m done with the backpack item for now, and I also made some sweet profit selling time-gated plant food on the TP in the last two weeks. I feel I got my time’s worth. But I do also feel for players who prefer to spend the majority of their time in PvP and who were promised otherwise.)

Does this mean that ANet has abandoned the idea? Or will something be added later to keep us busy during the mid-season break? Or maybe the thought just never occurred? Which is it? I’d love to know.

PvP reward tracks

in Living World

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I think we’ll see it on Tuesday, assuming the entirety of Dry Top is released. And for good reasons.

Every other reward track has loot boxes from enemies all throughout the region/dungeon. It only makes sense to me that we’ll see a Dry Top reward track after all of the enemies/mobs are introduced to the zone. It wouldn’t make sense if we got a Dry Top reward track on episode 1 that had a Legendary Sand Giant box.

Plus introducing the respective reward track a few months later than PvE makes sense too. Let’s say the final reward is a chest of your choice of head gear. You wouldn’t want the player population to run PvP to get a guaranteed chance at the skins. Now the skins cost less than a gold, rather than 10+ gold.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

PvP reward tracks

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

well in a couple of weeks there will be a time gated SAB reward track for sure

mhmhm…

im not sure if sab will be there in a few weeks but…
ofc anet has not forgotten our pvp reward tracks…

ive seen plenty reward tracks since they changed pvp and added reward tracks
(in my dreams)

given htat there were not many situations to give us a new reward track since there were a few weeks pause and dry tops not full yet…
but …meh…
we will see in just a matter of hours

PvP reward tracks

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

From the articles I just read, it looks like we’ll be getting some new pvp rewards as part of the DR2 update today. Of course….that could mean new reward tracks, or just new rewards added to existing tracks. The tease only says we’re getting some today…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

PvP reward tracks

in Living World

Posted by: kiwiburner.2186

kiwiburner.2186

Arid Region Reward Track confirmed for today’s patch (the Dry Top stuff).

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=34881

“poopsock made it past the filters!” -stinkypants.8419