Weird lag

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Janderson.4670

Janderson.4670

Not sure why its doing this but its doing it to me aswell…..very annoying and want it gone!

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Yeah, the diving goggles are currently unreachable because of the lag. There should at least be another crystal on the top of the puzzle. The few extra seconds will help against the second lost from lag. It still won’t help with the skills not working 1 out of 3 times because of lag.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Please do something about the lag!

Lag and aspects don’t work.

(edited by DaShi.1368)

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: sixshot.5798

sixshot.5798

Been having lag in Dry Top all night. Won’t believe how frustrating it is to get to the goggles when lag prohibits you from activating the wind jump skill for a good 1-3 seconds.

IP of affected server: 64.25.33.88

Please look into this.

http://bit.ly/1hswOLL (GW2 Boss Schedule)

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: vladracul.6798

vladracul.6798

the worst part about this lag is how flawed the zephyrites’ skills work, the lightning aspect kitten me off right at the entrance, I can’t jump to the stone ahead and it should simply work because is a TARGET skill, this is quite ridiculous. I also can’t remember how many times I died trying to jump to the other side of the quicksand lake inside the Inquest cave. The sun aspect also stuck in the middle of the quicksand sometimes.
This new patch is cool but I guess nothing can be really good in this game ahem…

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Been happening for a while… bug report it or it won’t get attention.

Until Anet isolates it and fixes it:

Try quitting to desktop and restarting the client.

After I do this a few times, I luck out and find a mergerserver that doesn’t suffer from this mess.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I was having it earlier tonight too on 64.25.33.87. I had been playing in there earlier, fine, then went back to Brisbane to do the story there, fine, then came back into the zone, and was getting constant lag spikes, making it so that Wind Aspects were happening a second late, that sort of thing. I even did a ping against guildwars2.com, and was getting no dropped packets and nothing over 70. I’ve had way worse ping in the past without such noticeable lag.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Fuin.8361

Fuin.8361

I had lag yesterday, but today is really bad!!
I dropped dead, then I was suddenly back where I fell and other weird stuff

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Xantha.7061

Xantha.7061

I know this is really bad at the moment for me, I’m standing just under the JP and then bam I’m hanging in mid air and floating to my death. Very frustrating.

Weird lag

in Living World

Xantha.7061

It seems to be every time I try to use a crystal it lags to bits

Weird lag

in Living World

Xantha.7061

Plus when I die I can’t be rezzed either as people say it doesn’t allow them to

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Well, Dry Top is unplayble right now, and a holiday weekend…

Weird lag

in Living World

Fuin.8361

I agree, unplayable!
Please fix the lag

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Floreum.3684

Floreum.3684

It would appear that it has something to do with the servers IP starting with 64.
If I recall, lag like this happens when something keeps spawning (based on other games like Garry’s Mod and Minecraft). So maybe a ton of a certain NPC is spawning under ground, and the servers aren’t closing because there’s always someone in these ones.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I doubt it’ll be fixed this weekend, being the July 4th weekend and all that.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

I can’t play in Dry Top, I keep falling to my death while trying to walk around on the cliffs.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I’m experiencing heavy lag peaks as well.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

I just started having the lag as well, although earlier today there was none. Seems to be random rather than a fixed problem to be honest. But it definitely makes the map near to unplayable.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Found the same. Dry Top virtually unplayable. Noticed it last night.

/IP shows IP address: 64.25.33.44:0

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Weird lag

in Living World

Fuin.8361

Can we have some word on this please?

It is really unplayable, where as other maps are no problem.

Weird lag

in Living World

Fuin.8361

Aspects don’t work at all, setbacks….

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Unfortunately.5940

Unfortunately.5940

Someone forgot to feed the hamsters.

Differently/Sixtysix Sixes – Fort Aspenwood

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Thaddeus T.3785

Thaddeus T.3785

64.25.33.68.0 – Bad lag also

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: BooBeeInc.5943

BooBeeInc.5943

Myself and many guildies have been noticing the lag spikes since yesterday. Just logged in to see how it was and it was even worst today. Something needs to be done soon.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I’m experiencing the wierd lag. Also, cactuses that aren’t really there keep appearing.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Yeah, it seems as if only 1 server is causing severe lag issues to everyone. I logged off and went for some coffee, came back to another server and no issues at all. Then I had to relog a while later because my sound was gone and was dumped back in lag-central server.

So it’s definitely on ANet’s side where 1 of their servers is causing lag issues for everyone that is unlucky enough to get dumped into it.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: RubiBayer

RubiBayer

Content Marketing Manager

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of the lag issue and that people are working on it. It’s possible that one of the sandstorms got a few geodes lodged in the servers , but they will find out and fix it as soon as possible. Hang in there with us, and thanks for being patient!

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of the lag issue and that people are working on it. It’s possible that one of the sandstorms got a few geodes lodged in the servers , but they will find out and fix it as soon as possible. Hang in there with us, and thanks for being patient!

Thank you very much for the response! Great to know you are aware of it.

Weird lag

in Living World

Fuin.8361

thank you so much!!!

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Exile The Ember.3085

Exile The Ember.3085

So you’re telling us we’re at a rocky start but our problems will wind down. That blows me away…away….away…drifts in background

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Ummm, on a holiday weekend? Thank you, that’s pretty awesome!

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Rillasi.1852

Rillasi.1852

Thank you very much for letting us know that you’re on the case!

Renegatus [Ren] http://renegatus.net

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If geodes lodged in the servers can affect their functionality, then the servers must have moving parts. It cannot be fan related, because if they stopped and the server overheated it would shut down rather than start having hiccups. This can only mean one thing.

Hamster wheels confirmed.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

I did 2 successful T4 runs today. There is no more lag for me.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I did 2 successful T4 runs today. There is no more lag for me.

Well aren’t you lucky…

Thanks for letting us know RubiBayer

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

WvW has been experiencing crazy lag since Friday and no mention of it from the devs on the post about that. Within a day once the PvE folks say it, dev responds. Coincidence?

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

brisban is no better off, i even died just by entering brisban.
mass health loss and no enemy nearby, something is really wrong here…..>_<

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

Notice the Saturday patch indicated you’d fixed the lag on a number of servers. This is just to let you know not all of them have been fixed. Was on Dry Top earlier and saw no lag, logged on to another character and the lag was so bad I died in the quicksand even though I used the sun aspect to cross – cam out of it right in the middle tried to use it again managed to reach the other side and could not get get out of the quicksand before it killed the character.

So this was on IP address: 64.25.33.38:0
Last time I noticed this was on IP address: 64.25.33.44:0

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It’s a lot better now, but I’m still seeing noticeable delay on 64.25.38.233. Was just doing the Crystal Shard/Race event, and pick up crystals is still very laggy. I made an Inquest NPC drop their crystal, and immediately attempted to pick it up. The NPC had already picked it up and ran beyond melee range before my character even started the animation to pick it up.

The several second skill lag is gone, but combat does feel a bit unresponsive/delayed at times. I’ve also still had multiple instances of getting stuck in place using mobility/teleport skills. Getting stuck using these skills has always been an issue, but the lag problems seem to make it much more likely to happen. I got stuck in place 2-3 times during a single champ event in Dry Top this morning.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Nah I disagree, its gotten worse this evening again, I’ve tried various instances and its silly season on the jump aspects and lightning pulls, which are bad at the best of times.
Even got the issues popping up in story tonight…
The leap of faith dive point can be hard enuff to get to without this happening, now its just silly season there with dead appearing all over the place cos of the delays in the aspects triggering or jumps taking off.. but tbh its about par for the course these days.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, the issue is not completely fixed. It’s better on some servers, but last night I had the most hideous lag on my Ele, even worse than before. I kept on constantly rubberbanding back into the mine despite having run out many, many times. I logged out, went into WvW (which was fine) for an hour, then went back into Dry Top and it was gone.

Weird lag

in Living World

mrstealth.6701

I’m still seeing some NPC/player freezes in the Dry Top I’m on right now. It’s not as bad as it was, but occasional 1-2 second pauses and a constant slight, but noticeable, lack of responsiveness in skills is still there.

The fact that these spikes have happened while I’m running a tracert to the game server, without any noticeable effect to the tracert, tells me that nothing on my end is contributing to the problem.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Yeah, the lag was a huge mess tonight, like at one point we were fighting Tootsie, 5% p, the timer started up, I put in THREE Headshots, and other players reported also using stuns, and yet she still took off. There were also numerous times in which Wind Aspect fired off nearly a second after I hit the button.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Weird lag

in Living World

mrstealth.6701

Seems like it’s actually worse now than it was an hour or two ago. I used Heartseeker to close a short gap between to my target, and leaped the wrong direction to where it was a few seconds earlier. The de-sync issues appear to be returning, with the visible and actual locations of enemies not be the same.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Gurni.1925

Gurni.1925

We planed to make the jp with my guild….no chance:(
Today morning (CET) was the lag unacceptable….no skills no fun…just laying death
Will wait till its fixed

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

It’s happening again. Just died due to sporatic lag in Dry Top.

Map instance IP *.61.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: ESCUDO.8397

ESCUDO.8397

Random Lags again, IP 103 (EU).

Started yesterday again but are worse today.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Same here, was actually better on the first day when it was released than it is today. Guess I’ll sit this one out for now.

Weird lag

in Living World

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’ve seen people posting about this all week, but hadn’t experienced it myself. This morning was my first experience with it. Not all that much going on around me. Certainly not like a zerg at Maw, for example. And not ‘freeze frame’ type lag. Just this weird thing where it would take 3-5 seconds to do any sort of action, while the dynamic world around me continued to be alive.

Weird lag

in Living World

Fuin.8361

Well I had a lot of lag two days and now it’s been gone since, for me.