[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

“Mum…” ;_;

sob… sniffle… sob…

“A moment of silence please…”

((You can find more pics here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/s2/SPOILERS-NOOOOOOOO/first#post4290036))

Attachments:

(edited by kta.6502)

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: InSaneIty.8621

InSaneIty.8621

I teared a bit I won’t lie. My whole existence is shattered. WE HAD ONE JOB!

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

She’s still alive, just wounded.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

We Syvari can go back to serve the all mighty Modramath now
Pale tree is just one of his champions like Glint.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Betaraptor.4075

Betaraptor.4075

WE CAN’T GIVE UP HOPE!!! She’s not dead yet, and she will not die!! Besides, she simply can’t die, because that would destroy whole sylvari playable race, including storyline no mentioning that they just couldn’t spawn. that’s not like destroying the lions arch.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

My main character may be a human, but even she empathizes with her plight. I hope she doesn’t die. DX

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: JusticarArkiel.1564

JusticarArkiel.1564

sucks that i couldn’t finish the job, oh how i want that tree to burn XD

Fix what you have before you build something new

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Cortizon.2358

Cortizon.2358

I think she says in the ending cinematic she’s fading, hence pointing she’s dying and not simply wounded.
I would oblige to cut her agony short with flames. I’m not a monster, even parasites don’t deserve to suffer in their time of dying.

May the Sylvari weed be purged from the face of Tyria !

“We are thieves. We are shadows. Watch your backs.”

(edited by Cortizon.2358)

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

For now.

It would seem like she could very well be dying though.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

just put her in some GMO compost soil. all will be well.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

i just asked myself…
the mrodrem did just appear on her head?!?
didnt she felt anything like uh somethings nibbling on my roots go check that out..

nope mordrem already everywhere suddenly xDD

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

The avatar is dying or the creature she is an avatar for is dying? That wasn’t really clear. Killing off the Pale Tree would mean no new sylvari characters, unless we are due to find another mother tree. We know there are more out there from sylvari ps.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Ah, she’s faking it. She summoned the shadow, that took her a bit of energy which is why she fainted, that’s all. ’twas a tarp.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

sorry about your racial leader
but i think we should string up what’s left of her and
whack her like a piñata.. see how many free cutscenes we can get

again, sorry.. maybe i’m just having dragon bash withdrawal

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Tripzter.8623

Tripzter.8623

sorry about your racial leader
but i think we should string up what’s left of her and
whack her like a piñata.. see how many free cutscenes we can get

again, sorry.. maybe i’m just having dragon bash withdrawal

You sir, just made my day

Tripzter Element [QQ]
[QQ] is recruiting see our FAQ & thread

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: BuddhaKeks.4857

BuddhaKeks.4857

She’s most likely not dead. I mean the tree is still standing. I know it’s sad, we all wished she would finally rot in the realm of torment, for her sin of creating Trahearne.

You don’t win friends with salad! Sorry I just got caught up in the rhythm.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

She’s the avatar of the Tree. When the Tree will feel better she’s simply going to pop another one up.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Wowlock.8176

Wowlock.8176

It might be a bold move to cut her out of the picture …but she won’t die unless they want to remake the whole Sylvari race stories and so on.

Hell the whole Lion’s Arch thing still makes no sense in the Personal story.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: kta.6502

kta.6502

More Piccies!

Lazuli, my second character, visted her ailing mother this morning!

BTW, the dialog for the Avatar of the Pale Tree says that she is breathing. Mama is in a coma.

Lazuli: “Mum, I’m here for you.”

Attachments:

(edited by kta.6502)

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Fuiltech.6438

Fuiltech.6438

My main character may be a human, but even she empathizes with her plight. I hope she doesn’t die. DX

Unless they destroy the Grove and move the Sylvari home to deeper into the Maguuma Wastes….

Tinfoil hats for everybody

Telos Novum – Human Engineer
Discovering one’s purpose is not as easy as it might originally appear.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

Not gonna lie, this hit me right in the feels.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

I don’t know if I’m more sad about the Pale Tree or your computer.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

Horrible screens are horrible, next time increase the graphics before taking pictures.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Unless I’ve completely misunderstood the Avatar of the tree is just a projection she uses to speak with her children and anyone else who comes to see her. The actual Pale Tree is the huge tree that covers most of the Grove.

From the looks of things she’s taken a lot of damage but is still standing. And trees can take a lot of damage. Even if the entire trunk is broken as long as there’s enough of the sap wood still connected they can heal and go on growing.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I just hope that she’ll survive!!!!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I must say I smiled. I was hoping she would die. And who knows she still might. It would add so much to the story if she did.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I must say I smiled. I was hoping she would die. And who knows she still might. It would add so much to the story if she did.

Mind explaining how?

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

Mind explaining how?

How it would add to the story? Sure. It would add a much needed fire under the “world” leaders and everyone else. The Sylvari would give everything to stop Mordi even if that ment there lives. Or would they all fall in to nightmare? And would there be a way to stop it? The Sylvari would finally understand pain and loss they way the other races do.

Thought are just my initial thoughts. If I thought more on the implications I’m sure I could come up wih more. If you can’t see the appeal in that, then you’ll be missing out on some great story’s.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: agam.8075

agam.8075

Irrelevant character died. More news at 11.

Manliest guardian on™
TC Mag FA YB

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

OP: I felt the exact same way, even crying. I’d truly be crushed if she were to die, no other race has a maternal figure such as she. I’m guessing it reminded me of losing my own mother several years ago, looking at her frail body and wishing I could breathe life back into her. The only other time in game that I teared up was when one of my mentors, Forgal, sacrificed himself.

Death to the meat sacks, death to Mordremoth <smile>

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Ravenhunt.2735

Ravenhunt.2735

The sylvari would die without the pale tree.
Why? The tree gives the sylvari her lifes.
So without the tree no new sylvari would be born from this tree.
That would be make no sense.
The sylvari race will be to shocked to fight mordremoth effectively.
Not all of them get a wyld hunt, only two for dragons. Caith and your PC.
The most are no warriors, young and curios for the world.

That would be away to be a great story. Let jennah die… it will be the same.
ANet throw away a NPC with direct contact to tyrias mystic.
Without this NPCs wich one will be aible to get this connection? Asura?
A whole part of the actual story will be cut off.

Beside:

She’s alive but very weak after the attack.
She will survive but to see her Mama like this makes Meme very sad. ;_;

Attachments:

Ventari says: “Act with wisdom, but act”
Meme says: “Meme?”

(edited by Ravenhunt.2735)

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

If she dies all the wood on the TP will become 1 copper each.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

To all the people saying the Sylvari story would have to be redone and the Pale Tree can’t die because there can’t be more NPCs, I have to say, you’re not looking at the game properly. The Personal Story occurs in 1325 AE. We’re in year 1327 AE right now. So if the Pale Tree succumbs to her injuries (and since her roots were attacked I’m not hopeful for her survival), nothing needs to change for the Sylvari Personal Story, and more Sylvari PCs can be made. More Sylvari NPCs and characters can be pulled out as the story is needed, because there is already an undetermined number of Sylvari out there.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

To all the people saying the Sylvari story would have to be redone and the Pale Tree can’t die because there can’t be more NPCs, I have to say, you’re not looking at the game properly. The Personal Story occurs in 1325 AE. We’re in year 1327 AE right now. So if the Pale Tree succumbs to her injuries (and since her roots were attacked I’m not hopeful for her survival), nothing needs to change for the Sylvari Personal Story, and more Sylvari PCs can be made. More Sylvari NPCs and characters can be pulled out as the story is needed, because there is already an undetermined number of Sylvari out there.

Besides the fact they’d be interacting with a dead person.

If they killed the Pale tree fully, I’d expect the grove to get a makeover to reflect that, with npcs talking about it.

Still, it’s enough to wound it, I don’t see any reason why they must kill the pale tree.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I wonder how much foxfire does it drop when logged…

On a serious manner, it can’t die because then there wouldn’t be any more new sylvari. Unless ANet decided to kill off this race as a playable one, which I highly doubt. Then again, where there was one seed, there can be another and a new Pale Tree can sprout someplace else (maybe such a second seed is what we saw in the end cinematic?). Or maybe the sylvari start feeling all tingly in weird places and become able to mate. But I don’t see ANet having the b***s to kill off the Tree, even if they find a way to keep new Sylvari being born.

Time will tell.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

On a serious manner, it can’t die because then there wouldn’t be any more new sylvari. Unless ANet decided to kill off this race as a playable one, which I highly doubt. Then again, where there was one seed, there can be another and a new Pale Tree can sprout someplace else (maybe such a second seed is what we saw in the end cinematic?). Or maybe the sylvari start feeling all tingly in weird places and become able to mate. But I don’t see ANet having the b***s to kill off the Tree, even if they find a way to keep new Sylvari being born.

The sylvari personal story tells you there’s another Tree somewhere out there. You meet a sylvari which is not Pale Tree’s child and is not connected to her Dream.

20 level 80s and counting.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

she is not the only pale tree around, there’s other mommies out there, we just don’t see them yet. the other mommy will do the job. and hey, it’s about time that door we saw in the trailer to open, if i am not wrong that is the door to dominion of something, home of tengu no? heh heh heh heh .. maybe the other mommy is also there since the grove and the tengu home is side by side. just .. need .. to open .. the big door.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

BrotherBelial.3094

I wonder how much foxfire does it drop when logged…

Time will tell.

The personal story starts before these events happen. They can kill her if they chose. Same with queen Jenna. She is hevaly involved with the human ps. They could kill her and not have to touch it as this all happens after. Time lines people. Time lines. My level 50 anger is still all abou killing Zhitan. She’s not heard of Mordi.

[SPOILERS] NOOOOOOOO!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Saveloy.4196

Saveloy.4196

“Leader will die. The rest will fall in line.”

Arenanet is quite good at evading most theorists – so many thought it’ll be Jennah. Though hopefully the Pale Tree won’t die – that’d be too sad v_v