[SPOILERS] Season 2 Finale [merged]

in Living World

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Oh poor little Sylvari. If it makes you feel better I’ll be sure to burn down the Pale Tree as painlessly as possible :P

Have 4 Charr, 2 Norm, 2 Slyvari. After this update I will now be adding 2 more Slyvari. You bring that fire and we will see how that works out for you scarecrow.

:) Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Well, also, my NPE ele couldn’t light the signal fire with elemental fire. Evidently, only the fire of the signal flare would do the trick! Yes, the signal flare, which was located pretty far from the signal fire. Almost as if it had been (ahem) planted so far away on purpose. Hmm. Once lit, though, that signal fire shone like a… like a flare! visible through the smoke and haze of all the other fires burning all around.

Wait, wait — we had to light the signal fire with a ‘signal flare’? Flare. Um… why not just, ya know, shoot the flare up into the air — like we did that time when we were with Caithe, out in the middle of enemy territory.

Details: the devil is in them.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: mahri.8410

mahri.8410

There won’t happen anything to PC, because of contact with Eternal Alchemy .
Guild Wars 2: Entanglement Final Cutscene – "Omad…:
http://youtu.be/9r3bXStLfxw

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

In an ideal world Mordremoth would affect Sylvari PCs… And we’d eventually get a PvPvE race war map with PvE objectives and ganking.

In a likely world we will probably see ourselves fighting racists who don’t like the chosen Sylvaris.

There’s also a scenario where anet just kinda leaves this hanging while w go fight bubbles or whoever.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Please use spoiler tags or edit title to add spoiler.

Rytlock has been on a journey in the mists recovering the sword. Perhaps he came back found that his friends are dead or presumed dead and has great hatred for the sylvari.

That was not so much a cutscene but a trailer.

My bad on the spoiler.

But cutscene vs trailer, I think the distinction isn’t all that important for the discussion. It’s like correcting someone using a simile when they call it a metaphor. People know what you mean, no real reason to pit nits over it.

in Living World

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

If ascension is not possible, how will we protect ourselves from spectral agony?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Living World

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Why has nobody mentioned Seers?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Ancient_Seer.jpg

Mursaat didn’t have anything spiky around their heads, but if you look at a GW1 model of a Seer, they have a very high spiky collar.

Could be a modern revision of the Seers, but that wouldn’t explain the lack of an extra set of arms.

We don’t know where they are from, but we know they were at odds with the Mursaat, created agony resistance and were around when the Tome of Rubicon was created.

People mention Seers all the time, but they are wrong for different reasons.

Seers got 4 arms.

The creature in the video got black tendril-like wings coming from the back, similar to just what Mursaat got.

I’m unsure but weren’t Mursaat said to live in a city of gold? In the video, the buildings are turning just into gold, or a colour very similar to gold.

in Living World

Posted by: Chicken Fro.6953

Chicken Fro.6953

I do see where you’re coming from, you would have liked to find him fully on your own (or him find you) in the game rather than a video at the end, maybe spoiling it a little for you. Personally though, I thought it was a great way to introduce his character back, and it still keeps you wondering what’s going on with him, as he’s still not back in the game yet, and I’m sure the in-game story will reveal everything. This is just another teaser, just like the social media pictures of him ANet has put around. To me it’s better than waiting X amount of weeks/months on top of what we’ve already been teased with, wondering where the heck he is.. Still! Like I said though, I totally dug it, and I’m even more excited to see what he brings to the table in the game next.

Leggo My Drago, Ranger, leader of the Dolyak Tippers of Tyria [MOO] on Northern Shiverpeaks

in Living World

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I wasn’t concerned about Wynne’s profession I was thinking. How did Wynne open the door? How did Caithe open the door?

in Living World

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

This won’t end well…..

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

in Living World

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

Now I wonder if this will affect our Sylvari player characters. And if so, how?

From the next patch on there will be open-world-PVP against sylvari player characters.

Greetings. :-)

P.S. Just kidding. Only charr player characters can do open-world-pvp against sylvari player characters.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There are a number of mechanisms that could protect us:

1. Proximity to Glint’s egg
2. Vision that the Pale tree bestowed upon us
3. Pale tree focusing her protection on us since we are important
4. Stronger will to resist
5. Kasmeer’s weird Nightmere tower powers
6. Trial’s of divine fire purified us of all evil influence
7. Holding and being covered in the divine fire
8. Being attuned to Glint’s lair

Take your pick, or choose multiple. Either way we won’t be affected.

(edited by ZudetGambeous.9573)

in Living World

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Raising my dragon minion as we speak to take on some furballs:>

in Living World

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

You might want to reword your title, bit of a spoiler

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Living World

Posted by: rincevent de ankh.6531

rincevent de ankh.6531

It may be a seer.

Point for mursaat :
the character have 2 hands and in seasons 2 many ppl speak about the white mantle.

Point for not mursaat :
the charactere is not dressed like a mursaat but like a seer and the building type is not mursaat like.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/0/0f/Mursaat_caster.jpg/209px-Mursaat_caster.jpg

Point for seers :
he is dressed like a seer,

http://wiki.guildwars.com/images/thumb/9/90/Ancient_Seer.jpg/100px-Ancient_Seer.jpg

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Either way, I’m excited for this.
If we learn more about the Seers or the Mursaat, we’re connecting more and more with established GW1 lore.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We will probably use Glints Egg to grant ourselves immunity. Just like we used Deep See dragons orb to grant ourselves immunity from Zhaitan.
BAM! Done, no more reason to go into why our player and all good sylvari friends of ours are still on the good side.
It will probably be something cheesy as that

There’s nothing cheesy in Deep Sea Orb. I’d say that it was rather creepy, and should have been investigated properly – because my first reaction to how it prevents dead from rising is “it’s likely devouring their souls. And feed it to someone”.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Living World

Posted by: Voraxas.2391

Voraxas.2391

And all the corrupted sylvari had red eyes (as far as I could see). Faolain didn’t. Which means Mordy didn’t corrupt the Nightmare Court. He allowed them to keep their free will as long as they do what they do in his name now.

As I remember her eyes have been slightly narrowed so it’s difficult to point out the color, but it seemed pretty red for me. Made a screen of it.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

From the next patch on there will be open-world-PVP against sylvari player characters.

Greetings. :-)

P.S. Just kidding. Only charr player characters can do open-world-pvp against sylvari player characters.

lol

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: Eirdyne.9843

Eirdyne.9843

I don’t think it’s a Mursaat. That mantle on its back is more like a Seer.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Seer

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Mursaat

I’d go with Seer.

in Living World

Posted by: Luna Silvae.9208

Luna Silvae.9208

My guess is that Sylvari from the pale tree will continue to be safe, and that the sylvari we see “going crazy” in the trailer might just be us running into Malyck and his gang as we press further into the jungle.

Rhea Elessedil, Sylvari Elementalist/Fae Darkmoon, Human Necromancer
~Dragonbrand~

in Living World

Posted by: IIvIIozzie.9250

IIvIIozzie.9250

Caithe’s actions are a pretty absurd thing to defend. She makes no real attempt to save the life of an innocent from this psychopath, and instead decides to murder with the approval of the murdered. Does the fact that Wynne tell’s her to do it make the act acceptable? That Wynne decides on the spot that this is the best option instead of the two of them defending themselves from the incoming attack is flat out bizarre.

Those that are defending Caithe’s decision let me ask, would you do the same? Would you really choose to kill your friend/relative instead of defending them? Is that what you think love is?

in Living World

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

My guess is that Sylvari from the pale tree will continue to be safe, and that the sylvari we see “going crazy” in the trailer might just be us running into Malyck and his gang as we press further into the jungle.

I agree, I think that most of the Sylvari that attacked the pact fleet were from the 2nd Pale Tree by Magnus Falls. Those who were still under the Pale Tree’s influence are still protected with only the soundless and the Nightmare Court going to Mordremoth.?

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

in Living World

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Caithe’s actions are a pretty absurd thing to defend. She makes no real attempt to save the life of an innocent from this psychopath, and instead decides to murder with the approval of the murdered. Does the fact that Wynne tell’s her to do it make the act acceptable? That Wynne decides on the spot that this is the best option instead of the two of them defending themselves from the incoming attack is flat out bizarre.

Those that are defending Caithe’s decision let me ask, would you do the same? Would you really choose to kill your friend/relative instead of defending them? Is that what you think love is?

I agree. It was really poorly written especially after an episode where Caithe rescued Sylvari from being tortured. She has stealth. She could have defended Wynne. She could have knocked Faolain out. There were quite a few different ways she could have fixed the issue without murder being the answer. It felt lazy.

I also feel like this revelation that the Sylvari were supposed to be dragon minions should have been held on to right up to the point where other races would look down on them. That way, immediately following the episode there would be racism and hate. I went back to Rata Sum on my SYlvari totally unmolested in any way besides taht one dude pouring ranch dressing on my head. Which was weird.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

SPOILERS If you haven’t finished the latest episode yet, stop reading, there be spoilers ahead.

During the end cinematic of the latest episode, we can see a lot of sylvari going completely crazy and attack the pact. Including lionguard and pact members.
This is shown once again in the cinematic that follows immediately after.

While I doubt our Sylvari PC’s would go crazy and join Mordremoth, I really hope there will be at least some effects. Maybe hearing soft whispers from time to time or some graphical effects on the edge of the screen. Or simply being treated differently, like we saw happening to Canach.

I hope that there is at least something. It would be weird and disappointing if our player characters (and caithe/trahearne) are completely free of corruption for no reason other than plot convenience.

I find this an interesting idea (though it could get annoying). But how long would you want it to go on? Surely we’re going to kill Mordremoth at some point, story-wise, but effectively, he is permanently in the game, just like Zhaitan and the Risen.

in Living World

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Better option : Kill Faolain instead.

Agreed. I realize they are supposed to be lovers and Caithe cares about Faolain greatly but it’s obvious that is the only appropriate option for someone who has a shred of decency. The only excuse I could think of for her actually going through with the murder is if Caithe was certain that she would lose in a fight against Faolain

You’ve obviously never been in love.

The kitten kind of excuse is that?
‘Oh I’m sorry officer-I killed an innocent because I don’t want my friend to know a secret’
‘….You committed a crime’
‘….I know but my genitals were tingling in all the right places for this person’….seriously wtf kind of excuse is that.

You know the funniest thing-I guarantee if this was a hetero relationship and caithe was a) a man, people would (rightfully) say ‘kitten this guy’s a bloody idiot’ or if b) caithe maintained her sex as a woman, people would say ‘gw2 is misogynistic as it portraits women in love as being stupid’…but make it a kitten relationship and all of a sudden it’s a ‘powerful, deep story about love and hard decisions’. All humans are equals…but some humans are more equal than others amiright?

…I think my dinner’s about to come up.

And people are saying because the plot makes no kitten sense and people ask ‘well why didn’t x character do this’ indicates depth? That’s not bloody depth! That’s shoddy writing with a huge amount of illogical developments that insults the audience’s intelligence and people are pointing out said flaws. That’s like saying ‘hey, why didn’t Lockdown hunt down the autobots himself-why did he need the human-US in particular government to help….how did he go about setting up that agreement in the first place…the premise of this movie’s plot makes no sense’-then you go ‘well see because you can ask these questions the movie is a work of art! It has so many levels!’ No……transformers 4 just sucks the only depth the movie has is how deeply it sucks.

The ‘big’ reveal was the sylvari being dragon minions? Yeah that came about 2 years too late-everybody (with sense anyway….apparently the writers don’t think very highly of us) already knew that. This is yet another thing why this game’s world is just …well…insulting. From the first time I played the game and heard-I never played gw1 fyi-that the sylvari can’t be corrupted by zhaitan I thought ‘hmm…..well the ice, crystal and zombie (didn’t know their names at the time) corrupted dragon minions don’t seem to be able to cross-contaminate each other (i.e. in the story/world there’s never been a risen branded or icebrood risen or some wacky combination). Here we have a weird plant race that just popped up and can’t be corrupted…are you sure you’re not a dragon minion of some sort?’ Then later when I watched woodenpotatoes gw1 videos I’m like ‘yeah they’re totally dragon minions’…that was a new player two years ago. Which is why everytime I see a sylvari in the world and everyone treating them normally I think ‘wtf is this-you know nothing about this race. Nobody finds their immunity to zhaitan the least bit strange? Why are you military people following this sylvari! OMG somebody kitten-slap some sense into these people’

Not to mention-did anyone seriously not notice the copy-paste ‘the pact forward base is under attack and will be forced to retreat into the heart of the base where they’ll use some item to turn the tides’ thing from the personal story? Or how about the excessive ego stroking? ‘Well done boss’ ‘Boss you killed that dragon you’re awesome’ ‘Impressive’…..look I already know I’m awesome OK? I don’t need a game to tell me that. Then again people were complaining that the pixels didn’t tell them they were awesome so I can’t fault ANet for that decision….doesn’t mean I like it.

But if this is the sort of thing gamers praise these days….then in the words of tree-man ‘this won’t end well’. I wash my hands of this madness.

Great….the kitten filter will make it sound like I used some ‘homophobic’ (since we like name calling like children) slurr…w/e I don’t care anymore.

Didn’t read. Good points though, 5 stars

in Living World

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Except that’s human morality. Sylvari don’t really have the same idea about death, and more importantly, she was fulfilling Wynne’s Wilde Hunt by Winne’s request, which is important to a Sylavri.

But put this another way. Suppose she decides to protect Wynne instead and Faolin defeats her. She tortures Wynne, gets the secret and the secret gets out.

The only way to protect her race at that point, the only failsafe way, is to kill Wynne.

It’s entirely possible in Caithe’s mind that Faolin could beat her if it came to it.

in Living World

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I AM a Sylvari, dagit… I am NOT evil! hmph!

Of course that didn’t stop the scope of Silverwastes contemplating the extinction of my species…

(sobs)

How dare you!

-hugs- I am not a salad but I will stand up for you my leafy friend and all the good Sylvari of the grove!

Those Nightmare court need to go tho…. -sharpens blade-

sniffs I thank you, Bunny… I truly do, I mean… I’m purple… with… with… with… pretty glows of pink at night, got me Minstral and… Mists weapons….

I, while being Sylvari… am a 500 TAILOR!…. (Jaylaleigh, btw)

sniffs I mean no harm to my fellow Tyrians….

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

in Living World

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Maybe she is/was a monk. ;-)

SPOILER BELOW

Also — what does it take, exactly, to kill a sylvari? Caithe stabbed her through the… what? Heartwood?

Probably more like a bell pepper

in Living World

Posted by: Arcadian Knight.1079

Arcadian Knight.1079

Part of me is wondering if the Dream is a nice protection from Mordies influence (which was negated with the explosion of awaking he had). So those who are a part of the dream still, such as Player Sylvari and Nightmare courtiers. Yes I said Nightmare, I say this because they want to corrupt the dream while still being a part of it.

The only Sylvari that I worry about are the Soundless. No dream to protect them…nice Minion buffet for Mordie

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I wasn’t concerned about Wynne’s profession I was thinking. How did Wynne open the door? How did Caithe open the door?

Or why did we go through the effort to get the torch when we could’ve just found the hole that the boss came through.

in Living World

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Except that’s human morality. Sylvari don’t really have the same idea about death, and more importantly, she was fulfilling Wynne’s Wilde Hunt by Winne’s request, which is important to a Sylavri.

But put this another way. Suppose she decides to protect Wynne instead and Faolin defeats her. She tortures Wynne, gets the secret and the secret gets out.

The only way to protect her race at that point, the only failsafe way, is to kill Wynne.

It’s entirely possible in Caithe’s mind that Faolin could beat her if it came to it.

Another alternative: Caithe helps Wynne escape.

This first looks to be a good compromise, but it’s really the worst possible solution. Faolain would continue to hunt down Wynne, but is now also angry and mistrustful with Caithe.

Anything shy of killing either Faolain or Wynne would not have solved the problem, just delayed it. This is because Faolain was relentless in seeking that knowledge. The only way to stop the hunt was to end it herself.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Living World

Posted by: illaor.3074

illaor.3074

If you did Crucible of Eternity you’ve known for 2 years that Sylvari were actually dragon minions not to be trusted.

Better put all Sylvari to the torch. I’ve been in support of that since oh, LS season 1 when Scarlet was revealed.

Yeah lets burn every race that has at least one evil person in their race (Let’s go with Scarlet being evil, I still have think they will reveal her as someone trying to do good but in a different way) aaaaand the world would be empty.

There’s a big difference here. You are not people. You are dragon minions. You are constructs. You are not born, you are created as an imitation. Knowledge is planted into your head, and you act on it. You do not learn your own perspective and choose your own path, your path is set before you, you are programmed.

The only difference is what knowledge was planted into your head prior to the Dragon’s Awakening was Ventari’s Teachings rather than the instructions of the Dragon.

Now the Dragon is awake, and able to reprogram Sylvari to serve him.

This isn’t a case of a few bad apples. This is the case of all Sylvari being vulnerable to corruption from the Dragon.

Also in other cases, people make conscious CHOICES to be evil but each person of you know ACTUAL people, Asura, Charr, Norn, Human, Tengu, Quaggan, Kodan, Skritt, Largos, even Krait (in their case it’s a cultural difference), each individual makes their own choices, so yes, it’s wrong to judge that entire group of people by the actions of one or a few.

However, Sylvari are not entities of free will and choice, they are constructs, they are programmed with a “wild hunt” which they are compelled to fulfill. Their life isn’t one of making choices, but one of obligation to fulfill their programming.

… and a Dragon can program them however he wishes.

Actually, if you read Edge of Destiny you’d know that anyone who goes near to an Elder dragon or one of their big minions gets turned into a mindless slave. Obviously that’s ignored for game purposes, but in the story there’s no choice there, you just become a puppet, even if you left home intending to kill the dragon.

So not that different to any Sylvari who isn’t protected by the Pale Tree’s influence becoming a puppet of Mordy

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

While I’d love for it to be a Mursaat, but they would have gone though a bit of a redesign from them to look like the thing in the trailer.

I’m wondering/leaning toward it’s possibly being either a Jade Constructs or a Seer.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Living World

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Or why did we go through the effort to get the torch when we could’ve just found the hole that the boss came through.

The boss could go through earth.

Maybe Sylvari Firstborn are Ascended and Caithe wants to protect the other Sylvari, and PC’s, from Mordremoth’s influence by using the magic of Glint’s egg to grant Ascension. Then we all can see the Mursaat from the cutscene.

in Living World

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

SPOILERS If you haven’t finished the latest episode yet, stop reading, there be spoilers ahead.

During the end cinematic of the latest episode, we can see a lot of sylvari going completely crazy and attack the pact. Including lionguard and pact members.
This is shown once again in the cinematic that follows immediately after.

While I doubt our Sylvari PC’s would go crazy and join Mordremoth, I really hope there will be at least some effects. Maybe hearing soft whispers from time to time or some graphical effects on the edge of the screen. Or simply being treated differently, like we saw happening to Canach.

I hope that there is at least something. It would be weird and disappointing if our player characters (and caithe/trahearne) are completely free of corruption for no reason other than plot convenience.

I find this an interesting idea (though it could get annoying). But how long would you want it to go on? Surely we’re going to kill Mordremoth at some point, story-wise, but effectively, he is permanently in the game, just like Zhaitan and the Risen.

Perhaps just for a short while. Then we eventually find a way to resist corruption. Just like we used that krait orb to protect the pact against Zhaitan’s corruption.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

Same as some people: to me it’s a Seer…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The boss could go through earth.

Maybe Sylvari Firstborn are Ascended and Caithe wants to protect the other Sylvari, and PC’s, from Mordremoth’s influence by using the magic of Glint’s egg to grant Ascension. Then we all can see the Mursaat from the cutscene.

During the cutscene of it entering, you can see the sky unless that is another texture glitch.

in Living World

Jaymee.1560

But wait… anyone who steered their personal story in this direction knows, it was confirmed another Pale Tree creature exists… Malyck was not evil, he had no recollection of the Dream because he did not come from the Mother Tree, but a 2nd Tree. He awoke in Brisban Wildlands, immediately the Nightmare Court tried to lay claim to him. Trehearne confirmed this.

After we helped him, he vowed to fight off any evil doing Nightmare Court Junkie… he simply had no memory of who or what bore him… but he was in no way evil or a mindless slave.

in Living World

Posted by: Magnalian.3067

Magnalian.3067

Why is everybody ignoring the fact that Canach and Caithe seem unaffected by Mordremoh’s influence? Heck, the trailer for Heart of Thorns even ends with Destiny’s Edge 2.0 claiming they’re going to fight Mordremoth, and Canach is among them, cheering.

However Mordremoth’s influence is supposed to work, clearly there are loopholes of some kind, loopholes that probably all the player characters will be using to keep a clear head.

in Living World

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

Wait, wait — we had to light the signal fire with a ‘signal flare’? Flare. Um… why not just, ya know, shoot the flare up into the air — like we did that time when we were with Caithe, out in the middle of enemy territory.

Details: the devil is in them.

I question why the signal was needed at all. Considering how fast help came, that airship must’ve been right next to the camp. Surely they would’ve seen the huge brawl that was going on there. The flare could’ve been used as a “we’ve evacuated, fire away” sign… if someone actually evacuated. What did it signal in this case? “Now could be a good time to wake up and kill the bloody invaders with your sniper cannons”?

The entire mission didn’t make sense. Normally, when monsters break through one of your gates, you don’t retreat to defend the other gate on the same perimeter.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

They’ve already discussed this at lenght. Riannoc still died first.

Source?

TBH I can not see the timeline fitting.

I’m on my phone, so I can’t search for it atm, but this was already discussed in the lore forum. A dev come in and said they did make a mistake in the dialogue in the previous episode regarding Riannoc’s fate, and that they will be going back and fixing it at a later date.

So yes, Riannoc still died first.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Living World

Jaymee.1560

Why is everybody ignoring the fact that Canach and Caithe seem unaffected by Mordremoh’s influence? Heck, the trailer for Heart of Thorns even ends with Destiny’s Edge 2.0 claiming they’re going to fight Mordremoth, and Canach is among them, cheering.

However Mordremoth’s influence is supposed to work, clearly there are loopholes of some kind, loopholes that probably all the player characters will be using to keep a clear head.

Ehhh, I don’t think this to be loopholes… unless by loopholes you mean what Mordremoth didn’t take into account.

Silverwastes last night, at least the map I was on had a huge discussion about all this.

My additions to this conversation included how, okay, Sylvari were meant to serve Mordremoth, but, a fine error on Mordremoth’s part… The Mother Tree was born with a season of Free Will. This I contributed to she was raised with Ventari’s teachings. With these teaching being all she knew during the time of her blossoming, in her Free Will, she was swayed to followed what Ventari taught BUT… she CHOSE to do this. There is the flaw in Mordremoth’s grand plan.

I also offered, but like Glint, Pale Tree obviously went rogue from her destined path to serve the dragon…

Now we all love Glint… and all accepted her for who and what she was, the choices she made… why does it seem hardly anyone else is not drawing a parallel here between Glint’s choice and the Mother Tree’s choice.

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey all,

We just merged several threads into this big one, as that keeps the conversation flowing and prevents redundancy.

Thanks for understanding and keep your comments coming!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Living World

Posted by: IIvIIozzie.9250

IIvIIozzie.9250

Hey all,

We just merged several threads into this big one, as that keeps the conversation flowing and prevents redundancy.

Except the threads were on different subjects. Since every thread involves Guild Wars 2 why not just have one big thread while you’re at it? If the conversation is exactly the same then sure merge, but please quit making these extra long threads where the conversation is now crossed together.

in Living World

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Hey all,

Probably for the best, but man is this thread confusing now lol.. we should pick a new topic and start over…

in Living World

Posted by: Mitha.7039

Mitha.7039

Please tell me this will have SOME effect on those of us who chose to play Sylvari…

Sylvari roleplayers and fangirls: We’re suckers for the underdog…

in Living World

Jaymee.1560

Please tell me this will have SOME effect on those of us who chose to play Sylvari…

Obvously, those who chose to play Sylvari, in my opinion, cannot be affected but Mordremoth’s influence…

I just don’t see it happening, again, from a previous post I made, Free Will is the one detail that is keeping all (if not most, definitely the player controlled Sylvari) born of the Mother Tree out of danger from Mordremoth’s influence.

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Ilvllozzie — I understand your comments, although obviously you’re going for just a shade of hyperbole there.

If you will look at the merged content, many of the threads contained the the same sort of comments. It makes sense to put them under the same umbrella. How many single “My opinion about the finale” threads are sustainable? Interesting? Read by anyone but a handful of people? And how many “spoiler” threads do we need about a particular sub-subject, like “this bad guy” or “that shadowy image?”

By keeping this thread on the front page we encourage and sustain a lively discussion in the one thread instead of having it fractured across multiple, redundant, singular threads.

We’ll keep a careful eye on the threads that are merged and try to do so with delicacy. But we really hope to build synergy and continued, expanded discussion in this thread most of all.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Living World

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

Plot twist, SAB comes back, we have to rescue princess Rytlock from the Lord Vanquish

i would play this plot twist

Plot twist 2, SAB gate is actually a portal to the mists, and what we see inside is Moto’s manipulation of our mind to do something unknown