Unidentified Fossilized Insect

in Living World

Posted by: Garrote.2694

Garrote.2694

Are Unidentified Fossilized Insect’s still dropping? 200+ chests opened on my girlfriends account, and one still hasn’t dropped. Just want to confirm that we aren’t wasting our time. If they are is this the norm, or is it an edge case?

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

It probably does. But you can always just complete the Reward Track in SPvP.

in Living World

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

:/ I just had 2 drop from me in succession when I didn’t even want it by opening less than 10 chests. If I could give it to you I would

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Do you also get the specific weapon recipes (e.g. Blattodea) from completing the PvP Reward Track? Or are those only available from the Dry Top traders?

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I just got one a few hours ago. Have ANET make them tradeable and you can have it for free.

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Do you also get the specific weapon recipes (e.g. Blattodea) from completing the PvP Reward Track? Or are those only available from the Dry Top traders?

Pretty sure those are only from the merchant. That would be crazy to get from the Reward Track, you don’t even get them from Buried Chests.

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

My first insect came really quickly, but the second seemed to take forever and I was thinking of giving up. Then I finally got it, and now that I have my two amber weapons I have since gotten three insects that I don’t really need. It just shows how bad RNG is. I am really tired of Dry Top and grinding out another 400+ geodes for another recipe is just not worth it, right now anyways.

in Living World

Posted by: hulabear.9137

hulabear.9137

Same. At 200+ and I’ve yet to drop one. :/

My GF got 4 out of her first 5 chests and she can’t even give me one.

I’ve given up on farming them and just see if a key will show up from those sand piles..

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Pretty sure those are only from the merchant. That would be crazy to get from the Reward Track, you don’t even get them from Buried Chests.

Yeah, I suspected as much. Besides, the Reward Track itself gives Geodes, so I imagine ANet’s intention is that we just use that to buy the specific recipe we’re after.

in Living World

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

I got one yesterday. Sorry. ):

| Lithia |

in Living World

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I got one in under 10, and have no use for it because I find all of the weapon skins grotesque. I’d sell it if I could!

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

I got one in under 10, and have no use for it because I find all of the weapon skins grotesque. I’d sell it if I could!

You and me both. :/ I have no desire to get any of the Ambrite weapons. I’d gladly sell the Fossils to someone else. (I know we can trade it for Sandy Loot Bags, but getting 3 greens seems like a rip-off compared to how rare these Fossils are.)

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I also wish they could be sold, but unlike you I love the Ambrite weapons and have only had 1 insect drop in 100 chests so far, I would happily pay 5, even 10 gold to get a fossil and save me the effort of farming and complete the whole collection!

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not sure but I think they’re more likely to drop at higher tier favour. I’ve gotten 2 from opening less than 50 chests, plus quite a few other good drops, but I only open chests at T4 and above.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I’m not sure but I think they’re more likely to drop at higher tier favour. I’ve gotten 2 from opening less than 50 chests, plus quite a few other good drops, but I only open chests at T4 and above.

Hmm, sounds interesting, but the very first chest I opened in entanglement(?) whenever they were first introduced dropped an insect and that was either a t2 or 3 instance. Since then I have been in many t5/6 instances and got nothing so you are probably just lucky.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in Living World

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

I had gotten one pretty quick, also, but I didn’t know it was good for anything, so I vendored it. It looked just like typical trash.

in Living World

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

You must be mistaken. They don’t look like typical trash at all, being exotic with a rather long name. They stand out, a lot. Also, you can’t vendor them.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I got one just last night myself. So they certainly do still drop.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

Then I must have just trashed it, then. In any case, I didn’t see any use for it.

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Well, hang onto them for now. “Trading 2.0” is coming tomorrow, and for all we know ANet might loosen the restrictions on some account bound items.

in Living World

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Try revisiting the fossilised insect collector again – I think I did see something somewhere about being able to trade the unidentified insects for something else.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

A past update allowed you to trade a Fossil for 3 Bags of Sandy Loot, but that usually just translates to “3 greens”, which just seems insulting considering how rare these Fossils are.

in Living World

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m glad I kept all my Fossils, rather than trade them for bags. Now I’ll be going for the full collection set, just because it’s there. Thanks OCD!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, I have plenty of fossils to make all the weapons, but since T5 is now seemingly impossible, and T6 even moreso, I’ll need to collect thousands of geodes, at a rate of about 60 per hour of play, in order to get the remaining recipes. Not cool ANet.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

And you only have your remaining lifetime to do it. Gasp.

in Living World

Posted by: Tycho.8015

Tycho.8015

The Unidentified Insects are totally ridiculous. I’ve opened tons of chests too and I only want ONE of the skins. I grinded for the recipe and inscriptions, etc…at least that had a finish line that was IN SIGHT. I got the geodes, bought the stuff…and now it’s just lockpick after lockpick, chest after chest…with no insect.

Come on, all I want is ONE and I have no idea how people are completing the entire collection. There is NO need for this kind of RNG for skins that don’t even affect the economy since I believe they’re all account-bound.

Tycho Malinkhi
Order of the Icosahedron [TWNT]

in Living World

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Go spvp. Do full ’daily track reward cap (25% a day) and you get 100% track. Choose maguuma wastes (NOT JUNGLE!). Settled. IDENTIFIED FOSSILIZED INSECT. There you go, problem solved.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Living World

Posted by: Mityr.1320

Mityr.1320

Got 8 in around 150 chests

in Living World

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Go spvp. Do full ’daily track reward cap (25% a day) and you get 100% track. Choose maguuma wastes (NOT JUNGLE!). Settled. IDENTIFIED FOSSILIZED INSECT. There you go, problem solved.

That ‘daily reward track cap’ only applies to Hotjoin games. If you play Solo Queue or Team Queue instead, you could potentially grind out the whole Insect in one day. The individual games will reward more points too, even if they take a bit longer to start. You’ll also earn twice as much coin from your wins and losses!

in Living World

Posted by: altiera.6304

altiera.6304

The drops are completely random. Witch I think is incredible unfair. Since ANet decided to make a achievement track for collecting all the weapons. Basically you have to be LUCKY to get the collection achieve. You shouldn’t be having to trust rng for achievements.

I myself have opened hundreds of chests, so far I have 5 drops of the fossils. But like u guys I know people that opened 2 as many as me and to this day didn’t get a drop.

This is just broken

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

The drops are completely random. Witch I think is incredible unfair. Since ANet decided to make a achievement track for collecting all the weapons. Basically you have to be LUCKY to get the collection achieve. You shouldn’t be having to trust rng for achievements.

I myself have opened hundreds of chests, so far I have 5 drops of the fossils. But like u guys I know people that opened 2 as many as me and to this day didn’t get a drop.

This is just broken

This to me would seem like the ideal place for ANet to put a Dry Top Achievement. Open 100 lock boxes and get a chest with your choice of a fossilised insect or 50 geodes. It means that those 2% of people trying for the fossilised insect who don’t get it after 100 boxes opened because the laws of probability decided to be a jerk to them are at least guaranteed 1.