dislike this completely.. am I alone?

in Living World

Posted by: longshot.1397

longshot.1397

I am so thorothly disenganged from this content.i liked the previous stories, but this I just cant even be bothered finishing. Being forced to play Mario Bros to finish the story…… well I just do not find it rewarding my gameplay time.

Big thumbs down so far..

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

well I just do not find it rewarding my gameplay time.

Well, the content is permanent, so if you can’t play it at a certain time, you can attempt it again whenever you wish in the future. So if you are unable to do the small aspect requirements now in the story missions, try again in the future.

You can also see this thread for great discussion on the jumping of this update: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/lwd/Jumping-Feedback-Thread/first

in Living World

Posted by: Alex.9567

Alex.9567

movement on the vertical axis is an obvious next step for mmo’s as a genre, while it can be annoying at times because of latency issues its an inevitable next step to explore movement on that axis. regarding the story and dry top, personally feel its a move in the right direction, story telling’s improved, feels to me the devs have become more aware with what works within the limitation of their systems, also I think dry tops a really cool area, love the layout and all the layers it has. not tying to just be contrary OP, just my opinion.

in Living World

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Maybe it would helpful as to what area you are speaking of. It is quite a broad brush to say it sucks. I find myself enjoying the new area. The climate changing is very interesting. So please be a little more exact as to what you dislike. Happy gaming.

in Living World

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I think it’s pretty decent so far. I’ll wait until we’re further along for full judgment.

in Living World

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I’m not a huge fan of the Aspect skills, but their use is limited across the zone and there are very few “die if you fail the jump” locations (sans working on specific achievements). I think they did a very good job NOT forcing players to use the skills too much (tho I feel the limited timing and limited number of uses at different locations is kind of confusing).

Most certainly this content will not appeal to all players. But it is certainly doable with a minimal of “Mario Brothers” game-play.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

I would like to see to Dry Top get a revision after the conclusion of Season 2 but otherwise Episode 1 is more enjoyable than just about more than halves-worth of Season 1.

Practice-practice-practice.

in Living World

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

I am thoroughly disappointed with LS 2.

The new ‘map’ so small it must have taken 5 minutes to create. Same with the story-line.

And.. jumping? well at-least they don’t have to balance that…

Im not even gona bother running it again for a few poxy Achi points.

1/10 epic fail.

in Living World

Posted by: Fathima.1480

Fathima.1480

Im shocked at the lack of reasoning behind these complaints.

July 1st was teaser content and an intro into a new story line.

July 8th the “Gates of Maguuma” open.

Until then, how with any lick of sense, can you judge said new LS 2 content?
Do you judge entire movies on the 15 second pre-opening credits reel?

I swear its like people just sit quietly waiting in the shadows for something, anything, to complain about. And will do so without knowing what they are even talking about. Or without doing anything to gain any knowledge about what they think they are talking about.

in Living World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

I swear its like people just sit quietly waiting in the shadows for something, anything, to complain about. And will do so without knowing what they are even talking about. Or without doing anything to gain any knowledge about what they think they are talking about.

It’s the internet… and more specifically, the GW2 Official Forums… How much reasoning do you really expect?

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

in Living World

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I am so thorothly disenganged from this content.i liked the previous stories, but this I just cant even be bothered finishing. Being forced to play Mario Bros to finish the story…… well I just do not find it rewarding my gameplay time.

Big thumbs down so far..

There is no Mario Bros required to finish the story. You have to use only a few aspect skills through all of the episodes combined, and those that you do are ridiculously easy. The final fight was really annoying with all the CC that the villain throws at you, but you can literally run up a ramp to get back to him, no need to jump at all. Kill him with range and dodge/avoid his skills is all that is required.

The third dimension used in the new map certainly confuses me a lot, but I have always been spatially challenged when it comes to navigating the more complex maps. It’s more of a puzzle than a jumping contest, only chasing coins and diving goggles requires skilled jumping, but it has NOTHING to do with the story.

in Living World

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

Yes…… you are completely alone.

To finish the story you don’t need jumping at all except 1 jump at the beginning of the story.
I assume you are one of the few zerker guys who liked LS1.
LS2 improved in so many things you can’t even tell all of them.

You experience now your own little part of GW2 without having to interact with millions of other players.
Best thing is you can invite friends to do it with you.
The new zone is breathtaking. A desert was really missing so far.

There is a reason why thousands of players came back.
If a single one is leaving all of us can live with that

Your post is full of lies.

And would you mind explaining me what do you mean if you blame me lying??

I’m just going to put this here, not that I’m the one who accused you but hey, you were so why not: You’ve got a fight with arvin the chipmunk in “The Cornered” story segment that revolves around jumping, first you need to use the blue power up to get up on the platforms and if you happen to be a melee character you’re also going to have to use the purple power up to get around the 3 platforms that chipmunk constantly rotates between.

So even tho you may not be lying, you’re definitly underplaying the amount of jumping with zephyrite skills that are required to finish the story, ofcourse should you choose to further complete the actual zone, you’re going to do an significantly larger amount of jumping, but that is a whole different story.

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Not terribly enthused with this first episode. /shrug

The Zephyrite focus and Aspects is an irritating way to get around on a 15-second time limit. It doesn’t work half the time anyway:
Got quicksand’d from a false lighting tether jump…
Sun dash across quicksand comes up horribly short.
Wind jumps often run into intrusive cliffs or miss false ledges. Then again, THE CHARR PROBLEM STILL LIVES

And o.m.g., please stop fawning over Scarlet. She wasn’t fascinating beyond her introduction. She’s dead. Leave her that way. -_-###

LS2 rewards are.. slack. Hopefully the next episode is better. Fingers crossed!

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

There is alwasy the idea that all content is optional… sooo…. though I understand hating it to some extent… why not just do something else?
I did something else during several chapters of LS1 so it is possible. It’s unlikely that every chapter ahead of us will have that much jumping. It sucks when new content is not to your taste or somewhat unaccessable with your abilities… I know as that have been issues for me too. But so many others been enjoying the same things I don’t like, so I just went to suck it up, do something else and hope that the next bit of content was more to my taste and accessable for me.

There will always be some who like something, and something who dislike or even hate it.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Living World

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

To finish the story you don’t need jumping at all except 1 jump at the beginning of the story.

You experience now your own little part of GW2 without having to interact with millions of other players.

There is a reason why thousands of players came back.

DITTO——-OP YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

in Living World

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

The new ‘map’ so small it must have taken 5 minutes to create. Same with the story-line.

1/10 epic fail.

3/10, would not read again

in Living World

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

My only complaint about this LS release, is that you have to wait around so much waiting for the npcs to finish talking to each other

Professional noob guardian

in Living World

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

1/10 epic fail.

3/10, would not read again

Indeed. that pretty much sums up LS2 episode 1: The futile search for content.

in Living World

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

[…]
[.]

You clearly have absolutely no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about. Just the initial design before they even start constructing the map may take days, and then the map may have to go through several iterations and testing. What you say is not even valid as an exaggeration to make your point. And believe me, I love to exaggerate to make my points, and what you said just breaks it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Living World

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

There is a reason why thousands of players came back

bolded part is a kitten lie hahaha.
thousands of players come back??? are you serious right now haha?
People don’t play MMOs because of a kitten story dude….This kitten chapter can be completed in less than a day.

It’s a new zone, cool. Still the same content. Still the same GW2 overall. This is no reason for thousands of players to come back lol. You add actual meaningful CHANGE to gw2, than ppl come back. not for some jumping puzzles and a desert with a cheesy story…

in Living World

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

I strongly dislike the whole jumping and aspect thing in this release. Jumping around (jump puzzles and such) are the one area of this game that really tick me off, as I am a very vertically challenged person.
That being said, I do like the story and the map, small as it may be, is gorgeous. However, this aspect thing just does not work for me. Only way I can get past the aspect parts is for a mesmer to port me. Hopefully they move away from that.
Only issue I had with this “story” is that I want to hang out and do research with Taimi! I was just as excited as she was when we got to the end part.

in Living World

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Huh? What??

Really, the information that you state here couldn’t be more wrong. The Gates of Maguuma began July 1st. On July 8th were likely to get a teaser trailer but that’s about it. What are you talking about?

in Living World

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

And as usual in this game, the reward is not worth the time.

Yup. Going through the story got me… two blues and green. Hyperbole, but I got nothing memorable.
The same will be for the achievement rewards, if I bother to do them at all. :\
Woo, some geodes or other salvageable garbage…
And then there’s the piles of (empty) sand…

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

in Living World

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I loved the story and nice to see we get a new pve zone hope it stays the rest i cant be bothered with i have enough AP.

in Living World

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I have to say I loved it. I really don’t like dungeons, and while I can tolerate some big world events, they are usually just ginat karma trains and it gets old pretty fast.

I much prefer this style of story where you just go and explore the open world (even if the LS part of is was instanced, that’s fine).

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Living World

Posted by: spikyblackhair.4951

spikyblackhair.4951

It wasn’t the most boring release I’ve ever seen, but neither do I think it was amazing. The zone was too small to make me excited about exploration, there is little challenging tactical content (Teq reboot patch was still my favorite in this game), and a whole lot of gw2-style grind, but virtually no chance for anything amazing, as usual.

But really, these are gripes I have with the LS and GW2 design choices as a whole, most of which run counter to my personal preferences. I prefer expansions over LS, I prefer the trinity (yes, the trinity) over zerging, and I prefer difficult raid content with loot tables where at least someone in your raid is basically guaranteed to go home happy, rather than everybody having the same .000001% chance at something remarkable and all leaving empty-handed as a result. Consequently, I don’t log in for much longer than it takes to do the daily anymore. The greatest redeeming quality about gw2 is that I see a lot of potential in the lore and story, so I’m keeping one foot in the door, but I’m not holding my breath.

Why? Because I don’t think MMOs naturally lend themselves that well to good scripted storytelling, although I never played SWTOR. All the LS does is makes me feel is that my character has been taken out of my own hands, which would be fine in a single player game where the characters are written for you and sometimes written very well, but in an MMO it doesn’t sit well with me. There aren’t even any meaningful or humorous dialogue choices such as those in most Bioware games, and neither is there a robust faction system to make you feel that the world distinguishes you in any way from the other players (the orders and original charisma/dignity/ferocity systems had potential for this, but one has virtually no impact on your experience and the other has already been dropped from the game). When I have to choose a dialogue option (the only one available) that is written completely differently than how I would like my character to express itself, that takes me more out of the experience rather than immerses me. TBH, and I know some people will probably disagree with me, I would much rather have the PC be a silent protagonist or have to actually type out sentences containing key words/phrases (EQ style) than just be forced to click a prepackaged, prewritten sentence to advance the story.

The lines where the PC is made out to be the best at everything such as explaining things to super-detective Marjory or Marjory calling the PC “boss” are especially eye-roll inducing. Yes, it’s nice to feel like the hero of a story, and many people have complained about this in terms of the personal story and LS1, but IMO it should be something that is built slowly and earned through trials and adventuring instead of suddenly stuck into the dialogue in a manner that makes the NPCs around you suddenly seem uncharacteristically ingratiating. Not once during LS 1 did I feel like I was leading the group or being built into a leader, and to suddenly be in charge of DEv2 is jarring and feels entirely contrived and artificial.

Basically, all the reasons I typically play MMOs aren’t present here; there’s little sense of exploration, little reward, and little challenge. So here’s wishing the writers the best of luck in proving my expectations wrong and coming up with something great with the story, because that’s the biggest draw of the game for me at this point.

(edited by spikyblackhair.4951)

in Living World

Posted by: lazarus.1639

lazarus.1639

Came back after a month, played the new chapter, and now i’m leaving again to continue playing all the games i got from summersale…
So, meh…

in Living World

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

movement on the vertical axis is an obvious next step for mmo’s as a genre, .

MMOs should take a look at games like Uncharted or Assassins Creed. Forget this bouncing along like a maniac on a pogo stick, and put in some actual climbing.

in Living World

Posted by: tethyr.6513

tethyr.6513

MMOs should take a look at games like Uncharted or Assassins Creed. Forget this bouncing along like a maniac on a pogo stick, and put in some actual climbing.

I second the [Assassin’s Creed] climbing, [Watch_Dogs] vaulting and the ability to take cover.

But I’d much rather that ArenaNet focus more on the story itself and bring the core group we’ve been teamed up with to life. I like the story at the moment far better than most of Season 1’s mindless, mob-fueled hack-and-slash.

I wouldn’t mind an Expansion Pack of missions filled with each of the support cast (Rox, Braham, Taimi, Kasmeer and Marjory) that bring them to life in the way that Tybalt was in my personal story. Then maybe unique weapons, armor and what-not from each.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

And as usual in this game, the reward is not worth the time.

Yup. Going through the story got me… two blues and green. Hyperbole, but I got nothing memorable.
The same will be for the achievement rewards, if I bother to do them at all. :\
Woo, some geodes or other salvageable garbage…
And then there’s the piles of (empty) sand…

I do admit, having completed all of the achievements, that the rewards are pretty lousy. No unique skins or gear, those are based on RNGs with the Locked Chests. Which is unfortunate. The thing I liked about the Nightmare Tower (which is the point I picked the game back up since the Fractals release) was getting all of those achievements gave you the Gas Mask and later the Toxic-back piece (which I think is crappy looking but a unique skin-reward none the less). In other LS episodes, you got different kinds of back pieces – even beating Scarlet got you a unique head-skin.

Here’s to hoping the rewards improve.

I had to buy my scarf and goggles in order to craft the Mantle because I don’t like running around repeatedly hoping the next locked chest I open has something good. Gotten a few recipes but that’s it.

in Living World

spikyblackhair.4951

My feelings exactly. I’m not a fan of platforming in general, as I feel like it’s more tedium than rewarding challenge, but if they’re going to force us to do it to experience the new content, I wish they’d do it well. The aspects were one original attempt at implementing a better system, but having somewhat “sticky” walls and climbing mechanics, or even ladders, would make the platforming far less aggravating in a medium that is heavily susceptible to latency and lag issues.

I liked 2D platforming back during my childhood as much as anet, but that was because there was no needless frustration from lag, suboptimal camera angles, etc.

(edited by spikyblackhair.4951)

in Living World

Posted by: Alexander Thorsen.3147

Alexander Thorsen.3147

Big thumbs down so far..

I agree, this is really starting to get on my nerves with fighting all these vines and NO UPDATE on how each of these area’s are to be accomplished? I hate spending all day fighting those vines in Cornered section of Living World 2

in Living World

Posted by: Bilacus.6104

Bilacus.6104

Well, let’s be honest here. It’s rubbish, innit?

It’s all about moving around a small map, repeating the same timer-controlled events over and over again to gather a new current used for getting new recipes.
Beautiful and breathtaking area? It’s a brown desert.
Great story telling? Most players use Wiki and Dulfy guides to understand what’s happening and what to do. This is my biggest gripe with this game. It relies far too much on external sources for information. How many players got the diving achievement (or created a legendary weapon) without reading some guide on the Internet? How do you know what Cactus Soup is before you buy the recipe if you didn’t first Google it?
If you just play the game and go to Dry Top, how much do you understand of what’s happening, or what has happened before?

I like the GW lore and the LS story is OK, but there are better narrative techniques than grinding and googling – and the Dry Top events really take it to the next level. It’s basically a hamster wheel.

One man’s clever sig is most likely another man’s property.
And you may quote me on that.

in Living World

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

MMOs should take a look at games like Uncharted or Assassins Creed. Forget this bouncing along like a maniac on a pogo stick, and put in some actual _climbing_.

+1 to more actual climbing.

Age of Conan has climbing in it - not everywhere, of course, but it’s still there and it’s interesting. Anyone could do it as well, since it’s only restrictive in as many skill points you’d put into it (and the skill points are there to use without issue).

It’d be a nice addition to GW2, if it could be created. In future content, perhaps it could even be an alternative route to jumping in some places.

EDIT! In relation to the update itself? I believe Bilacus had it right at "hamster wheel." The sandstorms in the map make me a little sick, and although I appreciate the beauty of the map, I don’t feel inspired to work the place for the achievements I previously would’ve been after (my issues with aspect jumping and whatnot aside). There are some other things that weren’t overly enjoyable, too, but now I just feel apathetic toward the place, and have marked it down as another Southsun: somewhere that’s just not that interesting to hang around. Which is a good thing, because from what I understand, the tier system isn’t forgiving and I wouldn’t want to be wasting someone’s time by not participating in the "correct" manner. :/

It effectively boiled down to another release containing some content Not For Me™.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

(edited by Ceridwen.6703)

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I’m just going to put this here, not that I’m the one who accused you but hey, you were so why not: You’ve got a fight with arvin the chipmunk in “The Cornered” story segment that revolves around jumping, first you need to use the blue power up to get up on the platforms and if you happen to be a melee character you’re also going to have to use the purple power up to get around the 3 platforms that chipmunk constantly rotates between.

OR… you can equip a ranged weapon, stay on the initial/middle platform that you can RUN up to (no jumping at all) and just evade the AoEs and range Aerin down. Swap to melee whenever he comes back to your platform, then ranged again when he’s off to one of the other two. OK, you have to use the light dash when he shields up on the initial platform.

Honestly, there’s so little jumping involved in this, I wonder how on earth you people complaining about it even made it to this part of the game. There’s a whole lot more action going on in combat sequences or other challenges in the game; why is it that everybody clicks once the story requires you to manage a couple of jumps?
And yes, I’m only focusing on the jumps because the light dash and the lightning pull cannot be an issue.

To the OP, no you’re obviously not alone, but you’re exaggerating like all the others saying this is all jumping puzzle story.

But I love this update, and seriously, why is everybody always after rewards? There’s a new story, map, content, try playing some of it for the fun of it and listening to dialogues and exploring stuff. All this entitlement bullkitten to always receive great rewards is getting dated…

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

EDIT! In relation to the update itself? I believe Bilacus had it right at “hamster wheel.” The sandstorms in the map make me a little sick, and although I appreciate the beauty of the map, I don’t feel inspired to work the place for the achievements I previously would’ve been after…

Just a friendly tip that the sandstorm only goes on from the 40-minute mark past every hour and lasts 20 minutes. I think, possibly with the exception of the Skritt Burglar (although his chest might spawn anytime?), you can do all achievements in the map between :00 and :40 past every hour. Just a way to avoid any nausea caused by the sandstorm.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Living World

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

EDIT! In relation to the update itself? I believe Bilacus had it right at “hamster wheel.” The sandstorms in the map make me a little sick, and although I appreciate the beauty of the map, I don’t feel inspired to work the place for the achievements I previously would’ve been after…

Just a friendly tip that the sandstorm only goes on from the 40-minute mark past every hour and lasts 20 minutes. I think, possibly with the exception of the Skritt Burglar (although his chest might spawn anytime?), you can do all achievements in the map between :00 and :40 past every hour. Just a way to avoid any nausea caused by the sandstorm.

Cheers, that’s appreciated. I’m just not sure I’m inclined to revisit the place regardless. Although, my OCD map completion tick is twitching. I may do it one day yet. At least that’s possible this time around!

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in Living World

Posted by: Rukh.9287

Rukh.9287

movement on the vertical axis is an obvious next step for mmo’s as a genre

God I hope not. If it is, I’m done with MMOs.

in Living World

spikyblackhair.4951

seriously, why is everybody always after rewards? There’s a new story, map, content, try playing some of it for the fun of it and listening to dialogues and exploring stuff.

You don’t seem to have read through much of the forum, so I’ll sum it up quickly. To the points you mentioned, the new map is small enough to explore thoroughly in less than an hour, the dialogues are randomly cycled instead of activated so you are forced to stand in the same spot doing nothing for an extended period of time to hear it all, and many people are not too thrilled with the story so far. Lack of meaningful rewards and the jumping gripes are only two pieces of the puzzle. It’s great that this bit of content puts you over the moon, but I and some others just don’t see why.

in Living World

Posted by: ugdup.2371

ugdup.2371

You guys are the minority.
Most people loved this new content.

If you don’t, there’s nothing stopping you from switching to another game.

Or you could take some time and actually learn how to jump properly.
It’s actually not hard. At all.

Love this new map. I hope we get alot more like this.

in Living World

spikyblackhair.4951

This probably won’t help, but just as a piece of life advice, getting an attitude just because people disagree with you leads to stagnation, not improvement.

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

So far, I’m enjoying the new LS2. Dry Top isn’t a huge area, but it’s only the first chapter! There’s a teaser for the next chapter and it appears to have more areas, so hold your horses.

And while Dry Top isn’t the biggest, it does have a fair number of events taking place. Not to mention it’s got more z-axis wandering than any other zone, so its size is deceiving. And it changes a bit every 40 mins thanks to a sandstorm. Chest running, events, jumping puzzle, exploration, story…it’s got a bit of everything.

My only gripe is I wish I could skip the long batches of dialogue when redoing the story instances for achievements.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Living World

Posted by: Mike.5091

Mike.5091

I like the Story and how it’s told.

Some of the achievements are annoying after a few tries though, so I’m probably not gonna do them (for now).

in Living World

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

How is what you do in AC “climbing”? There’s nothing you do. Climbing is as meaningful and interactive as walking forward. You might as well not have it (the biggest issue with AC is that it’s core design component is entirely redundant :P ).

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Living World

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

1/10 epic fail.

Yup, it takes a mere 5 minutes to write dialogue, create concept art for environments, render said environment, make said environment playable, etc.

Yes, totally 5 minutes.

in Living World

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I went to Dry Top for the first time 2 days ago, completed the story instance, opened the wp’s but will never go back there again.

I don’t like jumping puzzles and the aspect travel got very boring for me soon after the first time it was introduced last year.

Oh and the first npc dialogue or story content I see with the word ‘Scarlet’ in it, I skip over or tune out.

So yeah, LS 2 lost me in first few lines of dialogue.
The content is not worth giving a score.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Living World

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I don’t like jumping puzzles and the aspect travel got very boring for me soon after the first time it was introduced last year.

I’m not a fan of JPs either. That being said, there’s actually very little jumping that needs to be done in Dry Top. The aspect skills are minimally needed to reach only a couple spots (aside from the actual jumping puzzle). Most of what’s there is on the ground.

So yeah, LS 2 lost me in first few lines of dialogue.
The content is not worth giving a score.

Glad you didn’t give it a score. I think it’d be jumping the gun a bit considering this is only the very first of many 2-week installments.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Living World

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

This content is just ‘meh.’ Dry Top features some pretty unfriendly terrain, with all the jumping and arbitrarily placed Aspects. I’m competent enough at jumping, I just don’t enjoy it. The aspects are pretty fun in small doses, but there’s a little bit too much of ‘em in this area for my tastes. The whole thing just feels gimmicky like it’s intended to slow us down and detract from the map’s limited area and lack of content (Tossing kites into a basket? Kittening seriously).

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I liked it, but I’m a self proclaimed casual who prefers content that is enjoyable, with moderate challenge. I guess the hardcore crowd won’t be happy until GW2 implements WoW style raids and gear grinding.
Well I guess we all like different things. Some prefer to master the current mechanics (thus posses an inherent love of grind the same type of content over and over until they beat it), but I’m glad ANet implemented some puzzles using the aspect abilities because it’s something different (novel experiences that I can enjoy. I’ve been playing the game for a while so something new and refreshing was in order). The newest patch gave me that. However I guess I can sort of see the other sides complaints, although I can’t really sympathize since I’m not sure GW2 ever provided what they seem to want.

in Living World

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

This probably won’t help, but just as a piece of life advice, getting an attitude just because people disagree with you leads to stagnation, not improvement.

Now if only people on both sides of this pointless bickering would learn this lesson…

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’