Tengu Playable Evidence

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: MunkeeBreath.9165

MunkeeBreath.9165

Considering the pact now lacks 1/5th (an estimate) of its troops because of the sylvari’s “betrayal”, don’t you think that the pact would try to fill its ranks with new soldiers? I believe tengu because consider the proximity the Dominion of Winds is in relations to the Grove.
Also, if anyone watches Wooden Potatoes, he released a video detailing how Arena net gave his account a level 80 sylvari automatically. Given this information, say people chose to play as tengu, it could be a possibility that you insta level to 80 so the players could hop in on all the new content automatically. Although, the insta level 80 is less than likely.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Maybe, though I believe the Pact is no more.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

How is this evidence? Tengu still will not deal with others (aside from very select few Tengu) until they are threatened to the point where they need outside help. Mordremoth might cause that, sure, but at the moment we have had no word about how the Tengu are fairing against the Mordrem or if they’re even under siege.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Plus, I don’t think all sylvaris will be enemies now.
Maybe the Nightmare Court, maybe even the Soundless, the sylvari from the second tree, and maybe a few “weaker-minded” other sylvari, but not all. You can see at least Trahearne and Canach (well, and Caithe) in the trailer – Canach even says that not all sylvari are suddenly badboys.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

To be honest, there isn’t anything that indicates the Dominion of Winds is about to do anything soon. We know that there will be a conflict between the sylvari and everyone else – whether they want it or not – and that could lead to chaos in Caledon Forest, sure – but last time the tengu had chaos on their doorstep (Lion’s Arch) they just retreated behind the wall, and they may do the same thing again.

From a business/release timing perspective, if they’re going to release a new playable race, it would make sense to do it with this upcoming expansion (or expansion-like entity). But from a storyline perspective, nobody is looking any more likely than they were last year.

That doesn’t mean it won’t happen, of course, since it’s not an absolute requirement that it be foreshadowed; but I do think you probably shouldn’t get your hopes up too much.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I have to believe the tengu would have been featured in some capacity in at least the finale of LS2 if they were going to be made playable in HoT. I could be wrong, but I don’t think ArenaNet would let such a golden opportunity to generate buzz pass.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Biggest evidence is probably that ANet originally planned to have them as a playable race, thus one would assume that some work (or at the very least planning) has already gone into Tengu as a playable race and thus making it more likely that ANet would continue on existing efforts than start all over.
Of course that’s not technically evidence…

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Whats so hard about adding [spoiler] to the title?

The Dominion of Winds is right next to LA as well.
Its close to pretty much EVERYTHING excepting the dragon brand areas.

Nothing you have said even remotely suggests that Tengu could become a playable race.

They are the most likely choice though.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

(edited by Novuake.2691)

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I believe tne Mursaat will be the new playable race :X

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

I found a picture of the faces we can choose from.

Attachments:

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If they do put Tengu in, someone sooner or later is going to make a thread about wanting to put the females in a frilly dress so they can look feminine.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The internet…. you just won it.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Honestly, I think a completely unexpected race is a possibility, since there’s sort of a hint of a race (Mursaat, maybe? Their home is supposed to be deep in the Maguuma…), but I doubt it’ll be Tengu just yet.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Personally, I’d rather see the Tengu in an expansion pack that centers on Cantha and taking it back – thus giving the Tengu a story where they’re heading to take their homeland back from the evil-empire.

I think you’re desperately grasping at straws OP, for the moment it’s nothing more than location being the only supporting evidence. We had more interaction out of the Tengu during Scarlet’s assault which is to say, it was rather… violent – yet still we do not have a playable Tengu available yet.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Novuake.2691

Honestly, I think a completely unexpected race is a possibility, since there’s sort of a hint of a race (Mursaat, maybe? Their home is supposed to be deep in the Maguuma…), but I doubt it’ll be Tengu just yet.

Soooo the mursaat came back in total secrecy over the last 250 years without anyone knowing of their existence?

I doubt.
Not to mention, as far as we know, there is only 1 left.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Soooo the mursaat came back in total secrecy over the last 250 years without anyone knowing of their existence?

I doubt.

As far as we know. Writers should know how to deal with that. They kinda live out of phase with the rest of the world didnt they? Something like that I think.
GW1 people love mursaat almost as much as margonites, makes sense to bring them back. For me atleast.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Novuake.2691

I am sure they COULD be written back. The problem is HOW.

ANET writers have a history of bringing things back for convenience, just because, instead of doing it properly.

So I would rather have them stay dead or “unknown” if the explanation is just going to be, "nah, they been there in Tarnished, just chillin’ ".

And no, the Margonites NEED to stay dead unless Abaddon returns, in which case there better be a HALILUVA good reason and explanation, not nearly as small as Mursaat returning.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Half-life 3 confirmed

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I am sure they COULD be written back. The problem is HOW.

ANET writers have a history of bringing things back for convenience, just because, instead of doing it properly.

So I would rather have them stay dead or “unknown” if the explanation is just going to be, "nah, they been there in Tarnished, just chillin’ ".

And no, the Margonites NEED to stay dead unless Abaddon returns, in which case there better be a HALILUVA good reason and explanation, not nearly as small as Mursaat returning.

Margonites and all weird creatures from nightfall continued to live after abaddon was dead and gone werent they? The domain of anguish was one of the most popular areas in gw1 long after he was dead.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I think the OP needs to go and re-check what “evidence” means.

One – Piken Square

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Novuake.2691

Margonites and all weird creatures from nightfall continued to live after abaddon was dead and gone werent they? The domain of anguish was one of the most popular areas in gw1 long after he was dead.

250 years.
Margonites were not immortal, they were humans that were sort of corrupted, without someone or “something” actively “corrupting” new margonites, they would surely have died out.

Keep in mind this is all speculation, although pretty sure that Abaddons exposure/corruption would not have granted them immortality.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Considering the pact now lacks 1/5th (an estimate) of its troops because of the sylvari’s “betrayal”, don’t you think that the pact would try to fill its ranks with new soldiers? I believe tengu because consider the proximity the Dominion of Winds is in relations to the Grove.
Also, if anyone watches Wooden Potatoes, he released a video detailing how Arena net gave his account a level 80 sylvari automatically. Given this information, say people chose to play as tengu, it could be a possibility that you insta level to 80 so the players could hop in on all the new content automatically. Although, the insta level 80 is less than likely.

This isn’t evidence.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Brave Mallyki.1563

Brave Mallyki.1563

I doubt.

As far as we know. Writers should know how to deal with that. They kinda live out of phase with the rest of the world didnt they? Something like that I think.
GW1 people love mursaat almost as much as margonites, makes sense to bring them back. For me atleast.

I don’t see the Mursaat as a playable race mainly because they are a spellcaster only race. They created Jade Constructs to serve as their melee. But, I do believe that they will be coming back. They are originally from the Isles of Janthir and we never went there in GW1 to fight them there. They could have been hiding there for the past 250 years and with the awakening of Mordremoth, being close to them, come to investigate. And, we fight one of Mordremoth’s champions in front of a Mursaat building. That wouldn’t have been included if it wasn’t important.

Vox Invictus [VOX] – Crystal Desert
PvP Rank – 151 – Dragon
WvW Rank – 1,120 – Silver Colonel

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

CureForLiving.5360

I doubt.

Well they are technically invisible so it wouldn’t be that hard for them to go unnoticed.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

So where is your proof? You have not provided any information to back up what you are saying.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

I doubt.

Just to point out, I have a hard time believing that the entire Mursaat race left their city just to go play with the silly little humans and whatnot.

That would be like every single human on Earth getting into a spaceship to go fight a war on some other planet. EVEN THE ELDERLY AND THE CHILDREN.

There could easily be an entire city/country/etc. full of Mursaat.

Edit: Attached a screenshot of the possible ‘Mursaat’ It looks vaguely similar to how they looked in GW1, with plenty of allowance for style change between then and now etc.

Attachments:

(edited by Ykfox.3825)

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

…Er….pretty polly?. Just sayin’.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I can’t see Mursaat becoming a player race. They’d either be ridiculously overpowered or (more likely) be downgraded to a more reasonable power level for a PC, which would make them much less interesting than they are now.

It would also diminish my interest in them if they were suddenly all over the place doing totally mundane things.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: bubble.4687

bubble.4687

Anakita Snakecharm.4360 :
I can’t see Mursaat becoming a player race. They’d either be ridiculously overpowered or (more likely) be downgraded to a more reasonable power level for a PC, which would make them much less interesting than they are now.
It would also diminish my interest in them if they were suddenly all over the place doing totally mundane things.

Hahaha!!! Mursaats helping you in ascalon catacombs ….. Harvesting some omnom berries or some lettuce…..A hole bunch of them at lion’s arch just running around, some of them leveling up their cooking skills with their little quaggan backpiece !!!
It would be ridiculous to have a starting map for them etc….

I love mursaat because they are not like the other races,they can’t act ’’normaly’’ like the other races…It would look pretty weird XD!

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

I think the OP needs to go and re-check what “evidence” means.

This x100

The only thing this proves, Munkee, is the devs can add a maxed character to an account.

Thread total waste of a read and time.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Actually, now that the Sylvari will likely be under suspicion, and a fair number of them killed/arrested/under guard for fear of going all “HEIL MORDREMOTH!”, the stage is set for a new race to come on the scene to bolster the faltering manpower and morale of the Pact races. Enter the Tengu, who up till now have largely conserved their strength behind the walls of the Dominion of Winds.

Heart of Thorns could start with us deciding that Tyria needs a new strong ally, and maybe, just MAYBE this time, the Tengu will heed the call. (After all, a Wall’s not gonna do them much good if Mordremoth vines start punching up through the ground beneath them.)

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

As much as I would really love to see the Tengu become a playable race, I see no real evidence of it happening.
I would love to be proven wrong! And, if this really is going to be an expansion, then this would be good time to bring in a new selectable race.
But, we just have to be patient, wait and see.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

Yeah, no evidence of tengu playable at all really. It would be nice, but nothing to hint at all about it being soon. Also, mursaat literally would be impossible to make playable with how they want everyone to be heroes, and their agony, and the fact that they’re spell casters, and they’re incredibly selfish and manipulative.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

CureForLiving.5360

they’re incredibly selfish and manipulative.

So why can we play as Asura :P

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Silly organic beings. The new surprise race will be golems, advanced beyond anything previously seen, fully autonomous, and immune to dragon corruption.

Now imagine a ‘female’ HK-47 in light Twilight Arbor armor.

If you dare.

The table is a fable.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Sure there no strong evidence that the Tengu will be involved in the possible expansion but I still like to think they will be a playable race.

I think their reason to get involved can be justify like maybe they finally realise they must get involved due to Scarlet attack in LA. I mean are the guards back to their post outside of their wall in LA (I should check this myself) and probably fell guilty for attacking anybody that went near it during the invasion.

Also people, remember this minipet? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Tsuru_Whitewing Either this character will get introduse soon or they are saving this character in the future.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Tengu was planned as playable before launch. They share a overall posture etc with charr. But apparently their beaks interfered with presentation of the living story dialogs.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Tengu was planned as playable before launch. They share a overall posture etc with charr. But apparently their beaks interfered with presentation of the living story dialogs.

Could have them speak like parrots which speak without moving lips. It might look odd to us since that’s not what we are used to seeing, but it could be worked in. They could close the mouth at sentence markers, such as commas and periods, to keep it from being too static.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: jia li ng.8415

jia li ng.8415

From my personal experience making a Tengu a playable race would be similar to that of the Charr. In Guildwars I had grown a distain toward the Charr for the torturous murder of Lady Althea, and holding Gwen captive. My dislike for the Tengu outside Lions Arch became the same. I found nothing interesting about Tengu, even after Factions when you help them on Shing Jea island.
The mechanics of watching a Tengu run would be as exciting a watch the hapless Charr bounding across the map, or watching your Charr run like a bone minion if you spam your weapon. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tengu made an appearance, hopefully as an NPC, but not as a playable character, but if Tengu is what the designers feel is going add color to the game that is all it is … Plumage. We don’t need another race, not even in an expansion, when asked most players in the game are in agreement another couple classes would be far more enjoyable, something akin to the Dervish and the Ritualist. Seriously, Tengu? What a total bummer!

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

when asked most players in the game are in agreement another couple classes would be far more enjoyable, something akin to the Dervish and the Ritualist.

I think I’m going to need stronger evidence of this before I’m willing to believe it. I know there are a lot of people who want new professions, but I also know there are a lot who want new races; I’m not sure how the two compare but they seemed to be in the same ballpark, and naturally they also overlap heavily. It’s difficult to use that to say people want one more than another, let alone much more.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Hey, what’s the better player bait for a new expansion than new race or profession?

I would assume that after 2,5 year they will pull at least one of those out of their sleeve.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Ronin.7381

I doubt.

There’s one left that we know of. I don’t recall lore anywhere stating that the Golden City within the Isles of Janthir too fell apart after Guild Wars: Beyond – War in Kryta. But I’m bias, I loved the Mursaat so seeing them come back would be pretty kitten awesome.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Speaking of mursaat, we don’t know a whole lot about them, do we? We know they are humanoid in appearance, sure, but are they mammalian? Reptilian? Something else? How do they reproduce? For all we know, they might reproduce via binary fission, like an amoeba. So even if there was just one left, there could be, well, hordes of them by now.

The table is a fable.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Ronin.7381

Honestly, I think Lazarus is going to succeed at reconnecting himself and open some kind of doorway that would lead into the Isles of Janthir (or whatever realm of existence they ran off to when the EDs were last up) and in doing so, (assuming he succeeds here) open the flood gates to a legion of Mursaat that were simply locked away. Watching your forward command post fall and everything else with it due to people rising up against you, sooner or later you should just cut your loses and retreat – that’s what I feel the rest of the Mursaat did while Lazarus was just one left behind who had no alternative.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Runewolf.8456

Runewolf.8456

Sort of like with the Forsaken in WoW, not all the undead fell under the lich king’s(WoW equivalent to the elder dragons) control. So it makes sense that strong willed sylvari would be able to stay out his control.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

There’s one left that we know of. I don’t recall lore anywhere stating that the Golden City within the Isles of Janthir too fell apart after Guild Wars: Beyond – War in Kryta. But I’m bias, I loved the Mursaat so seeing them come back would be pretty kitten awesome.

I’d love to see the Mursaat come back, too. Just not as a playable race, because that would make them commonplace and I’d rather them not become that.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Regarding the mursaat:

The impression I had is that Khilbron’s first move was to send titans against those mursaat that were elsewhere… and those ones we didn’t stop (at least not until they moved on to somewhere else). The mursaat were terrified of the titans being released for a reason – I suspect it’s more than just having their forward command post lost.

More significantly, though, I suspect we won’t ever get playable mursaat because they’ll either be nerfed significantly or horribly broken from a balance perspective.

I’ll have the one on the bottom left. Just for hilarity factor.

From my personal experience making a Tengu a playable race would be similar to that of the Charr. In Guildwars I had grown a distain toward the Charr for the torturous murder of Lady Althea, and holding Gwen captive. My dislike for the Tengu outside Lions Arch became the same. I found nothing interesting about Tengu, even after Factions when you help them on Shing Jea island.
The mechanics of watching a Tengu run would be as exciting a watch the hapless Charr bounding across the map, or watching your Charr run like a bone minion if you spam your weapon. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tengu made an appearance, hopefully as an NPC, but not as a playable character, but if Tengu is what the designers feel is going add color to the game that is all it is … Plumage. We don’t need another race, not even in an expansion, when asked most players in the game are in agreement another couple classes would be far more enjoyable, something akin to the Dervish and the Ritualist. Seriously, Tengu? What a total bummer!

And if they do decide to reintroduce the ritualist, the tengu would grant a vector without necessarily reopening Cantha.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: A Massive Headache.1879

A Massive Headache.1879

another thing about mursaat is they’re completely evil.

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: LothiaVela.6789

LothiaVela.6789

About tengu…there is a book in the Durmand Priory secret Library ->
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Riding_the_Wind:_The_Tengu_Exodus

“Now we see the world ripped by dragon’s teeth and send a message of survival to all the races. We believe in taking flight.”

Its a little evidence of a coming back don’t you think ?

(edited by LothiaVela.6789)

Tengu Playable Evidence

in Living World

Posted by: Horus Nightlight.1276

Horus Nightlight.1276

Hehehe…. Tengu….. Mursaat…. Pls don’t forget quaggans.