Sky Pirates of Tyria revealed!

in Living World

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/view/news/read/27887/Guild-Wars-2-Sky-Pirates-of-Tyria-Announced.html

ArenaNet has announced the next Guild Wars 2 content update. Called “Sky Pirates of Tyria”, the new content will bring more additions to the Living Story, a new dungeon, new quests, and the news that custom arenas and spectator mode will be entering the live game. Sky Pirates of Tyria is expected to go live on June 25th.

Details of the update include:

• New Story Dungeon: Aetherblade Retreat – Find the hidden entrance to the Aetherblade base and take the fight to the pirates. It’ll take skill, courage, and no small measure of agility to battle through to the Aetherblade Captain and First Mate.
  • Sea of Sorrows Scavenger Hunt – In this new, permanent content, players search for clues to the locations of 12 plaques that have been set up to honor the history of the city and its founder, in the novel Sea of Sorrows by our very own Ree Soesbee, narrative designer, ArenaNet, hitting store shelves and Amazon on Tuesday, June 25.
  • New Rewards – A variety of new rewards are available, including Aetherblade caches, a First Mate Horrik miniature companion, a stylish monocle and more.
  • Skill and Trait Balance Update – The largest balance patch ever is being introduced in this build, which includes significant updates to traits and skills to introduce more viable build diversity. Every profession trait line is seeing changes. Updates also have been made to some less popular skills to improve their effectiveness.
  • Custom Arenas and Spectator Mode leaves Beta – Custom PvP arenas allow players to host private matches, and customize their map settings. This feature is leaving beta, which means that Custom Arena Starter Kits will be available for anyone to purchase in the Gem Store. Spectator Mode also is officially out of beta. Together, these two features allow for practice, competitive play and tournaments.
  • Mortar Mastery Joins the Growing List of World vs. World Abilities – Players can increase their mortar effectiveness by training in Mortar Mastery. Improvements in this line include increasing mortar blast radius, beefing up on damage, reducing skill recharge, and even adding a new skill, Mortar Barrage.

in Living World

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I wish they would post the changes that are coming so we can prepare.

This

Skill and Trait Balance Update – The largest balance patch ever is being introduced in this build, which includes significant updates to traits and skills to introduce more viable build diversity. Every profession trait line is seeing changes. Updates also have been made to some less popular skills to improve their effectiveness.

is terrifying.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Living World

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Scavenger Hunt? precursor?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Living World

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

I hope “the largest balance patch ever” will not require me to obtain a new set of armor and runes (and transmutation stones for my cultural armor) in order to effectively compete in WvW. It already took a lot of time to gear up my toon.

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

in Living World

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I hope “the largest balance patch ever” will not require me to obtain a new set of armor and runes (and transmutation stones for my cultural armor) in order to effectively compete in WvW. It already took a lot of time to gear up my toon.

They already said they would be adding new traits, combining traits to form new ones… which creates new builds, so yeah, you might have to regear to run one of the “new builds”.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

WTB more specific patch notes, PST.

But I’m pretty excited for the balance patch. Can’t say anything else on that list sounds remotely interesting.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Living World

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Dungeon – Solo/group? Temporary/permanent? Probably group temporary and lets hope it is good.

Merchandising opportunities – Buy more skins, buy the book.

PvP Arenas – Promising, lets see what can be done.

Skill balancing – Now that might be good. It’ll keep people on their toes for a while.

in Living World

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I’m calling it now:
Those wonderful new weapons will be locked in RNG boxes, the Aetherblade Caches.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Living World

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I’m calling it now:
Those wonderful new weapons will be locked in RNG boxes, the Aetherblade Caches.

Of course, god forbid we get what we pay for with the game.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Living World

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Mortar mastery… Oh, daddy likes this.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Living World

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Looks interesting. I look forward to the new story arc, and the fact that it overlaps with DB for a couple of weeks is also an interesting tweak. (DB lasts until July 9th according to the information for it)

The balance update…even in GW1 they always made me shrug. Whatever they throw at me, I’ll work with it. I’m not ‘terrified’ or ‘scared’ of it as (really, Anet you need a smarter filter) [so] many seem to be. Just another day imo.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Living World

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Of course, god forbid we get what we pay for with the game.

It’s really hacking me off now, as I’d actually give them guaranteed cash for that rapier skin alone, but by locking it in those boxes I won’t get one as I refuse to buy them. Therefore, they’ll get less of my cash.
They’ll get some of my cash, but that’s because they’ll probably introduce the final permanent harvesting tool.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Well I started one also in the Living Story forum. Can be found here.
I’m sure one of these will get locked/merged. I went from the Massively article, though. Will have to check out the MMORPG article.

Hopefully the dungeon will be a permanent addition (even if it winds up sucking).

Hmm, just noticed the “this new, permanent content” in the Sea of Sorrows line, which is lacking in the dungeon, so I guess that means the dungeon is going to be permanent as well >: (

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Living World

Posted by: Camaro Charr.2805

Camaro Charr.2805

I’m calling it now:

I ll bet you a 5 gold it will be called Sky Pirates Booty Chests.

RE- Red Essence
Dragonband

in Living World

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

I’m calling it now:

I ll bet you a 5 gold it will be called Sky Pirates Booty Chests.

whit a very rare change to drop the skin.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in Living World

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I’m excited about the balance changes, maybe, a BIG maybe, I will change my signature

in Living World

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

o.O monocle you say? ….

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Living World

tigirius.9014

Scared of that myself honestly. Every patch for engineers cept the last two this year had some kind of crazy insane change that wasn’t necessary (kit refinement anyone?) so only the six can tell what’s next.

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Good, this will complement the book I preordered nicely.
I do enjoy pirates of the sky. If I ever get any Aetherblade stuff I’ll made a character based on Don Carnage.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

I am going to rage so hard if Aetherblade Caches are what I think they are. Come on, Anet.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Living World

skullmount.1758

So another dungeon we don’t even get for 2 weeks.

I wonder if they’re double/triple checking the release page so future stuff doesn’t get added again. All the new sites have the info out first, and say to check the release/main page, yet its not released yet.

Darkhaven server

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Living World

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Weapons will probably be in coxboxes, but I expect those sweet Aetherblade armor skins to be for sale directly.

I wonder if this massive trait rework will come with a free reset since it sounds so significant. Every trait line reworked has got to affect most builds in some way.

in Living World

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Oh, and I still find it odd that ANet likes to release info to fansites/gaming media before putting anything on the official forum.

in Living World

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

This

Skill and Trait Balance Update – The largest balance patch ever is being introduced in this build, which includes significant updates to traits and skills to introduce more viable build diversity. Every profession trait line is seeing changes. Updates also have been made to some less popular skills to improve their effectiveness.

is terrifying.

As an Engineer, I could not agree more.

Basically I read “The largest balance patch ever” as “Engineers will be removed from the game”. :-P

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Oh, and I still find it odd that ANet likes to release info to fansites/gaming media before putting anything on the official forum.

It’s not odd at all – it’s actually a common practice across all businesses (not just video games). It’s about maintaining strong relationships with those media. Give them the chance to get the news out ahead of time (which is their primary function/value to their readers, advertisers, etc) and they are more likely to pick up the phone when you call.

Also – a forum really shouldn’t be a news feed. It is a place for more in depth discussion. That is usually best done after the news has been disseminated.

in Living World

skullmount.1758

So release page is up, yet no news of the armor skins or weapons people found. And it appears dungeon is temporary due to the lack of the word permanent like it says with the jumping puzzle and scavenger hunt. Not even released and I’m already disappointed.

Darkhaven server

in Living World

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

This

is terrifying.

Agreed.

After their perfomances in matter of balancing during this 10 months, everytime there’s in a patch a generic “balancing” point i just think “ok, let’s see what they’ll mess up this time…”

Ah, and hope that dungeon and rewards will be handled a bit better than other ones so far. I’m fine with it being temporary (still thinking it’s a waste of time and resources, but w/e), but i really really want some of the datamined skins. Just hope it’s not again usual “opne the chest and cross your fingers” RGN (even worse, Cash Shop Boxes RGN).

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Living World

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Living World

Posted by: Sciva.4865

Sciva.4865

Oh ffs, timed content again.

in Living World

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/june-25-2013/

Hmm skill points reward from the scavenger hunt? Why would anyone need skill points? I’m sitting on almost 400 of those with no use

Good with some permanent content atleast.

in Living World

skullmount.1758

Oh ffs, timed content again.

Thats about all we’ll ever get it seems. Only permanent content they add is really little things.

Darkhaven server

in Living World

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

RNG to get armor pieces now in addition to weapons. Limited content. Reward of 5 skill points?

Anet, I thought you said you listened to your playerbase… this is basically the opposite of what everyone has asked for….

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in Living World

Posted by: Rhymelark.4396

Rhymelark.4396

The the event name just makes me want to listen to the following

Anyway

Really looking forward to getting that light skin

My sword is big enough to back my big mouth.
[RPS] & [PRXM] Lippsy
Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Dear ArenaNet.

More steam-punk is good.

I love you.

Volkon

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Living World

Posted by: Ledha.9640

Ledha.9640

stop make temporary content, PLEASE

in Living World

tigirius.9014

This

is terrifying.

As an Engineer, I could not agree more.

Basically I read “The largest balance patch ever” as “Engineers will be removed from the game”. :-P

(jokingly) We’ll have a new skill called “Kittened O’le Bomb” when we use it it will immediately cause a self CC and delete our toon and account! hehe /sigh.

in Living World

tigirius.9014

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/june-25-2013/

Hmm skill points reward from the scavenger hunt? Why would anyone need skill points? I’m sitting on almost 400 of those with no use

Good with some permanent content atleast.

One could hope that we can spend skill points on stuff we need since everything seems to give a + to xp acquisition while the rest of the currencies are lagging behind.

in Living World

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

I don’t think there will be RNG, and yes there will be more permanent content. A new jumping puzzle that gives an exo rewards. Plus the scavenger hunt is permanent. They never mentioned RNG boxes, or at least ones youd have to buy in the gem store. They did however mention rewards that can be received by tracking down aetherblade cache’s, which I believe! have a photo on the update page. You receive rewards from them. So its like treasure hunting. Plus it talks about salvageable items from the dungeon for rewards and a new infinite tonic. I have a feeling this dungeon will be on the same level as F&F which would be awesome!!!! Its sad to see its not permanent though.

in Living World

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I’m extremely excited about this, like ya’ll have no idea. EEEE!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Overall, I’m quite pleased with what Sky Pirates is bringing. A new permanent JP? Yes please! New permanent scavenger hunt in LA? Oh yes!

That said, I fully expect the Exo shoulderpads from “Not so Secret” to be once per account. Not sure about the scavenger hunt, but I’d definitely love a free 5 skill points on all my characters.

I suspect the new weapon skins will only drop from the dungeon, although there may be a chance for them to drop from the Aetherblade caches too. (And if the leaked achievements from the ((DELETE ME)) category are correct, all of the caches are found in jumping puzzles.) Aside from the monocle (which was specifically stated as being tradable), I suspect the other weapon skins will either be a ticket or account bound. Disappointing, but the only weapon I really like is the Rapier, and even then, I don’t absolutely NEED it for my Mesmer (since she uses Scepter/Pistol most of the time).

in Living World

Posted by: Garuna.1593

Garuna.1593

sky pirates you said? Now give us our own airship, please

in Living World

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

Garuna we technically have one, except we keep it parked at Fort Trinity. x_x

in Living World

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

is this kitten dungeon temporary or permanent? “Requires” agility sounds like the direction of Molten Facility. It’d be a real shame if it goes dodo agian.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Living World

Posted by: MakersMark.8420

MakersMark.8420

Sky pirates. What’s next, quaggan bounty hunter chronicles?