3 Things Im trying to understand.

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Cathellos.4835

Cathellos.4835

1. Transmutation Stones: Im not brand NEW to GW2, so its been a while. I know to some degree how the stones work, but my issue is, As im progressing through levels and Story, I get nice/fashionable looking armor pieces, whenever I try to equip it, it tells me to buy stones. So I remember when I was playing a while back, it was only for cash item gear. But now, it’s with any gear I unlock in the game. So my question is, is the game nickel and dining on armour pieces now? Or is there another way to get these stones, so I can equip what I have.

2. Exploring: I have had a lot of fun with this game, mainly for the freedom of running everywhere, cause few mmo’s do that. But I do feel lost at times, even found my way into the illustrious boss train,( Which burned me out!) I was warned to stay away from, but it was fun. So now im back into the game, exploring once again, but I really would like to know, What am I suppose to be doing?!

3.What’s The New Class and Will there ever be mounts?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You get them as login rewards or you can farm map completion for the various cities. This requires you to have a disposable character slot available.

You explore the maps going for map completion while completing dynamic events. At the top right of the screen, there should be a compass that assists you. This was added last April, I believe. It’s really up to you on what you want to do and what your goals are.

The new class is the revenant but no specific details have really been released other than from PAX and a handful of articles. Mounts are currently not planned to be released in this game. This could change in the future but they’re largely unnecessary given the waypoint system that already exists.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

1 – Transmutation stones doesn’t exist anymore (if you still have those you can change 3 of those for 1 transmutation charge), you use transmutation charges to be able to apply a skin over your armor, but just change the armor doesn’t require a charge.
You can get a guaranteed transmutation charge completing the map of a city (Rata Sum, The Grove, etc …) you can create a new toon, map the city, use the charge and delete the toon and repeat as many times as you want.

2 – Do what ever you want , complete any map you want, do some WvW, craft, do the Personal Story, all that gives you exp.

3 – Revenant is the new class and hopefully never ;D

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1) Transmutation charge come from different source : log-in rewards, PvP tract rewards, map completions, black lion chest, etc. You can also buy them in the gem store, but if I used to by transmutation crystal for level 80 gear in the old days, you shouldn’t really need to buy them anymore because you should have a good amount of charge income.

2) Do what you want. This game let you free to do what you prefer to do and if that’s great for a lot of ppl, there is some ppl that constantly need guidance about what to do next and can get lost pretty easily in this game.

3) Same answer as Belzebu

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Cathellos.4835

Ok. So to get more charges I make another char and complete a map and repeat? So are the charges account bound?

Ok. Freedom it is then(Thinking to much like a templar. Lol!). But isn’t there something special I have to do in order to make myself available, for the new map coming in the HOT Expansion?

I mainly only wanted mounts just to look cool. They are DEFINITELY not needed, even though my character runs like a slug. Lol!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Equipping a new piece of armor or a new weapon is completely free (you do that through the Equipment tab).

Replacing the look (skin) of your current equipment with a new one costs transmutation charges. This is the way it’s always been, and it’s actually the opposite of the way you remember – if you buy skins from the gem store you get to apply them once for free.

The thing that changed (back in the April 2014 update) was that you used to have to combine two pieces of equipment, which destroyed both of the originals and gave you one new one with the skins and stats you chose. Which probably means most people didn’t bother doing it except to save skins they bought from the gem store.

Now skins are unlocked in the wardrobe and can be applied as many times as you like. You could get one dungeon coat and apply it to all your characters if you wanted.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Ok. So to get more charges I make another char and complete a map and repeat? So are the charges account bound?

Yes, it is account bound. When you consume the transmutation charge it goes to a “pool” and it is consumed when you apply a new skin to your gear, all that account-wide.

Ok. Freedom it is then(Thinking to much like a templar. Lol!). But isn’t there something special I have to do in order to make myself available, for the new map coming in the HOT Expansion?

Apparently all that stuff will be for lvl 80 characters, or you can make a new character and play the new profession, so you won’t need to do anything for that

I mainly only wanted mounts just to look cool. They are DEFINITELY not needed, even though my character runs like a slug. Lol!

Gear makes you look cool everywhere, mounts only out of combat.
About the slugness, look for skills and traits that gives swiftness, also almost every class have a signet that add a passive 25% movement speed, and there are some runes that rise the movement speed, and over all that there are skills with animations that makes you move faster, like warrior sword #2, ranger greatsword #3, thief shortbow #5 and so on.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

1. Transmutation Stones: Im not brand NEW to GW2, so its been a while. I know to some degree how the stones work, but my issue is, As im progressing through levels and Story, I get nice/fashionable looking armor pieces, whenever I try to equip it, it tells me to buy stones. So I remember when I was playing a while back, it was only for cash item gear. But now, it’s with any gear I unlock in the game. So my question is, is the game nickel and dining on armour pieces now? Or is there another way to get these stones, so I can equip what I have.

It appears you are trying to equip gear from the Wardrobe tab, which is actually used to change the skins.
Armour and weapons are actually equipped from the Equipment tab.

Attachments:

Cathellos.4835

Ok. Wow! This community is seriously helpful, I honestly thought I would get a insult, just for asking question. But I really appreciate clearing everything up.

Another question. Are there pets in this game? And if not, then what is the miniature creatures are for?

Ayrilana.1396

Ok. Wow! This community is seriously helpful, I honestly thought I would get a insult, just for asking question. But I really appreciate clearing everything up.

Another question. Are there pets in this game? And if not, then what is the miniature creatures are for?

There are pets but for rangers only. The miniatures are your flair or “bling” in the game. They don’t really serve a gameplay purpose.

Maxwell.7843

Miniatures are something between pets and toys. They are miniaturized versions of animals, monsters and beloved characters that can follow you around.

They do not affect the gameplay: you can’t interact with them and they don’t do anything in a fight. Enemies ignore their existence.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya there is couple of topic where ppl get really nasty here on the forums

Zerker meta/Holy Trinity/ViablevsEfficient in PvE/PHIW/Elistism/Diversity/etc Which are all closely related and are pretty much two sides battling each other while nobody is winning anything. Those tread are usually turning ugly fast with insult and name calling something, but they are super entertaining to read if you don’t take stuff to seriously and personal.

But other than that, the community is usually really helpful and won’t insult anyone.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Cathellos.4835

Ok. Next thing, the WvW pvp thing. Im not 100% clear onhow it works. I understand that its a GIANT vs battle between servers and I think everyone is the same lvl, so no handicaps? But what do I get from it. Bragging rights, Items, EXP, Gear, or is it all just for PvP fun?

Cathellos.4835

Can you dye cash shop outfits?

Maxwell.7843

Yes. But you don’t dye them the same way you dye armour.

For lack of a better comparison, an outfit is like a full body armour piece with 4 (I think…) dye slots. I don’t know if what I wrote is understandable…

What I mean is that with an armour you are free to dye every singe piece, with an outfit you dye the whole thing (with up to 4 colours… If it is indeed 4).

Cathellos.4835

Thanks Maxwell, yes what you said makes sense. Basically I can’t change every article of clothing individually. I can only change it as a whole.

Can anyone answer my previous question, about PvP?

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

Ok. Next thing, the WvW pvp thing. Im not 100% clear onhow it works. I understand that its a GIANT vs battle between servers and I think everyone is the same lvl, so no handicaps? But what do I get from it. Bragging rights, Items, EXP, Gear, or is it all just for PvP fun?

Everybody in WvW are raised to level 80, including upscaling of base stats and equipment stats. However there is a very distinct difference in character effectiveness between a level 40 in random levelling gear and a level 30 blinged out in well-chosen gear.

Generally you get the same type of loot and EXP from farming other players and Keep Lords as you would farming normal creatures and Champions in PVE. However, the rate of income isn’t as stable since you are playing against other players.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Everybody in WvW are raised to level 80, including upscaling of base stats and equipment stats. However there is a very distinct difference in character effectiveness between a level 40 in random levelling gear and a level 30 blinged out in well-chosen gear.

Generally you get the same type of loot and EXP from farming other players and Keep Lords as you would farming normal creatures and Champions in PVE. However, the rate of income isn’t as stable since you are playing against other players.

Heh I find income is pretty much comparable if there are actually players to play against.

It’s when you run around for an hour without really encountering any enemies that it gets bad.

Cathellos.4835

Ok. Whats the easiest way to farm for charges?

Cathellos.4835

Ok. So what about when you lose to other players? Do you lose money or anything?

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

Ok. So what about when you lose to other players? Do you lose money or anything?

Just your dignity. Since the September 2014 patch, armour repair costs were removed along with Way Point travel costs in WvW. So if you die, you suffer no monetary loss.

Cathellos.4835

Ok. Any methods on whats the best way to farm for Charges?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Ok. Whats the easiest way to farm for charges?

Completing exploration of a map always rewards you with a charge.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you enjoy or at least doesn’t hate doing PvP then PvP is probably best otherwise creating a new character and doing map completion for each racial city.

Alternatively just login every day. You get 3 ever 26 days from the login rewards.

Cathellos.4835

Ok. So no shortcut on this, unless I buy them.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If you do PvP, you do get a fair number of Charges from the reward tracks. (It’s where I got most of mine.) Otherwise, you get them from map completions. If neither of those sound appealing, then yes, you will need to purchase them from the gem store.

Cathellos.4835

Reward Tracks? What exactly is the?

Ayrilana.1396

Cathellos.4835

Traits have changed a lot. Can someone please explain!

Ayrilana.1396

Traits have changed a lot. Can someone please explain!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trait_guide

Maxwell.7843

If I were you I wold off on spending tons of gold on trait books, the trait system is going to change in one of the future updates.

Hopefully trait unlocking will become account bound, and the unlocking process more fun/varied/rewarding.

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Trait unlocking being account bound would be an awesome move in my books, but I have my doubts that would occur.