when will LA be fixed again?

in Living World

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

So we all know that LA is kinda dead sins the Battle of Lions Arch last year.
I beleave it was somewere in march 2014 when LA got under attack. From that point we saw worker npc’s with hammers fixing bridges and such.
We have a day and night ingame system. 1 day and night ingame is like 2 hours in real life = 12 ingame days for each day in real life. 1 year in real life has 365 days. 365 × 12 = 4380 days ingame. Were is this living world concept arenanet is talking about when npc’s can’t even manage to fix a bridge? Ingame the npc’s working on it for at least 12years ingame (i think its even more I didnt calculate the exact numbers) LA was a place were everyone comes together. A place were you can’t stay afk while waiting for a Q. Or just talk with random about everything. Everything that you need was in LA close to each other, bank, to, crafting stations. It was a good place. Then arenanet decides to destroys this community place by destroying it. Everyone loved LA. I accept that in the hope LA will be restored soon. Then I lost all my hope when they introduced the megaservers. Now months later its still a dead map. Ehhh are you guys planning to fix LA soon? Were is the love?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Living World

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

And my English sux – I’m still learning it

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Living World

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

The ambient dialogue in Fort Mariner feels like it’s pointing at a change in LA. There’s a sequence with the Hero-Tron that starts off with Captain Magnus being chewed out by a citizen for the city still being such a mess. There’s mention of people abandoning the city altogether, more refugees arriving, and possible riots.

Hero-Tron has been hired to give jobs to the people of LA, which sounds like Tyria’s own version of the WPA. He’s also being blackmailed into serving as Evon Gnashblade’s informant, but that’s another story…

I’m hoping this all points to a rebuilding of LA in HoT.

in Living World

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

The ambient dialogue in Fort Mariner feels like it’s pointing at a change in LA. There’s a sequence with the Hero-Tron that starts off with Captain Magnus being chewed out by a citizen for the city still being such a mess. There’s mention of people abandoning the city altogether, more refugees arriving, and possible riots.

Hero-Tron has been hired to give jobs to the people of LA, which sounds like Tyria’s own version of the WPA. He’s also being blackmailed into serving as Evon Gnashblade’s informant, but that’s another story…

I’m hoping this all points to a rebuilding of LA in HoT.

I was actually gonna start a topic asking about LA being fixed, you pretty much semi-answered a question I had: “is the rebuilding of LA be relevant in HoT?” My guess is that we MAY have the option to help Hero-tron, maybe as “filler” for those who did not buy the xpac right away? I actually had a funny dream on how we could help reconstruct the city. Or maybe its going to be season 3 of Living World? Im pretty sure this topic will be addressed once HoT is released since I believe Anet has confirmed only to release holiday events and since the rebuilding LA seems to be a story arc.

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

LA is not dead?

There is already confirmation that SOMETHING will happen with LA with or before HoT.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: Equilibriator.8741

Equilibriator.8741

Is it really that surprising that hitting a broken bridge with a hammer, for days on end, doesn’t fix it?

Seeing all the workers in LA is like watching a toddler pretend to be a builder.

in Living World

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Somewhat side-stepping the topic, I don’t think we will see L.A. back to the levels of player camping outside the bank as it used to be, even if there were various parts of it fixed.

On the other hand, I’m almost certain there will be a new ‘hub’ city in HoT. Most likely, the Golden City of the may-or-may-not-be Mursaat. All it takes is one central new waypoint with all the services around it and you will have people flocking there.

Not to mention, as map explorers have seen, there are very few waypoints in the new HoT areas..

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Living World

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Wait, is it only me who doesn’t see any tools on the workers’ hands? They have NO hammers when I look at them.
I prefer LA the way it is now, wouldn’t mind if they fixed its appearence but keeping new banks and TP places.

in Living World

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

LA is not dead?

There is already confirmation that SOMETHING will happen with LA with or before HoT.

Can you link to your source please?

in Living World

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

LA is not dead?

One of the Youtube personalities interviews with Collin, looking for it now.
Think it was BogOtter.
Here is one, not the one I was thinking of though :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxZ8_51ieo

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

in Living World

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

To be honest, I’m kind of shocked it hasn’t been fixed already.

Gone to Reddit.

in Living World

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

LA is not dead?

One of the Youtube personalities interviews with Collin, looking for it now.
Think it was BogOtter.
Here is one, not the one I was thinking of though :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoxZ8_51ieo

That’s not really so much a confirmation as much as someone reading into the Colin-smile which is somewhat reminiscent of the Mona Lisa in that it could mean any number of things

in Living World

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

I want LA to be fixed, but I don’t want it to be anything like it was before, or like it is now. It’s time for big, sweeping changes for the region, otherwise the catastrophe’s will seem pointless in the end.

in Living World

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I think we need to hire motivational speaker. Those workers are not getting the job done. I mean, some of them show up for work without tools!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Living World

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m tired of seeing LA in ruins and I don’t think it looks good to the new players that start out and don’t know the story behind it. They get to LA for the first time and it’s a dump. It’s bound to make a poor first impression.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Living World

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I mean, some of them show up for work without tools!

I think Gnashblade is paying them to show up that way.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Living World

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I think we need to hire motivational speaker. Those workers are not getting the job done. I mean, some of them show up for work without tools!

Well, if you gave my mesmer Anise’s ability to create more than 3 clones, I would get the job done by the end of the weekend!

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

in Living World

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

What they really need to do is find a way to bring back LW1 in the LW2 format and implement phasing for the zones that changed (primarily Lion’s Arch and Kessex Hills). Lion’s Arch would be its original self until you played the LW1 episode where it was destroyed, etc.

I really don’t see what would be so hard about that. It’s the obvious solution and would also improve the flexibility of future LW stories – they could basically hybridize the approach behind 1 and 2.

in Living World

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

The consortium is obviously up to something lately. Maybe they could sell some tools to these lucky laborers from the company store, or extend them some credit out of the goodness of their hearts.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

in Living World

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Well there have been sightings of Consortium NPC’s that appear around the city now. I haven’t checked it myself but they must be up to something. Perhaps they are busy planning the city’s reconstruction and where to place everything.

in Living World

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

what they should do is let player get involved in the rebuilding of LA, like having a pillar that needs a crazy amount of damage before it’s destroyed or you can supply certain places with supplies.
Anet wants something before HoT is released, we want LA rebuild, combine the two and you have a map that players can help rebuild.