The Dragon's Reach Trailer

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think this release is going to revive our understanding of the world’s conflicts as they are almost two years since launch. The trailer mentions alliances will be tested and it shows Mordremoth’s corruption in Ascalon as well as Jormag’s minion in the Shiverpeaks.

We are about to meet with the Pale Tree and apparently send Taimi, Braham and Rox off to their racial leaders for support. That’s where they will mention they are still fighting other armies (Jormag’s minions, Ascalonian Ghosts, Brand etc). Before the races can throw their support for a campaign in Maguuma, they will look at their situations at home.

If nothing else, I’m super pumped my two favourite members of Destiny’s Edge will be playing a role next release. I hope Eir has more to do than just talk to Braham about his mommy issues. Rytlock is always a fun character to have around, now all I need is Caithe to turn up with our audience in the Grove and it will be a solid release. I thought it was funny, Taimi was with asura but I didn’t see Zojja. Were they not able to get Felicia Day?

in Living World

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

@Shiren Felicia stays pretty busy between her Geek and Sundry channel and other obligations…my guess is they haven’t been able to iron out a time block.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I can already see how this will end.

The attempted removal of the ghosts will fail, resulting in Adelburn gloating that only a member of his heritage can remove the curse. Thus Rytlock, very reluctantly, will admit he needs Queen Jenna to do it. Rytlock will reach out to Logan and the Queen, and the Queen will refuse, only for the PC to suddenly realize that she isn’t a descendant, possibly accidentally blurting it out loud. Logan and the Shining Blades will get kitteny and pull out their swords, only for you to reveal the existence of the locket that shows the true heir. At this point Jenna will admit she’s not of royal heritage, but her actions helping Kryta and humanity prove she doesn’t need to be. Next chapter after this will be the search for the member of the royal family.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Posted by: Levistis.8356

Levistis.8356

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/25631-guild-wars-2-the-dragons-reach-begins-july-29-new-trailer-teases-destinys-edge-and-corruption/

I saw mentioned earlier that this article confirms no new content, when in now way have they contacted Anet in any way shape or form, they were simply speculating there will be none due to the fact that none is in the trailer. In no way is that confirmed; unless there is another unreleased article Vol is speaking about.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/07/22/flameseeker-chronicles-introducing-guild-wars-2s-dragons-reac/

This particular release won’t unlock a new section of the Dry Top map, although players can look forward to seeing more of it uncovered in the fourth episode. The focus of this upcoming release is on bringing news of Mordremoth’s existence to the rest of Tyria.

Ty, google does not always provide everything one is looking for.

:D

Magummadweller

in Living World

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

The attempted removal of the ghosts will fail, resulting in Adelburn gloating that only a member of his heritage can remove the curse. Thus Rytlock, very reluctantly, will admit he needs Queen Jenna to do it. Rytlock will reach out to Logan and the Queen, and the Queen will refuse, only for the PC to suddenly realize that she isn’t a descendant, possibly accidentally blurting it out loud. Logan and the Shining Blades will get kitteny and pull out their swords, only for you to reveal the existence of the locket that shows the true heir. At this point Jenna will admit she’s not of royal heritage, but her actions helping Kryta and humanity prove she doesn’t need to be. Next chapter after this will be the search for the member of the royal family.

It’s almost a soap opera in if you summarize it like this. =p

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Living World

Posted by: sAdam.5876

sAdam.5876

I also thought about Divinity’s Reach.
To be truthful for me that trailer was a bit anticlimactic, while compared to previous two. Fingers crossed for release itself.

in Living World

GussJr.1643

I have a suspision that before the end of season two, we will find out who “E” actually is…

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Living World

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Correct me if I’m wrong, but does the the legend not state only the rightful King of Ascalon wielding either of the swords can lift the curse?

Either this attempt fails as he doesn’t he considered that. Or Rytlock perhaps becomes the Kahn-Ur which could be interpreted as the King of Ascalon.

Or the Legends wrong and you only need the sword.

Ascalon was originally Charr lands, by that reasoning the rightful “King” of Ascalon might be a Charr.

Anyway, who puts stock in legends and prophecies? I say the magic is in thew sword, not the person.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in Living World

Posted by: Hovih.2046

Hovih.2046

Anyone think the name “The Dragon’s Reach” could have a double meaning an allude to Divinity’s Reach? The simplest explanation is it simply indicates the vines spreading across the world and appearently showing up in charr territory (“Mordremoth’s corruption reaches so far!”) but NPCs have a couple times refered to DR as “the Reach” (it was confusing at first, I thought it was a new place in the game). Television shows often have words in their episode titles which are recurring themes throughout the episode and can often be bothe literal and metaphorical.

Exactly my thoughts. Though we didn’t see a thing about the Reach. Actually, we spoke with Kasmeer at the end of Entanglement, and the story is that we’re going to the Pale Tree, right? Now, we didn’t see her either. And with the Krytan Locket mentioned, and people speculating that she’ll die… oh, I’d love that. I hate that woman. Not Logan, but Jennah.
And who might be the asura around Taimi? The one in the background is a typical krewe leader model, but the other I don’t recognize. o.O
I hope Eir and Braham will go with the idea “let’s unite the two groups, this isn’t a Zaithan boss fight”. I’d like to see more of them, especially Zojja, but looks like they couldn’t get Felicia Day again. Come on, ArenaNet, kidnap her or anything!
Why are we seeing Icebrood… maybe that’s one of the reasons Braham is visiting Eir/Hoelbrak, aside from getting help from the leaders?
And Rytlock… what are you doing. Though if the cleansing would succed, they’d have to re-write lots of hearts and Ascalonian Catacombs even! So I sadly bet that he’ll fail
And I’m actually happy that we won’t get Dry Top. Seeing the story affecting the ‘old’ maps would be great.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I have a suspision that before the end of season two, we will find out who “E” actually is…

It have been outright stated that we will find out E’s identity during S2.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

GussJr.1643

@lordkrall good to know then

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Living World

Posted by: Hovih.2046

Hovih.2046

They already said (or at least I’ve read it somewhere) that ‘E’ will be revealed.

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Not far fetched at all.

They could also go the route that the queen is in fact a descendant, and on her way there she gets killed by Mordremoth.

in Living World

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

so mord trying to get the magic of the Ascalon ???
and the power of the pale tree 2 magic things if your right that mord absorb magic ??

and Rytlock try to save the ghost wil be hard for him to speak to the king he dont like Charr that much Eir wil be beter she more of a thinker ??

in Living World

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Here’s another possible spin — we know there’s a locket showing Doric’s heir. That person would count as the “rightful ruler” under the terms of the curse. I don’t buy a Charr being able to fit that role; they may have true claim to the lands, but the curse was laid down by a human thinking it was rightfully his. He’d never set the curse to allow one of the hated enemy to count.

However, if the rightful heir persuades Rytlock to do this, and is there at the scene — just off camera from that short clip — that might fulfill the spirit of the conditions. S/he needn’t necessarily be handling the blade, right? Maybe after all this time using it the thing has in some way bonded to Rytlock and he has to voluntarily give it up.

Just brainstorming here, and I never played GW1 or focused heavily on its lore so the true mavens can probably shoot many holes in this.

in Living World

Posted by: DragonXRose.8534

DragonXRose.8534

I’ll just leave this here: Ghost army of Dunharrow, The Oathbreakers

A girl can dream right? right?

GANDARA -The Searing- [TS]
Cypressa Belladonna / Yhana Belladonna / Siri Vargsdottir / Kata Sharpe
Siri Meccano / Ysana Deathpale / Siri Bladedancer / Siri Strongheart

in Living World

Posted by: Genius.6384

Genius.6384

Anyone noticed the notebook of Scholar Abel in the Ley Line Hub ?
It sais something about ghosts just being magical energy constructs.
Maybe that’s why they want to break this curse, they want to prevent Mordremoth from consuming all the magical energy of the ghosts.

(edited by Genius.6384)

in Living World

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

Regarding the Ice Brood
In today’s Lore interview release (from the Spanish community, muchos gracias for sharing) which can be found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/lore/New-lore-interview-to-Anet-lore-team/first#content

It is stated that Dragons don’t ‘typically’ fight with each other, as long as they don’t ‘tress pass’ on each other’s territory. Seeing that Mordi ‘has to’ pass through the Shiver Peaks, ‘we’ might get an unlikely ally in the fight Against Mordi, as Jormag might be fairly irritated about his presence in the Shiver Peaks… Obviously this ‘ally’ will strengthen it’s presence or will respond with stronger creatures, these would obviously also pose a new thread to the area and thus to us!

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

(edited by Arghore.8340)

in Living World

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
pees herself after watching the trailer

in Living World

Posted by: Cyan.6904

Cyan.6904

Regarding the Ice Brood
In today’s Lore interview release (from the Spanish community, muchos gracias for sharing) which can be found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/lore/lore/New-lore-interview-to-Anet-lore-team/first#content

It is state that Dragons do ‘typically’ fight with each other, as long as they don’t ‘tress pass’ on each other’s territory. Seeing that Mordi ‘has to’ pass through the Shiver Peaks, ‘we’ might get an unlikely ally in the fight Against Mordi, as Jormag might be fairly irritated about his presence in the Shiver Peaks… Obviously this ‘ally’ will strengthen it’s presence or will respond with stronger creatures, these would obviously also pose a new thread to the area and thus to us!

I was also thinking in that way, although I feel like it will not be a very positive change. It’s already visible that the dragons and their minions are not very mild for anything around them in their ways. I think it will be devastating if they start to fight each other, how are we going to handle so much raw destruction?

Cyan Graceland — Elementalist
The Knights Temple [TKT] — Aurora Glade

in Living World

Posted by: OtakuModeEngage.8679

OtakuModeEngage.8679

Reminds me of lord of the rings at the end there… does rytlock get a ghoast army too?

in Living World

Posted by: Polantaris.9513

Polantaris.9513

I’m really confused… does it mean Ascalon will be freed from the ghosts?
Any lore-expert who can explain what that curse is/was? I only know some pieces of the story because I’ve never played GW1 extensively.

PS: Rytlock uses the sword from that ghost king dude, right?
That place looks a bit like a bloodstone.. or is it just some Ascalonian ruin?

Really excited :O

Basically, my understanding is that after your character leaves Ascalon in GW1, King Adelbern continues the fight against that Charr without his son/your party. Eventually, he gets his kitten kicked and the Charr win. During the final battle, when Adelbern is on his last leg, he decides to kitten all of Ascalon by casting the Foefire with his sword, of which only two still exist from ancient times (his, and the one Rurik had/Rytlock now has). Fiery Dragon Swords are actually replicas of this sword. The actual events of this final battle are unclear, as the Charr and the Humans have differing stories as to how it went down, so there’s no real way for us as players to know for certain. In GW1 you are not there for the end. All that’s known for certain is that Adelburn, either in his rage, despair, and/or last desperate measure, cast the Foefire.

By causing the Foefire, now those that died in Ascalon’s ultimately fruitless war now walk Ascalon as ghosts, not really knowing that they are indeed ghosts.

The rumor is that the only way for the Foefire to end, and therefore ending the curse and removing the ghosts, is for the true heir of Ascalon to return. This person actually exists in GW2’s world, though I forget his name off the top of my head.

This video implies that there is actually another way to end the Foefire, perhaps with the use of the twin of Adelburn’s destroyed sword that Rytlock owns.

in Living World

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

i have a very bad feeling about this what rytlock brimstone is doing

I hope the video mean, Ridlock kills all humans and release the curse on Ascalon. And so Tiria will be free of this human pest living or ghosts
They simply show you the last part only

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

(edited by spiritus.7983)

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

What if the heir of Ascalon is meant symbolically? The heir being the one wielding both the blades? Surely having both of those rare magical weapons would prove one worthy of being a king. Perhaps Braham visits Eir to warn of the danger, but also finds out that the smith finished reconstructing the broken blade from the ghostly king? It would allow Rytlock to cleanse the land if Braham would bring it with him, probably realizing he’s seen the twin in Rytlock’s hand.

in Living World

Genlog.4983

i have a very bad feeling about this what rytlock brimstone is doing

I hope the video mean, Ridlock kills all humans and release the curse on Ascalon. And so Tiria will be free of this human pest living or ghosts
They simply show you the last part only

there are many way you can see this

first when he smack his sword into the ground he can summon the king
what in my few is a bad idee becouse the king hates charr

orther option there are 2 swords he only use 1 so the spell to lift the curse might not work maby he need the orther 1 to ?

also he can ask the help of the king to fight the dragon and his army
becouse Rytlock no they might comming to there lands

and charrs already have there ands full in a endless war Vs the ghost

in Living World

Gimli.9461

Rytlock does his thing and Jennah dies! Tun dun dun. Can Logan and Rytlock ever get past this? No. Logan turns out to be the heir, he cancels all treaty negotiations, declaring war on the Charr! Charr take Ebonhawke, general slaughter ensues.

j/k

in Living World

Genlog.4983

What if the heir of Ascalon is meant symbolically? The heir being the one wielding both the blades? Surely having both of those rare magical weapons would prove one worthy of being a king. Perhaps Braham visits Eir to warn of the danger, but also finds out that the smith finished reconstructing the broken blade from the ghostly king? It would allow Rytlock to cleanse the land if Braham would bring it with him, probably realizing he’s seen the twin in Rytlock’s hand.

but the broken sword is for logan ??
but wil logan help Rytlock ??

in Living World

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

Hmm Rox visiting Rytlock and Braham visiting Eir (Not on speaking terms until now) looks like they will ask for the support of the Norn/Charr To help with the fight. Wouldnt be surprised if the other members of Destinys Edge will reunite to bring up an army of al the five races (the cycle of the past continous).

in Living World

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I’m wondering if somehow Rytlock is trying to use the sword to hit a leyline now that the world knows about leylines. Maybe he can break the Ascalon curse by disrupting a leyline?

in Living World

Posted by: Nassai.5346

Nassai.5346

I have theory: Rytlock maybe knew that he can cleanse Ascalon from it’s curse but he did’t do it because he knew that without out something charr can fight they would turn against other races and he just wanted to ensure peace. And now when another more powerfull dragon is rising he know that they can’t fight Ascalonian ghosts and this dragon.

in Living World

Gimli.9461

I have theory: Rytlock maybe knew that he can cleanse Ascalon from it’s curse but he did’t do it because he knew that without out something charr can fight they would turn against other races and he just wanted to ensure peace. And now when another more powerfull dragon is rising he know that they can’t fight Ascalonian ghosts and this dragon.

Nah I don’t see Rytlock reasoning that way. They still had Flame Legion to fight, and removing ghosts early would mean the Legions could focus more on building up their strength. Plus if that’d be the case Rytlock’ll just get crucified.

There’s probably some plot twist there where they find something out Rytlock can do, and judging by the argument he seems to have with Rox in the trailer, it’ll have some dire consequences (hopefully to the humans :P :P)

in Living World

Posted by: Nassai.5346

Nassai.5346

Nah I don’t see Rytlock reasoning that way. They still had Flame Legion to fight, and removing ghosts early would mean the Legions could focus more on building up their strength. Plus if that’d be the case Rytlock’ll just get crucified.

There’s probably some plot twist there where they find something out Rytlock can do, and judging by the argument he seems to have with Rox in the trailer, it’ll have some dire consequences (hopefully to the humans :P :P)

Yeah you are probably right I forget about flame legion

in Living World

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

Eir Stegalkin, daughter of Einar Cliffstrider and mother of Braham who is now part of the new Destiny’s Edge.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

in Living World

GussJr.1643

@Vlad Morbius yea, I am gonna have to go with a ‘no’ on that one.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

in Living World

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

I’m not usually one to join the naysayers, at least haven’t been the last few weeks, but I can’t possibly imagine how or why they would actually make Rytlock’s gambit work. The charr/ghost fight is one of the most popular parts of the game and integral to the Charr storyline. Not only would it ultimately be unpopular and require a complete redo of the story for the Charr, it would also represent a tremendous misuse of dev resources in trying to fix a part of the game far from broken for no particular reason except it would be interesting to see what happens.

However, as a failed attempt, I’m sure this story will be fantastic.

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ Well to be fair people have been wanting a solution to the “ghost problem” since release more or less.

It also works with the personal story, seeing as that is locked in time, so even if the ghosts go away in the open world they would still be able to take part in the story instances.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

Considering the Krytan Royal Locket and the mention of an important leader (potentially Jenna) being targeted, I would assume that either Jenna or the Heir is either present for or aid in the cleansing.

Also, I’m pretty sure Eir successfully retrieved Magdaer and had someone who could reforge it. This happened at least a year ago in in-game time. Perhaps we’ll finally see that plot-line fulfilled?

And while I like the biconics just fine for the most part, I’ll actually be really happy if they can just kitten off for one release and we can see some other characters get some focus.
I know we have to finish up what happened last time and go talk to the Pale Tree, and we’ll probably see some resolution between Rox and Rytlock and the whole warband affair, but if they could just stop after that for this patch and actually focus on some other character for a while, that’d be great.

in Living World

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

^ Well to be fair people have been wanting a solution to the “ghost problem” since release more or less.

It also works with the personal story, seeing as that is locked in time, so even if the ghosts go away in the open world they would still be able to take part in the story instances.

Is true, and it would be incredibly cool, shocking and would open up a world of possibilities. But that world of possibilities might not be as fun as the old world, I could easily see this being a case of “be careful what you wish for” for a lot of people, unless something happened like the ghosts became normal Ascalonians that regained their previous corporeal form and are fighting the Charr still. Especially if they formed an alliance with the separatists.

And even then, as I said, I’d be disappointed that resources had been diverted to something like this.

And while I like the biconics just fine for the most part, I’ll actually be really happy if they can just kitten off for one release and we can see some other characters get some focus.
I know we have to finish up what happened last time and go talk to the Pale Tree, and we’ll probably see some resolution between Rox and Rytlock and the whole warband affair, but if they could just stop after that for this patch and actually focus on some other character for a while, that’d be great.

100% agree about diversification of story, it’s very nice to see that they are still able to mix together old and new stuff. Though I don’t think we’re at a point yet where I’d want to just stop altogether, are we to wait until Mordremoth has taken over the entire map? I want them to press through for this story and then take a break for game balancing, polish, dungeon paths, etc. I think that’s what they’re already planning, though, if you think about schedule. Mad King’s Day is in what, 5 more cycles? Plenty of time to wrap things up and take a break from the story until after Wintersday.

(edited by wwwes.1398)

in Living World

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’ll just leave this here: Ghost army of Dunharrow, The Oathbreakers

A girl can dream right? right?

By the Six, the idea of Rytlock or Logan leading a ghost army into a Dragon Battle made me warm all over.

I’m really excited about this because hopefully we’ll tie up that loose end with Eir and Rytlock about the sword.
She took Magdaer so it could be reforged for Logan.
After that I kept thinking “Annny minute now they’ll conclude this.”
That thought was going on for three months before I lost hope.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Living World

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’m really confused… does it mean Ascalon will be freed from the ghosts?
Any lore-expert who can explain what that curse is/was? I only know some pieces of the story because I’ve never played GW1 extensively.

PS: Rytlock uses the sword from that ghost king dude, right?
That place looks a bit like a bloodstone.. or is it just some Ascalonian ruin?

Really excited :O

Basically, my understanding is that after your character leaves Ascalon in GW1, King Adelbern continues the fight against that Charr without his son/your party. Eventually, he gets his kitten kicked and the Charr win. During the final battle, when Adelbern is on his last leg, he decides to kitten all of Ascalon by casting the Foefire with his sword, of which only two still exist from ancient times (his, and the one Rurik had/Rytlock now has). Fiery Dragon Swords are actually replicas of this sword. The actual events of this final battle are unclear, as the Charr and the Humans have differing stories as to how it went down, so there’s no real way for us as players to know for certain. In GW1 you are not there for the end. All that’s known for certain is that Adelburn, either in his rage, despair, and/or last desperate measure, cast the Foefire.

By causing the Foefire, now those that died in Ascalon’s ultimately fruitless war now walk Ascalon as ghosts, not really knowing that they are indeed ghosts.

The rumor is that the only way for the Foefire to end, and therefore ending the curse and removing the ghosts, is for the true heir of Ascalon to return. This person actually exists in GW2’s world, though I forget his name off the top of my head.

This video implies that there is actually another way to end the Foefire, perhaps with the use of the twin of Adelburn’s destroyed sword that Rytlock owns.

I still think the Charr’s version of events is the truth. Adelburn comes off as xenophobic and crazy enough to place a curse on his own people just for attempting to run. He refused aid from Kryta during the events of GW1 just because he still held a grudge from the war with them, if everybody recalls.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Living World

Arghore.8340

Regarding Ghosts
Removing the Ghosts from the world would mean a major overhaul of the whole Charr area. It would also (sort of) need a phasing system in place, because even though the ghosts can return in PS instances (taking place ‘in the past’), gaming in the general area would then loose it’s context entirely.

But, as we have seen by the arrival of the ‘Dust’ being able to change an entire landscape. And remembering that ‘once’ it was said that there would be differences between day and night, also in regards to foe presence (which didn’t seem to be the case for the Ghosts for some weird reason). I think that we will see a partial resolution instead.

Meaning, the attempt by Rytlock ‘works’ but only for the ghost presence during the day. The reason as to why the alliences are put to the test will likely be that Logan (possibly ordered so by his queen), refuses to use Magdaer as well, giving this partial result. One, because these are all human citizens, even though they are dead, and let us not forget that the Charr still lay siege to Ebon Hawke… It’s a nice ‘Needs of the one vs needs of the many’ moral problem (be it with a bit of a twist).

Now next to the Sylvari being distrusted for the events of Scarlet. The Human motives will be mistrusted for the resolution of the Ghost situation in Ascalon, which is tried to free up resources to fight a greater common thread. Likely also having effects on the Peace treaty.

We will be left with perhaps even multiple Ascalonian/Charr maps with a wide array of new day events, while the ghosts event are to be used strictly during the night. Similar to how there are different events in Dry-Top, during a Dust Storm and Without one…

All will make sense still (in regards to all story lines), so in that sense nothing has truly changed, yet, we see new events and new content, a whole development of the story. And we get a more dynamic world…

I’m gonna have to be honest, that if this turns out to be the case, i will stand up from behind my computer and applaud…

(edited by Arghore.8340)

in Living World

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It seems that we’ll have a special appearance from the dead Prince himself.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Living World

Arghore.8340

@Sir Vincent, that would be quite an interesting surprise and twist as well … do you expect that this time he will just stay with the group, and instead ‘not’ run off to try kill every Charr in sight…

in Living World

Posted by: lnguy.5127

lnguy.5127

Charr ranks:

Legionnaires -> Centurions -> Tribunes -> Imperators -> Khan-Ur.

Rytlock is currently a Tribune. It is unlikely that he rises up to Khan-Ur that fast unless he found the Claw of the Khan-Ur.

in Living World

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

“Ascalon, I free you from this curse!”

SAY WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT!?!?!?!?!

No more intense dialogue has ever been uttered in Guild Wars 2!

in Living World

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

If the rightful human heir to ascalon recognizes rytlock as the rightful king, this might be enough to kickstart that magic as well. This would explain why he hadn’t done it sooner, because Kryta has been working with the Black Citadel on that peace process for a long time, and the true rightful heir of ascalon could have been any number of people in ebohhawk or DR, since humans currently recognize a krytan, rather than an ascalonian, as queen.

Thus, you’d have to figure out who the ascalonian human heir was, and if they were like “Hey, this guy is king now” that might be enough.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

Charr ranks:

Legionnaires -> Centurions -> Tribunes -> Imperators -> Khan-Ur.

Rytlock is currently a Tribune. It is unlikely that he rises up to Khan-Ur that fast unless he found the Claw of the Khan-Ur.

The Claw of Khan-Ur was retrieved from Ascalon during the Ghosts of Ascalon novel.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

I’d like to mention that there were ghosts roaming Ascalon BEFORE Foefire. So I’m sure there is a way to lift the curse without breaking the original personal storyline progression. Regardless of whether or not the curse is lifted, I’m sure spiteful ghosts will still remain and could be interacted with in the context of the personal storyline.

It’s interesting that there were human ghosts in GW1 and I don’t recall seeing ghosts of anything else really, at least not in large part. It could be the six gods and their relationship with humans are to blame?

in Living World

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

The trailer looks interesting! I’m not sure what freeing the Ghosts of Ascalon will do, other than directly benefit the charr since they have control over the majority of the lands.

I’m not sure how Rytlock could accomplish this without the help of a human leader of some sort, like Queen Jenna. To the Ascalonians, the Charr are their ancient enemies. Even if he gives back the sword, would that really be enough to appease them? How can the ascalonians approve of the charr occupying their territory? Maybe the Pale Tree will provide more insight into this.

in Living World

GussJr.1643

@Xukavi <—- this, it was recovered by Dougal

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~