what will happen to Trahearne ?

in Living World

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Q:

is he going crazy ?

if not will he continue commanding the pact ?

or he will resign…. or get killed/arrested by the other nations ?

if thats so who is gonna command the pact ?

Rytlock ? or maybe the PC ?

in Living World

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Commander, rally to me!

Personally I dislike the Pact – it took away the idenities of the Orders which were blurry enough to begin with. Hopefully divisions within the Pact and the Orders can develop and they can reestablish themselves

(edited by Randulf.7614)

in Living World

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

If he survived the crash, I don’t think him of all people would go crazy. The Pale Tree still lives, and she shields the Sylvari of the Dream from Mordremoth’s influence. Trahearne is a Sylvari of the Dream, so I don’t really expect him to “go evil” unless the Pale Tree dies.
I imagine that the destruction of the Pact will do a huge damage to his already fragile self-esteem. Yeah, the Pact is pretty much gone. Most of their equipment and soldiers lost, and their Marshal won’t be trusted by the other races anymore. I believe that no one is going to command it because it simply won’t exist anymore.

PS.: About being killed/arrested by the other nations, I would expect the PC to step in and to not let it happen. Canonically, he is one of the PC’s best friends, after all. I know that he just have to say “Commander, to me” and I will trot to his side at any time :T

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Living World

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

PS.: About being killed/arrested by the other nations, I would expect the PC to step in and to not let it happen. Canonically, he is one of the PC’s best friends, after all. I know that he just have to say “Commander, to me” and I will trot to his side at any time :T

I am not sure how well the PC is going to be able to save him if he or she is sylvari also. My biggest concern about the content to follow is that sylvari PCs will be treated just like they were humans so anet doesn’t have to script anything “extra”.

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

in Living World

Posted by: TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

that also worries me that their going be lazy and not make it different for sylvari pcs
kinda want my character to be treated with distrust and hate along with possible threats in his lifejust like Canach and rest will, it would make the story feel more immersive and interesting

my fate is my own, I will not be Mordremoth’s slave!- Ezonos Nightbriar

in Living World

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Trahern died. His last words were “FIRE!”

in Living World

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Commander, rally to me!

Personally I dislike the Pact – it took away the idenities of the Orders which were blurry enough to begin with. Hopefully divisions within the Pact and the Orders can develop and they can reestablish themselves

Aye. I agree

I hope this was a clever way to do away with the Pact. It was too convenient. It was too easy. The Pact was this monolith with untold resources and bodies at its disposal. I think the Races and Orders are far more interesting.

I think that the alliances should be maintained but more attention focused to the Races and Orders. If I go into pure-wishlist-mode, I hope they take a page out of the GW:Factions split Kurzick/Luxon campaign.

There is no reason the Orders can’t work towards the same goal with different missions along the way. Imo, the Pact is boring. It served a purpose with Zhaitan; it showed Tyria that together, they could fight and defeat the dragons.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

in Living World

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Between the Pale Tree’s protection and Caladbolg, Trehearne is probably extremely resistant if not outright immune to Mordremoth’s influence. At least that’d be my guess. So I certainly don’t expect him to become corrupted.

And I honestly hope Anet doesn’t go that route, as I feel it would probably just be caving in to all the people who “hate him” and want him dead for “taking over” the personal story. “Well, OK, he’s corrupted now, kill away!”.

As for the leadership of the Pact… no idea there. At the moment he’s likely stranded with whatever other characters survived the failed Mordremoth assault, so at the very least he’ll likely be “replaced” temporarily. Though with who, I don’t know. I suppose maybe the player could be given temporary command.

In the long-term, could Trehearne get removed from the Pact for either his failed attack on Mordremoth or growing suspicions of Sylvari? Perhaps. Or he could be kept on for the same reason as he was initially given the leadership position to begin with, because after the attack he might have great insight into Modremoth and how he works.

in Living World

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Possibilities:
1. He’s dead.
2. He’s alive and uncorrupted, in which case he will be a major figure in the fight against Mordy.
3. He’s alive and has been corrupted. In which case he’ll almost certainly be a major bad guy/boss in the coming storyline.

in Living World

Posted by: Confused.5281

Confused.5281

The only thing we can be absolutely certain of is that… this won’t end well.

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Fear not this plight! Trahearne will be fine. My sylvari necro doesn’t even know what the Pale Tree is, and he’s doing just fine! Of course he’s not been to the Silverwastes yet, but still. Ask him how he’s doing and he’ll say, “FINE!”

Attachments:

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Gabby.3205

I am not sure how well the PC is going to be able to save him if he or she is sylvari also. My biggest concern about the content to follow is that sylvari PCs will be treated just like they were humans so anet doesn’t have to script anything “extra”.

Yeah, I am afraid of that, too.
We can at least try to save him by fighting anyone that tries to harm him, though.

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

Okay first of all the PC is a very very influential hero no matter the race and he is also one of the strongest if not the strongest non dragon champion or non-Diety the races have. Lets not forget that the PC saved the leadership of the races by defeating a Dragon Champion and forcing his army to retreat. I think if they use a cool head they will realize that will bring more problems if they make him a enemy.

in Living World

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I’ll be inviting Trahearne over for a nice cup of tea and a sit down. I’ll even provide cake.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

in Living World

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

Clearly there will be a dungeon to kill Mordremoth in, the last quest before that Trahearne becomes evil and you have to kill him, masses of players rejoice and forgive the Zahtan ending.

Public Relations coup!

HOD since beta

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I hope he died. He totally screwed up.

in Living World

Gabby.3205

I hope he died. He totally screwed up.

I don’t think he was the one that screwed up.
If only Caithe or the Pale Tree had told him about the true nature of the Sylvari, he most likely wouldn’t have taken Sylvari to the attack (he didn’t turn on the DE, so it seems that he is immune). The vines would still destroy many of the ships, but at least they would fight them instead of worrying about fighting their own soldiers.

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

He’s going to pull a Prince Rurik and you have to kill his corrupted form before taking on Mordremoth.

in Living World

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Sorry, but Caithe has nothing to do with this…. Moving a whole fleet to unscouted location and start canon fire on enemies hidden below the soil isn’t very smart.

My hope still stands.

in Living World

Gabby.3205

Sorry, but Caithe has nothing to do with this…. Moving a whole fleet to unscouted location and start canon fire on enemies hidden below the soil isn’t very smart.

My hope still stands.

We don’t know that scouts were not send before he moved the fleet to that location. There was a lot of time for doing that, and really, if he didn’t send scouts, then how did he know where to open fire?

And I suppose that he was trying to make the dragon come out by shooting the ground, which makes sense since you can’t expect the Pact to fight something that is underground.

What went wrong with the attack was that Sylvari Pact soldiers started to attack other Pact soldiers, and that was pretty much Caithe’s fault for not telling Trahearne. This bit of information could have saved a lot of people.

You can argue that the attack would fail either way and that the dragon would bring the ships down without taking control of any soldiers, but that is something that we can only speculate about.

I hope he is alive and that he won’t be corrupted, because I really like him. Also, nobody talked about this, but I seriously hope Laranthir of the Wild wasn’t there.

Tarnished Coast

in Living World

Posted by: dirtynwah.3851

dirtynwah.3851

When we were fighting Zhaitan we were being pretty smart, taking down dragon’s source of troops and food supply and all that before hitting the main forces.
Same Pact with same marshal these days:
FIYAAH

All I can say in Trahearne’s defence – circumstances are a bit different, we have a fresh awakened dragon that is right at our doorstep this time.

in Living World

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Also in Trahearne’s defense, he probably didn’t expect Mordremoth to be capable of retaliating in such a dramatic fashion. All previous experience has shown that the giant vines were not capable of attacking airships cruising at combat altitude (they needed to come down low in order to be below the cloud cover and coordinate fire properly). Even so, the battle would probably not have been a complete disaster had the Sylvari complement of the Pact not gone insane like they had and attacked from within.

in Living World

Posted by: Silalus.8760

Silalus.8760

3. He’s alive and has been corrupted. In which case he’ll almost certainly be a major bad guy/boss in the coming storyline.

Sarah Kerrigan, is that you?

Wait, no Arthas? Sylvannas? Diablo?

in Living World

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

When we were fighting Zhaitan we were being pretty smart, taking down dragon’s source of troops and food supply and all that before hitting the main forces.
Same Pact with same marshal these days:
FIYAAH

All I can say in Trahearne’s defence – circumstances are a bit different, we have a fresh awakened dragon that is right at our doorstep this time.

Also in Trahearne’s defense, he probably didn’t expect Mordremoth to be capable of retaliating in such a dramatic fashion. All previous experience has shown that the giant vines were not capable of attacking airships cruising at combat altitude (they needed to come down low in order to be below the cloud cover and coordinate fire properly). Even so, the battle would probably not have been a complete disaster had the Sylvari complement of the Pact not gone insane like they had and attacked from within.

I’m going to agree with these two.

With Zhaitan, the “fly above and blast everything to cinders” approach would have worked. I’m sure Trahearne was ready for flying opponents, which is how Zhaitan would have had to deal with such an attack.

We need to remember that Trahearne isn’t really a military commander in mindset. He was put as leader against Zhaitan because he was the one that had studied the dragon and its forces the most, and all could agree that they trusted him. We can’t really be surprised that he assumed that the same tactics would work this time, he was out of his depth. He’s just so used to being out of his depth that he didn’t realize that this time was different.

It’s easy to blame Trahearne for this one, but in hindsight a lot of people missed the obvious and lead to this happening, not just him.

As for what happens to him now? I’m sure he’s alive, but I suspect that he’ll have to hand over Caladbog (sp?), then retreat. Mordremoth has influence over minds. I’m guessing he can control sylvari at longer range, but as we draw closer, ANYONE will be at risk. Caladbog will give us something to use for protection (even if we don’t swing it around) for us and those close to us, allowing a small group to get in and try to take Mord out, Destiny’s Edge style.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

in Living World

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Ye know, I think I mentioned a while back in a different thread about Trahearne being an agent of Mordy…ah here we go

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/This-guy-1/first#post4289724

in Living World

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Well my personal demented fantasy is just finding him somewhere in the middle of an airship crashside impaled on a sharp piece of metal with an expression of terror frozen on his face.

Another option id settle with is a 1 vs 1, face to face fight with him as he got corrupted and getting his sword as a trophy… cause im still sour he got a sword to be the epic hero and i didnt get kitten. I dont even like the sword, im not even a darn sylvari or even can use the sword on my main but i did the darn work and annoyed zhaitan to death with fireworks so i deserve that darn sword.

And a-net.. if you let him die DONT let him die a martyr to save my behind…cause this is not acceptable

in Living World

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

Yeah, the Pact is pretty much gone. Most of their equipment and soldiers lost, and their Marshal won’t be trusted by the other races anymore. I believe that no one is going to command it because it simply won’t exist anymore.

We do not know how much of the Pact survived. There is still Pact in Orr and the three Orders are still intact.

As for strategy, a lot of people seem to think Trahearne’s attack plan was foolish. However, attacking your enemy with an all out strike that consumes enormous resources is a time-tested way to quickly win a war. It would prevent Mordremoth’s version of the Rise of Orr or the Dragonbrand. Here are historical examples of how well it works:

The Battle of Manila- this one action which risked most of the US Pacific fleet crushed all hopes of the Spanish holding the Philippines in a single military action.

The Battle of Waterloo – the British stopped the next Napoleonic War before it started.

The Battle of Gaugemela – Alexander the Great took the western half of the Persian Empire.

The Battle of Vienna – kingdoms from all over Europe committed their armies to this action which broke the back of Turkish expansion in Europe.

The Battle of Kazan – the Russians hired Dutch engineers to attack a numerically and otherwise technologically superior enemy in a great fortress. Russia won Siberia in a single military action.

This action can also result in disaster:

Gaugemela and Vienna were disasters for the losing side.

The Battle of Cannae – the Romans attacked Hannibal with the largest army they could muster and overwhelming force. Many of Rome’s top officials came to join in the slaughter of the Carthagian army… But Hannibal won and the Roman Empire nearly collapsed.

The Battle of Tsushima – the Russians attempted to destroy the Japanese navy in a decisive action after the Japanese had lost several of their best ships. The Japanese won, and they dictated a new piece on their terms.

Trahearne’s actions made sense. He could not have predicted many of the Sylvari would turn on the Pact and Mordremoth was apparently better prepared than anyone realized. Based on information from the rise of 4 dragons, Mordremoth should not have been very strong at the time of the attack. It was a good idea that went poorly…

Of course, ANet did it to serve the story. I feel LS season 2 was very well done.

in Living World

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What will happen?

Sacrifice for the greater good so the Pale Tree’s protection over the sylvari race can be reinforced and set up a final blow against Mordremoth and any sylvari its corruption has twisted.

. . . what? Look, it’s not my fault if you don’t read ahead in the script.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Yeah, the Pact is pretty much gone. Most of their equipment and soldiers lost, and their Marshal won’t be trusted by the other races anymore. I believe that no one is going to command it because it simply won’t exist anymore.

The Battle of Waterloo – the British stopped the next Napoleonic War before it started.

It was only a decisive victory for the coalition because Prussia arrived on the flank just in time to save Wellington. If it weren’t for them, England would have likely suffered a major defeat. It wasn’t an all out commitment of manpower and resources either. None of the Napoleonic era battles were a total commitment of forces. Napoleon’s, rather masterful, advance on the third coalition forces, resulting in their defeat and the end of the coalition, was as close to a total commitment of forces during the era but even then he never committed all of his forces in any one battle.

You could consider the battle of Midway to be a such a battle though. Japan committed all of their aircraft carriers to one battle and lost almost all of them.

in Living World

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

What if…….

Trahearne, after falling in the totally unsuccessful attack agaisnt mordremoth falls further to its corruption….

HoT starts with the PC identifying a horrific, tragic yet community satisfying task…

Trahearne must be tracked down and killed before he becomes the dragons new champion. Duh duh dummmb.

(edited by Parlourbeatflex.5970)

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

What if…….

Trahearne, after falling in the totally unsuccessful attack agaisnt mordremoth falls further to its corruption….

HoT starts with the PC identifying a horrific, tragic yet community satisfying task…

Trahearne must be tracked down and killed before he becomes the dragons new champion. Duh duh dummmb.

If this happens I’ll call foul and put up a post saying “ANet changed it to give the players what they want – a dead Trahearne”.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in Living World

Palador.2170

If this happens I’ll call foul and put up a post saying “ANet changed it to give the players what they want – a dead Trahearne”.

I’m going to agree.

Aside from maybe the player character (if sylvari), Trahearne should be the single best protected sylvari in Tyria. He is the first born of the Firstborn, the Pale Tree’s favorite, and carries her power in sword form. He is the last one she’d let slip away, she’d have to be destroyed first.

I can see him falling back and handing over the sword to protect us, and maybe giving in to doubt after this, but I can’t see him being corrupted and becoming a target. It shouldn’t happen.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’m going to agree.

Aside from maybe the player character (if sylvari), Trahearne should be the single best protected sylvari in Tyria. He is the first born of the Firstborn, the Pale Tree’s favorite, and carries her power in sword form. He is the last one she’d let slip away, she’d have to be destroyed first.

I can see him falling back and handing over the sword to protect us, and maybe giving in to doubt after this, but I can’t see him being corrupted and becoming a target. It shouldn’t happen.

I actually see him using the sword’s power much as he did in Orr to “repair” a corrupted Pale Tree, or maybe even to free all sylvari from Mordremoth’s influence – but it’s too much for the sword and its power is exhausted afterwards, so is he and a teragriff pounces in that moment before we can protect him and . . .

Well, off with his head of lettuce.

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Trahearne is not a character I particularly like, but I’d rather see him fade into the background of the story than be killed off. That just seems kind of unnecessary. He could just retire to Orr and focus on fulfilling the Pact goals there rather than personally leading the charge against every dragon.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Trahearne is not a character I particularly like, but I’d rather see him fade into the background of the story than be killed off. That just seems kind of unnecessary. He could just retire to Orr and focus on fulfilling the Pact goals there rather than personally leading the charge against every dragon.

He can’t do it now though or that’s just as much character as- . . . murder . . . as actually killing him off.

in Living World

Palador.2170

He can’t do it now though or that’s just as much character as- . . . murder . . . as actually killing him off.

It depends on how it’s done. If he falls back and admits that it was a mistake to think his experience with the Orrian dragon makes him the best leader against all of them, then he can return to Orr and follow his Wild Hunt while still being called in to give advice when needed. And given recent events, I think a lot of sylvari might go with him, Orr’s about as removed from Mord as they can get right now, it might actually be the safest place they can go.

Having him fall back, but keeping him important to the storyline, would be a good way to go.

in Living World

Posted by: Anakita Snakecharm.4360

Anakita Snakecharm.4360

I don’t see why. Trahearne has consistently acknowledged he’s a scholar first and foremost, not a fighter. It seems to me like the better part of valor for him to focus on what he knows best, and let someone else take on a role he’s admittedly not well suited for. Trahearne would probably be of more use to the Pact finding ways to fix the aftermath in Orr than leading battles.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t see why. Trahearne has consistently acknowledged he’s a scholar first and foremost, not a fighter. It seems to me like the better part of valor for him to focus on what he knows best, and let someone else take on a role he’s admittedly not well suited for. Trahearne would probably be of more use to the Pact finding ways to fix the aftermath in Orr than leading battles.

It’s a matter of timing, which is why I used the word “now” in there. He’s started this thing, and the correct timing for him to have stepped out of the Pact leadership was before starting to take it to Mordremoth.

. . . because right now there’s only one person who could step in and have it be believable to us as players – us. And we have WAY more important things to be doing.

in Living World

Palador.2170

It’s a matter of timing, which is why I used the word “now” in there. He’s started this thing, and the correct timing for him to have stepped out of the Pact leadership was before starting to take it to Mordremoth.

. . . because right now there’s only one person who could step in and have it be believable to us as players – us. And we have WAY more important things to be doing.

True, but we don’t have Trahearne “now”, either. Someone’s going to have to take charge of what’s left of the Pact, and while we’re the obvious first pick, it can’t really be us. So, it will be someone else, and by the time Trahearne is found I’m sure that other person will be an obvious choice for Trahearne to turn his rank over to.

in Living World

Tobias Trueflight.8350

True, but we don’t have Trahearne “now”, either. Someone’s going to have to take charge of what’s left of the Pact, and while we’re the obvious first pick, it can’t really be us. So, it will be someone else, and by the time Trahearne is found I’m sure that other person will be an obvious choice for Trahearne to turn his rank over to.

It’ll be Taimi.

in Living World

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

He will be part of the recipe for Ascended Salad food.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Living World

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

It’ll be Taimi.

Braham. Taking the fight to Mordremoth.

The table is a fable.

in Living World

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They can’t kill any of the chars that are in the personal story. The game requires them to still be ingame for that for all the people that haven’t done it. If they die then people who are doing both Living Story and personal story will have them both dead and alive.

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

Well, technically they can. Canonically the Personal Story takes place a full year (or thereabouts) prior to the Living Story. (Zhaitan is dead by the start of the Living Story, for example.) It’s a bit flexible, but generally anything the player does in the open world, PS or dungeons should be considered as taking place in the past.

in Living World

Astral Projections.7320

Well, technically they can. Canonically the Personal Story takes place a full year (or thereabouts) prior to the Living Story. (Zhaitan is dead by the start of the Living Story, for example.) It’s a bit flexible, but generally anything the player does in the open world, PS or dungeons should be considered as taking place in the past.

I can see it causing confusion. You could have new people who get to 80 without doing the personal story or just a few chapters, do the Living Story, get past the point where an Iconic died, then go inside one of the offices and there the dead person is. With dialog and all.

If they kill any or all of them they might need to remove them from their offices or have a warning at entrance that you are going into the past.

in Living World

Zaxares.5419

I’d say the latter. We had that back in GW1 where, if you did the early missions, you got a warning saying, “You are about to view events that took place in the past.”

Besides, wouldn’t it already be confusing with people doing the Living Story before the Personal Story and wondering why everybody was calling them “Commander”? Or saying, “There’s Zhaitan’s killer!”

in Living World

Astral Projections.7320

If they haven’t done the personal story but are aware that it involves killing Zhaitan then references to them killing Zhaitan can be understood. Most people I assume are aware that the original story is about killing him.

If they don’t know that Trahearne (for example) is part of the personal story, suddenly finding him alive in an room somewhere could be a confusing moment, as well as an apparent logical fail, as they don’t know he is there as part of that story.

But a warning where it tells them before entrance that they are entering an instance that takes place in the past could work.

in Living World

Posted by: Ronin.7381

Ronin.7381

Hm, even though they’re still using still-images to illustrate the story – I think him kind of vanishes is a clue here. While I do think with the Pale Tree still alive somewhat, I wonder if he’ll go evil and through him there’s some way to establish one’s connection back with the tree. Hard to say, it seemed pretty ominous that in a shot of the army approaching Eir, Zoijia, and Logan he was nowhere to be seen. Trahearn isn’t one to back down from a fight by what we know of him so far and would die where he stood.

The other possible outcome is he died but they would have made that a big deal. He’s not a rogue so sifting back into safety to strike from the rear is highly unlikely for his character. Despite being a tactition, espionage doesn’t seem to be his line of work – rather he directs people to do it but not he himself.

in Living World

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

He’s going to pull a Prince Rurik and you have to kill his corrupted form before taking on Mordremoth.

I like this one! A lot!

I think that’s a possibility. Or, If he proves resistant though, and kills his own corrupted troops/friends it might not be enough, if he isn’t corrupted now, many might consider it only a matter of time, or that he’s a spy and led the pact into the attack on Mordremoth’s wishes.

So I think it very likely he wouldn’t be commander any longer, it would probably be considered too risky having a Sylvari leading the pact.

If he becomes Mordremoth’s champion, well I think he’d make a good one, I’ve always thought Trahearne had the capacity to go bad and be very chilling at it. Eloquent, and intelligent villains are a lot more interesting than babbling insane ginger roots or endless swarms of enemies to me.

Imagine what he might say if he became the voice of Mordremoth, became a speaker for the dragon and actually gave some sense of ‘this is how the elder dragon Mordremoth sees things’.

(Gavin was one of the best Nightmare Court Npcs because he didn’t act like a one dimensional villain. He was doing horrible things but he really believed he was helping to free the Sylvari from outside/false influences. So that they might truly be themselves. He had a personal code and sense of honor and even though he did despicable things and was the bad guy, he still had likeable qualities. He was a villain you could sympathize with and understand where he was coming from and his arguments were compelling, even though you disagreed and knew he had to be stopped. One of my favorite stories in all of the personal stories.)

If Trahearne did become corrupted there is no (known) cure, based on the many comments that once a sylvari falls into “Nightmare” they cannot be cured, and it might lead to some very interesting possible resolutions; An attempt to cure, a mercy killing at the hands of the pc, a not so merciful killing at the hands of the pc after a big battle, certain Asuran scholars representing the priory (or maybe even the Inquest if they find him after the crash first) conduct experiments on him that would make Vorpp green with envy for ‘Science and the Greater Good of defeating Mordremoth.’ Maybe before Trahearne has utterly lost himself in corruption, in a brief moment of clarity, he asks to be studied for ‘Science and the Greater Good of defeating Mordremoth.’ The story could go many ways.

If he still carries Caladbolg will that help him resist corruption or just draw Mordremoth’s attention to him? As a weapon it would seem to be a tasty magic imbued artifact of the sort any dragon would want to consume. Especially a dragon who might be unahppy that the Pale Tree isn’t producing an army for Mordremoth. A dragon who might find corrupting one (or yet another?) of her first born, into a champion wielding Caladbolg against her as a justly deserved service.

Does his ability to cleanse orr help him resist Mordremoth or was his connection to that dragon by being a Sylvari what aided him in defeating another Elder Dragon? Resistant or not I think Trahearne is in for a lot of suspicion if he survives the crash. And I hope he does, he hardly deserves to die in such a cut scene, none of those NPCs do.

Things look like they could get very interesting with the big reveal about Sylvari for both the npcs and pcs and I’m really looking forward to how it plays out.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

(edited by Vespertilionidae.5018)