Unidentified fossil rage! Voice your misery!

in Living World

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Five fossils from about 65 keys. Two were back to back.

Most people I’ve polled indicate a drop rate of about one per 10-15 chests.

Yet some still seem to persistently be out of favor with the RNG gods – I opened 6.5k dragon coffers during Dragon Bash before I got a single Jade weapon ticket. Then I got 3 in an additional 500 chests… Most people found one within a thousand or so, as I recall.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Living World

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

Well if you people are complaining about the fossils wait until you have to collect the foxfire cluster, they are even worse in drop rate

in Living World

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Well if you people are complaining about the fossils wait until you have to collect the foxfire cluster, they are even worse in drop rate

Chopping trees that frequently “grow” in clumps is far easier than having to do events to get tokens for keys for rng. You can also buy foxfire with gold.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

i opened between 150 and 200 chests and no Unidentified fossil.

Nothing.

i gave up.

I’ve opened maybe 20? And got 2 already… Maybe it’s because you care to much?

After saying I didn’t want one in this thread I got one. Do you know what else I don’t want, I don’t want to get a precursor. (If I get one now I’m gonna laugh my head
Off)

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

I have gotten two since making my weapon I wanted. I wish I could give them to ya’ll. Truly I do.

in Living World

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

no problems here, found one almsot as soon as they were released.

in Living World

Posted by: Anka.5086

Anka.5086

In my previous posts I said I’m going to postpone my hunt for ‘Unidentified fossil of RAGE’’ but right now I have 1.5k Geodes in my bank and I don’t know what else to do with them other than try to craft Ambrite weapons. I did another 25 and nothing. In total; 120 chest and still nothing.

ANET! In your next patch U better include an option for us to purchase something like 1x Fossil in exchange for 400x Geodes from NPC merchant.

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I’m up to 12 now.

Only weapon I like is the torch.

in Living World

Posted by: Siobhan.6027

Siobhan.6027

In my previous posts I said I’m going to postpone my hunt for ‘Unidentified fossil of RAGE’’ but right now I have 1.5k Geodes in my bank and I don’t know what else to do with them other than try to craft Ambrite weapons. I did another 25 and nothing. In total; 120 chest and still nothing.

ANET! In your next patch U better include an option for us to purchase something like 1x Fossil in exchange for 400x Geodes from NPC merchant.

Nice job reading the patch notes.

Gentt now trades Sandy Bags of Gear for Unidentified Fossilized Insects.

Bags of gear are obtained by turning in your Geodes at the Tier rewards vendor.(You know the guy with the tier number floating above his head. Buy 3 bags, go the fossil vendor. Get an unidentified fossil.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-29-2014/first#post4247851

in Living World

Anka.5086

Nice job reading the patch notes.

Gentt now trades Sandy Bags of Gear for Unidentified Fossilized Insects.

Bags of gear are obtained by turning in your Geodes at the Tier rewards vendor.(You know the guy with the tier number floating above his head. Buy 3 bags, go the fossil vendor. Get an unidentified fossil.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-July-29-2014/first#post4247851

I actually have read the patch notes but it seems like you have totally misunderstood what it means. Allow me to break it down for you;

Gentt: Hello, handsome Béówulf. I have a new option that allows me to sell 3x Sandy Bags of Gear. But it costs 1x unidentified fossil.
Béówulf: Mr. Gentt, I don’t have any fossil.
Gentt: Get lost, you peasant. This ain’t a charity shop.

Read the patch note carefully. It says Sandy Bags of Gear for Unidentified Fossilized Insects.
Example 1#; You can buy Chicken Kebab for £5.65.
Example 2#; You can buy Sandy Bags of Gear for Unidentified Fossilized Insects.

Do you see it now?

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not to mention that it’s a mockery of an exchange rate. Given the rarity of the Fossils, do you REALLY think that they’re worth only 3 greens? When you know that, based on player comments, players will likely pay anywhere from 50 silver to 1 gold+ for each?

in Living World

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Not to mention that it’s a mockery of an exchange rate. Given the rarity of the Fossils, do you REALLY think that they’re worth only 3 greens? When you know that, based on player comments, players will likely pay anywhere from 50 silver to 1 gold+ for each?

Think about that twice.

1. We had nothing in exchange for them so far (if you did not want them). So is exchange for something really is that worse than destroy?

2. Do you really want to reward the ‘lucky’ guys even more?

I personally found 4 so far (out of like 100-150 boxes). Made 3 into weapons, exchanged 1 for bags. I’m glad I got something for it.

in Living World

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

I dont think they’ll let ppl sell them especially now that they’ve gave ppl a way to exchange them for bags instead.
Ppl who exchanged them already might feel cheated out if they all of a sudden are allowed to be sold on the TP.
sadly…

in Living World

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

As someone who has terrible luck in all other areas of this game. I do have to admit I’ve gotten two of these fossils in roughly 12-15 chests opened. I was really just trying to get some dragonite…

If only my luck would kick in for something actually useful like precursors or valuable exotics…..oh well guess its random fossils and recipes for me.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Think about that twice.

1. We had nothing in exchange for them so far (if you did not want them). So is exchange for something really is that worse than destroy?

1. Yes, it’s better than it was before. I’m grateful for that, but my feedback is that it could be better. (The missing side of the equation is that people who DO want the Ambrite weapons, but have terrible luck, still have no recourse other than grinding the Dry Top chests ad infinitum.)

2. Why not? I don’t begrudge the people who toss 4 random Rares into the Mystic Forge and get back Dusk. Or the person who attends Tequatl for the very first time, bumbles through the entire encounter, spends most of it dead, and gets Tequatl’s Horde at the end. RNG is RNG, but trading is the great equalizer of RNG.

Anyway, I get that nothing’s going to change, because ANet obviously wants the Ambrite weapons to be the hook for keeping players playing in Dry Top. The account bound fossils have been deemed to be the lesser evil, although that won’t stop me (and others) making our case to ANet that it’s something we dislike and they should consider alternate means of extending zone longevity.

in Living World

Bubi.7942

Think about that twice.

1. Yes, it’s better than it was before. I’m grateful for that, but my feedback is that it could be better. (The missing side of the equation is that people who DO want the Ambrite weapons, but have terrible luck, still have no recourse other than grinding the Dry Top chests ad infinitum.)

2. Why not? I don’t begrudge the people who toss 4 random Rares into the Mystic Forge and get back Dusk. Or the person who attends Tequatl for the very first time, bumbles through the entire encounter, spends most of it dead, and gets Tequatl’s Horde at the end. RNG is RNG, but trading is the great equalizer of RNG.

Anyway, I get that nothing’s going to change, because ANet obviously wants the Ambrite weapons to be the hook for keeping players playing in Dry Top. The account bound fossils have been deemed to be the lesser evil, although that won’t stop me (and others) making our case to ANet that it’s something we dislike and they should consider alternate means of extending zone longevity.

I agree that exchanging Geodudes (like 400-500 depending on tier reached) would be a nice feature.

What is the other ‘evil’?

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Map abandonment/player boredom. Basically, the Ambrite weapons are intended to be a long-term hook/grind (pick whichever you prefer) to keep players interested in Dry Top. ANet likely didn’t want Dry Top turning into another Southsun Cove, which is largely abandoned aside from the times when Karka Queen spawns.

in Living World

Bubi.7942

Map abandonment/player boredom. Basically, the Ambrite weapons are intended to be a long-term hook/grind (pick whichever you prefer) to keep players interested in Dry Top. ANet likely didn’t want Dry Top turning into another Southsun Cove, which is largely abandoned aside from the times when Karka Queen spawns.

Oh I see. Yeah I guess you are right.

In all honesty, I’m hoping for a t6 version of the map with some megaboss spawning dueing the sandstorm. Would make the map lasting .

in Living World

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I keep telling myself that going into events like these working for a single drop is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Then I start hoping for a drop so I can make something I like and I rage for days not getting it.

Then I sulk and say to myself “fine I don’t want it anyway, I’ll just use up my last keys and leave!”

Then I get what I was after. And I still complain because I don’t have enough geodes after having bought the clay pot.

In short, I think I need to grow up.

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I got a fossil very early and crafted an amber weapon, but I want a match for it as it was a torch, but I have opened a ton of chests since then and nothing but scarves and recipes. Why is this drop rate so low? It’s not like they are ascended weapons or anything, and they are account bound so there is no profit to be made.

They must realize how much most players hate RNG so why continue to torture us like this? I am pretty sick of spending hours every day grinding out geodes from the same events over and over again. I am afraid if I stop now, player interest will evaporate while I take a break and when I come back it will take twice as long or worse.

Please double or triple the drop rate or give us some other way of getting them.

in Living World

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

over 200 chests and 0 drops, while my friends have gotten one in their first 10 chests….
Please make these trade-able on the TP.
The players who are getting them DO NOT WANT THEM.
the ones who want them have grinded insane number of hours with little to no luck…

in Living World

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

I agree that exchanging Geodudes (like 400-500 depending on tier reached) would be a nice feature.

If I evolve them into Golem first, could it only cost 100?

in Living World

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

You people complain too much.

I’ve opened at least 150+ chests so far, and gotten zero. Am I complaining? No. For two reasons:

1. What’s the rush? The chests have good loot, so I’m going to be farming them anyways. Just because I don’t have a weapon now, doesn’t mean I wont get one later. It’s not a big bother, nor’ do I lose any money trying. (Quite the contrary, chests are quite profitable…)

2. RNG adds a much needed flavour to RPGs like Guild Wars 2, and were long missing since the days of Guild Wars 1. Yes, you reading it right: GW2 needs more RNG. It needs the satisfaction of opening a chest and getting that rare item drop, or at least the excitement of trying for one.

Settle down, Beavis.

I guess you like the way precursors work, too.

in Living World

ZilentNight.5089

Please make an alternate way of acquiring fossils, this is no longer fun, over 250 chests and 0 drops.

in Living World

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

Not interested in fossils, just running events when t4 for geodes and opening chests when seeing them on my way hopping for a kite, and I`ve got 6 so far. I should start thinking more about those weps. Maybe that way gonna get a kite.
Somehow this game always gives you what you don`t want/need.

(edited by dorin.4618)

in Living World

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

Just got my second fossil drop, 50ish chests opened. I have a 100 or so lock picks now, so trying to use them, don’t pay to much attention to the events, when the sand storm hits. But I am not hunting the fossils, but the chests and the materials I get from salvaging. Not overly excited about the amber skins, but happy that I have gotten a drop.

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

Please make an alternate way of acquiring fossils, this is no longer fun, over 250 chests and 0 drops.

Has it been discussed whether or not Tiers affect the loot table?

in Living World

Posted by: wreninthetree.7359

wreninthetree.7359

I feel the loot system is GW2’s biggest problem. I like the RNG part, but it needs to be tightened up in some way. We know from WoW, that the more accessible you make your game to all, the broader the audience you can attract. I believe the RNG loot is a deterrent toward significant portion of possible customers. I’m not saying there should be set look, but I think there is plenty of room for creativity. For example, suppose we had a way to guild-bind all loot in the game. If got 10 to 15 fossils, I could put them in the guild bank or whatever. I think it would also increase guild connectivity.

in Living World

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

I’ve opened at least 50 and didn’t get anything good out of any of them. No fossil, no scarf, nothing. Unless recipes that sell for 15c counts as something. Unusually bad luck, I guess I’m lucky to not be that interested in the weapons. I can live without them, but I did want to craft at least one. Cause they are there.

Mostly I want to complain about the patch notes that I also read as meaning there was another way to get the fossils, not a way to get rid of excess fossils.

in Living World

Anka.5086

I decided to complete ‘Part 1’ story content today before new episode release. At the end I had 17 chest key. I decided to use them since they essentially came for free. I finally got my first ‘Fossil of RAGE’ after my 6th try today. But if we add the other chests I opened that amounts to 126 chest for my first fossil.

You have to admit there is seriously something wrong with your RNG loot system. Why are you being stubborn like one of those substance addict sore losers? The message here is: negative feed back from dozens of players clearly points out there is something wrong with your loot drop system and you have to do something about it. If you don’t know how to solve this issue there has been many suggestion on this forum by intelligent players on how to tackle the said issue. We are not suggesting for you to completely abandon your daily RNG drug obsession but to put something alongside RNG for non-unique loots.

And, not to mention we still need exchange option to buy fossils from Dry Top merchants. Out of 126 only 1x fossil is just plain stupid and ridiculous. So what now? I have to spend another month to get my 2nd fossil. Go to hell! Most veteran players can make a legendary weapon in less than 2 weeks wtf is so special about these ambrite weapon skins that you decided to make it even more difficult to obtain than legendary weapons? I think I have the answer. Its because they don’t require us players to buy gems from your crooked black lion trading company.

(edited by Anka.5086)

in Living World

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

You have to admit there is seriously something wrong with your RNG loot system. Why are you being stubborn like one of those substance addict sore losers?

Attachments:

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

RNG is fickle indeed. After getting 5 Fossils within 50 chests in the early days (not that I’m looking for them), I’ve seen opened close to 50 more and no more Fossils in sight.

in Living World

Posted by: Muusic.2967

Muusic.2967

Im up to 340 chests opened and have now found 4 unids, My wife looted her last one today and now has all of the fossilized insect weapons (16) total and has opened less than 200 chests.

Be who you are and say what you feel for those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind
~Dr. Seuss

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I don’t like the skins so I’m praying I don’t get one. They’ll rob me of a drop that I could use/sell.

You can sell them now.

To a vendor for trash items? Thanks a bunch….

Got 3 and have no current plans to use them.

Would LOVE to sell them to some deprived luckless individual in this thread….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Living World

Bubi.7942

To a vendor for trash items? Thanks a bunch….

Got 3 and have no current plans to use them.

Would LOVE to sell them to some deprived luckless individual in this thread….

Hey, you can still destroy them!

in Living World

ZilentNight.5089

So i decided to grind Dry top all day commanding it to T4/5 for straight 7 hrs and finally got 1 fossil after 430+ chests since the introduction of these drops….

While I am aware some players have magically acquired all 16 fossils….this drop rate is utterly ridiculous. Also adding more items to the loot table ex. kites simply decreases the chance of fossils.

Please Anet, with this patch add a non-RNG way to acquire fossils or make them trade-able on TP. I will gladly farm 1,000 geodes per fossil or pay a 100g to some random guy via TP for his amazing skill based(sarcasm intended) RNG.

in Living World

Posted by: uru.7983

uru.7983

76 chests and nothing. im not going back to that map

in Living World

Posted by: Jenstone.6891

Jenstone.6891

For some, yes, the drop rate seems ridiculously low. I have opened approximately 80 chests, got 4 of the fossils. There is a chest in the bubbling water near the farm in the north west of dry top. Two of the 4 fossil drops occurred there. I am doing the chest runs, getting between 5 to 8 chests per dust storm. Only have about 50 picks left, so once they are gone, won’t be doing it any more, just trying to use the picks to my advantage instead of wasting them.

in Living World

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

You people complain too much.

I’ve opened at least 150+ chests so far, and gotten zero. Am I complaining? No. For two reasons:

1. What’s the rush? The chests have good loot, so I’m going to be farming them anyways. Just because I don’t have a weapon now, doesn’t mean I wont get one later. It’s not a big bother, nor’ do I lose any money trying. (Quite the contrary, chests are quite profitable…)

2. RNG adds a much needed flavour to RPGs like Guild Wars 2, and were long missing since the days of Guild Wars 1. Yes, you reading it right: GW2 needs more RNG. It needs the satisfaction of opening a chest and getting that rare item drop, or at least the excitement of trying for one.

Settle down, Beavis.

It’s just so frustrating to get something valuable but not being able to make any use of it (cause of all this accountbound-kitten getting slapped on everything).

Got 2 fossils now that i dont need. What should i do with it? Let them clog up my bank account? Trading it in for 3 bags of trash is a kittening scam.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Anka.5086

All that complaint and we still didn’t get exchange option to buy Fossils for Geodes. It fathoms me as to why they wouldn’t. If on average it takes certain amount of chest to get 1 fossil, from what most people are saying on avg 25 chest, why not include an option to buy 1 fossil for 25 key chest worth of Geodes. Overall, in terms of time it will be the same amount.

in Living World

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

You can get a fossil using the new living story pvp track!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Living World

Posted by: El Bateria.1470

El Bateria.1470

3 out of 5 chest
i think today was a lucky day

in Living World

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

I gotten two so far (out of around 20 keys or more) but the funny thing is that I am not that obsessed at getting an Ambrite weapon at all.
I guess having no desire for an item will lead you to getting an item but if that was the case I would of gotten a precusor by now.

in Living World

Posted by: Alocer.4819

Alocer.4819

I set out to get one just so I could pick a choose a skin I liked, didn’t get one for ages, then on my last few keys I got one. (2weeks back) After that I had no interest to get anthor and having a lot of keys from story achievements I went to go use them. The RNG gods must of know I didn’t really care for them and bang….. I got 3 in a row!!! I couldn’t believe my luck. All I can say for the ones who going for it, don’t give up, you never know what the last 3 keys might get you.

Happy Hunting!

(I took some screenshots, as I know most wont believe it :P)

in Living World

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I’m not particularly going for any of those skins but i had one drop for me in less than 30 chests opened.
But yeah, I agree that I dislike all this RNG, I dont know if they added them to the geodes merchants as an alternative?
Even though the back piece is not that cool or i dont particularly want it, im just doing it bcz the scavenger hunt is interesting. (wish they were introduced in a similar fashion, but easier than the [final version of the] back item)

in Living World

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I’ve gotten two of them TODAY. In about 30 chests.

Now, I’m sure that was lucky, but these drop rates really don’t seem to be worthy of complaint.

in Living World

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’ve gotten two of them TODAY. In about 30 chests.

Now, I’m sure that was lucky, but these drop rates really don’t seem to be worthy of complaint.

Yes, indeed, the drop rates that lucky people get do not seem to be worthy of complains. That is why we call them lucky.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November