Removing JP or make them optional

in Living World

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

First I want to say that I’m glad that you are thinking about the people that want jumping puzzles and I appreciate that, but I think ANET needs to start thinking about the people that absolutely hate them with a passion.

Now I’ll be the first to say that I hate them. It’s almost a game breaker and I know most people in almost every single guild I’ve ever been in feel the same way. Does it mean that we want to be given a “free lunch”? Of course not. So ANET please give us something as an alternative to the jumping puzzles. I would rather spend 20-50% more time doing something that I can actually accomplish and enjoy it. Most people that hate jumping puzzles hate them so much they would rather grind.

So with that thanks,
Golo

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

in Living World

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

I agree that I’ve really had it with all the jumping puzzles taking center stage with LS. I don’t mind that JP exist, I just don’t like the fact that 50 AP requires it from the last update.

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Man and here I am thinking I want more jumping puzzles. I love them so much lol.

It does lock people out that hate and/or are terrible at jumping puzzles. I know my GF skips anything JP related, or I have to do them for her. Luckily for her I love them so…

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The main issue with this is the fact that there will always be a group that “hates” something, no matter what ArenaNet do. So they simply can’t please everyone.

And btw, the JPs ARE optional.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Honestly, I can’t think of a single thing in Guildwars 2 that is MANDATORY in order to play the game and have fun.

in Living World

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i hate jp with a passion but they are optional yopu can do other thing. it would hurt if there a few more other type of achievements but i dont mind if there are some jp achievements some people love the jp’s

in Living World

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

More new content that is not Jumping puzzles would be much appreciated but they ARE optional. They aren’t required to get the top tier gear or for accessing other non jumping puzzle related content.

in Living World

Posted by: Blazing Rathalos.1904

Blazing Rathalos.1904

They ARE required for the permanent Quartz node, I believe. There simply aren’t enough other achievements to reach 16.

Then again, I’m not Arenanet, and everything in
the above post could be complete and utter nonsense.

(edited by Blazing Rathalos.1904)

in Living World

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Jump puzzles are and have always been optional…There is no reason to “remove” them from the game, and that would be really insensitive to all the players who enjoy them. And every living story comes with a whole assortment of things to do, from dungeons to story missions to exploring a new area, to searching the pve world for kites/boxes/whatever, to jump puzzles, to all sorts of things.

And as jump puzzles ARE a part of this game, and there is a set limit of them, it is VERY nice of Anet to include some jump-puzzle stuff in new content, whether it’s achievements requiring jump puzzles or adding new puzzles to the game. Because plenty of players do enjoy jump puzzles and it’s exciting for us to be recognized and rewarded in that way. And there is so much non-jumping stuff, both temporary and permanent in this game that it’s really selfish of JP-haters to demand for Anet to entirely stop with the jumping content. It’s optional. You don’t have to do it. What if I said “Anet please remove or stop updating WvW because I personally don’t like it?” or “Please remove maps or stop making new ones because I hate exploring and it takes a lot of time and work to get map completion”.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in Living World

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Then do the grind then for the 16 achievements without doing the JPs there are 16 alternatives.

1. Strangers from the Sky
2. Voyage to the Bazaar
3. Ascent to Zephyr Sanctum
4. Diverse Trader
5. Grandmaster of Om
6. Sanctum Sprint
7. Parachute Pilferer
8. Kookoochoo the Incredulous
9. Poor Man’s Kite
10. Kite Bombing
11. Colossal Kites
12. Like Clockwork
13. Crowd Favorite
14. Crystal Obsessed
15. Pickup Completionist
16. Lessons from the Sky/Speedy Sprinter/Sanctum Sprinter/Kites of Iron/Kites of the Night/Best. Dive. Ever.

So yes you have a lot of options. The sky crystals aren’t JPs they are easy to acquire with very little jumping at all. You mostly have to be creative with your 3 abilities. Sanctum Sprint is easy as well and it doesn’t involve jumping except a few vertical ones (which isn’t complex). Best dive is easy to acquire and even if you aren’t that great there is a video by Dulfy that makes it easy and do know Dulfy doesn’t like JPs either but she managed to acquire these achievements. Kites of Iron is easy and it is simply jumps (something I know most people do in this game already moving around). When it shakes just pause and take your time. Kites of Night is easy too and the kite isn’t located at the end either. As you can see you can easily acquire 16 achievements and if you don’t mind grinding then certainly you shouldn’t mind having to try a few times instead of just getting the first time for some of these. Kite Bombing just requires some drops and jumping small gaps very easy to acquire the achievement.

Pretty much it is easy to acquire 16 achievements and for different people it might take more time because you might fail a few times or you just need to put a bit more effort (trial and error). So in a sense you can grind your way to it.

Lastly, the node isn’t mandatory at all it gives something for those that complete the achievements. But if you don’t have it you will just miss out on a few quartz per day which isn’t a big deal. If you wanted the boxes you can always grind the other materials to trade it in and you are willing to grind. On top of that, you can only make one charged per day and most people have an excess amount of quartz around.

in Living World

Posted by: Braxis.8396

Braxis.8396

Then do the grind then for the 16 achievements without doing the JPs there are 16 alternatives.

2. Voyage to the Bazaar
4. Diverse Trader
5. Grandmaster of Om
6. Sanctum Sprint
7. Parachute Pilferer
9. Poor Man’s Kite
10. Kite Bombing
11. Colossal Kites
12. Like Clockwork
13. Crowd Favorite
14. Crystal Obsessed
15. Pickup Completionist
16. Lessons from the Sky/Speedy Sprinter/Sanctum Sprinter/Kites of Iron/Kites of the Night/Best. Dive. Ever.

So yes you have a lot of options. The sky crystals aren’t JPs they are easy to acquire with very little jumping at all. You mostly have to be creative with your 3 abilities. Sanctum Sprint is easy as well and it doesn’t involve jumping except a few vertical ones (which isn’t complex). Best dive is easy to acquire and even if you aren’t that great there is a video by Dulfy that makes it easy and do know Dulfy doesn’t like JPs either but she managed to acquire these achievements. Kites of Iron is easy and it is simply jumps (something I know most people do in this game already moving around). When it shakes just pause and take your time. Kites of Night is easy too and the kite isn’t located at the end either. As you can see you can easily acquire 16 achievements and if you don’t mind grinding then certainly you shouldn’t mind having to try a few times instead of just getting the first time for some of these. Kite Bombing just requires some drops and jumping small gaps very easy to acquire the achievement.

Pretty much it is easy to acquire 16 achievements and for different people it might take more time because you might fail a few times or you just need to put a bit more effort (trial and error). So in a sense you can grind your way to it.

Lastly, the node isn’t mandatory at all it gives something for those that complete the achievements. But if you don’t have it you will just miss out on a few quartz per day which isn’t a big deal. If you wanted the boxes you can always grind the other materials to trade it in and you are willing to grind. On top of that, you can only make one charged per day and most people have an excess amount of quartz around.

I think you didnt do it, 50% of thing you posted are in jp ! ;/

in Living World

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

2. Voyage to the Bazaar
4. Diverse Trader
5. Grandmaster of Om
6. Sanctum Sprint
7. Parachute Pilferer
9. Poor Man’s Kite
10. Kite Bombing
11. Colossal Kites
12. Like Clockwork
13. Crowd Favorite
14. Crystal Obsessed
15. Pickup Completionist

Ding ding ding…I love how people that can do or enjoy jumping puzzles just assume other people are wrong for not liking them.

This last update for LS is over 50% required jumping. Without doing the jumping puzzle part of it, you cannot complete this LS content.

To be CLEAR…I’m not advocating removing JP from the game…just don’t hinge new content on it.

in Living World

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

2. Voyage to the Bazaar
4. Diverse Trader
5. Grandmaster of Om
6. Sanctum Sprint
7. Parachute Pilferer
9. Poor Man’s Kite
10. Kite Bombing
11. Colossal Kites
12. Like Clockwork
13. Crowd Favorite
14. Crystal Obsessed
15. Pickup Completionist

Ding ding ding…I love how people that can do or enjoy jumping puzzles just assume other people are wrong for not liking them.

This last update for LS is over 50% required jumping. Without doing the jumping puzzle part of it, you cannot complete this LS content.

To be CLEAR…I’m not advocating removing JP from the game…just don’t hinge new content on it.

If every 1/5 living stories revolved around jumping, would that be a problem? I mean the fact is, jumping is a part of this game and there ARE players that enjoy it. Is it right to ask Anet to simply ignore that part of the population because the louder part of the population doesn’t like jumping? Not every living story has involved jumping, or maybe has had pieces involving jumping but was not solely a jumping thing. So if Anet released living stories that for the most part were story missions, combat, whatever..and then every once in a while released a jumping one, would that be okay with you people? I mean you have to realize some people really enjoy this kind of content and it’s nice to be recognized by Anet and given interesting/challenging content for everyone.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

2. Voyage to the Bazaar
4. Diverse Trader
5. Grandmaster of Om
6. Sanctum Sprint
7. Parachute Pilferer
9. Poor Man’s Kite
10. Kite Bombing
11. Colossal Kites
12. Like Clockwork
13. Crowd Favorite
14. Crystal Obsessed
15. Pickup Completionist

Which ones are jp then? I don’t think you did them, since I have done most of those and they’re definitely not jumping puzzles.
explaining:
kite bombing is a jumping puzzle on hard mode, on easy mode it’s just pve
collossal kite is a dungeon, and a very easy one at that (lvl 1 fractal, kill 2 mobs, get kite)
poor man’s kite is in the open, no jumping or anything.

All other achievements in that list ain’t jumping either.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

Man and here I am thinking I want more jumping puzzles. I love them so much lol.

It does lock people out that hate and/or are terrible at jumping puzzles. I know my GF skips anything JP related, or I have to do them for her. Luckily for her I love them so…

Ditto I love em too, I love wanting to pull my hair but eventually getting to the end and get that same feeling that I got when I finished Dark Souls.

in Living World

Posted by: Verow.6904

Verow.6904

I love JPs but I agree that they shouldnt be related to the living world achivement. Last 2 patches we had to do the Eternal battleground jp for a living story achivement, doing it the first time it was fun but second and third time it has absolutly no interest.

JPs are optional and I believe they are one of the most fun parts of the game especialy when you find you way to the end without useing walkthroughs and youtube vid BUT haveing some achivements that you can only complete inside a 2 weeks time limit and this achivements envolve jp its not fun, both for those who hate jps and for those who already done those jps before.

in Living World

Posted by: Chewablesleeptablet.3185

Chewablesleeptablet.3185

So what other content type would you have replace JPs? More PvE mobs to easily gib? OMG that would be so boring.

Jumping Puzzles are supposed to be challenging. If you hate JPs it is because it is above your skill level. Heaven forbid you ever played Super Mario.

JPs as of late have been a great refresher IMO. They do need better rewards for the harder JPs at least.

Let’s get one thing straight. Achievement Points are meant to be difficult or take time to get. If you aren’t willing to challenge yourself you do not deserve to get achievement points.

“ACHIEVEMENT” -1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I’m not a big jumper myself but I got 5 out of 7. I gave up on Spekk’s Lab and I’m not going to do fractals.

Personally I like the balance, you never have to get all achievements.

I also liked that we “only” had to open 30 baskets – nice change from 150.

I was a bit skeptic about the sanctum sprint – but ended up really liking it.

In general I really liked this chapter, most likely the best so far or a close second to the MF dungeon.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

JP are not that bad.

What sucks is the rotten camera the game have.

I wish Anet would hire some competent programmers that know how to make tranparencies, so we would not have a rock or a leaf to block or field of view.

in Living World

marnick.4305

I’m not a big jumper myself but I got 5 out of 7. I gave up on Spekk’s Lab and I’m not going to do fractals.

Personally I like the balance, you never have to get all achievements.

I also liked that we “only” had to open 30 baskets – nice change from 150.

I was a bit skeptic about the sanctum sprint – but ended up really liking it.

In general I really liked this chapter, most likely the best so far or a close second to the MF dungeon.

And even your post can be spun more positive.
Spekks’ Lab is very easy once you realize they’re timed jumps, with plenty of time. Only at one point do you have to think. Apart for that point I did it in the first run.
And each basket drops 2 loot bags, it’s the loot bags so 15 baskets suffice.

As for the Molten Facility, you’ll be happy to know that it’ll return as a fractal before the end of the year (confirmed in the livestream).

Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

I hate BAD JPs. I love good ones. Mostly, I hate when the JPs arent JPs. That is, puzzles about jumping. I like trying to figure out how to get from point A to point B through unconventional paths. Not being attacked by griffons or elementals while trying to not fall to my death that would make me have to trek a mile back to restart it.

in Living World

Posted by: Skipper De Longmont.8734

Skipper De Longmont.8734

No more JP for PvE in WvW!!! That is insane and just silly.

in Living World

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

2. Voyage to the Bazaar
4. Diverse Trader
5. Grandmaster of Om
6. Sanctum Sprint
7. Parachute Pilferer
9. Poor Man’s Kite
10. Kite Bombing
11. Colossal Kites
12. Like Clockwork
13. Crowd Favorite
14. Crystal Obsessed
15. Pickup Completionist

Which ones are jp then? I don’t think you did them, since I have done most of those and they’re definitely not jumping puzzles.
explaining:
kite bombing is a jumping puzzle on hard mode, on easy mode it’s just pve
collossal kite is a dungeon, and a very easy one at that (lvl 1 fractal, kill 2 mobs, get kite)
poor man’s kite is in the open, no jumping or anything.

All other achievements in that list ain’t jumping either.

So you are saying that if you don’t use the bomb in kite bombing, you don’t have to do any jumping?

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Living World

Posted by: VKP Butcher.2751

VKP Butcher.2751

They ARE required for the permanent Quartz node, I believe. There simply aren’t enough other achievements to reach 16.

Who knows what and how many achievements next weeks update will bring. At that point there may indeed be enough to complete the meta without having to do JPs. Most peoples problem is they want everything now…no waiting for anything if they can help it.

I gave my limbs to the gods, perhaps I’ll add yours to the offering!
Killian Darkwood(Rng), Kaalia Darkheart(Guard), Avacyn Darkmind(Mes):Maguuma

in Living World

Posted by: waenhir.8146

waenhir.8146

I am sorry but I don’t think those who like jp get it. There are JP in cartographer title too, although not all, but enough to stop people who can’t do them from achieving the title. The JP will be what stop me from buying any new contents when and if they come out. I bought the game to play Guild Wars, not Super Mario Brothers.

in Living World

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

I am sorry but I don’t think those who like jp get it. There are JP in cartographer title too, although not all, but enough to stop people who can’t do them from achieving the title. The JP will be what stop me from buying any new contents when and if they come out. I bought the game to play Guild Wars, not Super Mario Brothers.

Go play a different game, or accept that not every single achievement is meant for you.

It’s a really dumb trend in gaming that people play one game, decide there are elements they don’t like, and instead of just moving their butts on to something else, they sit and whine that this game should be changed to something else just for them.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

Who knows what and how many achievements next weeks update will bring. At that point there may indeed be enough to complete the meta without having to do JPs. Most peoples problem is they want everything now…no waiting for anything if they can help it.

To be fair, the achievements for Cutthroat Politics will likely not count for the Bazaar meta. That will have its own meta.

in Living World

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I actually loathe JPs myself as well, but in regards to obtaining the crafting node in the home instance and needing the 16 achievement points, it is possible with at least a minimal amount of JP interaction. I’ve got 15 of the 16, will have all 16 once I finish up with the charged crystals, and I’ve only done the Poor Man’s Kite, which def isn’t a jumping puzzle, and Kites of the Night, which involved only a single jump. For completionists, no, it’s not going to be possible to obtain ALL the APs without dealing with JPs, but if the only concern is the crafting node, JPs aren’t really hindering it.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

in Living World

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

2. Voyage to the Bazaar
4. Diverse Trader
5. Grandmaster of Om
6. Sanctum Sprint
7. Parachute Pilferer
9. Poor Man’s Kite
10. Kite Bombing
11. Colossal Kites
12. Like Clockwork
13. Crowd Favorite
14. Crystal Obsessed
15. Pickup Completionist

….

Ok the only one in the list that could be argued would be a JP would be Kite Bombing, however you are not doing the JP in the intended form (you are supposed to get a bomb over to the chest without being hit). As a JP its extremely hard but just to get to the kite its a simple path and no tricky jumping.

From your comment I assume you are considering Sanctum Sprint to be a JP and its not, its a race and most achievements in there is about repetition (except getting first). Also its crucial to the bazaar backstory and shows how the new “skills” they have are used.

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I love JPs, but I definitely see how they could be annoying to those that don’t. I think they should balance the reward structure so that it’s not that difficult to run alternate content to JPs and still get the full LS rewards.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Best content in the game, by far. I hope there will be loads and loads more mini-dungeons and JPs.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Ok the only one in the list that could be argued would be a JP would be Kite Bombing, however you are not doing the JP in the intended form (you are supposed to get a bomb over to the chest without being hit). As a JP its extremely hard but just to get to the kite its a simple path and no tricky jumping.

Actually you get the JP achi without the bomb, too. The bomb is completely optional and your only reward for doing it with the bomb is the chest with 2-3 greens and blues. You don’t even get a special achievement for doing it with the bomb. Just bragging rights (if you can prove it).

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

My best friend plays GW2 1 handed. She’s had no trouble getting her quartz node from this living story content. Only JP she’s ever had to have someone log on for her (my boyfriend) was the clock tower. Other JP achievements around the world are either not hard, or require a friendly Mesmer. Personally if they are that important to you, and you have no physical impediment from preventing you from completing it, I think you’re just being lazy. It’s not like it takes a long time.

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Living World

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Chalk me up for another that dislikes jump puzzles/platforming dependent content. Partially because my main is a Charr. Partially because the camera in this game sucks. Partially because this game engine is not optimal for platforming, though the Devs did a decent job shoehorning it in.

Though I ended up liking sanctum sprint; most likely because a minor mistake did not make you do the entire race over or eat a way-point fee. It eased the frustration enough that with enough practice I was able to learn the course well enough to take first place through honest effort. I started wishing there were more map variants to run after a while; there were some but after you learned them it got boring running the same overall map 25 times.

So Devs, there’s a strong hint on how to make that kind of content more palatable to a wider audience. You don’t have to make it less difficult, just less frustrating.

But making so much of an update depend on them if you wanted the quartz node was kind of a low blow to those that will never like platforming in this game; if you didn’t read the guides ahead of time to find out which achievements required little or no platforming.

So there is another hint; telegraph the content better in game. And I don’t mean just use yellow exclamation points. You have NPC’s, utilize them to guide the players to the content!

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

And even your post can be spun more positive.
Spekks’ Lab is very easy once you realize they’re timed jumps, with plenty of time. Only at one point do you have to think.

Spekk’s lab is one of the more forgiving puzzles as it has the little golem downstairs that ports you up to the last station, so when you fall, you don’t have to start over .

But there is something else: it becomes even easier if you bring a friend.

There are two longer stretches of jumps in the puzzle that have a ledge in the middle. You can do either one of these stretches in one go, but you can also just take your time and jump to the ledge. Then have your friend activate the last station again, so you have a lot of time to complete the second part, after the ledge.

in Living World

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

JPs are a love/hate part of the game. I understand them including new JPs for those that love it.

But why so much focus on this one aspect of the game? I mean, we’ve seen ‘0’ updates that include underwater activities. This is another whole aspect of the game that people love/hate but gets zero attention.

I just wish they would not focus all of their attention on one aspect, but spread it around to some of the other aspects of the game also.

in Living World

Posted by: Ecole.2349

Ecole.2349

First I want to say that I’m glad that you are thinking about the people that want jumping puzzles and I appreciate that, but I think ANET needs to start thinking about the people that absolutely hate them with a passion.

Now I’ll be the first to say that I hate them. It’s almost a game breaker and I know most people in almost every single guild I’ve ever been in feel the same way. Does it mean that we want to be given a “free lunch”? Of course not. So ANET please give us something as an alternative to the jumping puzzles. I would rather spend 20-50% more time doing something that I can actually accomplish and enjoy it. Most people that hate jumping puzzles hate them so much they would rather grind.

So with that thanks,
Golo

I hate to break your world view, but jumping puzzles are 100% optional, I’m not really sure how any person could consider them mandatory to do. And you do have alternatives, wvw, spvp, dungeons, group events, guild missions, each of those is optional too btw.

edit: dont forge the minigames as well!

(edited by Ecole.2349)

in Living World

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Waah wahhh I don’t like 3d Zeldas because it has too many jumping puzzles waah!!

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It’s a really dumb trend in gaming that people play one game, decide there are elements they don’t like, and instead of just moving their butts on to something else, they sit and whine that this game should be changed to something else just for them.

Yeah, I agree. We have Ascended gear creep for exactly this reason.

in Living World

Posted by: Ocelot.6053

Ocelot.6053

I actually like the jp’s quite a bit. They’re a nice break from the usual monster killing. I actually find myself relaxing more when I do them.

Would be nice if they weren’t so easily exploited by mes portals and wvw campers though. That to me is where the jumping puzzles really fall flat (no pun intended).

Oh, I forgot to mention. To the OP and everyone else complaining about how hard JP’s are. It’s really pretty simple. Just get a friend who is a mesmer and good at JP’s to port you to the end of the JP.

(edited by Ocelot.6053)

in Living World

Posted by: realloc.5846

realloc.5846

Every time i read “I don’t like JPs, so Anet has to remove ’em from the game”
I want to answer “I don’t like You, so Anet should remove you from the game first”.

in Living World

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

I want to answer “I don’t like You, so Anet should remove you from the game first”.

That made me laugh more than it should have.

in Living World

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

So what other content type would you have replace JPs? More PvE mobs to easily gib? OMG that would be so boring.

Jumping Puzzles are supposed to be challenging. If you hate JPs it is because it is above your skill level. Heaven forbid you ever played Super Mario.

JPs as of late have been a great refresher IMO. They do need better rewards for the harder JPs at least.

Let’s get one thing straight. Achievement Points are meant to be difficult or take time to get. If you aren’t willing to challenge yourself you do not deserve to get achievement points.

“ACHIEVEMENT” -1. The act of accomplishing or finishing.
2. Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

Hate them because they are boring as all kitten. And what you get for doing them isn’t remotely worth the time. Blue off a champ is a better reward ratio. And I HAVE done most of them. Doesn’t change the fact that I still despise them. Hating them doesn’t even remotely equate with them being “above the skill lvl” Assuming so, just shows you’re an kitten .

in Living World

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

I feel the same way, but in reverse, about ppl like you.

in Living World

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

If you HATE jumping puzzles, maybe GW2 isn’t the game for you.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

in Living World

Posted by: realloc.5846

realloc.5846

At least, i’m not a fan of disgusting childish logic “if you don’t like smth, it has to be removed despite of other people appreciation”.

in Living World

marnick.4305

Nothing personal.

in Living World

marnick.4305

At least, i’m not a fan of disgusting childish logic “if you don’t like smth, it has to be removed despite of other people appreciation”.

Sucks to be on the wrong side when fascists are running things. Sure they remove bad elements (in their opinion at least) but nothing is improved.

GODWIN ACHIEVED

in Living World

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

I liked the days when you just bought a game and played it, and if you didn’t like it you just didn’t play the kitten thing.

Now the “gaming community” is just full of whiny, lazy, entitled brats that want every thing in the game to just be handed to them, because even playing a video game is too much to ask of these people.

“Oh no, jumping puzzles are a challenge for me! Surely no one has ever been forced to endure such an atrocity as pressing the space bar!”

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

in Living World

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you HATE jumping puzzles, maybe GW2 isn’t the game for you.

Old is this saw, and retired it should be.