sloppy or intended? (SPOILERS)

in Living World

Posted by: nassaya.7109

nassaya.7109

Q:

I wanted to post this all day but wasn’t sure to do so but i did anyway. Last week we had the centaur camp. Now again and easy to get location but out of the map, i’ll add some pics laten on. But are these locations intended to get to or are the map designers just sloppy with boundries. Myself would say intented becourse with the aspects around are just to easy to use and get out of the map. For the ones who do not know how to get there it’s above vine bridge waypoint and a person uses the jump aspect behind the wall of uncharted uplands, and jump your way up behind the vine bridge waypoint.

Now some pics beware spoilers

Attachments:

Nassaya Shadowheart lvl. 80 Necro
Nassaya Fireheart lvl. 80 Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – Guardians of the Dutch [GOTD]

in Living World

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

take note of the inquest camp / inquest gate at the bottom of the canyon there.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Living World

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

We are obviously intended to go there later. Its not really sloppy, considering how big the map is. And how easy it is to jump on top of things.

I just think that with the thousands of players swarming the map trying to break it, it is hard to make a map that solid within that time frame.

Players demand > developers supply

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Living World

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Also, there is the fact that the Map is supposed to open up over time, so they might be a bit loose with the “boundries”

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Where the heck was the green one from? What was giving off the light?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Living World

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Are you talking about his staff? That room is just full of vines and there is a stone wall that looks like it might be a doorway or something. Perhaps it will be smashed down.

in Living World

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I’d say it’s intended. They know the curious are going to use the aspects to try and get past the boundaries, so they deliberately left a few things around for us to come here and speculate about.

Working as intended.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

in Living World

nassaya.7109

@ Skullmount The tentical room is on the edge of the map where my char is parked atm while taking the last screenshot. The glow comes from my staff so nothing special there.

@Zietlogik I have seen the inquest room in the sinkhole with the door to somewhere.

@Tanith I do share that same thoughts. But makes me worder if this breakout is the one to come next episode. The last breakout was what we got this week.

Cheers,
Nassaya.

in Living World

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Are you talking about his staff? That room is just full of vines and there is a stone wall that looks like it might be a doorway or something. Perhaps it will be smashed down.

Not the staff (I know its the zodiac one). I mean the light lower than it, around hip height in the picture.

@ Skullmount The tentical room is on the edge of the map where my char is parked atm while taking the last screenshot. The glow comes from my staff so nothing special there.

@Zietlogik I have seen the inquest room in the sinkhole with the door to somewhere.

@Tanith I do share that same thoughts. But makes me worder if this breakout is the one to come next episode. The last breakout was what we got this week.

Cheers,
Nassaya.

See picture
To the other stuff

According to what that_shaman and others found the map is still only about 2/3 (maybe ?) released

Attachments:

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in Living World

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

take note of the inquest camp / inquest gate at the bottom of the canyon there.

Speaking of which:

Also note the small camp which does actually have some things within it:

Attachments:

in Living World

nassaya.7109

@Skullmount Ahhh that dunno ^^ But that spot lies direct next to Ventari’s refuge if you use the map of That_Shaman http://zoom.it/MCkj5 So Maybe just Maybe we have a centaur capital there. ^^ A big fragging city full of horsemen and women.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Hard to consider it sloppy when during Gates of Meguuma folks could get into the Centaur camp. Low and behold it was in the next section of the map. I like knowing there’s more ahead. Hopefully the next section is bigger than Entangle was which itself was about two-times larger than GoM!

in Living World

nassaya.7109

Hard to consider it sloppy when during Gates of Meguuma folks could get into the Centaur camp. Low and behold it was in the next section of the map. I like knowing there’s more ahead. Hopefully the next section is bigger than Entangle was which itself was about two-times larger than GoM!

I also think it’s intented and like i said in another thread, the one that made this on surface from 4 pages away ^^. ATM every week we get a sneak preview for whats to come, and it’s ridiculous easy to get out of the map with the aspects. And what another said their are allot of people here who want to break the map. But i think we wil get the north part also from the map. Altho this is speculation from my part the door in the sinkhole where the inquest camp may lead to the other side of the map. The rock walls are extreamly high in the oasis do we may go underneath it. Also if you watch the youtube movie from That_Shaman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ve30SX2ZIY posted he might be in the corridoor behind that door. And this screenshot i took 2 weeks ago this might be the total size of the map.

Cheers,
Nassaya.

Attachments:

in Living World

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

The maps are incomplete, most players will never get there via the crystals (no reason to, some challenge in doing so). It’s just a consequence of working on a dead line and not having time to create invisible walls in every location you can get to.

I think they are cautious enough to ensure big details don’t leak out (the centaur camp was empty, so no events, hostile mobs or NPC dialogue to be seen). All in all it’s relatively minor stuff and no big reveals seem to be happening. I wouldn’t call it sloppy or intended, just a trivial consequence to releasing a map in small chunks (which is a great idea) but managed by mostly limiting which parts of the map can be loaded in each release. So far it’s just the environment, which does give hints but nothing too spoilerish.