Who was the woman behind Flame & Frost?

in Living World

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

We were told something about a spunky female being behind the molten alliance stuff. And the prisoners at the end said they were mad at someone (can’t remember if they said it was a she) who was manipulating them all. And the image below came out around then.. not sure if it’s the same person.

I don’t remember if this was ever answered. Has it been said who she was?

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Lord Krilik.3692

Lord Krilik.3692

It looks like it could be Mai Trin

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mai_Trin

in Living World

Lord Krilik.3692

Or Ellen Kiel, which would be interesting

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Inspector_Ellen_Kiel

in Living World

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Or Lady Kasmeer, whose role in everything is sort of dubious to me

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lady_Kasmeer_Meade

in Living World

Lord Krilik.3692

That’s true but it doesn’t really look like her. The face looks exactly like Ellen which wouldn’t make much sense but could be interesting if they spin it right. Why would she cause refugees to flee then save them? Mai Trin could be strong possibility though considering recent events.

in Living World

Lord Krilik.3692

in Living World

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

The person in the picture is Lionguard Inspector Ellen Kiel. That image was used as the banner image for the Secret of Southsun game update, which you may have already seen here: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/may-14-2013/

If you recall, Kiel was sent to Southsun Cove to investigate what was happening there due to reports of increased aggression on the part of local wildlife and tension between the refugees from the Shiverpeaks, who had been displaced by the Molten Alliance during the Flame and Frost story arc, and the Consortium who offered the refugees a new start as settlers working for them on Southsun Cove.

We first introduced Ellen Kiel in the Lost Shores game update last year. After the defeat of the Ancient Karka, Kiel remained on Southsun Cove to maintain order. So when the things started heating up between the wildlife, the settlers, and the Consortium, Kiel was assigned to take care of the investigation.

As far as the question in the thread title, that remains to be seen, but good on you for catching that.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

in Living World

Posted by: Lemony.9180

Lemony.9180

I believe name of the person responsible for the attacks up to now is Scarlet. Before fighting Mai Trin she says: “Scarlet’s gonna have my noggin for screwing up.” This Scarlet woman is most likely Mai Trin’s superior and probably the person behind all the events up to now. Other than that, not much is known about Scarlet. Also interestingly Scarlet has a blank page on the wiki which may prove that she may be an important upcoming character.

in Living World

Posted by: Vahkris.6847

Vahkris.6847

I believe name of the person responsible for the attacks up to now is Scarlet. Before fighting Mai Trin she says: “Scarlet’s gonna have my noggin for screwing up.” This Scarlet woman is most likely Mai Trin’s superior and probably the person behind all the events up to now. Other than that, not much is known about Scarlet. Also interestingly Scarlet has a blank page on the wiki which may prove that she may be an important upcoming character.

“Scarlet” doesn’t have a page on the wiki. A red link means a non-existent page, not a blank page. It doesn’t denote being important later, just that it’s an obvious name and a reference to a NPC we don’t know about yet.

(edited by Vahkris.6847)

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I really doubt the boss of a group of pirates would have a hand in a Dredge / Flame Legion alliance. And I don’t really think anyone was “behind” the events at Southsun, seems like thats just Canach and the consortium acting of their own free will.

Unless this “Scarlet” is some crazy Saturday morning cartoon stereotype who’s got control of half a dozen different evil organizations or whatever.

in Living World

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

In a jarring plot twist we find out that Eir Stegalkin was the one who sparked the Molten Alliance, because she wanted Cragstead to be destroyed so Braham would have to return to Hoelbrak.

But of course she was being manipulated by evil mastermind Morraloo, who intended for all land-dwellers to kill each other off so that quaggans can rule the land as well as the sea.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Living World

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

We must prepare for the quaggan rebellion. WWQ is coming!

in Living World

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I kinda hope the aetherblades are on their own and not following orders from someone pulling the strings of every villain on the continent.

in Living World

Posted by: Henge.3907

Henge.3907

Perhaps Scarlet is not a pirate but simply hired them? The term they used to describe her a while ago I believe was Snarky. What race is usually full of Snark? I think she’s an Asura that is behind it all. The alliance, and the hiring of pirates. They have inquest technology after all. She could have even invented the Rapier weapons. Now. The question is, to what end? You can see the Dredge weapon testing in how Horrics weapon (his canon) fires. Its been amplified since Flame and Frost. Also what’s curious is why make themselves known now instead of later? Especially with the slip up with the Council seat. What’s to gain from that? Anywho. Elaborate on my thoughts?