[SPOILER] Justiciar Adrienne's bloodstone shield

in Living World

Posted by: RexxarTheHunter.3926

RexxarTheHunter.3926

In case someone else gets stuck on it, here’s how your break her shield:

1) get hit by the bloodstone – this will form a stream between you and the bloodstone, empty your endurence bar and low you down.
2) use the new Mastery skill – this will keep the stream active and remove the endurence denial and slow effect so you can move freely.
3) walk outside of the circle she forms in with her ring-shaped path when she spins around.
4) Get her to walk through the stream – once you hit her with it, it will deplete her shield down quite quickly. It’s a good strategy to follow her path a bit to keep her in the stream.

that’s how you remove her shield!
I got stuck on it for a bit so I thought I should post the solution here

in Living World

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

How could you reach her without using the exact same method to break the shields on the mobs earlier?

in Living World

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

1) get hit by the bloodstone – this will form a stream between you and the bloodstone, empty your endurence bar and low you down.
2) use the new Mastery skill – this will keep the stream active and remove the endurence denial and slow effect so you can move freely.
3) walk outside of the circle she forms in with her ring-shaped path when she spins around.
4) Get her to walk through the stream – once you hit her with it, it will deplete her shield down quite quickly. It’s a good strategy to follow her path a bit to keep her in the stream.

Yea i’m stuck on that and gave up after getting bored and endless mobs spawning, no info on what to do, so i’ll see if i want to go through that again. I thought it was supposed to work like the 2 eles b4 that, but if u get close to her at all she pushes u back, another gimmicky combat scenario that turned out to be tedious and spoiled up to that point a pretty good story flow.

in Living World

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

It like the force fields in Aetherblade Fractal.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

How could you reach her without using the exact same method to break the shields on the mobs earlier?

Some people cannot connect the two together.

in Living World

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

You can actually remove the shields from those two eles by standing near them and not crossing the tether between them (because they don’t knock back, I’m guessing), so it lead me to believe that’s how you removed the shields in general.

At that point, the instance hadn’t taught me properly how to remove those shields and instead taught me that standing near the enemy can remove it, which was a tactic I repeated for Adrienne. It eventually clicked for me after a while (and multiple knock backs from her), and after that, it seemed like a ‘Of course, how stupid of me’ moment.

That’s the issue other people seem to be running into as well.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

All of this. It even tells you what to do in the print under the event bar…………

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

New mastery skill?
Never mind. Figured it out. You mean the little pop-up thing that appears when the bloodstone zaps you. I guess technically it’s a skill in that the game calls it a skill. I don’t like dignifying it with that title considering it’s pretty much useless 99.9999% of the time.

(edited by Nutjob.9021)

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

I would have preferred a way to hot key that new skill. I tend to end up dying quickly if I don’t have my cursor hovering over where it pops up.

in Living World

JayMack.8295

There is a hot-key for it. I understand not knowing that if you’re not a raider, but it’s the ‘special action skill’ in your key bind options. It’s – (dash) by default.

I’ve rebound mine to middle mouse for example. Makes it much easier to use.

(edited by JayMack.8295)

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

There is a hot-key for it. I understanding not knowing that if you’re not a raider, but it’s the ‘special action skill’ in your key bind options. It’s – (dash) by default.

I’ve rebound mine to middle mouse for example. Makes it much easier to use.

Ah. I’ll have to move it to a better key then. Thanks.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s easy to kill the eles without understanding the mechanic.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

It’s easy to kill the eles without understanding the mechanic.

This is correct. The eles do not move from the shard thing and I assumed that you need to destroy the shard while they are near to break the shield – this is logical since that was clearly a training fight and they were not moving but standing next to it. When I got to Adrienne I had a bit of trouble at first since I tried the same thing, but then when I saw the ray between myself and the shard, I decided to cross it over Adrienne since that seemed like the next logical thing to do.

All in all, it’s not a terribly difficult mechanic to understand, but the tutorial they put in to teach it is actually quite misleading as to what you need to do and is actually doing more harm than good IMO.

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Whilst I did eventually figure it all out on my first playthrough it did take me a while. The Bloodstone Elementals in the section before can easily have their shields drained by accident, purely because of how close they are already to the bloodstone shards, which I think is what I must have done.

You are taught to destroy the first 4 Bloodstone Shards on your way to the Elementals, and then all of a sudden, the game changes.

The only instruction comes verbally from Marjory right as you approach the first elemental. It’s dialogue that it’s easy to miss in the heat of charging into battle, or if the music is playing loud. She could do to have some repetitive dialogue to reinforce it, that’s all it should take. “Hey Poo-bah, pass the Elemental’s shield through the Bloodstone beam!”

Immensely satisfying in the Adrienne fight when the penny did finally drop though. It’s great to see more new non-skill based mechanics being utilised to make fights more interesting.

… and by the way, is Adrienne a Norn, or is she a “Norn” because they wanted a “Larger than normal Human”? Was susprised to see a Norn White Mantle.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Whilst I did eventually figure it all out on my first playthrough it did take me a while. The Bloodstone Elementals in the section before can easily have their shields drained by accident, purely because of how close they are already to the bloodstone shards, which I think is what I must have done.

You are taught to destroy the first 4 Bloodstone Shards on your way to the Elementals, and then all of a sudden, the game changes.

The only instruction comes verbally from Marjory right as you approach the first elemental. It’s dialogue that it’s easy to miss in the heat of charging into battle, or if the music is playing loud. She could do to have some repetitive dialogue to reinforce it, that’s all it should take. “Hey Poo-bah, pass the Elemental’s shield through the Bloodstone beam!”

Immensely satisfying in the Adrienne fight when the penny did finally drop though. It’s great to see more new non-skill based mechanics being utilised to make fights more interesting.

… and by the way, is Adrienne a Norn, or is she a “Norn” because they wanted a “Larger than normal Human”? Was susprised to see a Norn White Mantle.

Maybe an easy fix would be for them to flash that tip on the screen when fighting the elementals.

in Living World

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I figured out her shield after about a minute or two. I didn’t figure out the elementals before it. There could have been a better explanation that I could use the beam to break the shields.

The Justicar fight could have used fewer add spawns. All my companions hit like wet noodles and i guess the fight would have been annoying if i didn’t do it on my druid.

In the last fight (another spoiler) i was expecting all the white mantle on the arena to be shootin me like a fish in a barrel. Thank Dwayna for their stupidity.

Little red Lioka

in Living World

Posted by: coso.9173

coso.9173

I lost so many times in that fight before knowing what to do, I thought just breaking the stone would stop her but it didnt.
the eles before I guess I was just lucky since i was standing next to them and the stone and their shields went down.

in Living World

Posted by: JMancinoTwo.5286

JMancinoTwo.5286

Once you explain it, super simple. I wish I had not spend so many failures and googling before finding this. I was looking for shards, anything. To be honest not really sure how I beat the first two monsters either.

Thank you!

Justiciar Adrienne fight bug bugged bugs

in Living World

Posted by: GingerSnap.5603

GingerSnap.5603

Thank you! I didn’t want to leave and start over so I found your post while she had her stupid shield and finally got it done.

Ginger Snap

I try to behave but sometimes there are too many other options!

(edited by GingerSnap.5603)

in Living World

Posted by: DuhTeacha.6182

DuhTeacha.6182

OK, I got the idea of the new skill. I’ve blown up the blood crystal countless times, but nothing takes down her shield. No shards are thrown to help destroy the shield like the elementals. After at least 20 minutes I got her down maybe to 80%, but still don’t know how I did that. I just gave up. Any clues how to destroy her shield?

in Living World

JayMack.8295

It’s in the first post. You don’t need to blow up the bloodstone. If you walk next to it, you’ll become ‘tethered’ to it.

Once ‘tethered’ to the bloodstone, use your special action key (the skill above 5) and then walk past her so that Adrienne is between YOU and the bloodstone (i.e. in the middle). The line of magic between yourself and the bloodstone is what you use to break her shield so keep her between yourself and the stone.

Hope that helps.

in Living World

Posted by: Tearthy Flame.1463

Tearthy Flame.1463

Read These Notes Below

Usually when I’ve fought her I used the swiftness boon to counter how slow I walked-
but I can handle the damage dealt to me just fine.

What will really help you is keep a note of where she runs to each time she starts a circle, be on the opposite side from her with the Blood Stone in between you and her. You want to do this because the circle she makes around the Blood Stone is off center, if you try to break her shield at a further-off-set-point you will lose the tether to the Blood Stone for being to far and/or get knocked back by her spin. The side she starts on will be farther from the Blood Stone, you’ll be standing right on the side that’s closer to the Blood Stone, so you will not loose your tether to the stone and you’ll have to move with her when she gets to your location to completely drain her Break Bar.

Hope this helps anyone understand how to stop her from making a full circle and get past doing that phase 3 times. (75% – 50% – 25% – Dead!)

“I don’t take insults from a tree! Have at you, leafy!”

(edited by Tearthy Flame.1463)

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

It’s in the first post. You don’t need to blow up the bloodstone. If you walk next to it, you’ll become ‘tethered’ to it.

Once ‘tethered’ to the bloodstone, use your special action key (the skill above 5) and then walk past her so that Adrienne is between YOU and the bloodstone (i.e. in the middle). The line of magic between yourself and the bloodstone is what you use to break her shield so keep her between yourself and the stone.

Hope that helps.

That special action key is actually – on your keyboard which you can map to a mouse button in the control options tab. I did that and it was a lot easier to trigger when it appears or I heard the sound it makes when it becomes available.

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

The Justicar fight mechanics are the worst you have ever come up with, She is hard to damage and to many other troops jump and the targeting off her. There are to many mobs around her to effectively attack her. Every boss fight does not need instant mobs to get in the way. The members sent in with you are no help. Rethink you final fights after this. This one SUCKS.

in Living World

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

I thought it was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the Guild Wars tie-in… very nostalgic.

It didn’t seem that hard, maybe you had low player turn out?

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Living World

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

eeehhhh. Put a target on her head and press T?

What if, you know, the constant mobs that get in the way IS the fight mechanic?

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

I thought it was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the Guild Wars tie-in… very nostalgic.

It didn’t seem that hard, maybe you had low player turn out?

This is the personal story . I enjoy the other parts. They need to look at teh participation rate of the NPCs. They do littl4e to no damage and are only good for eye canday and rezzing me.

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Once I figured out what to do with the bloodstone thingies, the fight was incredibly easy. It’s just a simple “brain teaser” where you are given the answer in the earlier part of the mission.

They seem to have really decreased the boss health this season which I think is fantastic. Making fights longer doesn’t make them more fun; figure out the mechanic and then the boss should die, which is what happened here.

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I thought this fight was hard too until the third time I did it, and I fully understood the mechanic. It’s not that hard anymore.

Sometimes, you have to do a fight to develop the technique you need to beat the fight.

It’s entirely likely that personal story is the worst place for those types of fights, since I believe few enough people repeat personal story to make the fights worth learning.

in Living World

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

I had a rather swell time strolling through it on my Warrior, Ele, and necromancer. I don’t see where it’d be a rough time honestly. The npcs are even there to res you when you kitten . I think the npcs are designed to be meat shields anyways so you look more more heroic.

(edited by KickzNGigglez.4958)

in Living World

Posted by: particlepinata.9865

particlepinata.9865

Did it the first time with a turret engineer. If i recall well i used the bloodstone skill reflection thing (get her into the beam to weaken her) , a ton of turrets and a power/condy pistol build. Took me 10-15 min or so. Didn’t have too many difficulties with the other mobs. Had more difficulty with the last fight, but still in one play run. Personally i liked the mechanics for all the fights with the bloodstone effects. The first fight with the Bloodstone elementals was a good practice for the mechanics. Must say all the oldschool mechanics from the vanilla game don’t do it for me anymore They where mostly just standard hack and slash without much depth.

in Living World

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

It took me a fair bit of time and lots of deaths to figure out the bloodstone thing. I just didn’t get it. I had bumbled my way through the earlier usage of that thing, just mashing the keys and running into the mobs but when I tried the same thing on the Justicar I just kept getting bounced off by the shield. I usually pick up fight mechanics up pretty quickly but that one had me scratching my head.

Once I’d (eventually) sussed it it was relatively easy to take down the shield and start doing damage, although it still felt like a long fight and I died 4 or 5 times.

But then again, I’ve never really liked boss fights in any game! Most of the Legendary bosses in HoT just leave me cold. 10+ minutes battering away at an enormous health pool and usually dying several times is not my idea of fun. I’ve walked away mid-fight from some of the AB bosses.

in Living World

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Ah yeah the personal story fight.

I didn’t figure it out at first either. I swear I beat on her and her cronies for 20 minutes until I pieced it together. Call me slow

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Living World

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They tried to teach the mechanic with the bloodstone elementals but unfortunately their positioning undermines that goal.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

They tried to teach the mechanic with the bloodstone elementals but unfortunately their positioning undermines that goal.

Also, you didn’t have continuously spawning other mobs getting in the way with the elementals.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

I… didn’t even notice there were other mobs. First, they literally show you what to do earlier in the mission. Second, maybe put on some tankier gear so other mobs aren’t a problem anymore? The fight takes five minutes, max. I don’t know how you guys are taking so long with it.

in Living World

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

I had no problem with the fight, enjoyed it in fact.

in Living World

Posted by: Prime Greek.1092

Prime Greek.1092

I am an average player and have been at this for an hour now.

NOT FUN !

Why did you make this fight so hard ?

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

It’s fairly simply if you learn the mechanics.

in Living World

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@OP: are you using the special skill to break her shield? You don’t have to be on top the the fragment — click on the icon or use the special skill key (default [-]) and then stand so that the red beam passes through the boss’ shield.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Living World

Posted by: Asumir.1978

Asumir.1978

THANK you for saving a lot of grief.

Thaír ar Nádal aï Narvèduí – Zían athâ éhû Tharnadaï
From Shadow unto Light is born the Narvedui
While softly walks the Tharnadai

in Living World

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

It’s not very intuitive, but isn’t hard once you figure it out. You need to control the beam, and pass it through the barrier for a few secs. You don’t need to get close to her, either.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

in Living World

Ardid.7203

The fight is ok, but the way they show us how to use the mechanic is flawed.

The elementals ficght give me the idea I had to attack while receiving the red beam. I got to totally rethink everything I was doing to understand the red beam alone had to be used againt the boss shield, before attacking.

Also, the extra button is an extremely annoying, interface unfriendly and overall lazy and bad idea.

Hawks

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Just played it again to get the two hidden achievements and the NPC’s tell you what to do.

in Living World

Ardid.7203

To explain is the damaged, cheap and clumsy cousin of to imply.

Some people mute some sounds of the game to play, other don’t put attention to dialogues, other don’t properly understand them (I play the game in english because I hate dubbing , but I don’t understand it well unless I’m giving it full attention).

Anyway, the “preparation fight” was poorly done and really misleading. Should they fix it, the problem with the justicar will instantly dissapear.

Hawks

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Some people mute some sounds of the game to play, other don’t put attention to dialogues, other don’t properly understand them (I play the game in english because I hate dubbing , but I don’t understand it well unless I’m giving it full attention).

Anyway, the “preparation fight” was poorly done and really misleading. Should they fix it, the problem with the justicar will instantly dissapear.

The preparation fight was fine. It’s just that players were able to stack on the shard and get lucky. If players don’t listen or read, how else were they to be instructed on the mechanics? Does Anet have take from infantile mode in SAB and have arrows pointing to what to do? Part of games is learning to look at a challenge and overcome it. Otherwise why not just ask Anet to make a movie version of the LS instead.

in Living World

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The preparation fight was fine. It’s just that players were able to stack on the shard and get lucky. If players don’t listen or read, how else were they to be instructed on the mechanics? Does Anet have take from infantile mode in SAB and have arrows pointing to what to do? Part of games is learning to look at a challenge and overcome it. Otherwise why not just ask Anet to make a movie version of the LS instead.

Are you new to these forums? Of course they have to baby people through content, that or deal with a stream of complaints because people had to actually press a button to get their rewards.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Are you new to these forums? Of course they have to baby people through content, that or deal with a stream of complaints because people had to actually press a button to get their rewards.

I’m quite forgetful today it seems. Half tempted to post the screenshot that I took the other day with Marjory telling the player what to do.

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I… didn’t even notice there were other mobs. First, they literally show you what to do earlier in the mission. Second, maybe put on some tankier gear so other mobs aren’t a problem anymore? The fight takes five minutes, max. I don’t know how you guys are taking so long with it.

I think maybe you are misunderstanding what “literally show you” means.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

I am an average player and have been at this for an hour now.

NOT FUN !

Why did you make this fight so hard ?

This is all you do. As soon as the special action key becomes available, select it. Then you will have a red beam connected to the crystal. All you literally do is walk to the edge of the room until she comes along side you, then run with her while your red beam is directly on her, thus destroying her shield. Then kill her. Rinse and repeat.

That is it.