Thank you for the new Jumping Puzzle!

in Living World

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Ever since the Silverwastes map was released, I’ve been trying to get up to the airship dock near the Camp Resolve waypoint. With the release of this jumping puzzle, I’ve been able to get tantalizingly close to getting up there from the southern approach, but as of yet I’ve not figured out a way up there.

Anyway, kudos to the team on this great JP – it was well-done and a lot of fun. And if anyone figures out a way up onto the airship dock, let me know the way!

in Living World

Posted by: Kamikae.9536

Kamikae.9536

As someone who generally detests Jump Puzzles (Obsidian Sanctum took me nearly 5 hours and I only did it for the WvW season 1 achievement) I really enjoyed this one. I loved the deep caves and caverns, they were very scenic and fun to explore. I also enjoyed going up down and all around the map. My only two complaints, it was too easy to get off track, I spent a lot of time searching for the next step and ended up restarting the puzzle twice since I was unsure of what I missed or where to go next. Second a more visible flash or sound or something when you pass a checkpoint would be nice, 80% of the checkpoints I never noticed that I passed, I used the speed buff sand pumps as landmarks. Very enjoyable, the jumping wasn’t annoyingly hard or sticky due to camera angles (played as a human warrior and had no issues whatsoever)
9.5/10!

rMBP 15-inch, Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

in Living World

Posted by: Chaialyna.1023

Chaialyna.1023

I am seriously not good at jumping puzzles and I hate heights. Having said that, this is a really fun puzzle. I enjoyed it because I felt like I could proceed at my own pace (I love the 24-hour timer on the buff) and even though the first time through took me two hours even with cheating and using the video for the skritt holes in between checkpoints 8 and 9 I had a really fun time. I love the look of the cavern and the fact that it spans such a large part of the zone. I appreciate the little skritt that come res you when you fall to your death-that’s a nice touch, especially for those of us who die a lot.

10/10, would run again, some time when I have a lot of time to spend.

Alts-R-Us ~ All professions at 80 ~ Still leveling characters.
Main? What “main”? I play all of them sooner or later.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, after having finally done the JP this weekend, I have to say… I didn’t like it as much as other JP’s, much to my surprise. (And I liked Clocktower and No So Secret!) I can’t really put my finger on it, but this felt less like a JP and more like just general exploration. Don’t get me wrong, it was still brilliantly designed and had a lot of “wow, look at that view!” moments, but I guess it felt a bit too open-ended for me?

Was still entertaining, at any rate, but I don’t think I’ll be adding this one to my list of “12 JP’s for the Monthly” anytime soon.

in Living World

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

As a person who loves JPs I wholeheartedly agree with this thread. I was absolutely stunned by the sheer size of this JP and loved every bit of it.

But then came the real JP when I started getting all the golden badges. The one just next to the Dry Dock WP almost drove me mad, but in the end I got it. Awesome, simply awesome.

My only suggestion would be to add an optional “time attack mode” for all these big JPs in the game and a way to compare your time against others.

One – Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Josh made it :P (I think) not as bad as I thought.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

in Living World

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

I really enjoyed this JP…was easiest on my asura and didn’t have many camera issues. I made it to the 7th marker (I think) – where the big cast iron pot is – before I had to pull up Dulfy’s video, but it was fun.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~