Season 2 Opener [Merged]

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: LeDuc.1436

LeDuc.1436

my reactions to the trailer:
there goes the Zephyrites.

Oh kitten they got shot down

that jungle looks massive, but the Zephyrites!

wait…. crystal desert confirmed?

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

This portal has me wondering.

Attachments:

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

Where did you see the Crystal Desert? It’s on the other side of the map from Maguuma.

edit: If you’re talking about the “deserty” looking areas in the trailer, a lot of the old Maguuma from Guild Wars looked that way.

Valar Morghulis

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

You were expecting something OTHER than a massive tease? How long have you been playing? :P

Yeah I’ve been playing since beta so I should know better. Now I’d like to see if the zone will be a FULL zone with hearts and all.

EDIT: Hopefully not another Southsun.

Hearts were one of the most tedious things in the game. What would they even add to a new zone that probably won’t count towards map completion?

I’d rather the new map had a lot of dynamic events, fun enemies, and a cool boss fight.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

And we’ve been told they’ve dried out more since – much of it is now officially the Maguuma Wastes rather than the Maguuma Jungle. This drying-out is, incidentally, part of the reason for intensified centaur hostility.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Nat.4029

Nat.4029

You were expecting something OTHER than a massive tease? How long have you been playing? :P

Yeah I’ve been playing since beta so I should know better. Now I’d like to see if the zone will be a FULL zone with hearts and all.

EDIT: Hopefully not another Southsun.

Hearts were one of the most tedious things in the game. What would they even add to a new zone that probably won’t count towards map completion?

I’d rather the new map had a lot of dynamic events, fun enemies, and a cool boss fight.

It’s the completionist in me I guess.

Valar Morghulis

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Im pumped. Great teaser.

It raises more questions than it answers, but that is a good thing. I like experiencing the big ticket items in the game for the first time instead of on youtube.

The big questions for me right now are, who attacked the Zephyrites and will we get to provide aid/help them out in any way? Aetherblades make the most sense, but they aren’t the only possibility (A dragon, Tengu, or even Evon Gnashblade – as revenge for supporting Kiel maybe).

And a new desert area will be fun – not sure if we’ll get to go there on July 1 (video makes it look like were just prepping/dealing with threats in Brisban), but I hope the gates actually open and we do.

Regardless, it looks great so far.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

GAH! The Sanctum though?!?!? That hit me right in the gut. Not gonna lie.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

AFAIK Anet has said they do not plan on adding hearts to the game.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

Im pumped. Great teaser.

It raises more questions than it answers, but that is a good thing. I like experiencing the big ticket items in the game for the first time instead of on youtube.

The big questions for me right now are, who attacked the Zephyrites and will we get to provide aid/help them out in any way? Aetherblades make the most sense, but they aren’t the only possibility (A dragon, Tengu, or even Evon Gnashblade – as revenge for supporting Kiel maybe).

And a new desert area will be fun – not sure if we’ll get to go there on July 1 (video makes it look like were just prepping/dealing with threats in Brisban), but I hope the gates actually open and we do.

Regardless, it looks great so far.

well id much rather guess bandites

but we will find out soon
just what did anet mean exactly by take water and buff food against conditions..
buff food s pretty much clear…
did the water just implement maguuma wasteland?
or will there be some way in litterally taking water with you..

we could seens sand storms so why not bottled water as well.. u can only have 5 at max in your buff bar and while the time passes by it slowly goes away..:D

we will find out

just one more week…. >__<

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

The sandstorm graphics are really, really good. Reminds me of Realm of the Fae from rift, where the conditions around you suddenly change and influence your view:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blbUM3XOOX0

However, I do have a concern for those with lower graphics. They may be not be able to enjoy this zone, and may be forced to turn off their graphical settings to circumvent this. But that ruins the atmosphere since you can turn it off at will ;/

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

The sandstorm graphics are really, really good. Reminds me of Realm of the Fae from rift, where the conditions around you suddenly change and influence your view:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blbUM3XOOX0

However, I do have a concern for those with lower graphics. They may be not be able to enjoy this zone, and may be forced to turn off their graphical settings to circumvent this. But that ruins the atmosphere since you can turn it off at will ;/

I have a kitten PC, I don’t care if i’m gonna run around in 5 fps. I’m gonna enjoy this beauty in full graphics

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

A fair point. The smoke effects cause a lot of chugging for myself nd others. Hopefully the sandstorm wont be as bad

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

That trailer impressed me. Wasn’t expecting the kite city thingy….i also liked the Braham slomo action camera.

Also the fact that there’s no voice, just good background music makes the whole trailer have a bigger impact…because nobody is telling u anything..it’s up to u to understand what’s happening.

Overall good trailer imo. Makes u curious dafq is happening. Thumbs up

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

It’s not the maguuma jungle anymore. Look at the in game map. It’s called the Maguuma WASTES.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Rebound.3409

Hmmm….that’s a recent change i get it? I can swear it was jungle not waste

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I wonder how the peaceful Zephyrites are going to deal with their way of life above the clouds get destroyed. As for who shot them down, I’m hoping it’s the Sinister Triad, since their motives really need to get expanded.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I’m so excited!
HOW DARE THEY BLOW UP THE SANCTUM I’LL NEVER FORGIVE THEM
… who did this, anyway?

Also, am I the only one thinking that that shot of Destiny’s Edge 2.0 makes them look like the bad guys? :P

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Rebound.3409

From my pov that wasn’t a “shooting down” as much as it was a sabotage explosion…atleast that’s how i see it in the trailer. Also why wait for the detonation till after the end of the festival instead of doing it DURING the festival?

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Andiela.3759

Andiela.3759

The question is who attacks at Zephyr. Mordremoth shooting fireballs instead of flame breath from his mouth confirmed!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Isciira.2958

Isciira.2958

Normally these trailers are quite boring to me, but I was actually shocked when the zephyr exploded. Well done Anet, I’m looking forward to season 2 now.

Amaris Procella-80 Thief on TC
Ridley Procella-80 ele

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Donutdude.9582

Donutdude.9582

What a stonking trailer! Totally pumped for this season’s LS.

It’ll be a treat to return to the Maguuma Jungle of old. I miss the desertified sections of the Maguuma from Guild Wars.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Organization Sekhen.2481

Organization Sekhen.2481

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Maguuma_Jungle/Map
The brown parts are not jungle…

Also: Nooooo! not the sanctum!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

I fell in love with the Labyrinthine Cliffs zone, wish they added this area permanently in Lion’s Arch, but seeing the Zephyr Sanctum getting blown up, that riled me up pretty good. I hope the Festival of the Four Winds is replayable or one of the unlockable episodes. I want to come here often, this might be my second “home” in Tyria, next to the Black Citadel.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

It happened between GW1 and GW2.

Also, for the record, I’d agree it looks more like sabotage than shooting down per se. Using the term ‘shot down’ is more evocative, though. :P

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: MorganOneNine.1025

MorganOneNine.1025

Very nice, definitely has me interested.

I think what caught my attention this time was that this next part of the LS is still about “something” happening (the Zephyrites’ misfortune), but is more grounded in an actual physical area (Maguuma), rather that just broad event-based “X enemies are attacking” or “Y festival is starting in this temporary area” things. It seems more focused, more concrete …does that make sense?

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

My guess is that portal is on the Magumma (wastes?) side, not our side.

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Looks like we may find one of the Sanctum ships (to me it looked like there were more than one in the video) crashed in the Magumma Wastes/Jungle. Something to investigate?

It looks like fun…to me. =)

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

More stuff coming each day
DragonSeason 12 points an hour ago
More stuff to come till July the 1st by the way:
25th Jun – Guild Wars 2 is on Tumblr!
26th Jun – Audio: Omens and Portents
27th Jun – Premonition
30th Jun – The Living Soundtrack

link
Its also at the bottom of the official page (some kind of formatting problem with the gw2 site?)

(ps, I’m really starting to hate the spoiler tag. Can’t get the kitten thing to be the button one)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

More teasers?

Well….so much for getting any work done this week….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Morfedel.4165

No, its always been like that… for gw2. GW1, it was the Maguuma Jungle.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Morfedel.4165

The question is who attacks at Zephyr. Mordremoth shooting fireballs instead of flame breath from his mouth confirmed!

That isn’t confirmed. As a poster above, it looked like the explosion came from the
INSIDE, not the outside.

And even if it came from the outside, heck, that could have been aetherblade weaponry from their skyships.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Morfedel.4165

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Maguuma_Jungle/Map
The brown parts are not jungle…

Also: Nooooo! not the sanctum!

I have to say, I was always a bit surprised in gw1 that they called Maguuma a jungle when it had so much desertie kind of areas. That being said, some of it was jungle.

However, it’s been renamed wastes. So I’m assuming there is no jungle anymore; but then again, it looked like Mordremoth was waking up in a jungle, so maybe I’m completely off base

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

draxynnic.3719

That isn’t confirmed. As a poster above, it looked like the explosion came from the
INSIDE, not the outside.

And even if it came from the outside, heck, that could have been aetherblade weaponry from their skyships.

It’s a meme, which originally had the form of ‘(Valve says something vaguely related to Half-Life) Half-Life 3 confirmed!’

Basically, if someone makes a statement and then follows up with something that appears entirely unrelated or at best represents a massive jump to conclusions and finishes with “confirmed!”, it’s most likely an invocation of this meme.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

No, its always been like that… for gw2. GW1, it was the Maguuma Jungle.

Yup, at some point (and iirc it still hasn’t been stated why) Maguuma Jungle became Maguuma Waste. That was one of the questions people first asked when Anet released the GW2 world map. (speaking of which, weren’t we supposed to get dominion of wind pretty soon after release?)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Morfedel.4165

INSIDE, not the outside.

It’s a meme, which originally had the form of ‘(Valve says something vaguely related to Half-Life) Half-Life 3 confirmed!’

Basically, if someone makes a statement and then follows up with something that appears entirely unrelated or at best represents a massive jump to conclusions and finishes with “confirmed!”, it’s most likely an invocation of this meme.

Ah, that wasn’t one I was familiar with!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: kefkejaco.5642

kefkejaco.5642

The portal surrounded by thorned vines seen in the image on the main site that says “season 2 starts july 1” is in Brisban Wildlands. I’ve been to it and it’s currently blocked by other vines. It’s kinda hidden in the lower southwest corner of the map.

That’s aurora glades part which was a mission in gw1 but I have been there few times haven’t seen a portal. But it would be a good place to place one since I think, especially after the new intro, that the setting will be more maguuma waste style then actual jungle. That part is very close to dry top from gw1 wich leans pretty well towards that setting. One scene even looks a bit like it. But still it could be anywhere off maguuma with more sandy places.

My guess is that portal is on the Magumma (wastes?) side, not our side.

I think that as well. Since we see a few sandy pieces of footage in the new intro maguuma wastes could be where the new zone is. As said before dry top is possible as well but I don’t know if it has enough ‘desert’. We will see

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Underdark.3726

Underdark.3726

why is everyone so sure the portal is in Brisban? Maybe is in Metrica Province.

Two reasons: 1) Belinda mentioned going into Brisban during the Aftermath content. 2) Brisban Wildlands’ map got updated with the Festival update.

1) I know Belinda mentioned Brisban and the bandits but that still could have been just a random talk and have nothing to do with s2.
2) Didn’t know about this. Is there a list or a link to what was updated?
Thank you.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

1) I know Belinda mentioned Brisban and the bandits but that still could have been just a random talk and have nothing to do with s2.

Why would they add in that scene just as random talk though? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

in order to go down you at times first need to go up.
i……have no idea what you mean….
that’s not something i can answer, i don’t work for Anet and only Anet knows.

1. Except when you can just go straight west to the target. Which seems to be what they’re doing, given the new area to Brisban.
  2. Why make that new area in Brisban, if you’re not going to use it?
  3. But you can hypothesize.
  1. again, does it have to be a direct line?
    they could make more then one zone, it doesn’t have to be one zone per season you know
  2. you have any idea how much space there is in tyria that is not used, i would worry less about a really small area if i were you.
  3. true, but i have had my hypothesizes ones and got a 2 page flame war because of that, i rather avoid it.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Has anyone considered the fact that it might not be a new zone at all?

It might just be a “slight extension” to Brisban, kind of like what we saw with Cragstead and Nolan Hatchery implementations.

I don’t want it to be that, and I pray it’s a new tasty zone to sink my teeth into, but I’ve been drawn into ANet hype one too many times to really believe it’ll definitely be a whole new zone.

1. again, does it have to be a direct line?
    they could make more then one zone, it doesn’t have to be one zone per season you know

Since you bring that up, and until the information about the SW corner of Brisban came to light, I rather thought that a nice thing for ArenaNet to do would be to have a slow increment of Level 25 – 80 zones snaking their way around the Maguuma Wastes, to whatever the end goal might be in Magus Falls, to serve as an alternative world route to level up through.

I feel that idea might have been more suited to an Expansion, however, rather than Living Story.

(edited by Sarie.1630)

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Has anyone considered the fact that it might not be a new zone at all?

It might just be a “slight extension” to Brisban, kind of like what we saw with Cragstead and Nolan Hatchery implementations.

I don’t want it to be that, and I pray it’s a new tasty zone to sink my teeth into, but I’ve been drawn into ANet hype one too many times to really believe it’ll definitely be a whole new zone.

The thought had crossed my mind.

However, the teaser image provided is definitely a zone portal. Instances such as Cragstead and Hatchery do not have these types of markers.

So here’s to hoping.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

ERMERGAWSH I’m going to pee myself! I can’t wait a whole week after that, I’m dying. DYING! DYING!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

For those who are saying “it’s a jungle, not a desert”—actually, it is both.
In Guild Wars 1, the Maguuma Jungle existed in narrow canyons shielded from sunlight. High above those jungle canyons were swaths of barren wasteland. The Maguuma was actually a series of interconnected canyon and valley oasis, in the midst of wastes

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: kefkejaco.5642

kefkejaco.5642

But what is this map update of brisban wildlands whith festival update? I have not seen it.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Morfedel.4165

But what is this map update of brisban wildlands whith festival update? I have not seen it.

Me neither, do tell.

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My…my poor Zephies. My Sylvari Elementalist loves them.

Based on how the trailer was cut, it almost looked like the biconics did it.
I know that’s not the case, hopefully, but still a dark humor giggle was had by me.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Oh noes!!! Not the Zephyrites!!!

Possibly that is where the investigation starts with

The bandits in Brisban because I cannot imagine Mordremoth coming out that soon

I surely hope some survive and come back for the Festival of the Four Winds again. Maybe they were attacked because of the skills they have mastered…

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Was that a Scarab at 1 minute into the video?
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Moss_Scarab

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Season 2 Opener [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

The portal surrounded by thorned vines seen in the image on the main site that says “season 2 starts july 1” is in Brisban Wildlands. I’ve been to it and it’s currently blocked by other vines. It’s kinda hidden in the lower southwest corner of the map.

That is the ghostly white mantle event back there there is no portal or anything back there but that event retelling one of the missions of GW 1.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.