Too much Single-Player content

in Living World

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

Don’t get me wrong. I do like the story in this living story season… But I feel like that this season is even less group friendly then the season one.

All added instances are aimed for a single character. So there is absolutely no cooperation required what so ever. And there are instances like Concordia that should rather be designed for groups.

Or maybe add some group exploration/hard mode for instances with additional achievements?

in Living World

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well to be fair you CAN do all the instances in groups (like Personal Story).

I don’t think forcing people to group in order to do story content is the way to go.
Just look at all the rage with the battle against Zhaitan in Personal Story.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

In season 1, ANet released both content that could only be played solo, and content that required a full group. In both cases people complained and asked that ANet made the instances similar to the personal story ones, so they could be played by 1 to 5 players at the same time, depending on what the individual player wanted. They have now done exactly this.

In addition, there is the open world stuff in Dry Top, which can be played solo, but will generate better rewards the more players cooperate.

We got our way. I really don’t think that there is anything left for us to criticize. Not this aspect, anyway.

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

Are you being serious?

Dry Top content is not about cooperation. Ok, there are a lot of people that help with the event. But there is no need to prepare your build accordingly to other party members. You don’t need to be on team speak or communicate in any other way.

I know that some people whined about content that they can’t do solo. But people will whine whatever you do. I’m not happy about the story instances being solo only. So what about me?! For some reason I’m less important?
There are also a lot people crying that this game(combat) is shallow. And one of the reasons for this is that there is not so enough content where you need to use your skill.

One more thing… If I understand your point correctly you’re asking to not put any story related stuff into dungeons? Or maybe there shouldn’t be more dungeons?

Also. I’m not asking to make story instances group only. I’m asking to make some version of those instances for groups.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

But the story instances aren’t solo only, the scale with groups, just like Personal Story. So your point is moot.

No one have ever in this thread said anything about putting story in dungeons. But putting MAIN STORYLINE CONTENT behind a grouping wall would probably not be a good idea.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Well to be fair you CAN do all the instances in groups (like Personal Story).

I don’t think forcing people to group in order to do story content is the way to go.
Just look at all the rage with the battle against Zhaitan in Personal Story.

Still waiting for that part to be made solo.

As for the OP——LFG to play the personal story. At least you have a choice to play it in a group or solo.

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

But the story instances aren’t solo only, the scale with groups, just like Personal Story. So your point is moot.

Scaling does not resolve anything.

I’m asking for content that revolves around cooperation. Not just to be able to do something with other people.

in Living World

Posted by: Dragonic Elemental.2674

Dragonic Elemental.2674

You can do the instances with groups of up to 5. It was nice to have some help with some of the fights, and I wouldn’t have wanted to do them alone. Stop complaining.

May the Six watch over us. And come back to Tyria soon.

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

I’m asking for content that revolves around cooperation. Not just to be able to do something with other people.

So you basically want content that locks a somewhat large part of the players out?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

So you basically won’t content that locks a somewhat large part of the players out?

Is this serious question?

in Living World

lordkrall.7241

Yes, yes it is.
Because it sounds like that is exactly what you are saying.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Living World

Posted by: Xukavi.4320

Xukavi.4320

From what I understand what the OP wants is a dungeon in the living story.

Elyas Wolfbane – Ranger, Xukavi – Thief

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

Yes, yes it is.
Because it sounds like that is exactly what you are saying.

And you are ok with all the content that is already in the game and it’s locked behind ‘something’?
For example things that are locked behind how many people are around: Group Events, Boss Battles, Dungeons, SPvP, WvW, EoTM, FoTM, Fossil Weapons etc.
This is just one example of content lock but I assure you that everything is locked behind something. If locking is a valid argument in any discussion about some kind of content. Then we should discredit whole game. Like current story instance design locks groups of more then 5 people out.

(edited by HiddenNick.7206)

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Don’t get me wrong. I do like the story in this living story season… But I feel like that this season is even less group friendly then the season one.

I guess zerg content isn’t group friendly? Well I guess if your idea of a group is dungeon or raid that yeah I guess it wasn’t.

Dry Top content is not about cooperation. Ok, there are a lot of people that help with the event. But there is no need to prepare your build accordingly to other party members. You don’t need to be on team speak or communicate in any other way.

Yeah I guess we’re going to keep on doing the definition thing. In dry top you have people working towards a common goal (favour rank), one could say that they’re in fact cooperating. Now however if your definition of cooperation (as it seems to be) is something like dungeons or raids, then yes dry top isn’t giving you the cooperation you want.

Dungeons and raids then, cool got you.

So you basically want content that locks a somewhat large part of the players out?

Seems so yes, dungeons and raids.

From what I understand what the OP wants is a dungeon in the living story.

Or a raid.

Like current story instance design locks groups of more then 5 people out.

So raids then? You prefer 10 man, 20 man or dare I go so far 30 man? Or you more the open world raid type guy (tequatl, wurm, marrionette)?

in Living World

Pixelpumpkin.4608

But people will whine whatever you do.

Apparently so.

in Living World

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

We’re only two releases into the season. Little early to complain about the lack of any feature. I doubt the developers will let a season go by without a new dungeon or other group content.

If your point is that the living story instances should include scaling/difficulty appropriate to five man parties (and maybe some kind of minimal ongoing reward), I think that argument can be made and should be something the devs consider for the future (although I think, if that is the case, you can make that recommendation a little calmer than you do in this thread – they are more likely to listen if you are level headed and logical in the request instead of coming across antagonistic all the time).

in Living World

Posted by: Kyrie Dark.3628

Kyrie Dark.3628

I’m giving this a giant hell no as I prefer to solo it. I had a hard time getting a group just to kill Zhaitan for PS and don’t want to have to deal with that again. I hope Anet completely ignores your request.

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

I’m giving this a giant hell no as I prefer to solo it. I had a hard time getting a group just to kill Zhaitan for PS and don’t want to have to deal with that again. I hope Anet completely ignores your request.

Did you even read my suggestions? Where did I wrote: I want that story instances are group only content?!

in Living World

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Anet has done (so far) an admirable job balancing the BIG call for instanced LS content that can be solo’d or done in small 5 man groups. (Which I must remind you was what they said when they LAUNCHED the game would be the standard.) The big super coordinated events like Wurm, Teq, etc were added in specifically for those like you that wanted BIG voice comm coordinated battles. There is also WvW for that too. I’m going to have to echo Kyrie here and say that they need to stay the course for the LS.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

You wrote a really long post and the thing that you wanted to ask is plain simple: “do I want raids?”. And the answer is: I don’t know because I never participated in raids.

My suggestion can be found in the opening post. Feel free to read it…

in Living World

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

You. Can. Do. The. Instances. With. Other. People.

If you want more than 5 people, or things like the big world event bosses, then fine, have at it.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Living World

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Need more stuff like twisted marionette…..

in Living World

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Once you kill zhaitan its over, no one wants to freaking run it again… its a terrible and unrewarding… if they actually made it rewarding ppl would do it…
You are having a hard time to kill that worthless zhaithan because majority of the playerbase has already completed that…nO ones running it again, theres no point.

Beside, that entire last battle with zhaitan was embarassingly terrible. I don’t want to wait a half hour looking at the wind blow from an airship

in Living World

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Since when is cooperation required in dungeons? ;/

in Living World

Posted by: Sorann Peace.9056

Sorann Peace.9056

Are you being serious?

I know that some people whined about content that they can’t do solo. But people will whine whatever you do. I’m not happy about the story instances being solo only. So what about me?! For some reason I’m less important?
There are also a lot people crying that this game(combat) is shallow. And one of the reasons for this is that there is not so enough content where you need to use your skill.

One more thing… If I understand your point correctly you’re asking to not put any story related stuff into dungeons? Or maybe there shouldn’t be more dungeons?

Also. I’m not asking to make story instances group only. I’m asking to make some version of those instances for groups.

I absolutely love the single player story instance format for story content, but at the same time a few dungeons here or there won’t hurt either, in my opinion. For the main story, I would prefer it to be story instances, but for the very major plot points, like incursions into an area to defeat a main villain, then dungeons would seem better suited in my opinion.

The dungeons also shouldn’t be required to understand the story, they should sort of be there on the side, and while they address major plot points like I said, you won’t lose out on all the context if you don’t do them. See what i’m saying, I guess? For example, the majority of the dungeons at launch were not required to understand the personal story.

Until of course you have to kill Zhaitan, and all of a sudden the two stories are thrust together. But eh, while I love single-player instances and think it should be majority single-player as well as open world content, new dungeons would be great too.

Perhaps there could be a compromise?

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

From what I gather, the OP wants Living Story to be mostly raid content.

This is not going to happen.

Guild Wars 2 caters to solo players, small group players, and large group players (in additions to PvP players of various stripes, which have been mostly screened off from PvE).
However, large group content that is invitation-only and requires third party voice communication with other participants will not be part of Guild Wars 2. The game’s philosophy so far clearly shows that all players, any players, should always be happy to see others nearby, jump in and help each other.
Guild Wars 2 is inclusive. “Hardcore” raid content, however, is exclusive and unwelcoming to “noobs”. It will never be part of Living Story, only the occasional (permanent) world boss, like Tequatl or the Three-Headed Wurm. And even those will always be open world, and never instanced, so that any passers-by can still join in and help.

What we have seen in the first Living Story was that a story would start slowly with solo content in the open world, with small group dungeons or large world boss events at climactic points in the story. As the season progressed, large group content was also added, and the entire Lion’s Arch battle climax (excluding the final Scarlet instance) was large group content.

While Living Story 2 uses the (solo-based) Story Journal as the backbone for the story, (temporary or permanent) large-scale events are not ruled out. Dry Top is only the first part. So it’s building up. Be patient.

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Time to lock this thread up please. It going no where. OP has enough comments that disagree, but selfishly refuses to accept it.

in Living World

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

the instances are solo content, yes, but everything else isn’t. dry top is one of the more social maps in the game, and it shows.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

What’s stopping you from posting a LFG for the Living Story, OP? I see posts for them go up all the time.

You can solo the LS chapters, yes, but it goes a lot faster and easier if you’re in a group.

in Living World

Pixelpumpkin.4608

the instances are solo content, yes

No, they’re noooooooooooooooooot

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

You know, I hate content that requires a team. Just hate it. However, if they put in a dungeon that was a side story of the LS, like raiding an Inquest base/lab in Dry Top just because it’s there, I’d have no problems with it.

Let’s say that the LS introduces you to a nasty Inquest researcher, by name. You stop him, he gets away, and you carry on with the story. But, now you know where his lab is, and the dungeon is you getting some friends together to give him some payback. Not a part of the main plot at all, you miss out on nothing from the real LS by skipping the dungeon. But it’s there and related to the LS.

Would anyone object to stuff like that?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

From what I gather, the OP wants Living Story to be mostly raid content.

What where? How?

I only suggested hard mode for story instances for group cooperation. How do you know if I want raids? In one of my posts I specifically wrote that I never raided in my life!

Time to lock this thread up please. It going no where. OP has enough comments that disagree, but selfishly refuses to accept it.

What? Why? Most of people that disagree say that I want raids (I really don’t have a clue why) or didn’t understand me (because they say I want the story instances to be group only – and that’s not true because I only wanted harder versions of them that require a group). But whatever… Lock it if you want. The game is perfect for the people on this forum.

in Living World

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

All added instances are aimed for a single character. So there is absolutely no cooperation required what so ever. And there are instances like Concordia that should rather be designed for groups.

Or maybe add some group exploration/hard mode for instances with additional achievements?

Are you seriously asking for dependency on a bunch of fools to get some kind of reward in the LS? I cannot even express how happy I am with the new LS and the achievements and since the season 2, I have always done all of them (the first day they were around) unlike in season 1, where I simply had to resign to get some of them.
Let’s face the sad truth. Majority of players are mindless noobs, who do not know how things work and will weigh down the group in every single encounter. And if you take your time (even as long as an hour) to explain every detail in a noob-proof way, next time you attempt the challenge, similar bunch of guys shows up again…
I would be perfectly happy with content, that is repeatable and designed for a small group of players, just like dungeons. We could then face that with friends or guildies without the frustration of being dependant on PuGs, who don’t know what to do again.

My opinion is, achievements are truly achievements only as long as they are purely solo effort. Liadri (or whole queen’s gauntlet) is the best example so far. If there is any chance you can be carried by someone else to get the achievement, it is not a proof of your skills. Anet realised it and with the last few patches, they are putting in ACTUAL achievements rather than mindless zerg content.

in Living World

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Yep, and that’s great. This is what GW2 should be about, playing with others, but without a hassle or being forced to.

(edited by Shinzan.2908)

in Living World

Posted by: Tranc.6780

Tranc.6780

Yeah, I agree with everyone else (not the OP :-)

For the past year we’ve had too much content that’s dependent on other people (or rather, getting into the right instance): Tequatl, Evolved Jungle Wurm, the Marionette fight, racing up the Tower of Nightmares, Crown Pavilion, triple Assault Knights, etc.

Dry Top is a nice balance.

(edited by Tranc.6780)

in Living World

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

I agree. One of the nice things of Dry Top as a cooperative zone is that a handful of unmotivated or absent players cannot ruin the end goal for everyone else.

Because that is a major issue in Tequatl, Three-Headed Wurm and similar encounters.

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

Ok, just to end this topic… That most of you misunderstood. Because everything that I wanted is to see story instances reused for group instances (new mobs, same story) with new achievements.

What I wanted to say at the end of this thread is this: My guild is doing only one task together right now: two years old dungeons. This the ONLY content that is keeping my guild together. And it’s the only thing that keeps people socialized. So I don’t think you can build community with content that prefers single player. Sure, some people will stay and play for a while. But they will leave sooner or later if they are not hooked up by friends that they meet in this game. Support whatever content design you want but I assure you that longevity lies in multiplayer aspect of the game.

Personally I do like playing the story instances. But after I’m done, which does not take long, I log out and wait for two weeks for a reason to log in again.

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

What about fractals? What about Guild missions? What about PvP team battles or WvW or GvG? Seems to me your guild is skipping a lot of content there, all of it requiring voice com for top performance.

in Living World

Posted by: psyckos.6893

psyckos.6893

Don’t take this the wrong way as I’m all for everyone playing the way they want to play, but if your guild ONLY does dungeons, you can join up to 4 other guilds that branch out, thus widening your options. The only thing that would cause problems is if one or more of them require 100% rep. If you join, for example, a guild that prefers open world content, you can do some exploring with the new guild after your daily dungeon runs with your primary guild. Perhaps some in that new guild always wanted to try dungeons but didn’t want to PUG, you can bring them along on a dungeon run with your primary guild and show them the ropes (exactly how I started running dungeons….I still don’t PUG though). Others from the new guild hear how fun they were and join in on a later run. Your guilds are now mingling together. Some from your primary guild start running open world content with some of your new guildmates. Oh the possibilities!

Instead of asking to change something that a lot of people asked for and are happy with so that it matches what you and your guild are used to or prefer, go out and meet some more people. Regardless what some on the forums say, there’s no shortage of people and there’s quite a bit to see and do.

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you and your Guild only do Dungeons (5-man content), why can’t you and your Guild do the new Season Two Story instances (5-man content)? Is it that you and your Guild don’t find them rewarding enough? If that is the case, then it would seem to complaint is about the rewards offered in Season Two Story instances, rather than them being ‘solo’ content.

Or, maybe you and your Guild could work on bringing your Dry Top map up to Tier 5. It doesn’t take an inordinate amount of people, but it does take some cooperation. I’m sure anyone else in the map would be more than grateful for your Guild’s assistance! =)

in Living World

Shinzan.2908

Ok, just to end this topic… That most of you misunderstood. Because everything that I wanted is to see story instances reused for group instances (new mobs, same story) with new achievements.

What I wanted to say at the end of this thread is this: My guild is doing only one task together right now: two years old dungeons. This the ONLY content that is keeping my guild together. And it’s the only thing that keeps people socialized. So I don’t think you can build community with content that prefers single player. Sure, some people will stay and play for a while. But they will leave sooner or later if they are not hooked up by friends that they meet in this game. Support whatever content design you want but I assure you that longevity lies in multiplayer aspect of the game.

Personally I do like playing the story instances. But after I’m done, which does not take long, I log out and wait for two weeks for a reason to log in again.

If your guild only plays together when forced to it’s not much of a community anyway in my opinion. If you actually wanted to play together more you could, nothing in the game is preventing you from being social.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I was thinking something along these lines as well. I was just thinking of them turning them into something like a dungeon encounter.

LS episodes still stay soloable, but one part of each episode would turn into a mini-dungeon if entered in with a group of 4 or 5. Many more groups of scaled enemies, more objectives you have to get through, possible added bosses, and not to mention more mechanics for the bosses themselves. The reward for running it with a group with the added difficultly would be a unique skin, like the others they usually gave away for finishing the meta, specific for the LS episode.

• The LS would still be soloable.
  • It would encourage group play.
  • It would give guilds something to do, especially if you add actual hard achievements and possibly titles to go with them.
  • It would also encourage people to buy that episode of the LS if they haven’t unlocked already.

(edited by Erukk.1408)

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

I’d love to see some actual numbers on the popularity of dungeons.

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

I was thinking something along these lines as well. I was just thinking of them turning them into something like a dungeon encounter.

LS episodes still stay soloable, but one part of each episode would turn into a mini-dungeon if entered in with a group of 4 or 5. Many more groups of scaled enemies, more objectives you have to get through, possible added bosses, and not to mention more mechanics for the bosses themselves. The reward for running it with a group with the added difficultly would be a unique skin, like the others they usually gave away for finishing the meta, specific for the LS episode.

• The LS would still be soloable.
  • It would encourage group play.
  • It would give guilds something to do, especially if you add actual hard achievements and possibly titles to go with them.
  • It would also encounter people to buy that episode of the LS if they haven’t unlocked already.

Exactly what I was thinking about. I don’t see how adding something like that could make someone unhappy? AN spends a lot of its resources on LS story instances. So why not to reuse them by adding additional mode to play them?

@Others

Guild Missions are sometimes fun to do and its a valid example of what I could do with my guild. And we actually run them once a week.
But guys… Saying that there are other things that I can do with my guild is not an argument! We don’t do those things together and that’s it. And I don’t feel like explaining you why we don’t. Few of you already mentioned that you don’t want to run story instances with someone else because you’re afraid that other people will spoil the fun. And that’s one of the reasons. So don’t expect that this kind of content will make people play together more. Know each other. Or that it’s going to make this game more engaging or satisfying.
And as I said… That’s not good for a game that tries to build a community.

PS. The most fun/memorable moments of my time with gw1 was when I and my guild won a gvg match with one of top 5 guilds (our guild was something like top 100). Or when we first managed to defeat Urgoz.
Final battle in prophecies campaign? I can’t remember what it was…

in Living World

Shinzan.2908

Most of the “singleplayer content” can already be done with a group.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

You wrote a really long post and the thing that you wanted to ask is plain simple: “do I want raids?”. And the answer is: I don’t know because I never participated in raids.

My suggestion can be found in the opening post. Feel free to read it…

Not that long, the quotes actually make it look bigger than it really is. But ok onto to your suggestions that you assumed I didn’t read.

Original post in it’s entirety. Most of it is not actually a suggestion so let’s specifically looked at the suggestion…

Anyway you’re suggestion is to add group instances… so basically dungeons or raids.
Using the already existing in game vocabulary an dungeon would be a 5 man cooperative instanced area with a set start and end (usually with a set number of ‘bosses’ in it). For the most part an instanced-raid would be a dungeon but one balanced around a larger number of people (WoW if I remember correctly have 10 man and 25 man raids). GW2 has also introduced open world-raids. Although calling them raids might be a bit incorrect as open-world-large-scale encounter would be more apt (as it mostly only contains a single boss). These open-world raids would be things like Tequatl or Wurm where a moderate to high amount of cooperation and organisation is required.

From my understanding what you’re saying in your title is: ‘I want more multiplayer content’, what you suggest in your posts is: ‘instanced group content’. But instanced group content is a bit vague since PvP also falls under that category. My question regarding raids was more an attempt to elicit a slightly more detailed suggestion from you.

I only suggested hard mode for story instances for group cooperation. How do you know if I want raids? In one of my posts I specifically wrote that I never raided in my life!

Your original post was somewhat lacking in detail…

What? Why? Most of people that disagree say that I want raids (I really don’t have a clue why) or didn’t understand me (because they say I want the story instances to be group only – and that’s not true because I only wanted harder versions of them that require a group).

Convey ideas to other people while remembering that other people lack the same frame of reference that you have. You say you want more multiplayer content without providing details, explanation or example and people will obviously put it into a frame of reference that they understanding.

Don’t take this the wrong way as I’m all for everyone playing the way they want to play, but if your guild ONLY does dungeons, you can join up to 4 other guilds that branch out, thus widening your options. The only thing that would cause problems is if one or more of them require 100% rep. If you join, for example, a guild that prefers open world content, you can do some exploring with the new guild after your daily dungeon runs with your primary guild. Perhaps some in that new guild always wanted to try dungeons but didn’t want to PUG, you can bring them along on a dungeon run with your primary guild and show them the ropes (exactly how I started running dungeons….I still don’t PUG though). Others from the new guild hear how fun they were and join in on a later run. Your guilds are now mingling together. Some from your primary guild start running open world content with some of your new guildmates. Oh the possibilities!

Instead of asking to change something that a lot of people asked for and are happy with so that it matches what you and your guild are used to or prefer, go out and meet some more people. Regardless what some on the forums say, there’s no shortage of people and there’s quite a bit to see and do.

Ok so you want dungeons then.
I fully agree that more dungeons would be desirable. However changing the story instances to make them more multiplayer friendly might not be the way to go. I think ANet should just implement a proper dungeon instead of attempting to provide us with dungeon-lite.

in Living World

HiddenNick.7206

I fully agree that more dungeons would be desirable. However changing the story instances to make them more multiplayer friendly might not be the way to go. I think ANet should just implement a proper dungeon instead of attempting to provide us with dungeon-lite.

What I meant to suggest is adding hard more for some of the story instances. This hard more could use the same story/assets as the current version and coexist with it. The only difference would be that it requires group of 5 to complete because of different and a lot harder mobs.

I’m suggesting that because it seems that those story instances had taken a lot of effort to make. And they aren’t replayable and do not give any meaningful rewards or encourage group play. And as such does not add anything to the game other then few additional hours of story.

in Living World

Posted by: Erukk.1408

Erukk.1408

I’m suggesting that because it seems that those story instances had taken a lot of effort to make. And they aren’t replayable and do not give any meaningful rewards or encourage group play. And as such does not add anything to the game other then few additional hours of story.

Hmm….

Those story instances are repayable. You just have to reactivate that episode of the LS again, and they show up for replay as purple stars on the map.

in Living World

Posted by: hermescragsniper.2713

hermescragsniper.2713

What I meant to suggest is adding hard more for some of the story instances. This hard more could use the same story/assets as the current version and coexist with it. The only difference would be that it requires group of 5 to complete because of different and a lot harder mobs.

Sounds like you want them to implement a Hard mode just like they did in GW1. Like half way between Dungeon content difficulty and Living World Instances. So it would kinda be like Dungeon-lite as CureForLiving mentioned

Blackgate

in Living World

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

The whole Dry top isa perfect Place to co-oprerate…

The LS-story Instanses (personal story) Is doable for Groups of 5. The achivements are also often much easier to do together (even thougfh they are POSSIBLE to solo)…

I dont see any problem.

Kima & Co