Who here is playing because of living story?

in Living World

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

Not a flame thread. Who here plays the game mainly for living story updates and why, vs who here plays the game because of permanent content?

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

in Living World

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

Not sure if it counts as “permanent” content, but I’m here mostly for my awesome guildies. Like any game if you’re not playing with other people you like you probably won’t stick around long.

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I play despite the Living Story. Honestly, the Living Story is a good idea. It’s implementation, however, leaves a lot to be desired.

in Living World

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

I had a wonderful time in GW2 until the living story started. I absolutely loathe the living story. I’ve pretty much stopped playing because of it.

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I’m here for all aspects of the game, but having finished most of the permanent content (save a few dungeon paths and crafting a legendary), the Living Story is my main focus.

in Living World

Posted by: Alleluia.1320

Alleluia.1320

I suppose I’m here b/c of the Living Story.

I was interested in GW2 back before launch b/c of the personal story idea. Then I lost track of its news as I did other things. A few months ago, I heard about the Living Story as I was building my PC and looking in to what games are out there. And the concept of it got me really excited. I decided I HAD to be in Tyria for Dragon Bash, and I’m still here.

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I don’t play because of the living story, but I enjoy it.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Living World

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

I play despite the Living Story. Honestly, the Living Story is a good idea. It’s implementation, however, leaves a lot to be desired.

completely agree. The story is terrible, and people are always scratching their heads wondering where to go and what to do. Luckily there are guides on sites like dulfy that help – I feel sorry for the people that don’t know about that site.

I suppose it helps with interaction between players because when a new chapter arrives map chat is full of “where do I go?” “what am I supposed to do?”…

in Living World

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

No I come back for permanent content that was added not the temporary living story that I feel falls short with every update story wise especially this last update were the story was supposed to come together(it’s the main reason why i haven’t cared about it as well every story/update is lacking or badly put together). The good thing is i have really low standards for these updates nowadays so even the little things i want make me happy like the new wvw change been waiting a year for something like that.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well the living story gives me something to do, so I guess I play because of it. Mind you a bit of permanency would be nice, especially since real life need to take priority over GW2 and some events I completely miss out on.

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

^^
I don’t need to type anything, just quote you

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

I find myself playing the living story despite not wanting to.

I’d much rather work on other areas of the game, but because living story is time constrained, I feel I have to play it if I want the time-limited rewards.

And that kind of sucks.

Living story has sucked out the relaxed, casual experience the game used to have. Now the game just feels like a bunch of tasks and assignments with deadlines.

in Living World

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

SAB is part of living story too.

I’d much rather work on other areas of the game, but because living story is time constrained, I feel I have to play it if I want the time-limited rewards.

And that kind of sucks.

Living story has sucked out the relaxed, casual experience the game used to have. Now the game just feels like a bunch of tasks and assignments with deadlines.

AKA work

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

in Living World

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

And that kind of sucks.

Yeah…

I should really use this SAB LS break to do my do my map exploration…

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Living World

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I play because the game is fun, i enjoy wvw, and i’m working on a legendary. The living story is just free additional content…can’t complain with that..

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Living World

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I’m here because I enjoy the overall game. and WvW

and I’m waiting for Ghosts.

in Living World

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

In the final few days of the previous LS period, my guildies and I went back to doing guild missions, dungeons and fractals (seriosuly, why are fractals still not considered dungeons for influence purposes?) instead of LS.

I’ve enjoyed it a lot more than farming for achievements.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.