When will LS3 part 2 come out?- Predictions [Merged]

in Living World

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Between Southsun and the Ring of Fire, I personally prefer the latter.

I’m not completely clear on GW1 lore, but wasn’t that where the 1st bloodstone was located? Was it destroyed during Prophecies?

There’s one in Straits of Devastation, Bloodstone Fen, Arah, in Ring of Fire, and one other location. The first bloodstone that the player would have run into would have been the one in Bloodstone Fen. None of them were destroyed from what I remember.

How do you come by these locations? Bloodstone Fen is the one in the Maguuma Jungle. There’s one in the Bloodstone Caves in the Shiverpeaks. Then there’s the one that is still in the Ring of Fire. But Straits of Devastation and Arah? The original bloodstone was in Arah, yes. But after it was split in 5 pieces it was thrown into the volcano in the Ring of Fire. Then that exploded and they got scattered across the world, with only the locations of 3 known.

Play GW1 and you’ll know the three that players were introduced to including where they are now in relation to GW2’s map. Doing the Arah dungeon will introduce you to the 4th.

It’s pretty clear from the dialogue in Arah that it’s just shards left over from the bloodstone shattering, but not one of the actual 5 pieces they shattered it into. Like the shards we had to find across the current map of Tyria a few weeks ago. Those aren’t actual bloodstones, but tiny pieces from the explosion of the actual bloodstone. That bloodstone is most definitely destroyed. That leaves the one in Ring of Fire and the one in the Shiverpeaks. And it still leaves 2 unaccounted for.

And how about the Straits of Devastation bloodstone you mentioned? You said nothing about that in your reply.

I played GW1. But that timeline is 250 years ago. A lot can change in 250 years.

I did not clarify about the Straits of Devastation one as anyone who has played GW1 would know exactly which one that is.

I’m probably mistaken about the Arah one as I haven’t played it in many years. That leaves two still accounted for just like it was when we left off with GW1.

There is no indication that any of the Bloodstones have been destroyed by the way unless you want to count the Bloodstone Fen one being split into smaller pieces. I don’t remember seeing any indication that it was destroyed any more than it was when broken into the original five pieces.

Then tell me, what was that explosion when we flew into Bloodstone Fen?

See the bolded.

I guess we have different interpretations then. The original bloodstone was split into smaller pieces, 5 to be exact. The one in Bloodstone Fen, one of those 5 pieces of the original one, was blown to smithereens. That’s how I interpret the events that happened. If something explodes, it gets destroyed.

It wasn’t blown to smithereens. Just go to the map. All those floating platforms, especially the one you fight the champ, is the bloodstone. Like I said in the bolded part of my post, it wasn’t destroyed but rather slit into smaller pieces similar to how it was split into the five pieces.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

There is no indication that any of the Bloodstones have been destroyed by the way unless you want to count the Bloodstone Fen one being split into smaller pieces. I don’t remember seeing any indication that it was destroyed any more than it was when broken into the original five pieces.

Thanks

I tried shifting through GW1 lore but couldn’t figure out what happened to the Ring of Fire bloodstone after GW1 ended.

Looks like that’s our goal for Ep2 then.

Probably. Lazarus gained a lot of power from the Bloodstone in Bloodstone Fen. Maybe he’s going to each one and absorbing the magic from within?

in Living World

Posted by: TheNecrosanct.4028

TheNecrosanct.4028

I think primordus is going to the ring of fire island because of lazarus. If i recall the blood stone was created to keep the magic containt in it safe from the dragons. But Lazarus has taken a big chunk of said magic of one of the bloodstone parts. Maybe now the dragons can sense the magic again and primodus is after it hence follows lazarus to the fire islands, which was in the past a mussaat outpost (aka the reason why Lazarus wants to go there).

Heck maybe it is even a trap by Lazarus for the elder dragons and since they are magic hungry and primodus falls for it.

It’s my theory that Lazarus is indeed after the Elder Dragons, considering they absord magic and are therefore quite desirable to him. The virtuosity of his plans could be that he intends to take on the Elder Dragons; perhaps he even thinks he can destroy them. I think what comes after he’s achieved that is not so virtuous, though, since he’s already stated that the races of the world and their politics are inconsequential. Well, he said that about Kryta, but it’s very likely he holds the same opinion of the other races. Which further begs the question: if this is his plan and he succeeds, what would all that magic do to him? It’s already drove White Mantle members mad in Bloodstone Fen. We are just “lesser beings” compared to him, but even he must have his limits. What if it drives him mad too?

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

I’m not completely clear on GW1 lore, but wasn’t that where the 1st bloodstone was located? Was it destroyed during Prophecies?

There’s one in Straits of Devastation, Bloodstone Fen, Arah, in Ring of Fire, and one other location. The first bloodstone that the player would have run into would have been the one in Bloodstone Fen. None of them were destroyed from what I remember.

How do you come by these locations? Bloodstone Fen is the one in the Maguuma Jungle. There’s one in the Bloodstone Caves in the Shiverpeaks. Then there’s the one that is still in the Ring of Fire. But Straits of Devastation and Arah? The original bloodstone was in Arah, yes. But after it was split in 5 pieces it was thrown into the volcano in the Ring of Fire. Then that exploded and they got scattered across the world, with only the locations of 3 known.

Play GW1 and you’ll know the three that players were introduced to including where they are now in relation to GW2’s map. Doing the Arah dungeon will introduce you to the 4th.

It’s pretty clear from the dialogue in Arah that it’s just shards left over from the bloodstone shattering, but not one of the actual 5 pieces they shattered it into. Like the shards we had to find across the current map of Tyria a few weeks ago. Those aren’t actual bloodstones, but tiny pieces from the explosion of the actual bloodstone. That bloodstone is most definitely destroyed. That leaves the one in Ring of Fire and the one in the Shiverpeaks. And it still leaves 2 unaccounted for.

And how about the Straits of Devastation bloodstone you mentioned? You said nothing about that in your reply.

I played GW1. But that timeline is 250 years ago. A lot can change in 250 years.

I did not clarify about the Straits of Devastation one as anyone who has played GW1 would know exactly which one that is.

I’m probably mistaken about the Arah one as I haven’t played it in many years. That leaves two still accounted for just like it was when we left off with GW1.

See the bolded.

I guess we have different interpretations then. The original bloodstone was split into smaller pieces, 5 to be exact. The one in Bloodstone Fen, one of those 5 pieces of the original one, was blown to smithereens. That’s how I interpret the events that happened. If something explodes, it gets destroyed.

It wasn’t blown to smithereens. Just go to the map. All those floating platforms, especially the one you fight the champ, is the bloodstone. Like I said in the bolded part of my post, it wasn’t destroyed but rather slit into smaller pieces similar to how it was split into the five pieces.

Those platforms look more like earth and rocks than bloodstone. Unless they are bloodred and partly see-through, then I would agree they are all parts of the bloodstone. But they are not. They look like chunks or earth and rock, results of the explosion. And even if they were pieces of the bloodstone, it still wouldn’t be that bloodstone anymore and it wouldn’t have its purpose anymore. It contained magic that is now released. It was absorbed by Lazarus and the remainder of it is wreaking havoc on the environment and the ones who were there. It drove the White Mantle members mad. It created bloodstone elementals and infused creatures with its magic. It’s not what it was before. That’s just how I see it.

in Living World

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Water in the map!

kitten I hope there is a good amount of underwater content and that they might consider working on that aspect of the game (laying foundations for the purpose of DSD in the future).

Just as they did the thing of gliding to air. They could create a new type of game mechanics to oceans, perhaps control ships in a big ocean, to reach some place after Ring of Fire…… Or some kind of “steam like” submarines… If not to get to a place after Ring of Fire, they could implement some regions inland sea that lies between Ring of Fire, Dragon Stand and Orr. Maybe an adventure involving something around 3 fallen dragons?

Maybe we’re secretly getting another map: Lush Overlook! It’ll be the pass between DS and rata sum, as well as the edge of the continent. The story goes we’ve been tracking Lazarus’ magic signature through the jungle. When we reach the edge of the continent we see a boat or something and conclude he’s heading to the ROF, boom Ember Bay.
How do you think we’ll get the journey to Ember Bay set up?

Yes, the ends of Rata Sum has a lot of potential and a wonderful view at night. The sky is clean and starring and toward dragon stand we can see a great and mysterious mountain. And they also have a harbor.

About Ember Bay journey, if we’re lucky, there no will be another “asura gate”. It seems to be a trend of them involved traveling around aircraft.

in Living World

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

Water in the map!

kitten I hope there is a good amount of underwater content and that they might consider working on that aspect of the game (laying foundations for the purpose of DSD in the future).

Just as they did the thing of gliding to air. They could create a new type of game mechanics to oceans, perhaps control ships in a big ocean, to reach some place after Ring of Fire…… Or some kind of “steam like” submarines… If not to get to a place after Ring of Fire, they could implement some regions inland sea that lies between Ring of Fire, Dragon Stand and Orr. Maybe an adventure involving something around 3 fallen dragons?

Maybe we’re secretly getting another map: Lush Overlook! It’ll be the pass between DS and rata sum, as well as the edge of the continent. The story goes we’ve been tracking Lazarus’ magic signature through the jungle. When we reach the edge of the continent we see a boat or something and conclude he’s heading to the ROF, boom Ember Bay.
How do you think we’ll get the journey to Ember Bay set up?

Yes, the ends of Rata Sum has a lot of potential and a wonderful view at night. The sky is clean and starring and toward dragon stand we can see a great and mysterious mountain. And they also have a harbor.

About Ember Bay journey, if we’re lucky, there no will be another “asura gate”. It seems to be a trend of them involved traveling around aircraft.

yea my original psot was wishful thinking but now I think about it, how else can they do this?

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

See the bolded.

Those platforms look more like earth and rocks than bloodstone. Unless they are bloodred and partly see-through, then I would agree they are all parts of the bloodstone. But they are not. They look like chunks or earth and rock, results of the explosion. And even if they were pieces of the bloodstone, it still wouldn’t be that bloodstone anymore and it wouldn’t have its purpose anymore. It contained magic that is now released. It was absorbed by Lazarus and the remainder of it is wreaking havoc on the environment and the ones who were there. It drove the White Mantle members mad. It created bloodstone elementals and infused creatures with its magic. It’s not what it was before. That’s just how I see it.

The Bloodstone in GW1 looked exactly the same. What evidence do you have to say that Bloodstones cannot absorb magic when in smaller pieces? Was this explained somewhere that I missed?

Attachments:

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Living World

Posted by: ankh.2310

ankh.2310

if I recall correctly wasn’t ember bay how we entered the ring of fire the first time?

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

See the bolded.

The Bloodstone in GW1 looked exactly the same. What evidence do you have to say that Bloodstones cannot absorb magic when in smaller pieces? Was this explained somewhere that I missed?

Except I didn’t say absorbed, I said contained. The bloodstone contained the magic. And it required a ritual to lock that magic inside, so it couldn’t be abused. I’m not sure it actually absorbs magic on its own. It was created by the Seers, after all, to contain uncorrupted magic and also to keep that away from the Elder Dragons. But I’m not sure anymore whether the stone absorbed the magic around it, or that the Seers put it in there. If it’s the latter, the pieces that are left in Bloodstone Fen just release their magic because the explosion destroyed the spell’s effect. You’d expect the effects to not linger in the environment if the bloodstones absorb magic.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

See the bolded.

Except I didn’t say absorbed, I said contained. The bloodstone contained the magic. And it required a ritual to lock that magic inside, so it couldn’t be abused. I’m not sure it actually absorbs magic on its own. It was created by the Seers, after all, to contain uncorrupted magic and also to keep that away from the Elder Dragons. But I’m not sure anymore whether the stone absorbed the magic around it, or that the Seers put it in there. If it’s the latter, the pieces that are left in Bloodstone Fen just release their magic because the explosion destroyed the spell’s effect. You’d expect the effects to not linger in the environment if the bloodstones absorb magic.

Then swap out where I said ‘absorbed’ with ‘obtained. Doesn’t really matter which is used as my argument still stands: what evidence do you have that they no longer contain magic?

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

See the bolded.

Then swap out where I said ‘absorbed’ with ‘obtained. Doesn’t really matter which is used as my argument still stands: what evidence do you have that they no longer contain magic?

They’ll probably still contain some magic, but most of it is out. A large part absorbed by Lazarus and the rest wreaking havoc in Bloodstone Fen. You know why the bloodstone was created by the Seers. You know what the human gods did with it and where they put the pieces. If you want me to say there might still be some residual magic left in the bloodstone pieces, then yes, there might be. I’m perfectly willing to believe that, just like the scales of Glint still contained magic after she died. But only residual, since the larger part of it is out now, either absorbed by Lazarus or doing all kinds of crazy stuff in Bloodstone Fen. The magic it contained is out. You can’t deny that. I never said it was completely drained of magic, though I realize it may have seemed that’s what I said. Let this be a more precise clarification then.

in Living World

Posted by: Titanium Pig.1462

Titanium Pig.1462

I’m guessing 20th September

Here there be dragons!

in Living World

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I’m currently slightly worried on where the story is taking us.
My main concerns lie in the fact that Primordius spent an entire campaign making us learn he’s kinda the big brother of the Elder Dragons. my point being is, he’s been awake the longest, he’s already described as the strongest / most capable, if we defeat him now in the middle of the story while the pact is at it’s weakest point.. I fear the elder dragons lose all imago they have.

My second concern, albeit not as big a problem, is the choice for the Fire Islands, should the story revolve around Primordius there, rather than Lazarus and the Bloodstone, then I feel like it’s a cheap stretch. I feel like if we face Primordius, it should still be underground. He claimed the depths and turnt them into volcanic wastes. Now, this doesn’t mean in any way that Primordius shouldn’t even surface, but I feel like that’s the type of domain his work would be done justice most.

(ps, when I heard that Braham was losing steam on an increasing numbers of icebrood, I thought Jormag was gonna be next. And since the Depths of the Shiverpeaks were Primordius’ terrain, I had a kinda hope for a threeway battle, between the Pact, Icebrood and the Destroyers)

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

we have never killed a dragon in a LW story, dragons are Xpac fuel. You are worrying over nothing.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

I think we already passed the point of your first concern. Here we have the elder dragons, creatures many thousands of years old with an unfathomable amount of power capable of making the mightiest beings in the world flee in terror…and we killed 2 in 4 years….

Zhaitan I can see the case being made that it took decades (or longer) to work up to the point where we could kill him. Then Mordy wakes up, and by most accounts is stronger than Zhaitan, yet we kittensmack him as soon as he wakes up. And now we have Primordus…are we just going to roll over and kick him in our sleep?

At this point the only way the dragons could feel even remotely threatening to me is if we lose to Primordus in the next expansion and cede control over large sections of the world to him. Mordy destroyed a fleet of airships and both dragons have taken their share of allies but we haven’t actually lost yet. We haven’t been beaten or even pushed back. Zhaitan never claimed additional lands despite having an army that only gets stronger the longer we fight. Mordy reached some fingers into the world but never took over any lands. Their threat feels very hollow now.

The elder dragons no longer feel like a threat, they don’t even feel powerful. They’re just the flavor of the week bad guy to stomp.

in Living World

Posted by: Mizu Misa.8730

Mizu Misa.8730

Wow I didn’t expect you to bring us the next update so soon!
Good job arenanet!

Thanks a lot

Painkillerguild.com [eu][gh][pvx] applications welcome!

in Living World

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

in Living World

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Guess someone cannot search, or even scroll down the current main page.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Living World

Posted by: kyrie.8530

kyrie.8530

noone are able to search. thats a special feature anet is so proud of.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

See the bolded.

They’ll probably still contain some magic, but most of it is out. A large part absorbed by Lazarus and the rest wreaking havoc in Bloodstone Fen. You know why the bloodstone was created by the Seers. You know what the human gods did with it and where they put the pieces. If you want me to say there might still be some residual magic left in the bloodstone pieces, then yes, there might be. I’m perfectly willing to believe that, just like the scales of Glint still contained magic after she died. But only residual, since the larger part of it is out now, either absorbed by Lazarus or doing all kinds of crazy stuff in Bloodstone Fen. The magic it contained is out. You can’t deny that. I never said it was completely drained of magic, though I realize it may have seemed that’s what I said. Let this be a more precise clarification then.

Who is to say that the Bloodstone Fen bloodstone, which is currently in smaller pieces than before, cannot be used again to absorb magic. It would still be able to perform its purpose. I also vaguely remember something about the five pieces of the bloodstone that the human gods split up could be put back together. If this is true, why couldn’t the bloodstone in Bloodstone Fen have the same done to it? Maybe it’ll be part of the future story in an effert to contain the magic which appears to be running rampant. Or maybe not. Who knows.

in Living World

Posted by: Neve.3145

Neve.3145

Now what if… while we are south at ring of fire taking care of things there, braham runs into something while killing icebrod. Something big, something game changing. Which eventually leads us to having to choose if we want to fight primadorus in the south or jormag in the north, leaving the other dragon to the pact.
Not sure if there is anything in the lores history that would make that impossible – i never played gw1, though i did read up on the lore some but i think that would be an amazing turn of events.

in Living World

Ayrilana.1396

Now what if… while we are south at ring of fire taking care of things there, braham runs into something while killing icebrod. Something big, something game changing. Which eventually leads us to having to choose if we want to fight primadorus in the south or jormag in the north, leaving the other dragon to the pact.
Not sure if there is anything in the lores history that would make that impossible – i never played gw1, though i did read up on the lore some but i think that would be an amazing turn of events.

Well further up in Far Shiverpeaks there was a champion of Jormag frozen under Drakkar Lake. I’m not sure if that is claw of Jormag or something else. It would be interesting to have two dragons on the offensive at the same time.

in Living World

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

For my understanding Primordus has never appeared before (correct me if I’m wrong so I can learn) Soooo we don’t even know if he is actually evil.

If he is the most powerful of the current active dragons, yet he decided to remain underground all this years, maybe he is trying to maintain the balance we are constantly destroying. Maybe we are harming the world, maybe we are the bad guys.

in Living World

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

Today I noticed an article mentioning the new episode for Living World EP3 will release on September 20th and will take place on the Ring of Fire Map.

Source: PAX West 2016 – http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/11142/Episode-2-Drops-September-20th-Takes-Us-Back-to-the-Ring-of-Fire.html

Great news if you ask me!!! Any additional info or trailers from the forum moderators?

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

For my understanding Primordus has never appeared before (correct me if I’m wrong so I can learn) Soooo we don’t even know if he is actually evil.

If he is the most powerful of the current active dragons, yet he decided to remain underground all this years, maybe he is trying to maintain the balance we are constantly destroying. Maybe we are harming the world, maybe we are the bad guys.

All the Dragons have appeared before in previous cycles. Primordus is probably the most well known if anything since it remains the only Dragon known about from the previous rise, due to his minions’ direct battle with the Dwarves. He has been underground all these years since that is his “domain”. He was encountered there in GW1 and that was where he went to rest thousands of years ago.

In GW1 it’s minions sought to destroy the World and awaken their master. I don’t think Primordus has good intentions in as far as the rest of the World is concerned.

Whether he is the most powerful is up for debate. Certainly he has been awake for longer so potentially has absorbed more magic.
Interestingly enough, unless the absorption of magic has radically increased his size, Primordus is a relatively small Elder Dragon based on his appearance in GW1.

in Living World

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

As sad as I am that we are focusing on Primordus instead of Kralkatorrik and would still prefer to head to the crystal desert… my nostalgia alarms are going off over the ring of fire islands too.

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Today I noticed an article mentioning the new episode for Living World EP3 will release on September 20th and will take place on the Ring of Fire Map.

Source: PAX West 2016 – http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/11142/Episode-2-Drops-September-20th-Takes-Us-Back-to-the-Ring-of-Fire.html

Great news if you ask me!!! Any additional info or trailers from the forum moderators?

The Living World subforum has all the threads on this since the article yesterday. Any up-to-date info will be in there

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

See the bolded.

Who is to say that the Bloodstone Fen bloodstone, which is currently in smaller pieces than before, cannot be used again to absorb magic. It would still be able to perform its purpose. I also vaguely remember something about the five pieces of the bloodstone that the human gods split up could be put back together. If this is true, why couldn’t the bloodstone in Bloodstone Fen have the same done to it? Maybe it’ll be part of the future story in an effert to contain the magic which appears to be running rampant. Or maybe not. Who knows.

No one knows. But I wasn’t speculating about the future. At the moment it’s broken into pieces and most of the magic is out. It’s no longer what it used to be, and it doesn’t do what it used to do anymore either. Considering all the magic that’s running rampant across Tyria, I wouldn’t rule out that we turn to the bloodstones again. the one problem with this is that it was the work of the Seers (the creation of the original bloodstone) and the human gods (containing the magic and splitting the original into 5 pieces). Neither of them are with us, unless ANet plans to reintroduce them in the future. We’ll have to wait and see.

in Living World

TheNecrosanct.4028

Well further up in Far Shiverpeaks there was a champion of Jormag frozen under Drakkar Lake. I’m not sure if that is claw of Jormag or something else. It would be interesting to have two dragons on the offensive at the same time.

I have been thinking the same thing. I already theorized we’d be going to the Ring of Fire before we got confirmation, and just beyond the Ring of Fire is the Unending Ocean. If Primordus is going that way he’d be close to the territory of the underwater Elder Dragon. And Elder Dragons aren’t unified in any way. They’re just as likely to fight each other as they are the races of Tyria. It would be cool if ANet did that, 2 Elder Dragons fighting. Put Lazarus in the mix and it surely would be a step up of fighting one Elder Dragon at a time (which would seem kind of boring in the long run). The only thing that makes me hesitate is the fact that ANet shies away from anything related to under water. If they’d pick that up again, I’d expect we’d see signs of them focusing on that, like for instance introducing underwater skins again when a new weapon set is revealed (which they haven’t done in years). But there’s no sign of that for now. Still, the prospect of 2 Elder Dragons going up against each other is one I hope to see one day.

in Living World

Posted by: fluidmonolith.3584

fluidmonolith.3584

I think we already passed the point of your first concern. Here we have the elder dragons, creatures many thousands of years old with an unfathomable amount of power capable of making the mightiest beings in the world flee in terror…and we killed 2 in 4 years….

Zhaitan I can see the case being made that it took decades (or longer) to work up to the point where we could kill him. Then Mordy wakes up, and by most accounts is stronger than Zhaitan, yet we kittensmack him as soon as he wakes up. And now we have Primordus…are we just going to roll over and kick him in our sleep?

At this point the only way the dragons could feel even remotely threatening to me is if we lose to Primordus in the next expansion and cede control over large sections of the world to him. Mordy destroyed a fleet of airships and both dragons have taken their share of allies but we haven’t actually lost yet. We haven’t been beaten or even pushed back. Zhaitan never claimed additional lands despite having an army that only gets stronger the longer we fight. Mordy reached some fingers into the world but never took over any lands. Their threat feels very hollow now.

The elder dragons no longer feel like a threat, they don’t even feel powerful. They’re just the flavor of the week bad guy to stomp.

I have had the same impression following HoT. Elder Dragons should feel threatening, however both Mordemoth and Zhaitain have made relatively small incursions into land controlled by the playable races. Much of the fighting has been on the dragons’ territories, putting the dragons on the defensive. I certainly agree that, for the Elder Dragons to pose a threat, they need to cause damage or atleast urgent risk of damage to central Pact regions, e.g. Lion’s Arch, Hoelbrak, Divinity’s Reach. Lion’s Arch was destroyed once, but it wasn’t even a dragon that did it…

I think maybe we need to fight 2+ Elder Dragons at once…

Maguuma
Astaxanthas (Revenant), Hepaticus (Engineer), Eosinophus (Thief)

in Living World

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

And what do you think about the dredge. The tremors are coming from the north think they are moving the stones and magic underground just so Jormak doesn’t grow stronger and bring more havoc to their home? Or you think the Dwarfs have something to do with this.

To be honest I haven’t been this exited about the story in a long time.

in Living World

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Did you even play the game? Mordi killed the fleet, the only way we beat him was by going into the dream and killing his mind, and then we had backed him self up in the little cabbage that could. So we could not beat him the same way we beat Zhitan. He slapped us about and left the pact a broken mess. We got lucky. This time we do not have the pact, Kryta have there hands full with White Mantle and possibly a Murssat.the threat is very real, we only have our whits and ability to save the world.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

In my opinion, Lazarus has gone to the Ring of Fire and is freshly loaded with magic from the bloodstone. Until now, the dragons have not had access to this magic. Sensing a fresh batch of magic, Primordus has begun to move towards it. I believe that this will eventually end with a direct conflict between Lazarus and Primordus.

in Living World

Posted by: JaddynnStarr.5201

JaddynnStarr.5201

All the Dragons have appeared before in previous cycles. Primordus is probably the most well known if anything since it remains the only Dragon known about from the previous rise, due to his minions’ direct battle with the Dwarves. He has been underground all these years since that is his “domain”. He was encountered there in GW1 and that was where he went to rest thousands of years ago.

In GW1 it’s minions sought to destroy the World and awaken their master. I don’t think Primordus has good intentions in as far as the rest of the World is concerned.

Whether he is the most powerful is up for debate. Certainly he has been awake for longer so potentially has absorbed more magic.
Interestingly enough, unless the absorption of magic has radically increased his size, Primordus is a relatively small Elder Dragon based on his appearance in GW1.

Theres a big problem with that theory tho…. if primordus has indeed been awake and gathering more magic than any other that we have faced, why didn’t taimi’s map showing the magic concentrations blow up like the sun on primordus’s location?

in Living World

Posted by: DcSausage.2975

DcSausage.2975

My biggest desire is to see the Dwarves again….. like fighting the destroyers in the fire isles so they dont reach the Door Of Komalie and absorbing all the energy that is powering it.

in Living World

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Did you even play the game? Mordi killed the fleet, the only way we beat him was by going into the dream and killing his mind, and then we had backed him self up in the little cabbage that could. So we could not beat him the same way we beat Zhitan. He slapped us about and left the pact a broken mess. We got lucky. This time we do not have the pact, Kryta have there hands full with White Mantle and possibly a Murssat.the threat is very real, we only have our whits and ability to save the world.

No, I guess because I have a different opinion on the dragons than you I haven’t played the game.

Mordy destroyed the fleet and corrupted a bunch of sylvari then a couple weeks/months/some arbitrary time later, we went in the the dream and tried to kill him. Mordy attacked a couple forts outside the Heart of Maguuma and made a few vines poke out of the ground but at no time did he try to advance on us. His armies never invaded Maguuma or Kryta or anywhere, its like there was an invisible wall in Silverwastes that he couldn’t pass except for a few minions at a time. Why wasn’t he attacking us everywhere? He clearly had the capability. Instead he just sat there and twiddled his thumbs while we came to kill him.

Elder Dragons are huge nigh-unstoppable forces that roll over anything in the path in their hunger for more magic to eat. They expand their domains to corrupt more minions and get more magic to become even bigger monsters. Where were the legions of Mordrem outside of HoT? Where were the huge massive clusters of vines tearing apart cities? Where were the hordes of corrupted sylvari? For some inexplicable reason (ie the plot bus said so), Mordy didn’t bring his power to bear on us.

Heck, when we came to kill him he just let it happen. He could have easily crushed us with vines while we were attacking his mind. Since we were in the heart of his domain there should have been legions of Mordrem around that could have overwhelmed our allies and killed us. After we defeated his mind and he could have made a backup elsewhere, he clearly had the time to do it when he started asserting his control over Trahearne before we killed him; his domain is the mind after all, that should have been easy for him.

We accept it because the plot manual says its going to happen but thats about the only reason for me to accept how it ended.

So yeah, Mordy didn’t feel like the big bad that Elder Dragons are supposed to be and I don’t really expect Primordus or Lazarus to feel that threatening either. But thats just my opinion on it.

in Living World

Randulf.7614

Don’t worry, he will be dangerous for ele’s at least.

Destroyers are immune to burning

in Living World

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Theres a big problem with that theory tho…. if primordus has indeed been awake and gathering more magic than any other that we have faced, why didn’t taimi’s map showing the magic concentrations blow up like the sun on primordus’s location?

Maybe that was a limitation of the map? It only had so many sizes of blob it could display. Just like how my phone’s battery icon only has 5 bars, so 80% full looks the same as 100% full and I have to go into the menu to see the detail.

Remember this map was created by the Rata Novans about 150 years ago. Kralkatorik, Zhaitan and Mordremoth weren’t even awake at the time and the ones that were hadn’t been awake long.

So they would have absorbed a lot less magic, and I don’t think there was anything else even remotely that powerful around (the bloodstones might come close, but they’re designed to keep magic contained and dormant so I doubt it’d be detected). They may have made “Elder Dragon” the highest setting, without realising how much more powerful Elder Dragons could get.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Living World

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I’m a bit worried with the story going to a bay area on an archipelago and the recent disregard for underwater content/combat.

Are they going to complete ignore the underwater part of the bay/islands?
I hope not.

There is so much opportunity for good underwater content in the Fire Islands, I hope they don’t just ignore it.

in Living World

Posted by: Biklen.5490

Biklen.5490

This one is going to be short and sweet. 11 years ago when I picked up GW1, I played the entire story-line on every character and just loved it. One of my favorite maps in the entire game was Ring of Fire. I was extremely disappointed when I saw Ring of Fire was NOT in GW2. But today while I was hanging around I heard the news and I HAD to share it with our community! PLEASE be as excited as I am and SPREAD the word!!!!

~BalougaPOD

in Living World

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

Your not the only one who’s excited. I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

in Living World

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

The water is lava!

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Living World

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Will they be in hot water if they do?

Or if they don’t? 0.o

in Living World

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I’ll be pleasantly surprised the day ArenaNet developers dare to test the waters again. For now they seem irrationally scared of it.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Living World

FrizzFreston.5290

To be honest, when Taimi declared that Primordus is awake, I pretty much was like, Uh, yeah, didn’t we already know that?

in Living World

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

I sincerely hope they don’t have any major battles underwater, especially any part of the Living Story. I already fail to complete too much of the Stories.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

in Living World

tobascodagama.2961

It’s my theory that Lazarus is indeed after the Elder Dragons, considering they absord magic and are therefore quite desirable to him. The virtuosity of his plans could be that he intends to take on the Elder Dragons; perhaps he even thinks he can destroy them.

It would be a pretty shocking twist if Primordus emerged at the Ring of Fire… and Lazarus killed him. :O

The LS would be us trying to figure out whether we can actually trust Lazarus, then we’d either fight him or the next Dragon in the expansion.

They’re just as likely to fight each other as they are the races of Tyria. It would be cool if ANet did that, 2 Elder Dragons fighting. Put Lazarus in the mix and it surely would be a step up of fighting one Elder Dragon at a time (which would seem kind of boring in the long run).

That’d be pretty kitten, though.

in Living World

tobascodagama.2961

I’ll be pleasantly surprised the day ArenaNet developers dare to test the waters again. For now they seem irrationally scared of it.

It’s a pretty rational fear, I’d say. Very few people actually like the underwater content as it is.

in Living World

FrizzFreston.5290

Unknown statistical data is never rational. I know quite a bit of people that like underwater content.

Plus I’m pretty sure that no one is asking for full underwater maps. Rational would be for there at least be some underwater content rather than totally ignoring it.

in Living World

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

They’ve been a little out at sea with underwater combat, but who knows what might surface with the next episode/expac? For all we know they’ve had a better underwater combat system bubbling away for years and may float it in this season. I hope they get it right or there will be a flood of complaints that’ll make the visual nerfs thread seem like a drop in the bucket.