Vine Backpack with Purple Glow (Meta Rewards)

in Living World

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

…is what a sylvari mesmer would be happy to see as a meta achievement reward for the next episode of LS.

Seriously, I miss meta achievements and their rewards. Now that we have episodes permanent, absence of the meta reward makes me think “Nah, I can just do it later if I need APs one day…” and postpone replaying of the story for achievements till never.

Attachments:

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I miss the rewards for completing the achievements myself. This RNG BS is annoying.

in Living World

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

It has always puzzled me that we dress ourselves in the costumes of our hated enemies. Karka tentacle backpacks, scarlet backpacks, aetherblade outfits and slick packs…its like the allies winning world war 2 and then dressing as the Reich.

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

It has always puzzled me that we dress ourselves in the costumes of our hated enemies. Karka tentacle backpacks, scarlet backpacks, aetherblade outfits and slick packs…its like the allies winning world war 2 and then dressing as the Reich.

o.O I…never thought of that……

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Living World

Lishtenbird.2814

Let’s say you’re a real-world hunter who managed to kill a bear with his hands and a knife. Now you’re looking for something to put on your manly necklace. That little pink glass thingy with a smiling cat on it is the best choice, right?

I never had problems with that. Since long ago drinking wine from the skull of your foe and putting tiger claws in a necklace were a means of telling about your feats to both friends and foes. Since GW2 pictures a savage world to a large extent, it makes perfect sense for our heroes to carry trophies they picked from the dead bodies of their foes to demonstrate their own power.

I miss the rewards for completing the achievements myself. This RNG BS is annoying.

I want that too. With the previous meta system, you were relying on the zerg often; currently, you can actually get rewarded for your own efforts. Just make it available at, say, 70% of achievements – and that’s it.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I would prefer the Meta Achievement reward, as well. I, too, am thinking since the Achievements are permanent, I will get around to doing them……….some day. =(

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I hadn’t really noticed it, but yah. Lack of meta-achieve this time around is a bit saddening. Hopefully they aren’t going to be permanently gone in leiu of the achieve-awards and such, because that’d be a bit disappointing. Unless the achieve awards get a lot more interesting anyway, the current awards just being crafting materials and currency isn’t very exciting. I mean, its nice to get a little something extra, but its hardly a substitute for unique meta-achieve rewards and such.

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I might be wrong, but I thought the “meta-achievement” equivalent this time around would be the new head skin (adventurers scarf etc).

By ummm, trying to make the achievements harder and having less of them for less points they took the reward out of there and put it in a chest.

That was my take on the situation. Thumbs up for a living vine skin!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

What chest? Is there a special chest for finishing all the Achievements? Maybe I don’t understand how it works now. I thought the scarf and goggles, etc. were a drop.

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I might be wrong, but I thought the “meta-achievement” equivalent this time around would be the new head skin (adventurers scarf etc).

By ummm, trying to make the achievements harder and having less of them for less points they took the reward out of there and put it in a chest.

That doesn’t really have anything to do with the Living Story, though. Its part of Dry Top and I assume will be permanent just as Dry Top itself is.

And even if it is meant to be the meta-achieve equivalent, putting it as chest-based RNG instead of guaranteed LS-based award is quite a change and doesn’t really make it seem the same at all.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

ANet said they have killed meta achievements and they are not coming back for LS2. We’ll probably still have them for holiday events and the like. I like how the achievements are perminant. And let’s be honest how many of the LS skins do you still use? The only one I’m using is the spine blade. Because it’s acended. Before that it was Mad Memorises Complet Edition. For the most part I personally have not liked them.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

That doesn’t really have anything to do with the Living Story, though. Its part of Dry Top and I assume will be permanent just as Dry Top itself is.

And even if it is meant to be the meta-achieve equivalent, putting it as chest-based RNG instead of guaranteed LS-based award is quite a change and doesn’t really make it seem the same at all.

There are no time-limited parts of the living story anymore, everything is permanent (unless you count temporary gem store sales). Dry Top is the Living story if you so will.

But yes, the fact that there is no time limit anymore to “earn” the reward most likely factored into it as well.

Anyways, not trying to argue, as I said this is only my take on it. It’s the only “skin” – and the only new “reward” that is not exchanged for a new currency (like the recipes for example).

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Living World

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

There isn’t a meta-achievement anymore, at least not for this episode. I’m not sure if Anet is going to remove them for future episodes either.

I don’t like the new “meta rewards” as an RNG drop from chests. I’m not sure if they drop off champions in Dry Top, but if they don’t, it would be a lot better to have them drop the items instead. If not, i would rather have the old meta-achievement system. I do like how it needs to be crafted though. That’s a nice touch.

in Living World

Lishtenbird.2814

Here’s what I think the problem with meta achievements was:

• Daily Living Story counted towards the meta, so you could skip as much inconvenient achievements as you liked.
  • LS achievements were mostly silly, grindy (“kill X new mobs”) and easy, people didn’t feel those were “achievements” and could burn through them in 1 day.
  • LS achievements sometimes relied on random zerg too much, so you could never get several simply because you weren’t lucky enough to be in the right map – which caused frustration and discontent as these weren’t personal achievements.
  • People ignored the meta skins and still wanted to get more rewards from playing content (as direct drops) instead of themed gear in Gemstore.

There aren’t however many problems with meta achievements here, apart from maybe people who were doing counter-productive things in the limited time they had to get the time-gated reward, and by this making other people’s lives harder. But since the story achievements are now fully personal, this problem no longer exists, and the meta reward can return.

The only problem we might have now is people who’re unable to complete these (rather easy IMO) achievements even in a party, but 1) that’s an L2P issue and 2) they now have as much time as they need to get those rewards.

So, here’s how I would’ve distributed the rewards in this LS:

• Give out Adventurer’s Scarf to everyone who completed 6 out of 9 episode achievements (so that people who’re terrible at, say, jumping still have options).
  • Put Adventurer’s Goggles into hidden chests and tradeable (as it is now).
  • Make Adventurer’s Mantle craftable using both components and account bound (as it is now).

This way, we would’ve had:

• A direct reward for direct “work”, which is now absolutely personal.
  • An RNG reward for playing content with randoms, which can be bought instead if you don’t feel like playing with them.
  • An extra reward for those who’ve done both.

I think that’s how it should be and hope to see it in next episodes

in Living World

Posted by: GuzziHero.5104

GuzziHero.5104

Yeah, something akin to killing a messiah then wearing symbols of the method of his death! (sorry, HAD to say this!).

So there are no rewards for completing metas at all? No more cool skins like the Gasmask, or the Fervid Censer? Then what is the motivation to do the achievements?

in Living World

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Well since my Sylvari already has the green with a purple glow and thorns thing going on yes I would like a backpack out of that.

Trophies! You remind everyone you killed them by walking around in their bloody remains.

in Living World

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

yep we wear the enemies gears because we claimed them as spoils of war.

Though I would like special unique weapons skins with special animals that are permanent for the game and are not restricted to being Black Lion Tokens.

I know legendary is consider unique due to their animation effect but their a entire different weapon from unique skins like Kasmeer’s staff, Braham’s mace and shield, and Marjory’s axe and dagger unique animations.

in Living World

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

The allies did exactly that; not with clothes (even though tons of westerners now wear Hugo Boss), but with technology. The germans were much more advanced by the end of the war and the allies took their rocketry and jet engine technologies and put them to use, to name a few…

in Living World

Posted by: spikyblackhair.4951

spikyblackhair.4951

I’m not sure whether the fact is greater commentary upon our lack of true hatred toward enemies in a game or the yearning for greater customization options in fashion wars 2. It’s probably equal parts both.

From an RP perspective it doesn’t make sense to wear the exact uniforms of the enemy, but from a player’s perspective, I do love my aetherblade pants since there are practically no other good skirtless options available.

(edited by spikyblackhair.4951)

in Living World

Lishtenbird.2814

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

I don’t have the problem of delaying the achievements to later. But I definitely want meta achievements back. the current rewards just don’t feel rewarding at all. I was lucky that I needed the points to get to 9k and finally get the helmet(thus at least a little reward) but I would have get there at some point anyway so it’s not like in past with theme-related rewards…

in Living World

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

Pretty, now if only they could make some nice looking light armour.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Nah. It’s more like trophies. Like a necklace made with ears and teeth from your enemies, or wearing a vest made with their scalps. Taking enemy tanks and painting them with your side’s colors…

Remember the charr hide armor from GW1?
That was kind of grim.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Living World

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

please please let us get this reward without completing all of the achievements… this is what i hated about ls season 1.. i hope we just have to complete the main episode and we get it ._.